Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

newreply.php posted:

the old one yeah, the new one is more cryworthy

- won't come back on decision to let ppl work longer and be paid less (no cost-of-living adjustment to wages) despite massive protest
- claims that we "all have to contributre in dire economic times"
- refuses to tax the extremely wealthy even though the OESO told them to
- despite all this spends €4bn on making company cars cheaper (we have a huge traffic problem and emit too much co2) and € idk how much on new fighter jets of that type gbs ikes to laugh at

its basically shaggar.gov

fighter jets? why does belgium need an air force?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

america probably just poisoned every world leader and will only send the antidote if you buy 10 jets

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

the f-35 might be the dumbest loving project in the history of industrial engineering

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Blackula69 posted:

fighter jets? why does belgium need an air force?

probably because its a nato member and we have a dude that wants to become the nato boss even though we already had one not terribly long ago. also he has dumb curly hair

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Blackula69 posted:

the f-35 might be the dumbest loving project in the history of industrial engineering

it's more aerospace engineering

but yes it's dumb

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Blackula69 posted:

it makes everyone involved very wealthy so worthington's law applies

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

newreply.php posted:

the old one yeah, the new one is more cryworthy

- won't come back on decision to let ppl work longer and be paid less (no cost-of-living adjustment to wages) despite massive protest
- claims that we "all have to contributre in dire economic times"
- refuses to tax the extremely wealthy even though the OESO told them to
- despite all this spends €4bn on making company cars cheaper (we have a huge traffic problem and emit too much co2) and € idk how much on new fighter jets of that type gbs ikes to laugh at

its basically shaggar.gov

global warming owns

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Blackula69 posted:

yeah its a huge piece of poo poo that does nothing well. they're also thinking it will replace the a10 lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the only thing good about the f35 is that the brits bought a pile of them to go on carriers that weren't ready for them and then sold their retired harrier fleet to the marines for peanuts

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Shaggar posted:

they're also thinking it will replace the a10 lol
what the hell

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
i heard the carrier version is the least bad one. not that belgium has any carriers obv

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

the af has been trying to get rid of the a-10 since its first deployment because its ugly and slow. congress has had to step in to stop them retiring it

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

computer parts posted:

but yes it's dumb

the latest thing is that they're going to have to paint the fuel trucks with white solar reflective paint because the f-35 uses the fuel as a heat sink and if the fuel from the truck is too hot the plane shuts down.

I'm sure Lockheed Martin conveniently sells the required paint.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lol. the f35 is such a turd. thanks mic.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

the f-35 uses the fuel as a heat sink

holy poo poo

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

the latest thing is that they're going to have to paint the fuel trucks with white solar reflective paint because the f-35 uses the fuel as a heat sink and if the fuel from the truck is too hot the plane shuts down.

I'm sure Lockheed Martin conveniently sells the required paint.

yeah i was just gonna post this, lmao. what a piece of poo poo.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

id imagine fuel as heatsink is common but not normally able to shut things down if the fuel isnt too hot to touch

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

id imagine fuel as heatsink is common but not normally able to shut things down if the fuel isnt too hot to touch

yeah, it's fairly common, the part about it not working when one of the operational theaters is going to be a desert is loving hilarious.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

computer parts posted:

but yes it's dumb

i mean the entire history of engineering since the dawn of the industrial age

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
the f-35 thread in gbs is actually a p funny thread read it if you can find humor in making fun of a jet that cost our country enough to provide UHC for years

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

is there a kill count for it yet? has it actually gone on any missions?
has anyone working on one died?

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

has anyone working on one died?

yeah...of old age!

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

some pilots I think

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

duTrieux. posted:

holy poo poo

don't fly on airplanes larger than a cessna if that freaks you out

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Blackula69 posted:

i mean the entire history of engineering since the dawn of the industrial age

says the journalist

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
fuel as a heatsink isn't really unusual. Your car/truck/whatever's fuel sending unit and pump use the fuel as a coolant, which is why your gas pump burns up if you're a cheap poo poo and constantly run it on fumes.

Now everything else about the plane is a complete engineering disaster.

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

hobbesmaster posted:

don't fly on airplanes larger than a cessna if that freaks you out

or ride in a fuel injected car

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

says the journalist

idgi

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Dolomite posted:

or ride in a fuel injected car

planes do use it significantly more than cars do

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

he's saying that you're a word-using person instead of a math-and-science-using person

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Blackula69 posted:

nah its a great project:
1) fighter jets are already obsolete
2) lol who were we going to use them against anyway
3) somehow we get them bought by other countries and in exchange get a stock of useful (ish) older fighters
4) if we weren't spending all this money on the f35 itd go into some other tire fire of a project anyway, so it's not like the waste can be avoided

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
I can only imagine what the hookers-n-blow parties are/were like for the people responsible for the F-35

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
on going and never ending

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

some pilots I think

you're thinking of the f-22

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

which is another sad/hilarious mess of an aircraft

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i wish grover were here to tell us all about how the f-35 is vital to national security

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

Nintendo Kid posted:

so it's not like the waste can be avoided

Lol that you can actually write this, and that its probably true anyway.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

prefect posted:

he's saying that you're a word-using person instead of a math-and-science-using person

more like that journalism has been dying for years and is completely deserving of its fate

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

Endless Mike posted:

i wish grover were here to tell us all about how the f-35 is vital to national security

it has a laser gun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Elder Postsman posted:

which is another sad/hilarious mess of an aircraft
the f-22 was the most ridiculously overpriced unnecessary gold-plated hangar-queen aircraft ever designed and procured in the history of aviation

and the f-35 has managed to make it look sober and reasonable and efficient by contrast. no kidding, one of the better suggestions for dealing with the f-35 has been to cancel it and restart production of the f-22

• Locked thread