Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
a new version of DOTT? or the exact same game just in a prepackaged scumm engine executable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

a new version of DOTT? or the exact same game just in a prepackaged scumm engine executable?

I think they're HDing it up.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
tim schaefer ran through all his money and good will and now he needs to release dott to get some of it back imo

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i dont think you should drink that. it looks bad for you.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

VideoGames posted:

i dont think you should drink that. it looks bad for you.

nonsense! it makes me feel great! smarter! more athletic.

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

Eonwe posted:

tim schaefer ran through all his money and good will and now he needs to release dott to get some of it back imo

Lucasarts games are owned by Disney, these remakes aren't going to earn doublefine much more than a paycheck for the few months they work on it

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Zombie Samurai posted:

Is it weird if I love Super Meat Boy and hate Dustforce? Everything felt so tight and responsive in SMB, like I could go anywhere and do anything. Dustforce feels clunky and constrained, like I'm on a track and I just have to push the right buttons at the right time.

Dustforce's controls allow you a lot of leeway, but they're difficult to get used to in comparison to the slippery, floaty SMB physics. Really good Dustforce players can move super fluidly through levels, it just takes a lot of practice.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Stux posted:

I was v annoyed when Tim shafer announced a dott rerelease instead of a psychonauts sequel/remake/rerelease

They own the rights to Psychonauts now and already kind of gave it a "re-release" when they changed the layouts of some levels, made it work on modern systems, and ported it to Mac and Linux.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

i never played dott but maniac mansion is great so i'm all for a rerelease

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

tbh the only Lucasarts adventures I could get into we're the Monkey Island games, how does dott compare?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Pablo Gigante posted:

tbh the only Lucasarts adventures I could get into we're the Monkey Island games, how does dott compare?

DoTT is definitely on-par with Monkey Island and has some really clever puzzles involving altering history (a character thrown back in time can impact the future in various ways). And the game comes with Maniac Mansion 1 as an easter egg, which itself is an impressive adventure game with a ton of replayability.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I've been getting back into tf2 recently but I haven't been able to join the rutas server. Just been capping intel on 2fort forever.

I think enjoying 2fort as much as I do means there's something wrong with me.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

2fort is perfect level design

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

TheHoosier posted:

for me to poop on

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

TheHoosier posted:

facing worlds

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Doom Goon posted:

Odd, I thought some older Thief 3 SDK worked partially (T3Ed?). I know there's an unofficial French text patch or something out there. I always wondered how they did it, actually, wish I knew.
A lot of the text in DX2 (at least for the holocubes or whatever) are just txt files, so that's that sorted.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FVJ__rBFxk

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Is playing Path of Exile more or less shameful than playing MMOs? The world wonders.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

TheHoosier posted:

wacky_races

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Phobophilia posted:

Is playing Path of Exile more or less shameful than playing MMOs? The world wonders.

It's bad but it doesn't cost money. So which is more shameful, being so loving poor you can only play F2P garbage or spending actual money on an MMO?

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Phobophilia posted:

it's an MMO so that's a point against it. it's F2P so that's another point against it. it's not korean/anime so i guess it dodges that bullet.

you're not gonna come out on top playing an MMO, any way you cut it

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

TheHoosier posted:

mario_kart

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
subscribe to my youtube channel

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Been playing the early demo of Sled Dog Saga that I helped kickstart a year or so ago. Pretty fun so far.

renderful
Mar 24, 2003

You'll love me, I promise.
Found ioquake and got Quake 3 Arena running on my laptop today. Then I found some public servers with tons of people and got owned. Fun stuff, really miss that game and Arena FPS in general.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

univbee posted:

DoTT is definitely on-par with Monkey Island and has some really clever puzzles involving altering history (a character thrown back in time can impact the future in various ways). And the game comes with Maniac Mansion 1 as an easter egg, which itself is an impressive adventure game with a ton of replayability.
Cool maybe I'll check it out. The interface looks pretty similar to Monkey Island, I think I couldn't get into Sam and Max because it played a little differently and confused my tiny brain.

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

On mac, boot up a unity game that boasts controller support. Turns out it only supports the PS3 Dualshock for macs AND doesn't allow you to change the controls, which might solve the problem. I boot up my gamepad mapping program, which has worked for every finicky game so far, only to find that the game overrides the keyboard mapping with the useless controller input.

I just want to play this drat game with a controller, is that so hard to ask?

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Gyre posted:

On mac, boot up a unity game that boasts controller support. Turns out it only supports the PS3 Dualshock for macs AND doesn't allow you to change the controls, which might solve the problem. I boot up my gamepad mapping program, which has worked for every finicky game so far, only to find that the game overrides the keyboard mapping with the useless controller input.

I just want to play this drat game with a controller, is that so hard to ask?

Start game, disconnect controller, reconnect controller.

This worked for me when I had a similar problem with The Walking Dead Season 2.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Guys the rules thread is gone but I have us covered

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3687280

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Posted this in the rpg thread, but I am uber excited to play Lisa.
Here's a trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-kT5SDifCU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

So changing the subject I'm thinking about getting a Wii U for Christmas. Great choice or greatest choice

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Pablo Gigante posted:

So changing the subject I'm thinking about getting a Wii U for Christmas. Great choice or greatest choice

do you pc game for the other poo poo because thats pretty much the question with regards tO THIRD PARTY

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Pablo Gigante posted:

It's a good idea. The Wii U is fun.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Pablo Gigante posted:

It's alright.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Kewpuh posted:

do you pc game for the other poo poo because thats pretty much the question with regards tO THIRD PARTY
Not really but there aren't really any PS4 games I wanna play until Bloodborne but there's a lot of Wii U games I wanna play now

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
well then here is how i always treated buying consoles

does console have games i want to play???? if so then i will buy it with money

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Super Mario 3D World, Smash, Bayonetta 2, Captain Toad, Mario Kart 8, Wind Waker HD, these are all games I wanna play and I wanna play em NOW

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Pablo Gigante posted:

Super Mario 3D World, Smash, Bayonetta 2, Captain Toad, Mario Kart 8, Wind Waker HD, these are all games I wanna play and I wanna play em NOW

Those are all pretty solid choices especially if you have people to play local multiplayer with.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Pablo Gigante posted:

Not to mention Zelda U, Yoshi, Mario vs DK, and Starfox coming later. Gonna be a solid 2015 that's for true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I don't know about Star Fox, the only really good one was 64 and that was almost 20 years ago.

• Locked thread