Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Is it even possible for Steph to not look evil when smiling? Has years of heeling just driven the ability to do that out of her?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

She's just got that McMahon Face

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
It's like she's biting the leg off a live animal.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

theacox posted:

It's like she's biting the leg off a live animal.

I was just about to say this. It's less a smile and more an animal baring it's teeth.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
She's thinking about how she can bite the leg out from under wrestlers who get over without permission.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Wonder who that is. Only guys I could say would be right to do that would be the Young Bucks.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

Wonder who that is. Only guys I could say would be right to do that would be the Young Bucks.

Kenny Omega, possibly. He's apparently well watched amongst NXT guys and left Deep South on his own terms.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Kenny Omega, possibly. He's apparently well watched amongst NXT guys and left Deep South on his own terms.

Omega has been under NJPW contract for a month so I doubt it. It is Super Dragon.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Omega has been under NJPW contract for a month so I doubt it. It is Super Dragon.

Two words: Dino Winwood

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Fweeeeight Twaiiin

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Wasn't Devitt under contract when the WWE initially came knocking?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Maybe it's just my intense distaste for Joey Ryan talking but if Devitt, KENTA, Steen and Generico all went to WWE, I kinda doubt this is very common.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Maybe it's just my intense distaste for Joey Ryan talking but if Devitt, KENTA, Steen and Generico all went to WWE, I kinda doubt this is very common.

WWE doesn't pay very well unless you're a top guy, almost everything that makes people popular on the indies is the exact opposite of what the WWE likes and the product is getting worse and worse every week. Plus the whole Punk interview made it seem like the WWE is a terrible place to work.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Those guys are cream of the crop types that can hold out for a way better deal from WWE than most, though. Recent Austin and Colt podcasts havent really made WWE out to be a dream job either.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gonzo McFee posted:

WWE doesn't pay very well unless you're a top guy, almost everything that makes people popular on the indies is the exact opposite of what the WWE likes and the product is getting worse and worse every week. Plus the whole Punk interview made it seem like the WWE is a terrible place to work.

Punk thing I'll grant but in terms of pay, except Generico those signings were all post-Network which is the big issue with pay AFAIK.

And how many non top indy guys are getting WWE offers?

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Dec 11, 2014

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
WWE made another approach for Ricochet just before he signed with Lucha Underground.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rovert posted:

WWE made another approach for Ricochet just before he signed with Lucha Underground.

Well drat. I just really hate Joey Ryan, sorry guys. :shobon:

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
Alberto Del Rio was just talking about how guys were getting $500 a match and working on the main roster. Not exactly shocking some guys would say no thanks and stick with the indies.

Wrestling Observer Newsletter Nov 3, 2014 posted:

Rodriguez claimed that Myzteziz is getting $5,000 per match in Mexico (that sounds high, although he and Perro Aguayo Jr. were making money only the biggest names in WWE were making during the boom period many years ago) and doing two or three matches per week. He said the new hot guys in the company these days in WWE are making $500 per match. He said one wrestler told him (the hint would be one of the Usos, because he made it clear the guy had a brother, but it could by Wyatt) that he did a match on Superstars, a long match on Raw, a promo on Raw and then a dark match at the end of the show and got $500 for it. He talked about wrestlers getting $2,000 for a four-show tour of Mexico. He noted that the young guys are not unhappy about it, but not completely happy either, but have no choice.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Cactus Jack posted:

Alberto Del Rio was just talking about how guys were getting $500 a match and working on the main roster. Not exactly shocking some guys would say no thanks and stick with the indies.

I assume it's similar to the attitude TNA has: look you're on TV and we're making you "famous" so why should we have to pay you???

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

As others have said, developmental doesn't pay all that well (unless you are a guy HHH really really wants to sign), and WWE looks like the complete opposite of a fun place to work right about now. If you can make the same amount of money (or possibly more) on the indies without having to jump through all of WWE's hoops and deal with their bullshit, I can definitely see more than a few guys electing not to sign so they can maintain at least some form of control over their careers.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Well drat. I just really hate Joey Ryan, sorry guys. :shobon:

NXT rejecting Joey was a real knock back for him. But I honestly have haven't seen or heard anything to suggest that his tweets towards it are wrong.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

As others have said, developmental doesn't pay all that well (unless you are a guy HHH really really wants to sign), and WWE looks like the complete opposite of a fun place to work right about now. If you can make the same amount of money (or possibly more) on the indies without having to jump through all of WWE's hoops and deal with their bullshit, I can definitely see more than a few guys electing not to sign so they can maintain at least some form of control over their careers.

