Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

MooCowlian posted:

Am I going crazy or is it impossible to make progress through the map through invasion missions? It won't let me more than one mission into phobos, which is awkward when I could really do with some materials from beyond there.

No, that's true. If an Invasion's going on, you don't get credit for the underlying regular node. Goons'll be happy to taxi you to other nodes, however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Charles Bukowski posted:

If there's 20k people playing, why do I never see any pubbies doing the lowbie planet missions with me? :(

Having the launcher open is enough for Steam to count you as "playing."

I think I've racked up like 150 hours 'played' that way.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
That 20k is spread out over every region, and the game doesn't check every region when joining a game. Just yours.

Kyte posted:

They aren't even related.

Sumpo Food owns PWE. They are directly related.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
What will be will be, its not like we can do anything about it if they decide to change the game.

“Control the things you can control, maggot. Let everything else take a flying gently caress at you and if you must go down, go down with your guns blazing.”

ptp
Aug 27, 2010
I ended up kinda busy and didn't finish my Stratos Emblem. What have I missed out on, exactly?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Denzine posted:

Sumpo Food owns PWE. They are directly related.

This is completely wrong. Perfect World Co., Ltd. (PWRD) is a publicly traded company whose major shareholders, as far as I can tell, are these.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Can anyone fill me in on the topic of secret areas in the void? So I watched this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T2NiVk4nrY

But of the couple times I went in to search for them I had no luck, except one time where I wasn't quick enough and the door closed on me.

- Does every red door indicate a secret area? many times I find one but no pressure plate.

- Some doors are orange-ish, is that significant?

- Are the secret area pressure plates the round ones only, or the square ones too? A few times we stepped on both of those types and nothing happened that we could tell.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Kyte posted:

This is completely wrong. Perfect World Co., Ltd. (PWRD) is a publicly traded company whose major shareholders, as far as I can tell, are these.

I could have sworn I saw Sumpo listed as an owner long before this business with DE. I must've misread something pretty badly and then never checked again. Thanks for this.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So assuming this invasion stuff is the same across all platforms, how long until I can do the do the regular boss of venus to get Rhino parts?

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
So this just got tweeted by the Warframe twitter, leads to a forum post about an overhaul to Archwing changes; https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/362776-psa-coming-archwing-changes/

DERebecca posted:

Tenno,

Archwing will be receiving some changes in the next major update (likely tomorrow on PC). This post will give a general outline of what you can expect tomorrow, as well as the fundamental takeaway that we aren’t done changing, tweaking, and forever adjusting things to better fit a fun Archwing experience!

Dual Decurion Buff
The latest Archwing Reinforcement will be receiving boosts on stats for damage and clip size.
The weapon now fires as Automatic instead of semi-Automatic.

Innate Vacuum for Loot pickup
All players will now experience a default radial ‘Vacuum’ effect for loot making pick-ups easier to grab and improve the general flow of movement.

Archwing Interception Rewards
Interception Rewards are now exclusively Archwing Mods, no other mods are presented in the Reward Table.

Stunlock Reduced
Overall stunlock intensity reduced in combat.

Buffed Mods
Critical Chance Mods for Melee and Rifle have both been buffed.
Health/Shield/Armor Mods have been buffed.

And, perhaps the biggest change of all:
Warframe Stats and Mods no longer carry over onto Archwing performance.
All Archwings now have different base Health/Shield/Armor stats that can be modded (with the newly buffed mods).
What this generally will change is the ‘Rhino or XYZ is the only Viable frame’ statements.

Stay tuned for more details tomorrow, and we will update this with any major changes should they occur. We mostly wanted to give you a heads up on what you can expect in the ‘Archwing Improvements’ department!

Bolded bits are the parts I found important.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Cool, now they just have to make it fun.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

Daynab posted:

Can anyone fill me in on the topic of secret areas in the void? So I watched this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T2NiVk4nrY

But of the couple times I went in to search for them I had no luck, except one time where I wasn't quick enough and the door closed on me.

- Does every red door indicate a secret area? many times I find one but no pressure plate.

- Some doors are orange-ish, is that significant?

- Are the secret area pressure plates the round ones only, or the square ones too? A few times we stepped on both of those types and nothing happened that we could tell.
A lot of secret rooms will not spawn on anything but T2 or higher keys, for starters, and you aren't guaranteed any particular one even if it's in the right sort of configuration to do so. I haven't seen the rooms in that particular video spawn in a long time, but then again I don't do a lot of void missions where they would spawn honestly.

Not all red doors are secrets, it's just that these particular doors with long obstacle courses will open on timers or proximity due to the time-limited puzzle gates they work as.

Orange doors I'm not really sure about though, thought they were just red doors with bugged tinting on them honestly.

