Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

RiskyChris posted:

The lamest kind of "mod" was cheesing challenges with the loving enemies attack each other seed. Bullshit.

I don't even know why this bothers anyone. grrr bawww these people cheated at a single-player game?

like I really don't get it

Dr. Fetus posted:

About that, seed exploits still exist. They missed getting rid of one. Type in the seed on the character select screen, back out to the file select screen, go back to the character select screen and choose whoever. Your run will still be seeded, but the no unlockables and achievements restrictions no longer apply. Doesn't work for challenges anymore.

oh wow

and you bet your sweet bippy I'm exploiting THAT for all it's worth and there's nothing you can do to stop me weeeeee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT
So I activated the Book of Belial when the Dark One started his rush attack. He got stuck in midair and my tears eventually pushed him inside the wall. Couldn't hurt him with anything.

By the way, does someone have a Godhead seed perchance? I unlocked it a few weeks ago and haven't caught a glimpse of it yet, despite rerolling like crazy and playing with Judas. I'd really like to see how it works.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
I used a Heirophant card and I only got one soul heart :saddowns:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Wugga posted:

By the way, does someone have a Godhead seed perchance? I unlocked it a few weeks ago and haven't caught a glimpse of it yet, despite rerolling like crazy and playing with Judas. I'd really like to see how it works.

quote:

PC: G2KQ-M1J1 (In the first Angel Room (Catacombs I), do not use Undefined to skip the first floor)
PC: QX00 867Z (Angel Room at Caves I after rerolling Key Piece)

The Gamepedia wiki has these if you want to try them to see if they work. Play as Isaac.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT

CJacobs posted:

The Gamepedia wiki has these if you want to try them to see if they work. Play as Isaac.

quote:

PC: G2KQ-M1J1 (In the first Angel Room (Catacombs I), do not use Undefined to skip the first floor)
PC: QX00 867Z (Angel Room at Caves I after rerolling Key Piece)

Tried the first one some time back, didn't work for me. The entry didn't say anything about not using the Undefined when I used it though, so that could've gone wrong.

Guess I'll try it again and report back.

Edit: Tried the second one, it definitely works. Just have a D6 charge and a bomb at the ready when you reach the end of Catacombs I.

Wugga fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Dec 11, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

tinaun posted:

You don't need a mod to disable the womb filter, if you create a 'config.ini' inside the resources folder that looks like this

code:
[Options] 
EnableColorCorrection=1 
EnableCaustics=1
EnableShockwave=1 
EnableLighting=1
EnableFilter=0
EnablePixelation=1
it is disabled w/o counting as a mod

From the previous page, but doing this did not work for me. In fact it didn't change anything at all, it seems like. I've got it in steamapps/common/The Binding of Isaac Rebirth/resources which is the only place I could think of to put it.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
Only cheese I've done is to finish The Lost on hard mode (Alt+F4 exploit on PC, Dead Cat on Vita), because gently caress that. I figured that if the "greats" of the game, like Cobalt, bisnaf, and NorthernLion have cheesed it, why the gently caress shouldn't I?

Everything else, I'm doing normally. Those changes? Dark Bum was fairly broken to begin with so no big loss there, Krampus' head should've been a higher charge rate to begin with (with 9v and AAA battery, still makes it only 4 rooms to charge). Hell, the only change I'm tentative about is maybe the Lil Brimstone cost change.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
The Lil Brimstone change is my favorite part of this patch, because it makes the rule of "always take 2 heart devil deals with curse of the blind" even more true.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I used COCKFGHT to cheese the Beans challenge and I have no regrets. That challenge was Not Fun.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Cicadalek posted:

I used COCKFGHT to cheese the Beans challenge and I have no regrets. That challenge was Not Fun.

This, but Cat Got Your Tongue.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I wonder what happens if you mod your game to start with full Guppy or something equally powerful, start a run, save and exit, delete the players.xml file, and boot up Isaac again. Is the run flagged as modded, or will achievements be turned on again?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Chocolate milk + monstros lung + damage ups + book of belial with judas made getting dead boy very easy. Though lamb did take like 3 charges to kill still.

