Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
And a mod has finally decided to step in and take charge of the spammer thread.

bluegeek posted:

I'd rather not shut the thread down in case other people have issues or the Devs need to respond.

But they won't do that if this thread is a cesspool. So stop with the hostile posting.

Somebody, won't say who, is kind of on thin ice already and might want to stop posting now

He also sent me a pm saying I have received a warning for calling someone a "brown noser" and added I should take a break from the forums before he imposes one on me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HouseMD
Nov 29, 2014
LMFAO "Imposes one on you"

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=21172481&posted=1#post21172481

Holiday season is of course the season for bad pubbie poetry.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

alfheimwanderer posted:

Elite Swarmers or Elite Plesh Breks?

Elite swarmers since they you know, swarm, with beam overload.

They die a lot? Yeah they do, who loving cares they fire BEAM OVERLOAD and you can poo poo out 6-12 of the fuckers every dozen seconds.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Regular fighters die all the time so that's not very different.

ComradeBigT
Sep 9, 2014
That reminds me, did they ever release that "fix" to carrier pets that apparently had too high hp and did too much damage?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

DonDoodles posted:

And a mod has finally decided to step in and take charge of the spammer thread.

He also sent me a pm saying I have received a warning for calling someone a "brown noser" and added I should take a break from the forums before he imposes one on me.

Took them long enough, but without you there to give the fruitcakes a venting outlet how will the forums survive?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Unguided posted:

Regular fighters die all the time so that's not very different.

Honestly, the main reason Frigates are so highly recommended is that they don't spend most of their time dead.

AcidCouch
Aug 2, 2012

MikeJF posted:

Honestly, the main reason Frigates are so highly recommended is that they don't spend most of their time dead.

I played around with the pleshies and they are about the only good thing about flying around in that ship(science goodies aside)

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
That and the asymmetry drives pubs insane.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

AcidCouch posted:

I played around with the pleshies and they are about the only good thing about flying around in that ship(science goodies aside)

Hmm? It doesn't seem like a poor ship. What's wrong with it?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
It's free so all the spacepoors will have one.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

Aleth posted:

It's free so all the spacepoors will have one.

That and it's not optimal for max DPS, but then, neither are half the ships in the game, and properly outfitted, you can out DPS pubbies with a Miranda, so it's kind of a moot point.

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
Well poo poo. Zen has jumped to 171dil per. Shoulda sold at 180 instead of 170.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Seems like zen keeps rising! Woah!

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
poo poo's gonna keep going up because of the R&D pack announcement.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

It'll crater again in a day or three once the initial rush dies down, anyway. Take advantage of it while you can.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Ho ho ho.

dumb pubbie posted:

So Starfleet Dental (and Nerds of Prey and Shutup Whesley) have found a way to annoy people by spamming them with private action invitations. You talk about if for 48 pages and the result is a forum moderator banning one of the Nerds of Prey (who will more than likely make another account rinse and repeat).

Smirk please do not take offense to this, I applaud your work.

I had a recent experience with someone copying a friend's @handle and spamming me with private action invites. I fell for it and instantly had a post trolled by lerpyderpy from Starfleet Dental.

I ignored the@handle and it continued, I reported the bug, I reported the trolling. And here I am, not alone it seems.

So the fix is I have to change MY settings to avoid this?

Does that seem right to everyone?

The victim has to change how they play the game because people are harassing them.

Let me say that one more time, people being harassed have to change how they play to lessen (not completely avoid) being harassed and bullied.

And why are we ok with that? I'm not.

Here is my solution, I vow never to spend a cent on anything STO related until this issue is resolved.

Just one person, right? No big deal, right?

Now here is where I need a little help. It won't even cost you a dime. Do the same thing. Submit a bug report about it, tell them you won't spend anymore money until they fix it.

Now here is the hard part. Some of you won't agree to this, and I understand. But, the noose is around my neck, I may as well jump off the horse so here goes: Ask your friends to do the same thing.

Hit STO where they do care about something, in the bank account. Do that, and lets see how fast this issue gets resolved.

:wink:

FrostyJones
Sep 23, 2012

Welcome, fellow inmate, to Space No Space Lunch Space Super-max.

In Space.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Moooom make them stooooop. :sadfan:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

:golfclap:

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

didn't they realize that you just made the "banned" thing your avatar?

e: wow they want to waste qa's time by sending in bug reports about them "not paying a cent" for the game.

e: I AM ANGRY ABOUT VIDEO GAMES

Acer Pilot fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Dec 11, 2014

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Acer Pilot posted:

didn't they realize that you just made the "banned" thing your avatar?

e: wow they want to waste qa's time by sending in bug reports about them "not paying a cent" for the game.

e: I AM ANGRY ABOUT VIDEO GAMES

Shhhhh.

quote:

What's with all the BANNED avatars?

quote:

If you were banned... how are you still posting? Or was it just a temp ban and you just never switched your avatar?

quote:

I don't think real bans show up like that, as far as I know. That appears to be a fleetwide custom avatar.

