Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I ordered a 99 cent bumper from eBay on launch weekend. It never arrived. I asked them to send another, and that finally arrived last week.

Just on my 6, it makes the phone feel uncomfortably large, even though it's just a normal bumper. So after all that trouble, I'm left with a bumper that I don't even use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Josh Lyman posted:

I ordered a 99 cent bumper from eBay on launch weekend. It never arrived. I asked them to send another, and that finally arrived last week.

Just on my 6, it makes the phone feel uncomfortably large, even though it's just a normal bumper. So after all that trouble, I'm left with a bumper that I don't even use.

Cool story, bro. :cool:

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

ShoogaSlim posted:

Sleep/wake button directly opposite volume up is mildly annoying. For me it rarely has to do with taking photos but generally just locking the phone itself; sometimes I press both buttons.

Having had a 6 since launch day the one thing that I still mind is not being able to text that easily one handed while lazily laying in bed on my side. Also swipe to go back barely works for me using one hand. It was touted that they envisioned the curved glass side of the phone ever since they introduced the gesture on iOS 7 or whatever but the sides of the screen don't respond that well for me. Whether swiping to go back in the Awful app or even just scrolling alphabetically by artist in the Music app.

All of the problems people talk about make me laugh, because the iPhone 6 is one of the few products that is actually better designed for lefties than for righties. Swipe to go back, no problem. Hitting the top left corner where everyone keeps their settings tap zones? No problem. I've never accidentally hit the lock button because my hand doesn't naturally rest anywhere near it.

Left handed supremacy, basically.

wooly
Jun 5, 2005

Does anyone know/have a theory as to why the iPhone 6 has a magnet hidden behind the screen?

wooly
Jun 5, 2005

wooly posted:

Does anyone know/have a theory as to why the iPhone 6 has a magnet hidden behind the screen?

Oh... It appears to be the vibration motor. Thought I'd found something exciting.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Kalman posted:

All of the problems people talk about make me laugh, because the iPhone 6 is one of the few products that is actually better designed for lefties than for righties. Swipe to go back, no problem. Hitting the top left corner where everyone keeps their settings tap zones? No problem. I've never accidentally hit the lock button because my hand doesn't naturally rest anywhere near it.

Except for hitting any buttons on the top right (since top left is almost always the "back" button that swipe right does as well) in which case you have to use the awkward Reachability thing.

Amber Alert
Aug 28, 2009

fuk cyka

What he means to say is ambi's get all the good poo poo.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Kalman posted:

Interestingly enough I operate my phone with my left hand most of the time even though I'm a righty. I keep my phone in my left pocket and it just feels more natural because I need my right hand to do other things like open doors and swipe my metrocard and whatever else. I will agree that it is a bit easier to access some stuff left handed.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I do fairly regularly hit the power button when I am trying to hit the volume button to take a photo. Very annoying when it happens.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

smackfu posted:

I do fairly regularly hit the power button when I am trying to hit the volume button to take a photo. Very annoying when it happens.

Stop doing that.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I know, right? But when I turn the phone into landscape to take a photo, my thumb on the right hand just naturally falls on the power button.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
Couldn't find a 64GB iPhone 6 in my small city. Called like 5 different businesses that normally sell iPhone 6 but none of them had any in stock. I ordered from Apple.com a few days ago and it just shipped via UPS from China. I guess they weren't kidding about it being out of stock.

Do you all have the 16 or the 64? The memory choices/their respective prices are dumb and are a giant pad to Apple's profit margin.

Michael Scott fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Dec 9, 2014

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
I have a 16gb since I never got close to full capacity on my last iphone. But I tend to not have dozens of apps I only use once or twice and stream most of my music.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

noirstronaut posted:

Volume has priority since 8.1. So if you press them both at the same time, it'll take a picture.

Well how about that.

Emissary666
Sep 6, 2010

Just got a new iPhone 6 this morning. A few minutes ago I somehow intercepted someone else's text conversation starting at 2:30, but my phone didn't tell me I had any texts until any texts around 4:40. At some point the person whom the text was supposed to go to entered the conversation and it appeared (at least from my end) that both of our texts were coming from the same person.
Is this a known issue or is something wrong with my phone?