Worklurker
Jan 2, 2014
Looks like another update is coming. I wonder if they are reverting some changes, or fixing the very nice seed exploit which allowed me to consistently unlock boss rush items.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Worklurker posted:

Looks like another update is coming. I wonder if they are reverting some changes, or fixing the very nice seed exploit which allowed me to consistently unlock boss rush items.

2014-12-10 Patch 1.032
* Fix teleport AI for Lump, Parabite, Loki, Blue Baby, and others
* Prevent Steam achievements for modded games
* Fix seeded run exploit
* Fix some impossible rooms in Cellar, Womb/Utero, and Chest
* Fix Secret room placement on some floors
* Fix Boss room placement on XL floors

If you had any modded stuff just removing the .xml will make your game not have the [MOD] tag while playing.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

quote:

Finally, a good change that isn't just a bug fix. Took them long enough.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Jusupov posted:

2014-12-10 Patch 1.032
* Prevent Steam achievements for modded games
* Fix seeded run exploit
* Fix some impossible rooms in Cellar, Womb/Utero, and Chest
* Fix Secret room placement on some floors
* Fix Boss room placement on XL floors

If you had any modded stuff just removing the .xml will make your game not have the [MOD] tag while playing.

Using the music replacement mod better not count as having a modded game. Incidentally, thanks to the guy who posted a seed for Bandage Girl because I cheesed the unlock that way, does one exist for Meat Boy? My game's still open and I'd really like to knock that one out before I patch up because god drat the odds of actually getting those in normal gameplay are crazy low.

but hey you know, good on them for actually fixing the actual problems with this game rather than nerfing items for no reason.

SuccinctAndPunchy fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Dec 11, 2014

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

CJacobs posted:

Finally, a good change that isn't just a bug fix. Took them long enough.

Uh, seems like a bug fix to me

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

pussy riot police posted:

Uh, seems like a bug fix to me

How do you know it was a bug?

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

CJacobs posted:

How do you know it was a bug?

because the word used is "Fix" not "changed". Fixed implies it wasn't working properly in the first place.

also who cares it's a good thing whether it's a bugfix or not

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
The fact that this wasn't how it was (most of the time) in original Isaac is also a pretty big clue.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Using the music replacement mod better not count as having a modded game. Incidentally, thanks to the guy who posted a seed for Bandage Girl because I cheesed the unlock that way, does one exist for Meat Boy? My game's still open and I'd really like to knock that one out before I patch up because god drat the odds of actually getting those in normal gameplay are crazy low.

but hey you know, good on them for actually fixing the actual problems with this game rather than nerfing items for no reason.

Try BASE MENT. Yeah, I know, but since the game goes on forever eventually you'll get 4 Meat Cubes or the items to generate Meat Boy from a manual.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
So the 1.3 change to have hard mode only limit health drops?

Not working.

MatildaTheHun fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Dec 11, 2014

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
e: Never mind.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010

TheModernAmerican posted:

So the 1.3 change to only have hard mode limit health drops?

Not working.

I'm guessing you had Gimpy and/or Little CHAD.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

TheModernAmerican posted:

So the 1.3 change to have hard mode only limit health drops?

Not working.

Bosses aren't supposed to drop hearts at all, but there's a red heart in your boss room?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Oh wow, I'm glad I finished off the last few annoying challenges with the seed exploit the other day.

Krampus Head nerf is lame. Understandable because it is a very powerful item and even I thought 3 charges was small when I first got it, but man does it seem lame to change it now. Heaven forbid there be a few really good items to counterbalance some of the utter garbage ones.

Basically any time based charge item that isn't the candle needs to charge as fast as the candle.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

Cryohazard posted:

I'm guessing you had Gimpy and/or Little CHAD.

I had Little Chad, I thought it only dropped a half a heart every 4 rooms, but I guess it changed in Rebirth because a lot of those rooms were full hearts and a few double hearts.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Who or what is "bob" in binding of issac 'lore' anyway?