Sydney is on the money. Some people are in relationships, have close family, have nice side jobs or are studying too.

rovert fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Dec 11, 2014

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rovert posted:

NXT rejecting Joey was a real knock back for him. But I honestly have haven't seen or heard anything to suggest that his tweets towards it are wrong.

He just annoys me so it's my gut instinct to go :rolleyes:. He could be totally right. I acknowledge I might be wrong.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

rovert posted:

Sydney is on the money. Some people are in relationships, have close family, have nice side jobs or are studying too.

It could even be as simple as just not wanting to relocate to Tampa. There's any number of reasons why guys might decide to pass on a WWE contract.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Is the typical NXT deal still $500 a week?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Wasn't Devitt under contract when the WWE initially came knocking?

His contract was expiring. He actually worked dates for NJPW after his contract had expired while he was waiting for his paperwork to come through. By comparison Omega is only a couple of months into his deal.

Giant Bernard was the same, his contract was up and he had multiple offers on the table.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Well, I recall Daniel Bryan in 2010 thanking WWE for firing him because being there had raised his profile and he'd go on to make more money than he ever had. He also said that 2010 when he was working in the lower card was the least amount of money he'd made in years because he was making a good amount of money on the indies.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Wasn't that also ironically one of the things he credits with getting him back into the company? Vince actually apologized to him for having to fire him, and was impressed when Bryan thanked him instead because he was going to be able to use it for his own financial benefit?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I thought that was something they told guys when they cut them, that now that they've been on TV they'll make more money on the indies as Ex-WWE Superstar Bryan Danielson or whoever.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I saw Big Dave on Twitter complaining that certain dirt sheets won't print "Meltzer Driver". Which site is he talking about?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Luigi Thirty posted:

I thought that was something they told guys when they cut them, that now that they've been on TV they'll make more money on the indies as Ex-WWE Superstar Bryan Danielson or whoever.

No. They want you to think the only way to make money is to be in WWE and nowhere else.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Luigi Thirty posted:

I saw Big Dave on Twitter complaining that certain dirt sheets won't print "Meltzer Driver". Which site is he talking about?

PWInsider. They call it the "Spike Tombstone" and specifically never call it the Meltzer Driver.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
And yet they'll report on that Davey Meltzer jobber in UWF just fine!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I love how much Dave loves the Meltzer Driver. Dave should just start managing them.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Some dude on /wooo/ is saying that Uhaa was the one that turned down WWE's developmental contract.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

Some dude on /wooo/ is saying that Uhaa was the one that turned down WWE's developmental contract.

Looking at the New Day and every other non white/Samoan wrestler on the roster, yeah, good call.

NienNunb posted:

I love how much Dave loves the Meltzer Driver. Dave should just start managing them.

Only if he grows out his mullet, brings back the leather jacket and starts shouting "FIVE STARS" whenever The Young Bucks are on offence and starts deducting quarter stars for every minute the Bucks aren't on offence.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

KungFu Grip posted:

From this thread: http://boards.420chan.org/wooo/res/4160144.php ?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Gonzo McFee posted:

Looking at the New Day and every other non white/Samoan wrestler on the roster, yeah, good call.

Only if he grows out his mullet, brings back the leather jacket and starts shouting "FIVE STARS" whenever The Young Bucks are on offence and starts deducting quarter stars for every minute the Bucks aren't on offence.

This gimmick needs to happen. He could be like the Diamond Doll with her scorecards, but snowflakes.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Gonzo McFee posted:

Only if he grows out his mullet, brings back the leather jacket and starts shouting "FIVE STARS" whenever The Young Bucks are on offence and starts deducting quarter stars for every minute the Bucks aren't doing superkicks.

Much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

Probably for the best, dude us a walking wellness violation.