Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

shiksa posted:

heres a drawing of princess leia kicking something called prince xixor in the dick

i believe this is the only part of the eu that is still canon

Prince Xixor was the head of Black Sun, the biggest organized crime corporation in the galaxy. Naturally Emperor Palpatine liked him & Black Sun a lot and for awhile Xixor and Vader vied for his affections until Vader managed to destroy him. Im sure there's a novel-length essay on Wookipedia about him and another one about Black Sun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

A large subplot of his book revolved around him trying to date-rape Leia using his pheromones.

E: There's also a chapter where Vader and Xizor debate the ethics and efficacy of Imperial sociology in front of the Emperor.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It looks like she's just doing a dance in front of him.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

I can't believe I only just noticed this, but the Stormtroopers aren't even reacting to the zapping.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Pththya-lyi posted:

I can't believe I only just noticed this, but the Stormtroopers aren't even reacting to the zapping.

They've seen crazier poo poo in the EU, cyclops Leia is pretty small fry for them.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

A large subplot of his book revolved around him trying to date-rape Leia using his pheromones.

E: There's also a chapter where Vader and Xizor debate the ethics and efficacy of Imperial sociology in front of the Emperor.

The absolute best part was that Xizor was described as "physical perfection" as far as his body went, and was so bored by working out or training he had a special room where he could sit at a computer and force fields would exercise his muscles so he could maintain peak physical condition without having to do anything.

Star Wars EU knew their fanbase even in the 90s and blatantly catered towards them.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

the best part about shadows of the empire was xizors sex robot

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

kingcom posted:

They've seen crazier poo poo in the EU, cyclops Leia is pretty small fry for them.

Imagine if stormtroopers just have a "crazy poo poo pool", like they've been around long enough to know that at every climactic moment some really wild poo poo is gonna go down, do you think they take bets beforehand?

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

pentyne posted:

The absolute best part was that Xizor was described as "physical perfection" as far as his body went, and was so bored by working out or training he had a special room where he could sit at a computer and force fields would exercise his muscles so he could maintain peak physical condition without having to do anything.

Star Wars EU knew their fanbase even in the 90s and blatantly catered towards them.

SaltLick posted:

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

SaltLick posted:

3P0? :ohdear:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Guri

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

albany academy posted:

Imagine if stormtroopers just have a "crazy poo poo pool", like they've been around long enough to know that at every climactic moment some really wild poo poo is gonna go down, do you think they take bets beforehand?

If that Trioculus guy was my boss I wouldn't particularly object to seeing him bite the dust.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

someone post the edit with all the lasers flying around

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

That gif is the prequels.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

albany academy posted:

Probably, thats actually why they probably miss all the time because they know that they might accidentally hit someone who can turn in a rancor or something.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
The idea of storm troopers as genre savvy jobbers, who are just tired of all these star wars, make them the first characters in the series I feel empathy for.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Fellbat posted:

The idea of storm troopers as genre savvy jobbers, who are just tired of all these star wars, make them the first characters in the series I feel empathy for.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Davin_Felth

Behold the super storm trooper. Knew that AT-ATs could be tripped up and had his career ruined. Found droid parts on Tatooine.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

SaltLick posted:

Behold the super storm trooper. Knew that AT-ATs could be tripped up and had his career ruined. Found droid parts on Tatooine.

this is the definition of tying bullshit together around a nameless background guy, gently caress

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

why are star wars fans so much worse and convoluted than all the others

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Harime Nui posted:

I've never played the games it's just, it sounds like the whole thing is "HEH, light side, dark side, can't you just see how wrong that is maaan" when all along the light side really just means 'balance,' ying/yang (or light and dark if you prefer) working together and 'dark side' virtually means just loving up

That idea would play better before the prequels made it clear the "light side" is being a weird emotionless, attachment-free sexless android.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Defiance Industries posted:

That idea would play better before the prequels made it clear the "light side" is being a weird emotionless, attachment-free sexless android.

