Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Welp. Looking forward to the CW's hit new show "Diggle".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I think you mean

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
My wife is so pissed off at this show going full on comic book. She has no idea what's coming in the future.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Gonna laugh my rear end off if they cop out of it by turning Oliver into a metahuman (remember they said they were open to the idea of metahumans in Arrow after the crossover).

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
gently caress anyone that wants the show to half rear end it's setting. Season 1 was a dude with a bow and arrow trying to stop an earthquake machine. Season 2 was a dude with a bow and arrow teaming up with a secret society of assassins to stop an army of superhumans. Motherfuckers going to draw the line at another chemical treatment that can reverse death in a show that already had one? You are watching a comic book show that draws from and reinvents comic book plots. Own it and move on.

e: Own your setting.

Mulva fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 11, 2014

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Boogaleeboo posted:

gently caress anyone that wants the show to half rear end it's setting. Season 1 was a dude with a bow and arrow trying to stop an earthquake machine. Season 2 was a dude with a bow and arrow teaming up with a secret society of assassins to stop an army of superhumans. Motherfuckers going to draw the line at another chemical treatment that can reserve death in a show that already had one? You are watching a comic book show that draws from and reinvents comic book plots. Own it and move on.

I don't think it's narratively appropriate right now. Implausible as it sounds, escaping from death and being reborn is something Ollie needs to do on his own.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh sure, he can just go to the afterlife where he gets a spirit bow he can use to fight his way back to life.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Sure. As protagonist I think he needs to have agency in his return.

The one word on the screen for January was "SURVIVE"

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

SURVIVE... long enough to get to a Lazarus Pit

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I think the cybernetic Arrow is the real one.

I suspect that since Ra's knows that Ollie didn't do it, he's going to revive him just for giving him a good fight. Also, he'll have Ollie on tap as his successor.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Random Stranger posted:

I think the cybernetic Arrow is the real one.

I suspect that since Ra's knows that Ollie didn't do it, he's going to revive him just for giving him a good fight. Also, he'll have Ollie on tap as his successor.

But he is not a detective!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

FELD1 posted:

I'm assuming that Merlyn was drugging Thea subtly during her training; breaking down her psyche and making her more susceptible to questionable commands (like killing Sara).

Something I'm surprised no one has really commented on is the scene with Laurel and her mother where they basically swear to avenge Sara's death. That's certainly going to put her at odds with Thea... and probably team Arrow as well.

I liked that scene because tv parents always give the lame advice. "Let it go. " "nothing can bring her back"

But this mom's just like: "You're god drat right there is going to be vengence."

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

FELD1 posted:

Something I'm surprised no one has really commented on is the scene with Laurel and her mother where they basically swear to avenge Sara's death. That's certainly going to put her at odds with Thea... and probably team Arrow as well.

Eh, they already kinda crossed that bridge when Roy thought he did it and told everyone. Laurel got talked down there.

Thea's situation is exactly the same as Roy's, she wasn't in control of her actions. Laurel should rightly realize that Merlyn is the one responsible. Maybe that will be her first kill as Canary.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

I liked that scene because tv parents always give the lame advice. "Let it go. " "nothing can bring her back"

But this mom's just like: "You're god drat right there is going to be vengence."

That scene was so great because of that. She's like,"let's strap up" and poo poo.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Aphrodite posted:

Oh sure, he can just go to the afterlife where he gets a spirit bow he can use to fight his way back to life.

Let's save that for when Deathstroke comes back and reveals that he snuck a flaw into Oliver's hand-to-hand training that only he knows how to exploit.

College Rockout
Jan 10, 2010

I liked how they subverted the whole power of love conquers all bit Ollie was doing this episode. When he said that he couldn't lose because he was fighting for Thea I rolled my eyes thinking it was going to be a terrible Ollie wins with the power of love ending. But nope, you can't power of love your way through Ra's al Ghul.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

College Rockout posted:

I liked how they subverted the whole power of love conquers all bit Ollie was doing this episode. When he said that he couldn't lose because he was fighting for Thea I rolled my eyes thinking it was going to be a terrible Ollie wins with the power of love ending. But nope, you can't power of love your way through Ra's al Ghul.

