Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I said come in! posted:

Destiny would need to be straight up an MMO in order for this to work. Like there would have to be absolutely no question about what it was.

Which would require it to have far more content than it has, even now, after The Dark Below. You can make an argument that Destiny has far more content than most shooters when it's pitching itself as a shooter, if you market it as an MMO, it looks like the most underdeveloped MMO on the content front imaginable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

goferchan posted:

For what it's worth this would be a TERRIBLE game to play with strangers online, it requires a ton of cooperation and communication to pull off the trickier stuff that's already a challenge when you're sitting right next to your co-op buddy.

Well, I have many people I have known for ages (plus you goons) as online friends. I hear ya, though...

[edit]
DRIVECLUB

My Gamefly version just showed up.

1) The photomode is great.

2) Its not that I find rain to be all that interesting... but what it does to the graphics by way of adding asymmetrical imperfection just makes the game SO MUCH MORE REALISTIC looking!

https://twitter.com/feenix7/status/542810946662445056

Neron
Jan 14, 2008

Anyone still playing Spelunky? I need more people in the daily leaderboards. PSN ID HubbaDucky

revolther
May 27, 2008
Having beaten FarCry 4 a week back, I'm finding very little reason to return, I'd be interested in hearing folks gripes about it.

Personally I was disappointed by the lack of vertical gameplay, the inclusion of only a single new enemy class, a rather repetitive collection of weapons, no significant improvements to hunting/crafting, and a rather low difficulty level on hard in comparison to FC3 and it doesn't appear to unlock a higher difficulty.

I do appreciate it allowing for 3-5 different endings, and feel a little boneheaded for not copying my save to USB drive before the final mission. The story was certainly less obnoxious, though everyone you interact with comes off as a transparent poo poo head. I wouldn't be surprised if the other endings were equally unsatisfying and depressing, though that's not necessarily bad.

Also haven't been able to find a single multiplayer game in the handful of times I've tried.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

revolther posted:

Having beaten FarCry 4 a week back, I'm finding very little reason to return, I'd be interested in hearing folks gripes about it.

Personally I was disappointed by the lack of vertical gameplay, the inclusion of only a single new enemy class, a rather repetitive collection of weapons, no significant improvements to hunting/crafting, and a rather low difficulty level on hard in comparison to FC3 and it doesn't appear to unlock a higher difficulty.

I do appreciate it allowing for 3-5 different endings, and feel a little boneheaded for not copying my save to USB drive before the final mission. The story was certainly less obnoxious, though everyone you interact with comes off as a transparent poo poo head. I wouldn't be surprised if the other endings were equally unsatisfying and depressing, though that's not necessarily bad.

Also haven't been able to find a single multiplayer game in the handful of times I've tried.

Far Cry 4 thread fo Far Cry chat. They talk about 3 there too.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

revolther posted:

My only gripes is that it is more of the same, and that conquering the radio towers and outposts are the most fun you can have in the game. Im also kind of saddened that there is no new game plus.

revolther
May 27, 2008

Bombadilillo posted:

Far Cry 4 thread fo Far Cry chat. They talk about 3 there too.
Hey, gently caress you buddy.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

revolther posted:

Hey, gently caress you buddy.

Sorry for telling you where to find people who have literally been talking about what you are asking for 3 weeks straight. And continue to talk about it as you post here.

Dipshit.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

revolther posted:

I enjoyed it a lot but as soon as I put bullets in the heads of both Golden Path clowns and Pagan I never touched it again and put it on eBay.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Feenix posted:

Well, I have many people I have known for ages (plus you goons) as online friends. I hear ya, though...

[edit]
DRIVECLUB

My Gamefly version just showed up.

1) The photomode is great.

