Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well Jason Todd came back a psychopath, so there's that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Is CW going to get any more Superhero shows, we need 1 more , like on Monday night.

Also, that fight scene was like 2 minutes. It took him two minutes.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Hollismason posted:

No but it does actually make you insane. They're totally going that route as well i think, cause seriously Ras said " 67 years", that's crazy.

The only one who can stop Ollie now is Slade on a fresh batch of mirakuru. :getin:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Actually I could see Shibwhatever dumping Oliver's body into a Lazarus Pit. Unless you know Ras straight up just dropped him in from a cliff.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Sober posted:

Would be hilarious if the show was called ATOM for a while coming out of the holiday, and Oliver was relegated only to the last 5 minutes of each episode while Ray Palmer basically hires Team Arrow (Roy included).

I was disappointed they didn't have an ATOM or AESENAL title panel to put up at the end of the episode.

Flash's trailer for the next season: *scenes of Barry running fast and the Rogues*
Arrow's trailer for next season: "Oliver Queen is dead. See you January 22."

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Hollismason posted:

You think it'll be a full 4 episodes without Oliver? I could see 2 maybe but not 4, that just, that just doesn't make sense, unless it's like Flashbacks while Oliver is not there or something I dunno.

I didn't think about this until just now, but what if the next few episodes have Sara flashbacks? Episode 13 is entitled "Canaries," after all...

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Have they released a promo for the next half I didn't think they did.

King of Solomon posted:

I didn't think about this until just now, but what if the next few episodes have Sara flashbacks? Episode 13 is entitled "Canaries," after all...

That would make sense, to have him there in the flashbacks maybe with Sara but has Caity Lotz said she'll be back on the show?

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!
This fuckin' show, man. We're definitely gonna get Lazarus Pits, what a time to be alive. Isn't the lazarus pit thing that when you come back you are violently insane for a short period before it wears off? That could be interesting.

Waiting until January for both Flash and Arrow is going to suck.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Hollismason posted:

No but it does actually make you insane. They're totally going that route as well i think, cause seriously Ras said " 67 years", that's crazy.

"Normal" pits only make you temporarily insane (generally).

It's the ones Nyssa learned how to create that drove people straight up bonkers.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
This half season finale was great. I can't wait for the rest of the season. Will be really interesting to see how many/if any episodes are without Oliver or if there is a few month time skip.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Bad Moon posted:

Uh you did just watch Merlyn mind control his last remaining child into murdering somebody just to manipulate Oliver into fighting his battles for him. Barrowman :argh:

I was referring to how they explained away Thea's apparent turn.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The only one who can stop Ollie now is Slade on a fresh batch of mirakuru. :getin:

This would be an amazing mini-arc. If there's any Mirakuru left anywhere.

What an incredible episode. The mind control plant isn't a great plot device, but it let Barrowman being incredibly evil and hammy, so I'm giving it a pass. Ray was great and I love that Felicity really does have a type: well-built billionaire playboy superheroes.

I was really worried that they were going to cut out the duel and leave us hanging until January, but NOPE. Ra's just toyed with Oliver for a couple of minutes and then stabbed him. What an ending.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
He really did just take him to school which was great. There's a few parts where Oliver does some things then Oh you know RAs GRABS THE SWORD WITH HIS HAND.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
I love how much he loves this show.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
He really does post some really cool stuff to the Facebook page.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
His Mom's txt message was pretty funny.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Rocksicles posted:

His Mom's txt message was pretty funny.

Where is it? I don't see it.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I really liked that the weapons he chose were two short swords. Nice reminder of who first trained him

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Good catch I didn't even notice that.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Soylentbits posted:

Where is it? I don't see it.

His facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell/photos/a.510703882348217.1073741826.146921975393078/767322890019647/?type=1&theater

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

boom boom boom posted:

I really liked that the weapons he chose were two short swords. Nice reminder of who first trained him

Good eye!

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Slamhound posted:

I love how much he loves this show.
He's no Tom Welling, that's for sure.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

boom boom boom posted:

I noticed it too! When he was next to the sword rack and he stopped by the short blades I wondered which he would

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sober posted:

He's no Tom Welling, that's for sure.

I like how he obviously didn't tell his mom anything.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Daaamn I'm glad they actually went through with it and killed him, even if it is temporary. Do Lazarus pit people come back with abilities?

Just once. Mr. Freeze's wife came back pyrokinetic. So, yes, comics.

boom boom boom posted:

We have seen Ollie with escrima sticks, or double knives before, too.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
The terribleness of the Thea fight only heightened how good the Ras fight was. I think Ollie knew he couldn't beat Ras outright, so his plan was to gamble on some last moment surprise. Too bad Ras owns. Barrowman is such an amazing dick.

Hopes for after the break:

-more scenes outside and not at night
-a resurrection that isn't too plot-devicey
-Willa Holland gets a new haircut

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Define plot device, his rear end is getting dropped in a Lazarus Pit. You can mark that down as a sure goddamn thing.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Rocksicles posted:

That was Amell's i never got to be in Spartacus scene.

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking this.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
The ending (the whole fight) was pretty good and I'm sure we'll be seeing Lazarus pits soon. Loved maximum Barrowmanning too.

Ollie letting so much go unsaid with Thea was super annoying. I also wanted more of a goodbye between him and Diggle and less of a shipper scene between him and Felicity.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I hope they wait a bit on the Lazarus Pits so we can have the B-team policing Sterling for a few episodes. :allears:

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

JohnSherman posted:

This isn't what noted serial killer/League member Sara Lance would want!
Hey, to be fair, this is the one time where they used this appropriately. Sara(h), who rescued children from burning buildings and beat up petty criminals wouldn't want random civilians killed.

She would want Barrowman loving buried though.

Carlosologist posted:

"Why does this always happen to me?"
Felicity status: still great.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Rocksicles posted:

Define plot device, his rear end is getting dropped in a Lazarus Pit. You can mark that down as a sure goddamn thing.

I figure that that was the reason for introducing his flashback friend as a League member, that he'll be the one to do it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I think we need a gif of this moment (without the text of course), Ollie's expression is priceless:

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
One of the places on Felicity's plane route chart was Elbonia, is this a place in the DC universe too ?

SavTargaryen
Sep 11, 2011

CeeJee posted:

One of the places on Felicity's plane route chart was Elbonia, is this a place in the DC universe too ?

A cursory googling says that it's probably a Dilbert joke. Or maybe real. The internet is a strange place.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

dreffen posted:

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking this.

I just watched the episode and my immediate thought was "Holy poo poo he just Spartacused him!"

Also,

:stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Bruceski posted:

I think we need a gif of this moment (without the text of course), Ollie's expression is priceless:

:stare:

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

CeeJee posted:

Does anyone have a screencap?

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
So am I the only one shocked at the sheer brutality of that scene for network tv?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Himuro posted:

So am I the only one shocked at the sheer brutality of that scene for network tv?

TV censorship logic: they didn't show much blood and there wasn't any dismemberment, so it's totally cool for kids to watch! :downs:

Honestly them both being shirtless is probably going to generate more complaints than the fact that a dude stone-cold executed another dude before punting him off a cliff.

• Locked thread