Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

:biotruths:, anyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

no? women's shirts and jackets have lefthanded buttons

unless you're making the argument that it's presumptuous to believe that a person wearing clothes designed for women is probably a woman in which case yes you got it right, the drunken dutchman who writes inspector danger is a sexist cislord

e: i mean like he absolutely is, we have tons of other comics proving it, but this one is not the hill to fight that battle

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Reply All

Pearls Before Swine

Pros & Cons

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

That last panel is some sub-deviantart stuff.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Edminster posted:

no? women's shirts and jackets have lefthanded buttons

unless you're making the argument that it's presumptuous to believe that a person wearing clothes designed for women is probably a woman in which case yes you got it right, the drunken dutchman who writes inspector danger is a sexist cislord

e: i mean like he absolutely is, we have tons of other comics proving it, but this one is not the hill to fight that battle

Don't hill-shame.

Cul-de-sac

The Creeps

Poptropica

Heathcliff

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jane's World

Non Sequitur

It really looks like the wizard is hovering.

Heavenly Nostrils is still yesterday's but, at least moving forward.

Kliban

:v:

9 Chickweed Lane 12/10/2003

Zits

Kevin & Kell

Wait, why? He's right, Nemi.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Skippy is the type of customer the Long Island Medium is banking on. (October 5, 1927)

Peanuts (December 13, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

Popeye

Rip Haywire

She must mean business. There was no KA-BANG!

Out Our Way (March 22-23, 1926)

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

TofuDiva posted:

I love that second panel. So many dragons.

I didn't even notice all the hidden shapes. I see a Zealoraptor, weasel, seal, and what's probably a dragon over behind that mountain.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

This made me realize that Crankshaft hasn't been posted here since May. And even then it wasn't posted regularly.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Good!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

And yet Rose is Rose continues to be posted daily.

Like, it's not even bad enough to make fun of. It's just there and awful and pointless.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Truly a compelling argument against any justice and fairness in the universe.

That and the lack of Mark Trail. I've been contemplating picking that one up just to make the thread title make sense.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Classic Prince Valiant

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Red Meat

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I hope you can handle Pure, Unedited Dog Comix!

Pooch Café

Sometimes the dogs in this comic don't act enough like dogs, and sometimes they act too much like dogs.

Ballard Street

Pretend I talked about dog training, somebody else started talking about pack mentality and alpha behaviour, and a third person posted a compilation video of the dog whisperer getting bit a bunch of times.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Dan du Jour.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

RandomFerret posted:

I hope you can handle Pure, Unedited Dog Comix!

Pooch Café

Sometimes the dogs in this comic don't act enough like dogs, and sometimes they act too much like dogs.

I can't believe that Gilligan thought this would fly in today's papers. That man is a bigger pervert than Brooke. (:golfclap:)

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Weak beer comix.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Hey, you know what else is a name out of the past? JOHN DARLING!!!

In today's installment of John Darling, John interviews Henry Winkler. At the time this strip was originally published, Winkler was starring on Happy Days. "Fonzie" was Winkler's character on Happy Days, and "Richie" was Ron Howard's character on that same show. However, "Horshack" was a character on Welcome Back, Kotter, a completely different program.

Punchline of today's strip: John is incompetent.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Dick Tracy

I like this. Instead of spot the difference, it's spot the similarity.

Deep Dark Fears

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

Turns out Mandrake's dad is just 34 but did a lot of hard drugs.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
He hasn't moved, except to change his coat and pants.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

"No, Mary, I would not."

Rex Morgan MD

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

angerbot posted:

He hasn't moved, except to change his coat and pants.

You're looking at the wrong guy.

Humanoid Female
Mar 13, 2008

Why is she putting it out all over the place on social media before her editor has even seen it? PUBLISHING DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY. Unless ... unless she's just an unpaid terrible hobbyist and sends her music reviews to some equally terrible self-published magazine or homemade website which is happy to reuse whatever anyone sends in, unedited and regardless of how many other places it's previously appeared, and both parties congratulate themselves that they are journalists as a result.

I may be slightly bitter because I'm an editor and I spend half my life deleting emails from people who think this is what it takes to get into journalism. :(

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Well, yes, Luann, very nice. But you have to admit it might be slightly harder if the facing page didn't have all the info about the art just sitting right there.

I guess despite moving away to college, Tiff still works at the same place as Luann.

Sally Forth

The Amazing Hairstyle

Juliet Jones

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo, in which Ol' Mouse shows us a way to get thrown out of the Olympics without flunking a drug test. (December 11, 1956)

Peanuts: Year Two (December 13-15, 1951)

Super-Fun-Pak Comix

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Wait, why? He's right, Nemi.
Your poor significant other.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Oh man I almost forgot to post today's comics!

Ham Shears has the SADs.

The Dinette Set understand customer relations.

Working Daze gets the gently caress YOU award of the day.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Wanamingo posted:

Forget the guy who hasn't moved, what about all those people who got into the exact positions of the people who were there before? This is some kind of complex, choreographed prank.

Tritanomalicious
Mar 14, 2008

A dog, A barrel... RIDICULOUS!

This strip should just give Dilbert the Barney Google treatment and make Wally the main character.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

If he was interested in doing the right and decent thing, he wouldn't have let this storyline continue.

Pibgorn
The Master of Subtlety is at it again, so today's posts are linked.
http://i.xomf.com/nxrwm.jpg
http://i.xomf.com/qdhnp.jpg

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Personally, I like the guy with the "GRR!" sign.

Edit: Brooke draws gross nipples. Gross Nippledownpoint.

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Dec 11, 2014

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
This is the point in the life of the Bloom County strip at which I feel things get really weird. The same month the last of these following strips ran (that would be February of 1989), Berkeley Breathed negotiated ownership of his characters away from his syndicate by threatening to quit if he didn't get them. The syndicate held out until within weeks of Berkeley's deadline, but they did write him a new contract, entitling him to full ownership of all of his characters.
In August, Berkeley ended the strip and walked away with his characters. He's admitted that he intended to do so from the start, so as you might guess, he didn't have much reason to care about the syndicate's expectations from here to the end.

Calvin And Hobbes

Ripley's

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Is this really college level art history? Even 101?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

My Lovely Horse posted:

Is this really college level art history? Even 101?
I took art history for a free elective and for each bi-weekly quiz we had to know the material, rough year and/or era, artist (if applicable), name (if applicable), location (ranging from city to country depending on how old it was), and significance for several dozen pieces of art. So while it's possible, it's not at all what art history was like at my college.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

If he was interested in doing the right and decent thing, he wouldn't have let this storyline continue.

That is not how a rifle sling works.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Not too far behind the news.

http://gizmodo.com/tgi-fridays-dumb-mistletoe-drone-cut-sombodys-face-open-1668233262

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Reply All

Oh, hi, me.

Pearls Before Swine

Pros & Cons

• Locked thread