Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Which persona can make a Me Patra skill card? It'd be nice to have it on somebody permanently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

StandardVC10 posted:

Which persona can make a Me Patra skill card? It'd be nice to have it on somebody permanently.

Vengarr posted:

Found these trawling the interweb, posting so I can find them again for posterity:

A list of skill cards and the Personas they come from
A list of Persona skills.

Looks like Moh Shuvuu.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

So I just killed the 4th boss, and all I have to say is ellipses....

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I figured it out. I guess I had forgotten to mark down a secret passage on my map before leaving the dungeon. I am not really used to map making yet.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

How do I turn on the lights to read these two textbooks? I'm probably missing a super-obvious switch somewhere, but I've torn this floor up trying to figure this out, and it's left me completely stumped.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Out of curiosity, has anyone found anything worthwhile about the Shura skills? They seem kinda like total poo poo.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dexie posted:

How do I turn on the lights to read these two textbooks? I'm probably missing a super-obvious switch somewhere, but I've torn this floor up trying to figure this out, and it's left me completely stumped.

You don't. You have to guess what the markings the books have based on the pattern of the two rooms above.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Dexie posted:

You don't. You already have all the clues you need to solve the puzzle, but here's another:

The letters are red herrings. It's not an algebra problem, it's a graphing one.

ImpAtom posted:

Out of curiosity, has anyone found anything worthwhile about the Shura skills? They seem kinda like total poo poo.

Nope, the one time I ended up with a Persona that had auto-Shura, I Goho-M'd after the first fight and got rid of it. No boost to attack is worth losing half your max health every round.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

it's kinda nice when i'm farming the gold foes for exp, but that's because i can kill them in three turns or less already with raging link goddess chie so it doesn't really make any difference. it would probably gently caress you over big time in any prolonged fight.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

ImpAtom posted:

It's an important part of getting the biggest numbers possible, but generally shura tensei isn't worth it.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Welp, it doesn't matter. Naoto just came out and told me the answer. What a dumb puzzle.

Thanks for the help, though.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I found Shura Instinct useful for wiping out trash with Kanji before I was using Naoto, but if I miss, I was basically dead. It's really weird how the skill for cancelling Shura Tensei comes way later than anything else.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Not going to complain that Margaret just turned two lvl 9 Persona's into a lvl 80 Sandalphon by accident.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Dastardly posted:

Not going to complain that Margaret just turned two lvl 9 Persona's into a lvl 80 Sandalphon by accident.
Man I'm almost halfway through the fourth labyrinth and I still haven't hit a fusion accident :argh:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dastardly posted:

Jesus, I never saw a single fusion accident but that's just ridiculous.

Although not as ridiculous as it would be in another game since all it means is some extra HP/SP and skills you probably can't use.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

ImpAtom posted:

Jesus, I never saw a single fusion accident but that's just ridiculous.

Although not as ridiculous as it would be in another game since all it means is some extra HP/SP and skills you probably can't use.

I think it's based off your level. Literally the first fusion I did on NG+ gave me Zaou-Gongen from low level trash too.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

I did not see a single fusion accident in my entire first run through the game, almost 70 hours. Then I started NG+ on Risky (only keeping map data, so I started from level 1) and I've seen 3 in 25 hours. None were nearly that spectacular, though, just about a 10 level boost and completely ruining my plan for the fusion.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

To be fair a level 80 persona would at least double your HP and maybe SP if you're around level 9. You still wouldn't be able to use the skills it has and it would be pretty bad by the time you could though, what with it being trapped into poo poo skills from the trash you fused it with. Fusing personas in general seems less of a concern in Q than it was in the main games. They seem to last a lot longer.

I did have one fusion accident while playing but it was like ten levels above me rather than 70.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
gently caress the burning beetle. That is all.

Fakeedit: They become a lot easier when you aren't trying to fill out the resistances :psyduck:

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

TastyLemonDrops posted:

gently caress the burning beetle. That is all.

Fakeedit: They become a lot easier when you aren't trying to fill out the resistances :psyduck:

My first couple of forays into ch.3 of wonderland, all I ran into were Burning Beetles and my party kept wiping out after a couple of turns. Then I gave everyone but Kanji an ice move and had Kanji use Panic Circle and Tarukaja. Had Frost Link from Valkarie on the protag. It costs a lot, but boy, that extra damage is worth it. Burning Beetles went down within two rounds after that.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Nessa posted:

My first couple of forays into ch.3 of wonderland, all I ran into were Burning Beetles and my party kept wiping out after a couple of turns. Then I gave everyone but Kanji an ice move and had Kanji use Panic Circle and Tarukaja. Had Frost Link from Valkarie on the protag. It costs a lot, but boy, that extra damage is worth it. Burning Beetles went down within two rounds after that.

Problem is, I know they're resistant against light and dark, but I just have to fill it out :psyduck:

Right before I managed to fill it all out, I told myself that I would immediately go back to save so I wouldn't have to deal with that bullshit again. I decided to walk back instead of using a Goho-M and got wiped by the next encounter, which was a burning beetle.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
FOEs with mamudo/mahamaon/diarahan are pretty much the worst things ever. Time to grind some skill cards to bind poo poo, I guess. :smith:

While I'm here, I got Alice a few days ago and it just completely wrecks random encounters with Die for Me!