This guy has a lot of other secret rooms shown in his video and shows how to get to some of the really hard spots without using teleportation or exploits:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygcFA96u2Qo

A good reason to look for the secret areas currently is that it's possible to find rare containers in these that can drop forma and void loot table rewards in general (I saw someone that had 10k credits in a spawn).

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
I haven't seen caches in secret rooms lately, and evne when they're explicitly enabled they have a dismal spawn rate in places they should be like the very tall reactor hall ceiling grate.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Denzine posted:

Cool, now they just have to make it fun.

But it's more fun than land missions? :confused:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

The one thing Archwing missions having going for them is the pure bliss of hotdoggin' it on a jetpack in the vacuum of space

Seriously no not hotdoggin' it twenty four seven in Archwing missions; I will find out if you're not hotdoggin' it

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
That's what the Sabotage runs are for, where's there's no reason to engage any enemies whatsoever besdies the reactor. :c00l:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Some of those space corpus guys are HUGE. I dont blame you for not wanting to fight em.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Also the changes to Warframe stats interacting with Archwing stats are extremely conducive to my continuing to own only a Loki

All Warframes are equal, but some are more equal than others

Khorne
May 1, 2002

d3lness posted:

I'm assuming Limbo goes efficiency/duration? Also, nerf Snowglobe, replace with new frame that does it better!

That's the build I used with Corrosive Projection instead of Energy Siphon. Probably not optimal. I swapped some mods just for this.

You probably don't need streamline, constitution.

I didn't get hit once so I guess redirection and vitality aren't necessary either, but you should have those because dying is really bad for the limbo.

If you were going to go higher than 40, or even to 40, maybe you want flow+quick thinking just for more ehp so you can't screw up, die, and make your party lose.

If narrow minded is higher maybe you want stretch so the mini bubble is guaranteed to protect the pod right before it pops. One issue is there's definitely a second or two where the pod is exposed, and this could be catastrophic on occasion in really high waves. In practice, the pod took 0 hits in between cataclysms on our run. I used the skillful strategy of aim where it goes and spam 4 until it casts as the catacylsm expires.

But honestly, you just cataclysm on cooldown, use your 2 before cataclysm expires/to go res someone who messed up getting loot/maybe to draw fire as cataclysm goes down, and you spam at the ancient dudes who rush in with speed so they die instantly when they come into the bubble. I kept my 3 up but it only effects limbo pretty sure. You just shoot at the cataclysm edge as they run in so that when they get in they get zapped to death instantly. Very few monsters will make it in.

I probably killed like 10 things all run but I could have moved outside of cata and shot stuff for the first 30 waves or so safely if I wanted to I had just never used limbo outside of leveling before and we were trying to keep people banished at first (and it apparently doesn't work in cataclysm or some weird interaction/bug, I don't know, so confused). Another trick if you are using banish (it's not required for this strat) is to pop your 3 after you banish people. The banish timer often doesn't work properly, especially if you banish multiple things, so track it with your 3 timer. It's hard to visually discern banish on mesas/in certain situations.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Dec 11, 2014

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

TheRationalRedditor posted:

That's what the Sabotage runs are for, where's there's no reason to engage any enemies whatsoever besdies the reactor. :c00l:

Hey now jumping from enemy to enemy in a frenzied orgy of melee destruction is Cool and Good too.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

necrobobsledder posted:

A lot of secret rooms will not spawn on anything but T2 or higher keys, for starters, and you aren't guaranteed any particular one even if it's in the right sort of configuration to do so. I haven't seen the rooms in that particular video spawn in a long time, but then again I don't do a lot of void missions where they would spawn honestly.

Not all red doors are secrets, it's just that these particular doors with long obstacle courses will open on timers or proximity due to the time-limited puzzle gates they work as.

Orange doors I'm not really sure about though, thought they were just red doors with bugged tinting on them honestly.

This guy has a lot of other secret rooms shown in his video and shows how to get to some of the really hard spots without using teleportation or exploits:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygcFA96u2Qo

A good reason to look for the secret areas currently is that it's possible to find rare containers in these that can drop forma and void loot table rewards in general (I saw someone that had 10k credits in a spawn).

Oh wow, that's a lot of cleverly hidden areas that I didn't expect to be there. Do his other 3 parts show some more too?

Also it answered one of my questions about circular plates, the one where he shoots the thing that opens up in the ceiling.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Kyte posted:

Hey now jumping from enemy to enemy in a frenzied orgy of melee destruction is Cool and Good too.

That's where archwing shines the brightest, which is kinda lame because blasting apart spaceships with a huge autocannon should be amazing.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
Liking the Archwing changes. Now I can be the pretty space ninja gundam I always wanted instead of being forced to use specific frames. Like, I don't want to be a fat gundam. Archwing has fun mechanics. I just want more variety in the missions and enemies. Like, give us a large ship enemy to dismantle with multiple parts to blow up. Make the Grineer or Corpus Drones dock their ships together and form a giant space centipede or something.

