Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Spoon Man posted:

Yes, we contributed a majority of the wins required to knock the first place clan off of the domination node. But it was all I vain because we didn't finish off the one node we went for.

All that digital blood shed for nothing :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I had planned on doing some nodez but when the app kept telling me I needed to join a clan and I couldn't see what nodez were available I gave up and killed some dragons and made out with a not-Spanish lady as a 7-ft tall horned woman instead. :shrug:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Spoon Man posted:

Well if you're going to do me like this, I didn't give the entire story. Quebec took the node first when it was only worth 13 points. They held it all weekend so it reached the max value of twice the starting value, which is 26 points. They lost the node on Sunday and we made enough progress to reach 29 wins out of 45 to take it. The second place team only had 24 points compared to first place's ~400 points. All we had to do was get another 16 wins in Dom at that point to take second place. We did not and ended tied for 4th or 5th with zero points.

Yes, we contributed a majority of the wins required to knock the first place clan off of the domination node. But it was all I vain because we didn't finish off the one node we went for.

Put me back in BOYS so I can help next time. I don't have a mic but I'll meat puppet if it means I get the cap.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Season 1 ranked play starts early January

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

cool can't wait to get my voldo suit

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Dunno why but I'm having a harder time shooting down UAV's in this one than in previous games.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Looking for an invite from the PS4 crew. :patriot:

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Fibby Boy posted:

Dunno why but I'm having a harder time shooting down UAV's in this one than in previous games.

That would be the combination of "two square inches of open sky per map" and "a stinger that takes 2/3rds of the lifetime of a UAV to pull out, lock on, fire, and wait for missiles to travel that far."

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
That's probably it. I'm just used to hearing "enemy uav spotted", looking up, and shooting it down in one quick motion. I feel like I have to traverse the map in this one just to find uav's this time around.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yeah every other game I had a SMAW equipped on every class and it seemed like it was a race to shoot down UAVs

In this one the problem is all the poo poo that's already been said and that there's a 50/50 chance you'll get killed. Maps are so small and people are zipping all over the place constantly

They really need to buff anti-air. Can't remember the last time I saw someone shoot poo poo down

I thought about running an anti-air killstreak class with an LMG and whatever the SMAW equivalent is

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Nighthand posted:

That would be the combination of "two square inches of open sky per map" and "a stinger that takes 2/3rds of the lifetime of a UAV to pull out, lock on, fire, and wait for missiles to travel that far."

The launchers could definitely use a buff of some sort- unlockable attachments for faster missiles, faster lock on, or target highlighting would be wonderful and I'd take a pick 13 slot for one of those. I don't even care about the UAV's actual effect, I get worried about the assist points that the enemy racks up by having one out and have been shooting them down ASAP to prevent from getting steamrolled. I'd kill for a SAM Turret in this game.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Christoff posted:

I thought about running an anti-air killstreak class with an LMG and whatever the SMAW equivalent is

My dedicated scorestreak class is:

XMGs, rapid fire if I have it unlocked
Stinger
EMP Grenades
Trophy System
Flak Jacket, Low Profile
Fast Hands, Blind Eye
Hard Wired

Pretty much equips you to handle any kind of scorestreak scenario. Fast Hands in particular is big for getting the stinger out ASAP. I'm not sure if the Pytaek or the Ameli are better choices for shooting down scorestreaks with bullets, but I only ever use the XMGs for Warbirds really.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

I was playing solo for like an hour and a half, and I seemed to be the only one on. No worries, though, I beat the crap out of pubbies in HC Dom. Got 53 kills in the last match on Greenband, 20 from Warbirds and 14 from Assault Drones. The laser thingy is so deadly in HC, it's fantastic.

Also, if we're talking about shooting down scorestreaks, the laser thingy can take out a Warbird pretty quick.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I've shot down warbirds and UAVs with the XMGs, but I don't even get hit markers on paladins with them. I thought I did at one point a few days ago, but I tried yesterday and didn't get any.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Nighthand posted:

I've shot down warbirds and UAVs with the XMGs, but I don't even get hit markers on paladins with them. I thought I did at one point a few days ago, but I tried yesterday and didn't get any.