Grimrak, the first Shitlord posted:

Ding ding ding ding, we have a winner.

:argh:

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Aleth posted:

Shhhhh.

:argh:

:smug:

HouseMD
Nov 29, 2014
just updated my avatar - let the butthurt begin!

AcidCouch
Aug 2, 2012

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1323871&highlight=dental&page=2

Thread that needs making GBS threads up. They are already taking bets on when we will show up and call them whinners. Let's not disapoint, remember we are the boogieman.

Also is the naming and shaming rule exempted on fleets in general?

AcidCouch fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Dec 11, 2014

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I've asked for my cut of the winnings.

Edit: bluegeek posted in the spam thread again:

quote:

Captains

Please keep your posts on-topic. Naming and shaming are still not allowed on the forums and you cannot accuse entire fleets for the actions of individuals, no matter what the provocation.

Smirk, customer service, and the Dev team are all aware of what's going on with this particular bad guy and are trying to take steps to stop it. Contrary to popular opinion, it's not as simple as pressing a button and making someone disappear from the game permanently.

I have removed several off-topic posts and sent warnings to certain people to cease and desist. People who continue to ignore the rules will be recommended for infractions and receive temporary or permanent forum bans as appropriate.

Again, I am trying to keep this thread open for communicating what's going on. If you don't have anything to say relevant to that, please don't post. DO NOT respond to provocation. Open a ticket or send me a PM and I will handle it.

~Bluegeek

Aleth fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Dec 11, 2014

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
hi, hello

I am coming to play your terrible nerd game because I am a terrible nerd

Requesting wiki access, username registered is Rafza

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Having browsed many a game forum in my time I have to say that so far the STO forum pubbies are easily the biggest loving crybabies of the lot. How the hell do these people cope in life when people are mean to them?

Oh yeah, they don't.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

you know someone actually put mrs t on ignore after a fan dance? mrs t doesn't even talk to pubbies.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Oh hey, the forum is down.

Guess the database couldn't handle that level of whinging.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Xean himself has finally entered the fray, giving pubbies in the spammer thread the kind of solid advice Xtern1ty is known for.

Check out his new forum Sig:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=21204381&postcount=505

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

DonDoodles posted:

Xean himself has finally entered the fray, giving pubbies in the spammer thread the kind of solid advice Xtern1ty is known for.

quote:

©XTERN1TY

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

because of all you trolls, we have now closed the game permanently. thank you

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

That's some peak Mary Sue right there.

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DonDoodles posted:

Was just about to post that; "please ensure delivery" ranks up there with "do the needful" if you want to trigger PTSD in an IT worker.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

what's so scientific about his video game committee?

also it sounds like isis. that guy probably supports isis irl.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Can someone please post in this thread and ask why the mods aren't acting on this blatant naming and shaming?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=21211841&postcount=517

The "diva" mentioned in that post is a direct reference to the "diva" glitter letters on my forums Sig. He seems to be implying that I/Dental are behind this whole thing, and despite bluegeek's warning on naming and shaming, he is conveniently overlooking this.

Edit: Xean is taking credit for my disappearing from the thread.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=21213911&postcount=526

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Dec 11, 2014

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
On it.

And for when it inevitably gets deleted: in response to

quote:

Originally Posted by shazia9191
I wonder if veiled naming and shaming is still against the TOS, or if it is now tacitly accepted by the mods, because despite the warning against naming and shaming from the mod, he seems to be conveniently ignoring this. I wonder if "diva" is referencing a certain someone's sig, and by extension, his or her fleet.

You guys are bad at being subtle.

I said:

quote:

It's quite amusing seeing them think they're being clever though.

What's really funny is that the diva in question can't be here to address this slander because of Mr bluegeek, who is conveniently remaining silent on the matter whilst allowing these thinly veiled name and shames to continue.

Edit:

bluegeek replied already, probably missed my post:

bluegeek posted:

No, naming and shaming is not allowed.

Not my fault I have no idea who the "diva" is supposed to be. It's not naming and shaming if you're talking in generalities.

That said, if the "diva" references start derailing the point of this thread or cause more argument they won't be tolerated either.

and brave shazia9191:

quote:

It's not generalities. It's a direct reference to Nbreeki's sig picture, which has "DIVA" in large, capitalized letters.

Aleth fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Dec 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Bluegeek deleted shazia's last post and yours, Aleth

• Locked thread