Cainer
May 8, 2008
I just wish Archwing was more like a spaceflight sim, I want to be constantly moving at break neck speeds, shooting bad guys with my zappy gun and stuff. Just Do X-wing vs Tiefighter and slap on some frame aesthetics. As it is now I'm usually trying not to fall asleep.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Male Man posted:

That's where archwing shines the brightest, which is kinda lame because blasting apart spaceships with a huge autocannon should be amazing.

Not really. I mean, sure there's explosions and stuff but without the help of a cinematic camera a gun is just not very interesting. The primary component here is dynamism. With melee you're always moving, your viewpoint keeps shifting. It's extremely dynamic, and that makes it cool. A gun can't do that because it fucks with your aiming.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Make your guns aim automatically. Also the frame flies itself. Also you just sit back the whole mission.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.
Ah crap. Stupid menus. I think I left the PS4 Clan. Can I get a reinvite? PSN: mrEkli

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Kyte posted:

Not really. I mean, sure there's explosions and stuff but without the help of a cinematic camera a gun is just not very interesting. The primary component here is dynamism. With melee you're always moving, your viewpoint keeps shifting. It's extremely dynamic, and that makes it cool. A gun can't do that because it fucks with your aiming.

It looks like a spectacle but you don't really even have to aim because Archwing melee's auto-targeting is so amazingly lenient. I of all people am not going to pretend Warframe in general has much if any skill involved but Archwing is very clearly worse about it, and I don't think there's a way for it to get better.

edit: typo

Denzine fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Dec 11, 2014

Fightest
Nov 4, 2009

Great Sage
Equal of Heaven

SynthOrange posted:

Make your guns aim automatically.

A lock-on feature would actually be very handy. Then they can increase the number of enemies to counter the higher kill-count that would result, and shooting would start moving towards fun. Really, though, the only thing bringing Archwing down is the limited variety.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I'm a certified void secrets expert, If you are on the PC add sandweed ingame and we'll go on adventures.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Started playing last week when I finally got a PS4, figured I'd wait until I was only kind of terrible rather than completely terrible to join a clan. That time has come. PSN: SethAmongMany.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Denzine posted:

It looks like a spectacle but you don't really even have to aim because Archwing melee's auto-targeting is so amazingly lenient. I of all people am not going to pretend Warframe in general has much if any skill involved but Archwing is very clearly worse about it, and I don't think there's a way for it to get better.

edit: typo

It's not that lenient. You can still break your combo if an enemy is a bit out of range and you don't manage to orient quick enough to apply a quick dash there. And this happens fairly often.

ptp
Aug 27, 2010

Sandweed posted:

I'm a certified void secrets expert, If you are on the PC add sandweed ingame and we'll go on adventures.

i love this poo poo let's go on adventures bro

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Kyte posted:

It's not that lenient. You can still break your combo if an enemy is a bit out of range and you don't manage to orient quick enough to apply a quick dash there. And this happens fairly often.

It's hard for me to see that as a significant limitation.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Denzine posted:

It's hard for me to see that as a significant limitation.

It's actually surprisingly significant 'cause whiffing the combo means you're stuck swinging at nothing and giving the enemy free potshots to take at you. Go too nuts and you get punished. I like playing overly aggressively so I've had the problem fairly often.

Assuming you're in a mission that's beyond braindead-easy, that is.

Honestly I find land missions to be less challenging but with more bullshit difficulty. You have more tools but with more cheesy enemies like grapplers, one-shotters and so on.

E: Come to think of it I think you're the first guy I see that doesn't like the archwing melee. Hell, I've seen some suggest they implement a similar system to land melee and I'm inclined to agree, it'd make combat flow way better. Just add a restriction so you need to be looking in the right direction to hit the enemy. (Basically ape the Arkham games)

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Kyte posted:

E: Come to think of it I think you're the first guy I see that doesn't like the archwing melee. Hell, I've seen some suggest they implement a similar system to land melee and I'm inclined to agree, it'd make combat flow way better. Just add a restriction so you need to be looking in the right direction to hit the enemy. (Basically ape the Arkham games)

What.

Panzerkin3D
Dec 13, 2011

The mountains have always been here, and in them, the bears.
So I think that Max Slow Nova is the key to the new infested defenses (for getting into higher waves not necessarily farming exp). With the max slow you can generally kill everything before it gets near the pod and/or covers the entire planet with tar/bees.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Arching melee owns. Shame that archwing as a game type is pointless.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
Archwing would be a bazillion times better as a StarFox/Gummi-Ship rail shooter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Emalde posted:

Arching melee owns. Shame that archwing as a game type is pointless.

Yes

redstormpopcorn posted:

Archwing would be a bazillion times better as a StarFox/Gummi-Ship rail shooter.

Only if we can customize the gummi-wings and make them entirely out of guns. Just like god the Orokin intended :911:

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Dec 11, 2014