Speaking of paladin's I got to listen to dumb pubbie logic earlier while playing solo. I got a care package and dropped in right on top B so that it was an obvious trap. I die before I can pick it up and think "alright pick it up moron. It's trapped." The following conversation happened between a couple guys playing together on my team:

-"poo poo this dumbass dropped a package right on b."
-"Oh drat it's a paladin. Get that before they do!"
-"poo poo poo poo I swear if that dumbass just gives them a paladin I'm leaving."
-"loving dumbass. Alright I got it."
-"Oh poo poo there's another one!" *care package explodes* "drat it was trapped. Glad I had flak jacket."

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

dozens of us on right now let's get something going

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Mister Macys posted:

Looking for an invite from the PS4 crew. :patriot:

You should read the op

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Not everyone's in the clan, dawg.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Y'all a bunch of stinger noobs. I need one more goliath kill and I get royal camo.

Stingers lock onto people fyi. They'll never get buffed because if a zombie boat tier player can get triple kills already it's fine.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Ae4 assault rifle (energy rifle that just released) is pretty alright. Reminds me of the maverick from ghosts but with a faster fire rate. Shame the sight on it is awful.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
I just read the OP and now I like men.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP
I bought the digital pro edition for xb0ne and it says my season pass is "installed" when I try to buy it but it still tells me I need to purchase the season pass to unlock the AE4, anyone have any ideas?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Wazzit posted:

Well consider it an upgrade, now you get no-strings-attached sex in airport bathrooms.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

SubponticatePoster posted:

Well consider it an upgrade, now you get no-strings-attached sex in airport bathrooms.

Not if you are a Senator from Idaho you can't.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
In that case I'm sure Wazzit is safe.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
Anybody want to play this game tonight(GMT)/evening(EST)?

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe

Zombie Boat posted:

Y'all a bunch of stinger noobs. I need one more goliath kill and I get royal camo.

Stingers lock onto people fyi. They'll never get buffed because if a zombie boat tier player can get triple kills already it's fine.

I was playing dom on solar the other day and a guy on the enemy team had lots of success using the stinger on someone capping b and then getting triple kills from the splash

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Yeah it works really well for long lines of sight. Occasionally you'll see a guy try to snipe you and then you're firing a barrage of missiles at him. Glorious.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Wait, the stinger is now basically the Javelin from MW2. If that is a design decision and not a mistake I would almost want to play a COD game again.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Lazyfire posted:

Wait, the stinger is now basically the Javelin from MW2. If that is a design decision and not a mistake I would almost want to play a COD game again.

It can lock-on to aircraft and players however it takes a stupidly long amount of times to lock-on to either. But it sure does feel satisfying to get a successful lock-on kill on a player.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
It's better than the jav. It fires four missiles straight at people. Blak, take fast hands. It makes pulling it up quicker. The aim time is the same but anything helps.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
The 360 got the patch that increases the points for capturing objectives today. gently caress. THAT. It is a system hack->war bird->bombing run train now.

Edit: Also UAV's. It is futile to try to shoot those down now because there is an average of 5 out at any given time.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Fibby Boy posted:

The 360 got the patch that increases the points for capturing objectives today. gently caress. THAT. It is a system hack->war bird->bombing run train now.

Edit: Also UAV's. It is futile to try to shoot those down now because there is an average of 5 out at any given time.

You don't need to shoot down UAVs when you can't be seen by them... :smugbert:

Think of it this way; why pay a point to shoot down one or two, when you can pay a point to negate them all?

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Dec 12, 2014

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
Firing your stinger missiles at a guy who just fired his is some funny times.

(Also new domination owns because now I can hit the 9999 cap on the scoreboard)

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Mister Macys posted:

Think of it this way; why pay a point to shoot down one or two, when you can pay a point to negate them all?

because that doesn't piss people off as much

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

because that doesn't piss people off as much

The whole point of being a stealthy :ninja: is undermining the enemy's security without them ever knowing it.

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.
I play on XBox One if anyone wants to add me: Shamburglar

I think I'm pretty good, but you never know I might just be another pubbie.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Mister Macys posted:

Going for carbon fiber camo means I sometimes have to shoot down uav's.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Wazzit posted:

may I interest you in some prestige grindring?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa

Fibby Boy posted:

:shrug: wear the exo that makes you immune to system hack?

*edit:

Updating CoD now.... I'm scared.

Fatty_McLumpkin fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Dec 12, 2014

• Locked thread