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

Did you get a brand new phone with a new number?

If so maybe your phone number was tied to someone else's iMessage account. You could try deregistering it by turning iMessage off on your phone (settings > messages), going to this URL and following the directions, and then re-register it as yourself by turning iMessage back on.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage

Emissary666
Sep 6, 2010

kitten smoothie posted:

Did you get a brand new phone with a new number?

If so maybe your phone number was tied to someone else's iMessage account. You could try deregistering it by turning iMessage off on your phone (settings > messages), going to this URL and following the directions, and then re-register it as yourself by turning iMessage back on.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage

No, same number as before.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I'm a dummy ... This should be in iPad thread.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Dec 11, 2014

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Are there any good transparent cases for the iphone6?

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Still enjoying the 6 a lot. Wish the bezels were thinner and battery was better.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Vintimus Prime posted:

Still enjoying the 6 a lot. Wish the bezels were thinner and battery was better.

What's wrong with your battery? Does it last the whole day?

I am on it almost all day long, streaming music/facebook/etc. and it still has over 10-15% when I get home at night.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Vintimus Prime posted:

Cool man. Very cool.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

goodness posted:

I am on it almost all day long, streaming music/facebook/etc. and it still has over 10-15% when I get home at night.

Do you have some magic battery?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Look for case mate.

noirstronaut posted:

I get solid battery life. Usually at 30% at end of the day. Granted I don't do much video streaming, but still find its fine.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
My battery would be beyond dead if I didn't charge it in my car when using Spotify. I only use Facebook through Safari because of potential battery drain too.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Yeah, that probably drains the battery fast because chances are you'll be going through areas with lovely cell reception. Using the internet during train rides would kill the battery something fierce from what I remember.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

goodness posted:

Nothing is wrong, it does get me through the day. Just in general, I'd rather have a slightly thicker iPhone with better battery life. Hoping that in the next generation of phone and iOS, we will see some of that.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Cell tower searching does destroy battery life. I went camping last weekend in an area with shoddy reception, so it was constantly switching from no signal to 1 bar. i went to sleep with 70% and woke up 6 hours later with 15% on my 6+.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

http://www.amazon.com/Incipio-NGP%C2%AE-iPhone-Plus-Translucent/dp/B00MUQ9V1Q/ This is one I've found. Big fan of the Incipio brand.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Cool man. Very cool.

gently caress off. People can discuss things in a discussion thread on a forum.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Cool man. Very cool.
lol you're a worse poster than me, if that's even possible.

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006

noirstronaut posted:

My battery would be beyond dead if I didn't charge it in my car when using Spotify.

Spotify hungers.

I don't know if they're using Adobe tools (like they are/were on desktop) or what, but having used all the major streaming services, Spotify's the one that will suck a battery dry in no time flat.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Whirlwind Jones posted:

lol you're a worse poster than me, if that's even possible.

It's very possible.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

Just a working phone without 50+ apps open at the same time.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

wooly posted:

Don't put hotel key cards on top of the phone or it'll erase the keycard.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Going to Disney next week and between their Magicbands and my phone, I won't have to carry (or worry about) my wallet at all. The future rules.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

Bottom Liner posted:

Going to Disney next week and between their Magicbands and my phone, I won't have to carry (or worry about) my wallet at all. The future rules.

Unless you want to buy booze, because they'll still ask for ID. :(

The Disney iOS app is pretty awesome for queuing up a bunch of theme park fastpasses while you're there.

Evor 3
Feb 19, 2010
Twelve South's Bookbook cases for the iPhone six and 6+ just went up

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Evor 3 posted:

Twelve South's Bookbook cases for the iPhone six and 6+ just went up

Those things were always for weirdos anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Michael Scott posted:

Those things were always for weirdos anyways.

Yeah, to each their own and all, but I always thought it was kinda goofy to be carrying around an antique book phone case/wallet.