Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Rulebook Heavily posted:

The answer is to have TG goons recreate the Scrunt in creative ways. Just have a Scrunt thread.

This sounds like fun. That Scrunt is hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
We already have Slam Sector, though admittedly those are only MS Paint scrunts.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I'm gonna work on a scrunt using modeling clay later if that counts.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Rulebook Heavily posted:

The answer is to have TG goons recreate the Scrunt in creative ways. Just have a Scrunt thread.

Please no. The GBS Warham thread was fun when it was posting ridiculous Warham lore and rules but then it slowly descended into people just posting the word "Scrunt" and "rattle" over and over and over.

Vermintide
Oct 26, 2013

Stumbled across this 'Danny Di vito' standard. The painting is fairly nice but I believe the question is 'why?'.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Beats Nazis, anyway.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Because he's stunty?

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Vermintide posted:

Stumbled across this 'Danny Di vito' standard. The painting is fairly nice but I believe the question is 'why?'.

I want to know if this is a theme sustained across the army...

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Vermintide posted:

Por que todos dicen que Danny, Danny de Vito, es un buen actor!

http://youtu.be/WOpoHUy9o9E

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
A role model for chaotic dwarfs everywhere.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Vermintide posted:

At least he didn't do Joe Pesci! I could only imagine an army of scrunts dwarves with his voice, and it is terrifying!

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
Is a deployment of Danny Di Vito dwarves worse than a gaggle of Gilbert Godfrey ghouls?

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Vermintide posted:

Danny Di Vito rules. Clearly you are a mad man who needs to watch more Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

lets burn posted:

Danny Di Vito rules. Clearly you are a mad man who needs to watch more Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

This. Chaos Dwarves are short, angry, pudgy, evil, and probably always drunk.

Danny DeVito is short, pudgy, and in It's Always Sunny he's sometimes evil (though not always intentionally), often angry, and always drunk.

It makes perfect sense!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
I am on board with an army of Danny DeVito miniatures, as long as the army's champion is modeled as wearing a pro wrestling singlet, and triumphantly raising a trash can aloft. :patriot:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

I'd like to see a Russell Crowe themed Catachan army or something, with everyone converted to be wielding fishing nets and reception-desk telephones :australia:

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

The Commissar(s) can be Javert!

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

FrostyPox posted:

This. Chaos Dwarves are short, angry, pudgy, evil, and probably always drunk.

Danny DeVito is short, pudgy, and in It's Always Sunny Taxi he's sometimes evil (though not always intentionally), often angry, and always drunk.

It makes perfect sense!

Kids these days act like television was invented in 2000.

CovfefeCatCafe fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Dec 11, 2014

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I am on board with an army of Danny DeVito miniatures, as long as the army's champion is modeled as wearing a pro wrestling singlet Man-Spider costume, and triumphantly raising a trash can aloft. :patriot:

Fixed :v:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
My eyes :gonk:

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Feel free to steal my Khador scheme:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I like the Butcher scheme.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Len posted:

I like the Butcher scheme.
Yeah, the funny thing is that the Butcher is genuinely well painted, but then someone looked at the base and said "well I'm out of modeling snow, let's just put on some white paint on. With a broom."

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Pierzak posted:

Yeah, the funny thing is that the Butcher is genuinely well painted, but then someone looked at the base and said "well I'm out of modeling snow, let's just put on some white paint on. With a broom."
It's actually a basecoat in craft paint I do for all my minis I snow based before applying the water effects gel and snow flock. That pic is old too because I cleaned up the pants, skin and axe at some later date I don't remember.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
What's the basecoat for? Primer? Brightness? I can see tiny white borders on other bases, which doesn't help it.
I like the Pink Khador base flock, what's that? Crushed cork with "moss" mixed in?

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Pierzak posted:

What's the basecoat for? Primer? Brightness? I can see tiny white borders on other bases, which doesn't help it.
I like the Pink Khador base flock, what's that? Crushed cork with "moss" mixed in?

Uh, this is going back a long rear end time since those Khador models were probably painted when they were new, so at least a decade ago if not slightly more. You're not seeing white on the edges, you're seeing glare from light bouncing off PVA glue, it's not noticeable in normal lighting. I think it's just normal historicals/rail road basing stuff that I bought at a hobby shop probably.

Cannibal Smiley
Feb 20, 2013
Here's how not to take a picture of a miniature:

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

I, for one, am curious as to whether there's a third scope on the other side of that plasma pistol.

I mean, I'm also curious as to why the hideous mouth, but it's best not to ask too many questions.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Make sure you've lit the candles on your armor before going in to battle, Brother Jedediah!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It's reasonably well-lit, and it's in focus, making it better than 90% of the miniature photographs I've seen. What's wrong with it, besides the passable paint job?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

It's reasonably well-lit
Well duh, that's what the backpack candles are for.

Cannibal Smiley
Feb 20, 2013

Leperflesh posted:

It's reasonably well-lit, and it's in focus, making it better than 90% of the miniature photographs I've seen. What's wrong with it, besides the passable paint job?

The purple background clashes with the model and is far too busy, there's so much direct light on the model that the highlights on the tabard are blown out, the head blends in with the backpack, and you can't see the highlights that I laid down, which, agreed, makes it look passable.

Here - same model, white background, diffused light.

Cannibal Smiley fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Dec 17, 2014

Aristocrat
Dec 24, 2005
I came across this while looking for a terminator chaplain on ebay.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Looks like a Mardi Gras costume that a homeless man found in the trash and wore everyday.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I'd have put it the other way up, but that's pretty loving 80's metal album cover and so a good Necromunda model.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
That ganger is not over-compensating for anything. Nope. Nothing at all. Hence his big...grin.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Rulebook Heavily posted:

The Oath Thread, Season 6: Paint Scrunts, Obtain Scrunt Models. And Scrunts.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
A guy on Dakka, for whatever reason, has enlisted Blue Table Painting after the recent debacle to "show what they're really like!" and white knight the gently caress out of them:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/622435.page

Results are... ehhhhhhhh

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

I would be significantly more worried if that wasn't already a Nurgle marine...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
It's actually a dark angel.