2) Its not that I find rain to be all that interesting... but what it does to the graphics by way of adding asymmetrical imperfection just makes the game SO MUCH MORE REALISTIC looking!

https://twitter.com/feenix7/status/542810946662445056

I just played a couple races on my copy that arrived today from Amazon (Still on sale today for $35 if anyone is interested). I was going to come here to post the same thing about the photo mode. It has all the photographer type options right there so you can simulate a panning shot and it even has focus peaking if you change the focal distance.

I think I have to play it a bit more and get used to trying not to take every corner at full speed. In Forza somehow I can do that on a lot of turns and still place in the top 3 easily but then I also don't care about ramming into an AI player in Forza to use them as a way to keep me from flying off the turn.

The crowd is better done than Forza on Xbox One with its cardboard cutouts that repeat the same person multiple times in one view. When the animations are playing you barely notice their malformed arms so I can give them a pass.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

lol is that really DriveClub?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Don't thalomide-judge :colbert:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

revolther posted:

I've never played (or even really seen) any other Far Cry games and I really love it -- I'm taking my time, though, been playing since release day and haven't even unlocked the second half of the map. I don't have a ton of gripes so far, but a few things have bugged me: first, you're not missing ANYTHING with regards to the multiplayer (the competitive, I mean, co-op is awesome and even though you can't do the story missions, those are like the least interesting part of the game anyway-- it's a blast to hunt for collectibles and take over outposts and hang from a rope throwing Molotov cocktails while attached to the gyrocopter your buddy is piloting) -- the asymmetrical teams are a neat idea but objective based team multiplayer on (relatively) small maps don't really play to the game's strengths at all (the open world, travelling around, all the emergent AI behavior, etc). I wouldn't be surprised if the reason you can't find a game is that nobody's played more than one or two matches before quitting MP for good-- it's not BAD, but there are way better options if you want a competitive shooter.

The map design is pretty cool, to me, although I don't have the other games in the series to compare it to. For a map that's so big, it was designed really thoughtfully -- I've taken to running around on foot even on longer journeys where a vehicle might be more appropriate, just because there's always some cave or pathway or collectible that I'll run into on the way. The outposts and fortresses all seem to have multiple "solutions" while still feeling organic -- I like how there's always a cozy little sniping spot, or a place you can grapple up a wall, or an underground tunnel. maybe I just suck but I died a bunch trying to take the first fortress over; in a lot of games I would usually just give up and try it again later but instead it got me thinking "okay, what's another way I can approach this?" and sure enough, I found one that works.

The upgrade system, I'm torn on. On one hand, I like that (with a few exceptions) you can level up most of your skills and craft most of your equipment upgrades early in the game if you want to do so, by purposefully going to hunt down specific animals or by completing sidequests that give a lot of XP. On the other hand, I'm not even halfway through the main story and I have most of the interesting skills unlocked and most of my crafted equipment maxed out. Normally I'm not crazy about locking upgrades in an open-world game behind story progress (and Far Cry does this a LITTLE) but it's kind of a bummer that I'm gonna be going through the rest of the story with basically the same skills and equipment as I have right now. Also, I've found hunting animals to be really fun but now that I've crafted all my poo poo I don't really have a reason to do it anymore which is a bummer, too. not really sure what solution I'd propose here but the existing system isn't perfect

Also as far as difficulty goes, I started on hard but dropped it to normal when I heard that all hard mode does is increase enemy health and damage. I still die often enough on normal mode but death isn't very punishing in the game anyway so it's no big deal

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=em-upload_owner&v=ISxWack61q0

Short clip of DriveClub in the rain. YouTube probably junks it up but there you go.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Feenix posted:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=em-upload_owner&v=ISxWack61q0

Short clip of DriveClub in the rain. YouTube probably junks it up but there you go.

Looks worse in action then the amazing pictures. Maybe its the checkpoint video game stuff or the stunted videogame movement. Those picture are so amazing though and this is still really pretty.