Yeah, I was worried that they were going to have Olliver suddenly gather his feelings and turn on Ra's. Having him be thoroughly defeated really subverts that whole trope.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
"Preview"(is only 20 seconds long)

drat. :suspense:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Ra's really goes out of his way to look like Liam Neeson.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

bobkatt013 posted:

But he is not a detective!

Oliver has a power that the detective doesn't, the power to pantry drop. Ra brings Oliver back to life to father an heir with Nyssa.

HardKase
Jul 15, 2007
TASTY
Did I miss an episode? when did he realise merlyn was alive? When did this poo poo with ras happen?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

sbaldrick posted:

Oliver has a power that the detective doesn't, the power to pantry drop. Ra brings Oliver back to life to father an heir with Nyssa.

So you're saying another detective wouldn't be able to give Ras an heir with his daughter?

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Has some internet detective determined
whose leg is on that shot?

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Himuro posted:

That scene was so great because of that. She's like,"let's strap up" and poo poo.

I pictured her mom being like "you make them SUFFER (by prosecuting them fully in the course of your job as the DA)"...while Laurel is thinking tearing out the killer's heart with her bare hands.

:stwoon: this show

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

HardKase posted:

Did I miss an episode? when did he realise merlyn was alive? When did this poo poo with ras happen?

Ep 3.4, The Magician

HardKase
Jul 15, 2007
TASTY

Rarity posted:

Ep 3.4, The Magician

Oh I have seen that episode, that was ages ago. I remember it now, its all coming back.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Man, Dinah is really loving aggresive :stare:. I see where Laurel gets it from, jesus. I fully expected the usual "no, you'll put yourself in danger!", not "YOU'LL MAKE THEM SUFFER". Like mother, like daughter, and I'm not talking about the actual murderer daughter.

Also I'm another person who was surprised how Ollie vs Ra's went. With how Ollie talked to Felicity, I fully expected him to win but then doubt on the moment of killing, giving us our cliffhanger when Ra's takes advantage of it. I did NOT expect Oliver to get his rear end kicked without any effort whatsoever from Ra's side. That was incredibly one-sided.

And then stab :stare:

This goddamn show. This is one of the best Batman shows I've ever watched.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Who's voice is that? Barrowman, right?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

HardKase posted:

Oh I have seen that episode, that was ages ago. I remember it now, its all coming back.

Amnesia dust is a hell of a drug.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

thrawn527 posted:

So you're saying another detective wouldn't be able to give Ras an heir with his daughter?

I'm saying Oliver can turn a lesbian.

*I am not saying this will happen or should happen or can even happen in real life*

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I don't know, can't think of anything more pathetic than watching a guy get chumped by your dad.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Boogaleeboo posted:

I don't know, can't think of anything more pathetic than watching a guy get chumped by your dad.

Seeing some kid get chumped by her immortal and incredibly powerful father is probably just another Wednesday to Nyssa.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
If Starling isn't on the Pacific Ocean, then is Lian Yu off the coast of Ohio?

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

bbf2 posted:

Who's voice is that? Barrowman, right?

Yes. My guess is that Barrowman tracked Oliver to the mountain and will take him to get Lazarus'd, as part of his grand master plan. I think he expected Ras to kill him.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

hcreight posted:

Yes. My guess is that Barrowman tracked Oliver to the mountain and will take him to get Lazarus'd, as part of his grand master plan.

He did kind of want Oliver as his own son back in season 1, right? Or am I making that up? Wasn't there kind of a Merlyn sees Oliver as the son he wanted Tommy to be, like with Norman Osborn and Peter Parker?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Why am I getting a feeling that they're gonna do an adaptation of the Island Training storyline from the GA comics? Obviously they'll replace Natas with Slade. Plus it'll give Ray some time to try and establish himself as ATOM.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

jscolon2.0 posted:

They sailed up the St. Lawrence River, I guess, around the east coast, and then through the Panama Canal towards the Central Pacific. You know, your usual pleasure cruise on a yacht

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

jscolon2.0 posted:

Well it is a poo poo hole nobody wants to go to :smug:

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

CeeJee posted:

-San Marcos ( civil-war torn Central American country in an episode of MacGyver, in the 1971 motion picture Bananas, as well as a 2014 episode of Archer')

Also where the first Predator takes place. That's the go to fake South American country for Hollywood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

seaborgium posted:

Also where the first Predator takes place. That's the go to fake South American country for Hollywood.

I thought Predator was Val Verde?

• Locked thread