I dunno, a big thing in the prequels is that the jedi have become idiot weirdos over the years

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

SaltLick posted:

most realistic part of the eu

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Defiance Industries posted:

It would also play better if it wasnt like
Answer A: Help everyone and accept no reward. Give your own money to orphans. GAIN LIGHT SIDE POINTS.
Answer B: Kill and rape everyone and take their money, burn down an orphanage. GAIN DARK SIDE POINTS.

Just have answers that are less obvious, and dont loving tell me what answer shoves me into what direction. Let me figure out that poo poo myself or have me reap what i sow at a later point without having a detailed diagram of excatly how good/bad i am at this very instance.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

SunAndSpring posted:

speaking of dumb names

Stay safe Lumpy Space Empress

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Im honestly amazed there is no Darth Death.

Or is there?
Tell me there isnt.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Mortis

A quick check of Wookiepedia reveals dozens and dozens more Sith lords with terrible names: Darth Talon, Darth Zhorrid, Darth Desolous, Darth Nihl (different from Darth Nihilus), Darth Stryfe, Darth Maleval, Darth Maladi, Darth Havok, Darth Ravage, Darth Decimus, Darth Howl, Darth Atroph, Darth Scabrous, Darth Karnage, Darth Ruin, Darth Kallous, Darth Vilus, Darth Enraj, Darth Iratus, etc etc..

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Stay safe Lumpy Space Empress

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Mortis

A quick check of Wookiepedia reveals dozens and dozens more Sith lords with terrible names: Darth Talon, Darth Zhorrid, Darth Desolous, Darth Nihl (different from Darth Nihilus), Darth Stryfe, Darth Maleval, Darth Maladi, Darth Havok, Darth Ravage, Darth Decimus, Darth Howl, Darth Atroph, Darth Scabrous, Darth Karnage, Darth Ruin, Darth Kallous, Darth Vilus, Darth Enraj, Darth Iratus, etc etc..

But no Darth Death, right?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Yolomon Wayne posted:

But no Darth Death, right?

umm.....

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
'Mortis' is Latin for 'of death' (as in 'rigor mortis')

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Darth howl lol

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Fetus Tree posted:

Darth howl lol

theres so many to choose from. its a loving buffet

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
sith could go for an aggressive public relations makeover. darth happy, darth honorable, darth byob

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

'Mortis' is Latin for 'of death' (as in 'rigor mortis')

Yes i know, but its still a shot from actual literally Darth "Death".

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
It'd be a pretty stressful time for a Sith apprentice when they're about to graduate to Sith lord and they see their master flipping through a thesaurus trying to pick a new name for them.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I dunno but if you were told that you could never get laid or masturbate ever for your entire life, it's no wonder your bizarre surging passions take you down the dark side.

No loving poo poo passion leads to the dark side, that sexual frustration has to be channeled somehow. Meditation only works for so long.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

It'd be a pretty stressful time for a Sith apprentice when they're about to graduate to Sith lord and they see their master flipping through a thesaurus trying to pick a new name for them.

This explains why assassination amongst Sith is pretty popular.
When all the cool names are taken, you gotta kill the current holder.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

No way, no way. Tried it once, doesn't work. You got four apprentices all fighting over who's gonna be Darth Ebon, but they don't know each other, so nobody wants to back down. No way. I pick.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I feel the urge to write fanfic starring Darth Rainbow.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I feel the urge to write fanfic starring Darth Rainbow.

Change it to Darth Raynbo, make them Vader's secret apprentice and you have half an EU novel already

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Improbable Lobster posted:

Change it to Darth Raynbo, make them Vader's secret fuckboi and you have half an EU novel already

Gotcha.
Im gonna be rich.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Improbable Lobster posted:

Change it to Darth Raynbo, make them Vader's secret apprentice and you have half an EU novel already

jfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Otisburg posted:

No way, no way. Tried it once, doesn't work. You got four apprentices all fighting over who's gonna be Darth Ebon, but they don't know each other, so nobody wants to back down. No way. I pick.

Listen princess, I'm not gonna bullshit you, all right? I don't give a good gently caress what you know, or don't know, but I'm gonna torture you anyway, regardless. Not to get information. It's amusing, to me, to torture a princess. You can say anything you want cause I've heard it all before.

• Locked thread