CaptainWinky
Jun 13, 2001

Dr. Fetus posted:

FT61 9M4F

Holy Mantle in the first Treasure Room, Dead Cat if you can kill Super Pride. Cursed Eye is in the 2nd Treasure room. Enjoy.

7HQH HVWV

Alternate seed. Holy Mantle in the Treasure Room, Stop Watch in the 2nd or 3rd shop.

The Alt + F4 exploit didn't get patched out either for some reason.

Thank you! I got everything except the boss rush on hard mode now. I did some restarts looking for damage items to help me beat the clock and got an interesting seed of my own: RPHQ X7Z9
Daddy Longlegs in first item room, Brimstone in devil room on second floor (you can get it immediately by going into the challenge room near the start and opening the red chest), Money = Power in third item room.

Unfortunately no Holy Mantle or Dead Cat that I could find, and you have to fight the Adversary on Depths 1, but those items were good enough for me to make it to the boss rush with plenty of time to spare. I somehow got hit while flying over rocks in the boss rush arena and ragequit, but I know it can be done. I just have to make sure I don't get the 1.032 patch before then.

CaptainWinky fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Dec 11, 2014

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Who or what is "bob" in binding of issac 'lore' anyway?

Isaac's dad, who died of brain cancer.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
The wiki says that Bob is Sloth's first name. Anyone have a link to the interview they're referencing?

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
Holy gently caress guys, how is the worst change not mentioned anywhere in either the patch notes or here? You can no longer bomb into shops, curse rooms, double locked rooms, etc. from adjacent secret rooms, either with bombs or some kind of exploding shot (ipecac, fetus, etc.). I've tried several times and can confirm.

I really loving hope this is a mistake and unintentional, cause it is the woooooorst.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Yeah, I hate that as well. I think it was actually well balanced before, because you needed to give up a bomb, which in most cases are not THAT plentiful and you may wanna use them for other stuff too.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

I've not got the 1.3 patch for the the ps4 yet. Is it slow coming out in the EU or what?

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Alabaster White posted:

Try BASE MENT. Yeah, I know, but since the game goes on forever eventually you'll get 4 Meat Cubes or the items to generate Meat Boy from a manual.

This was the winning idea but uh

some amount of patience was required before I could get the setup going, as well as nearly running out of bombs to even execute it.

The horseman only spawns once for the record when using the BASE MENT seed so you use it to get a setup to generate one.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I thought seeds couldn't be used to unlock things?

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

RatHat posted:

I thought seeds couldn't be used to unlock things?

They can't, but there was an exploit. It was patched, but I'm still running the old version of the game.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
What are the chances of a dollar dropping from the slot machine? I'm trying to get it, but it's like a lot more rare now. I used to get that thing all the time in WOTL Isaac.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

Logan 5 posted:

Holy gently caress guys, how is the worst change not mentioned anywhere in either the patch notes or here? You can no longer bomb into shops, curse rooms, double locked rooms, etc. from adjacent secret rooms, either with bombs or some kind of exploding shot (ipecac, fetus, etc.). I've tried several times and can confirm.

I really loving hope this is a mistake and unintentional, cause it is the woooooorst.

Was reading the Rebirth subreddit earlier, this has apparently been confirmed to be a bug that will soon be patched.

Also, last night I was trying to unlock the Lost and gave up. Just now, I attempted to resume trying but the seeds I was using aren't working like they were. I was using JTMD EZPF with Isaac to get a room to the south with a Mulliboom, but now it's giving me a room with a couple red spiders in it. What gives?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Spiffo posted:

Bosses aren't supposed to drop hearts at all, but there's a red heart in your boss room?

The Champion bosses still drop hearts on hard mode, though never more than one I think.

Dr. Fetus posted:

What are the chances of a dollar dropping from the slot machine? I'm trying to get it, but it's like a lot more rare now. I used to get that thing all the time in WOTL Isaac.

I've only found the Dollar once in all my hours of Rebirth, so quite rare I'd say. The fortune telling machine now drops hearts or trinkets much less frequently than it used to as well.