I loving love it.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

The Grimace posted:

FOEs with mamudo/mahamaon/diarahan are pretty much the worst things ever. Time to grind some skill cards to bind poo poo, I guess. :smith:

While I'm here, I got Alice a few days ago and it just completely wrecks random encounters with Die for Me!

I loving love it.

SPEAKING OF WHICH, the game never says this, so I'm going to: The Festival Dudes in the 4th Labyrinth (the shrine-carrying guys) have a gimmick that Elizabeth tells you about...AFTER you clear the dungeon.

Don't try to kill them before that. You can, but it's frustrating as gently caress, and they're piss-easy once you know the gimmick.

If you want to spoil yourself:

Men Only, 4-vs-4, Final Destination. Having women in the party or more than 4 causes them to get 2 attacks per turn, a powerful melee attack that hits 6 times randomly for 250-ish damage, Diaharan, all the Ma--Dyne spells, Ma-Hamaon, and Ma-Mamudoon. "No Girls Allowed" includes Navigators, so don't use Navigator Skills like Healing Breeze or even the passive healing skill. You'll know you did it right when you get the message "Festival Dudes are getting fired up!" at the start of the battle.

If you honor their desire to have a big gay bash, they get one attack per turn and only use the one Phys attack which you can strength bind or Tentarafoo to block. Alternatively it has low accuracy so you can use Sukunda and/or Masukukaja to make it only rarely.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

They're not actually hard enough to warrant that, they don't have much health for FOEs. They also hint at it before then. I've killed several in a couple turns, though honestly it really depends on how much the game hates you (ie, they keep dodging agi bind/panic).

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Panic Circle is honestly an insanely broken skill for how early you can get it. (Level 6 or so, which is also where you can get the Skill Card once that is unlocked.)

Panic in general trivializes so many fights.

Manatee Cannon posted:

They're not actually hard enough to warrant that, they don't have much health for FOEs. They also hint at it before then. I've killed several in a couple turns, though honestly it really depends on how much the game hates you (ie, they keep dodging agi bind/panic).

Yeah, I just straight-up murdered those guys. I had no idea they had a gimmick because they never went more than a round or two before they were debuffed into uselessness.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Manatee Cannon posted:

They have 8800 HP, that's quite a bit if you're fighting them at level. They also hit like brick shithouses, and they're resistant to binds/bad status.

I had Yukari spamming Salome's Kiss (with binding hands) and Naoto spamming Silence Circle (also with binding hands) and it was all I could do to keep them permanently magic bound. I never landed a single Tentarafoo/Poison Breath even with Impure Reach.

gently caress those guys.

Elizabeth literally says "Looks like you're the real Festival Dude now" after you win, so it's all good.

The ending of the fourth dungeon though, agggghhh. I saw the twist coming since they foreshadowed it pretty hard, but I wasn't ready for the casual "...and then she tried to gouge out her own eyes" line :eyepop: :gonk:

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Vengarr posted:

The ending of the fourth dungeon though, agggghhh. I saw the twist coming since they foreshadowed it pretty hard, but I wasn't ready for the casual "...and then she tried to gouge out her own eyes" line :eyepop: :gonk:

i feel no shame in admitting that those scenes made me start tearing up.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Festival dudes are the best FOE.
And yeah, this game have some dark undertones.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Is it just my imagination, or is the encounter rate higher in the fourth labyrinth?

Also, this whole torch mechanic is poo poo.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Dunno that it's higher but I've definitely run into way more golden hands in the fourth labyrinth than the rest combined.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So its safe to assume this game is successful enough for a Q2 with possibly more casts mingling together? There's not many Persona games to use for a full Dungeon crawling SMT-lite Super Robot Wars, but I've only barely scratched the surface of this game and I want even more.

I can wait well after p5 for them to write up whatever sequel they wish, but I want more characters hanging out and beating up shadows.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

I only just started this game last night, but holy poo poo are you spoiled for choice in the opening dungeon if you pick the P3 crew. I take it Marie isn't a dungeon-crawling party member?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

HiveCommander posted:

I only just started this game last night, but holy poo poo are you spoiled for choice in the opening dungeon if you pick the P3 crew. I take it Marie isn't a dungeon-crawling party member?

I'm not super far in, but having picked the P4 crew to start Marie is no where to be seen thus far.

Just as it should be.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

HiveCommander posted:

Apparently in Japan she's available as a navigator through DLC, along with a few other characters -- I don't know if an English-language release of that DLC is planned or not.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Marie's coming out for sale on the 16th.
But screw that, so is Nanako.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

HGH posted:

Marie's coming out for sale on the 16th.
But screw that, so is Nanako.

Wait

As what

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I should have specified as Navigators, sorry. You won't to get to have Nanako cast Hamaon and wipe out encounters unfortunately.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

HGH posted:

I should have specified as Navigators, sorry. You won't to get to have Nanako cast Hamaon and wipe out encounters unfortunately.

Secretly I was hoping Nanako would be a Persona actually

I saw that there are the Velvet Room crew as navigators too, do they actually change your Navi abilities? Since Rise and Fuuka have different ones, not sure if they just change the voice or what.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

All of Marie's navigator dialogue will be in verse so you can keep up to date with the screams of her pathos. Her navigator skill will be called Heartful Cry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worklurker
Jan 2, 2014

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Secretly I was hoping Nanako would be a Persona actually

I saw that there are the Velvet Room crew as navigators too, do they actually change your Navi abilities? Since Rise and Fuuka have different ones, not sure if they just change the voice or what.

Voice only, unfortunately.

• Locked thread