Wish I liked racing.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Was playing Tomb Raider today, I did a broadcast on Twitch.tv and got 10 viewers. Made me feel special. :unsmith:

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

I said come in! posted:

Was playing Tomb Raider today, I did a broadcast on Twitch.tv and got 10 viewers. Made me feel special. :unsmith:

Once I streamed ninja-kun on Nico Video, and got 15 or so people watching before the time limit.

On twitch? Zero. Any game, always zero.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Always wondered about that. They say to build an audience you should talk to your viewers, be engaging, have an actual personality, etc. I'd say keeping the first few is the hard part. It's like walking into a party and there only being a couple people. They just kinda "Eh" and :yikes:

If there's only one or two you're just yammering to the same person who probably wants you to shut up

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I don't like it when people talk while playing video games actually. The most well known Twitch personalities are very annoying and talk too much, and none of it is interesting, they are just creating white noise. They also tend to play real bad music.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I like to just turn on random games I'm not familiar with and watch for awhile. Some guy was grinding out a Platinum in that new Yakuza game so I watched him do that for like 2 hours with like 10 other Japanese people and the occasional confused American asking what game it is.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
It's probably just because I'm an old fart but the whole idea of watching other people at video games or streaming your game online just seems weird and lame to me.

Maybe I'm just still bitter about Kenny hogging the controller on tony hawk back in the day.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Do contests, or grow some tits.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

FishBulb posted:

It's probably just because I'm an old fart but the whole idea of watching other people at video games or streaming your game online just seems weird and lame to me.

As long as you aren't the crusty 19-year old over in the Nintendo threads.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Yeah I'm not too big a fan of racing games but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfLRV-fUYLE

Can we have this weather tech in the next elder scrolls?

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
I find myself browsing through the Live From Playstation stuff sometimes and yeah, most people seem to have around 2-20 people watching. Some guy got a few hundred by streaming Unity a few hours before it got released, not sure if it was on Uplay or Twitch.

Not sure if I'd ever stream. There are times when I'm thinking "hey, I think other people might like to see this cool poo poo!" but :effort: . I have been saving some game clips to mess around with in the Share Suite thing though. I'm planning on making some poo poo to throw on Youtube eventually, but I'll probably just be lazy and then delete them for space. Next Gen!

I said come in! posted:

I don't like it when people talk while playing video games actually. The most well known Twitch personalities are very annoying and talk too much, and none of it is interesting, they are just creating white noise. They also tend to play real bad music.

Yeah, I like when people explain poo poo in the game, but that usually takes some setup so it's really more of a Let's Play kinda deal. Which kinda defeats the whole "streaming" idea. The music thing is usually because you can't stream licensed music, or at least there are some goofy rules regarding it, so people just play their friends' lovely mathcore band or something. Maybe with Google buying Songza and Twitch streamers will be able to use better music (they won't).

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

FishBulb posted:

Maybe I'm just still bitter about Kenny hogging the controller on tony hawk back in the day.

Me and a buddy have been streaming Wall Street Kid for NES for a while now.

We keep losing and making up voices. For some stuff it's pretty funny.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Policenaut posted:

I like to just turn on random games I'm not familiar with and watch for awhile. Some guy was grinding out a Platinum in that new Yakuza game so I watched him do that for like 2 hours with like 10 other Japanese people and the occasional confused American asking what game it is.

Yeah, this too. I watched somebody fumble around in Onichanbara Z for awhile while I was getting ready to go out the other day. It's a good way to check out some games you'd never buy yourself.

EDIT

To the poster who was asking before, I own the Lara Croft Osiris game and so does Feenix so that makes at least two others. If one more person buys it we might get a full game going at some point!

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
What is the best program to use your dual shock on your PC nowadays?

Sprawl
Nov 21, 2005

I'm a huge retarded sperglord who can't spell, but Starfleet Dental would still take me and I love them for it!

Megasabin posted:

What is the best program to use your dual shock on your PC nowadays?

Well there are a few and it depends which dual shock you have.

