Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.
I hate indoor tracks, always an rear end in a top hat willing to gently caress up your lines and push you, even when the rules are clear about undercutting. On outdoor tracks, the speed is usually high enough and/or enough space to pass without ramming; smells better, too.

Edit: VV those fuckers will get you ever time you're trying to apex a corner :argh:

EightBit fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Dec 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

My gripe with go-kart tracks is the one rear end in a top hat who's always trying to drift the corners and comes to a near dead-stop, completely loving up your line. Usually a pain in the rear end to pass too.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I get horrible motion sickness driving gokarts these days :(

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
More of a horrible craftsmanship failure, but

Kotaru
Jan 17, 2004

"Serve the Hive.....
Feel the groove.
I control....
the way you move."

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Expanding foam painted silver!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Its the welding equivalent of If you cant tie a knot, tie a lot.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

Fucknag posted:

My gripe with go-kart tracks is the one rear end in a top hat who's always trying to drift the corners and comes to a near dead-stop, completely loving up your line. Usually a pain in the rear end to pass too.

Or the 90 pound girl with zero spatial awareness who blocks you at a near standstill in the corners and out-accelerates you everywhere else due to her weight advantage.

You Am I posted:

I get horrible motion sickness driving gokarts these days :(

That too, but outdoors tracks help.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f3CAnH7WIM

I'm not sure if it's supposed to do that or not, but holy poo poo that twist makes me cringe.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I'm not sure if it's supposed to do that or not, but holy poo poo that twist makes me cringe.

Thinner frame = less weight.
less weight = 2.3MPG.

also: its used as a commuter. so what if the frame is 1/8".

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

gently caress people using a truck like that as "commuter."

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Watch how bridges flex with load.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

xzzy posted:

gently caress people using a truck like that as "commuter."

In the South, buying a diesel dually as a daily driver is a common thing. Honestly though, the ones who buy the GAS ones are even worse.

And these are most often the people that bitch about fuel prices, and they generally own a Tahoe/Suburban as their family DD.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Dec 11, 2014

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

CommieGIR posted:

In the South, buying a diesel dually as a daily driver is a common thing. Honestly though, the ones who buy the GAS ones are even worse.

And these are most often the people that bitch about fuel prices, and they generally own a Tahoe/Suburban as their family DD.

thats the name of the game out here. Then they crash causing huge pileups because they had to beat their kids at 70mph, while updating twitter, drinking a Latte', cranking their vibrator on 11, and swerving to cut off that guy in the shitbox.

Pretty sure I've hauled more cargo on a motorcycle than most of their trucks.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Here's a new failure.

I received a piece of assemble-yourself furniture and one of the bolts wouldn't start. I hit it with a wrench and it felt like it was cross-threading, so I took it out and tried a different bolt. That one worked perfectly, but the first bolt wouldn't. I filed off the munged bits of the threads at the end and noticed something strange.

The bolt isn't threaded. It's got rings on it, not threads. If you try to trace a thread around, you end up at the same spot. Spinning the bolt around is so bizarre. The "threads" tilt up on one side and down on the other. Of course I don't have a tap the correct size to fix this thing.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Beat their kids? You know those things never have more than one person in them.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Terrible Robot posted:

Come on man, you know we're gonna want a story here.

It was back in 2000, when I was in Edmonton for the summer with the Air Cadets, getting my pilot license. My friend and I (who was from my squadron) were in a bit of a battle for position (even though we shouldn't have been; we were 16, stupid and unhindered by any kind of adult supervision) and going into a sharp right-hander, he came inside on me and I pretty much drove over his left front, pitching me into the air, kind of like Damon Hill off Michael Schumacher in Adelaide.

Needless to say the attendants didn't take kindly to our antics, so they banned us permanently.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Safety Dance posted:

Are D35s dangerous for light offroading if I keep stock tire size and suspension?

I refuse to say yes or no, but I know people who claim they have "beat the piss out of them" for years on 32s without a failure, and other people who have nuked one on 32s doing a U-turn on a gravel road. And one friend of mine put the spider gears through the diff cover of his dana 35 pulling out of his driveway on stock tires.

Your call.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

kastein posted:

Your call.
I will remain open to the option of buying a cheap Ford 8.8 if I see one.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
From an invoice I got for forklift repair.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

:unsmith: Awwww, I do so love opossums.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Is that an extended warranty marsupial?

Huggable Bear King
Jan 12, 2006
H.B.K.
This is a mechanical failure in progress the way he's beating on the transmission. 4WD new Jeep with a stupid owner who doesn't understand how traction works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuTXUcoGdhw

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Huggable Bear King posted:

This is a mechanical failure in progress the way he's beating on the transmission. 4WD new Jeep with a stupid owner who doesn't understand how traction works.

It's an Audi SUV.

e. At least I think so. Doubting myself a little bit. Audi would explain the jackass driving it.

Safety Dance fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Dec 12, 2014

Huggable Bear King
Jan 12, 2006
H.B.K.
Oh wow you're right, my bad. (In all fairness the new Jeeps look weird and a little german in profile)

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
It's clearly a Jeep. A Grand Cherokee, I think?

Did he ever pick up his iPhone? I thought he did when I watched it before, but watching it again, I don't see him picking it up.

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

Huggable Bear King posted:

Who needs driving technique, or the right tyres? I have 4WD! *floors throttle, ignores physics*

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

totalnewbie posted:

Did he ever pick up his iPhone? I thought he did when I watched it before, but watching it again, I don't see him picking it up.

God the Q7 and the Grand Cherokee look exactly alike.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

totalnewbie posted:

It ploops right out of his pocket at 1:30 and he runs over it exactly a minute later. It's really precious when he checks his pocket for it at 6:00, then goes through his back seat looking for it as it lays smashed to oblivion at his feet.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Flooring it isn't working. .. I know what I'll do floor it! Sure the frame is resting on the snow.. floor it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Oh poo poo, I watched it on my phone and didn't even notice that. :lol:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The way it slides backwards, I think he's trying to gun it uphill as well. Is this dude fresh from California or something?

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE
What a moron. Shovel a car length behind you, roll onto it, drive away. This seriously must have been his first experience with snow.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Safety Dance posted:

God the Q7 and the Grand Cherokee look exactly alike.

A q7 drives past him around 5:54. odly enough tho.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

FatCow posted:

What a moron. Shovel a car length behind you, roll onto it, drive away. This seriously must have been his first experience with snow.

Nah, the dealer told him "It's 4wd, so it can go anywhere, and I promise you'll never get stuck in snow!"

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Fucknag posted:

Nah, the dealer told him "It's 4wd, so it can go anywhere, and I promise you'll never get stuck in snow!"

The original Wrangler in its stock form couldnt do a lot of things very well, but driving through retarded amounts of snow is definitely a skill it excelled at.

Of course now everything is all electronic and this idiot never read the manual.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Preoptopus posted:

The original Wrangler in its stock form couldnt do a lot of things very well, but driving through retarded amounts of snow is definitely a skill it excels at.

Of course now everything is all electronic and this idiot never read the manual.

I bet it couldn't do it with a V8 pushing 400 horsepower through high range, with a mouthbreather behind the wheel who thinks 4wd is magic.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
An OG metro could clear that much snow if you had a competent driver behind the wheel. It's mostly not about the car, but the driver.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

BlackMK4 posted:

Watch how bridges flex with load.

Or, alternately, if you like being able to sleep at night, don't!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

Memento posted:

Or, alternately, if you like being able to sleep at night, don't!

Try not to notice skyscrapers slowly moving back and forth now that I've told you about it.