Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Oliver's probably not going to be happy to come back and have the Atom be the big hero of Starling.

That would be pretty funny.

Skip more than a month, The ATOM is in full swing and Laurel is a ninja.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
On the other hand, nerds won't complain about power imbalance now.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
WHAT THE

HOLY gently caress

This show is great. I am so mad I have to wait so long for the show to come back.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Especially when he finds out that it's Ray. Took his company, his girl and even his city.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

NutritiousSnack posted:

He isn't actually dead, so his most important moment didn't flash before his eyes.

Giving us hope!

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!
Well, gently caress...but that is the logical conclusion.

Also, Ras looked a lot bigger during the fight - originally I want sold on him but now I've changed my mind.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
CW supe shows have been knocking it out of the park. Was kinda down on the Arrow last season, but drat if this season has gotten me hooked again.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Should've chosen your weapon a little more carefully Ollie.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So someone who knows the comics help me out. The League has the ability to bring people back to life which is how Merlyn is alive, right?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

So someone who knows the comics help me out. The League has the ability to bring people back to life which is how Merlyn is alive, right?

Where Ra's goes, Lazarus pits tend to follow, yeah

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Merlyn is alive because Ollie didn't stick around to finish the job but yeah the League has what is essentially magic.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
In other news, Stephen Amell remains the best.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Kwyndig posted:

Merlyn is alive because Ollie didn't stick around to finish the job but yeah the League has what is essentially magic.

Oh poo poo, I thought Merlyn got Lazarus'd, maybe I should rewatch the earlier seasons during the hiatus. That's what I thought though, thanks folks!

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Ras put a Magikarp in the Pokeball. The man's a master tactician, after all.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
:stare: Okay, I guess that was a surprise "Series finale".

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

hcreight posted:

You throw the pokeball, let Magikarp flop around a bit, and then release the Blue Shell once Ra's has gotten far enough ahead of you.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

hcreight posted:

AMELL TWEETED THAT PICTURE, in case the thread wasn't aware.

also :tviv: lazarus pits are totes happening ON MY TELEVISION!

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Ollie will become Jesus Christ and be resurrected and become the savior of this city.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

They could go the Lazarus Pit route, but my guess is Ollie's not dead, nor will he die. His buddy from Hong Kong is going to pull him off the mountain top and nurse him back to health.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

howe_sam posted:

They could go the Lazarus Pit route, but my guess is Ollie's not dead, nor will he die. His buddy from Hong Kong is going to pull him off the mountain top and nurse him back to health.

He got stabbed in the heart and then pushed off the mountain. And Ras established that he's pretty damned old but doesn't look it.

They're totally doing Lazarus Pits.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

hcreight posted:

He got stabbed in the heart and then pushed off the mountain. And Ras established that he's pretty damned old but doesn't look it.

Nah, Ras just missed the kill shot because he's a scrub, and Ollie landed on a soft rocky outcrop.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

WHAT THE gently caress DID I JUST WATCH :psyboom: :psyboom: :psyboom:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Stephen Amell did say that he had some time off...

They actually had the balls to kill him off for a few episodes, hot drat. The next few months are going to be loving interesting.

drat, what a good show.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Scyantific posted:

WHAT THE gently caress DID I JUST WATCH :psyboom: :psyboom: :psyboom:

This is the second time in 24 hours I've screamed at my TV. Thanks CW!

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

I'm disappointed that they went mind control.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I'm guessing Ras and his crew are going back to their HQ after the fight, so I don't think Maseo or Nyssa can pretend that they left their phone up on the mountain and go back to perform emergency surgery and nurse Oliver back to health over a few months. The only person who would be there to save Oliver would be Meryln. Merlyn was trained by Ras, and can more than hold his own against Oliver so he knew there was no chance Oliver could win, and therefore there be no chance to get the LoA off his back.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jason Todd Confirmed. What a time to be alive!

seriously though, Tumblr must be in meltdown, i fear to look.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Ither posted:

I'm disappointed that they went mind control.

It's kinda silly, but it's the least worst option for having Thea be the killer. At least with mind control there's a sensible motivation to it.

Personally, I'd rather they didn't have Thea kill her because it's dumb as hell, but...well, it makes sense.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
Totally thought Ras was gonna take him prisoner to make him spill the beans on who killed Sara.

Welp.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
This show is really loving good. Like... Really good. That ending :aaa:

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

hcreight posted:

Your heart is on the side of the chest he was not stabbed in. So just a lung got punctured.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Man I still cannot process what just happened. I mean what exactly is the big play in all of this? I mean obviously the League is going to be hunting him once they find out he pulled a Merlyn. So is he gonna end up teaming up with Merlyn to go against Ra's for Thea's sake?

Also, calling it now, Katana is the one who saves Oliver. Obviously she's got an investment in all of this considering she probably wants Maseo back, either to reunite with him or murder him.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
That was hardly ever fatal when also pushed off a cliff in the snow.

Run it under a cold tap.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
Holy poo poo! What a mid season finale! Dammit! The next episode is over a month away!

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Merlinicus posted:

Your heart is on the side of the chest he was not stabbed in. So just a lung got punctured.

You find many emergency surgeons hanging out on obscure mountains? I'm sure Ollie can just walk off that punctured lung and multiple broken bones. NBD

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

hcreight posted:

You're probably right, i guess i must hate fun or something because I'm just not fired up about Lazarus Pits?

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

howe_sam posted:

You're probably right, i guess i must hate fun or something because I'm just not fired up about Lazarus Pits?

I just don't want this to become the new "Jesse didn't shoot Gale" for the next month and a half.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

You find many emergency surgeons hanging out on obscure mountains? I'm sure Ollie can just walk off that punctured lung and multiple broken bones. NBD

Flashback to Hong Kong, where he had that lung moved in a special surgery for reasons.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Unfortunately the Accomplished Perfect Physician is dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

My favorite part was when Ra's totally clowned Oliver and made him look like a complete fool. Don't gently caress with Ra's.

• Locked thread