A DS3 you use the SCP stuff. http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

You can use that for a DS4 but it doesnt have all the features something like DS4Windows has. http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4Windows-Another-fork-another-thread

I use these two at the same time for my DS3 and DS4 and they works just fine side by side. The DS3 one never turns off but the DS4 is a window application that just goes down to the taskbar so its easy to close off.

Sprawl fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Dec 11, 2014

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Static Rook posted:

Yeah, this too. I watched somebody fumble around in Onichanbara Z for awhile while I was getting ready to go out the other day. It's a good way to check out some games you'd never buy yourself.

I was thinking about importing that Oneechanbara game so I watched it for like an hour and threw that idea out the window. Live on PlayStation is really good for that kinda stuff.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Sprawl posted:

You can use that for a DS4 but it doesnt have all the features something like DS4Windows has. http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4Windows-Another-fork-another-thread

That one got very money-grubby very fast. It has ads in the thing. Didn't we learn our lesson from MotionInJoy?

You want this one (also named DS4Windows even though it's a different fork because I don't know why).

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
I still use a 6.0005 MotionInJoy for my DS3.

Sprawl
Nov 21, 2005

I'm a huge retarded sperglord who can't spell, but Starfleet Dental would still take me and I love them for it!

Sir Unimaginative posted:

That one got very money-grubby very fast. It has ads in the thing. Didn't we learn our lesson from MotionInJoy?

You want this one (also named DS4Windows because I don't know why).

Yea but it doesnt have all the cool macro functions like that other ones has.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Got a new bookshelf today and just finished setting it all up. My PS4 now stands vertically and diagonally, looking much, much sleeker and sexier on this tan shelf than blending into my old black TV stand :allears:

I just hope I don't burn it up by standing it vertically :shepface:

I Googled it a little bit and I got lots of conflicting ideas, so I have no idea whether it's actually bad for the system or not.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

It blocks off the intake vents on the bottom and it's at risk of falling over. It'll look much better with the stand.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I forget what I was playing but I recently had 53 viewers. I felt like a god.

MrBigglesworth
Mar 26, 2005

Lover of Fuzzy Meatloaf
So I finally finished college and I am getting back into games. Got a PS4 tonight, moved my PS3 to the bedroom. Why is there no PS4 media remote like there is for the PS3. I loved the PS3 for all the Netflix/Amazon streaming and being an excellent Blu Ray playerl

It seems the only PS4 remote I can find is some piece of poo poo that gets extremely low ratings. PS4 has been out for what, over a year now?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

MrLonghair posted:

It blocks off the intake vents on the bottom and it's at risk of falling over. It'll look much better with the stand.
Yeah, I was trying to figure out which way to place it and I ended up placing it with the disc drive/LED closer to the top. I figured it was going to block a vent either way I did it. Is one worse to block than another? I'm not really gonna be touching it at all (other than to insert/remove discs, but I won't actually be touching the system for that), so I doubt it'll fall over.

I guess I'll see if it gets loud/runs hotter/etc. when playing games/Blu-Rays, and if it does, then I'll buy the stand. But if it runs fine standing vertically on a shelf without the stand, then that seems like a waste of money.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Yeah, I was trying to figure out which way to place it and I ended up placing it with the disc drive/LED closer to the top. I figured it was going to block a vent either way I did it. Is one worse to block than another? I'm not really gonna be touching it at all (other than to insert/remove discs, but I won't actually be touching the system for that), so I doubt it'll fall over.

I guess I'll see if it gets loud/runs hotter/etc. when playing games/Blu-Rays, and if it does, then I'll buy the stand. But if it runs fine standing vertically on a shelf without the stand, then that seems like a waste of money.

buy the stand man look at yourself teetering a 400 dollar machine on its side blocking vents and praying nothing touches it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

That's the way mine has been vertically since launch and zero problems.

Also get a little stand it's cheap.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Dec 11, 2014

• Locked thread