Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Rhyno posted:

The collar might just look different because of how it is placed on the dummy versus how it looks when actually worn.

Maybe, I know they have very different states of wear and tear so that may be a factor as well even if they're the "same" suit (from different times). Wells' suit is clearly a lot older and more worn, to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

DOOP posted:

I hate time travel plots

It's fairly simple RF is a crazy Flash stalker fan from the future. He replicates the powers and travels back in time using a custom time jump suit made to take on the Flash in his prime but misses the first then he jumps again frying the suit's time travel capabilities. Problem is his first jump butterfly effects the time stream and the Flash doesn't have power, he's some doctor with a wife and kid and the wrong name even. Wells freaks out kills the Not-Flash's wife and frames him for the murder. Then he begins a new quest to make a new Flash, a better flash the original flash is too old but his son, his son will make a wonderful Flash for him to kill.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I can't wait till the flash runs at light speed

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SirDan3k posted:

It's fairly simple RF is a crazy Flash stalker fan from the future. He replicates the powers and travels back in time using a custom time jump suit made to take on the Flash in his prime but misses the first then he jumps again frying the suit's time travel capabilities. Problem is his first jump butterfly effects the time stream and the Flash doesn't have power, he's some doctor with a wife and kid and the wrong name even. Wells freaks out kills the Not-Flash's wife and frames him for the murder. Then he begins a new quest to make a new Flash, a better flash the original flash is too old but his son, his son will make a wonderful Flash for him to kill.

I actually figured that Reverse Flash hasn't even killed Nora yet, and when a couple of different people said,"You murdered Nora Allen when her son Barry was a child!" and he didn't reply, it was because he was thinking,"Did I? Guess I better get onto that!"

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Jerusalem posted:

I actually figured that Reverse Flash hasn't even killed Nora yet, and when a couple of different people said,"You murdered Nora Allen when her son Barry was a child!" and he didn't reply, it was because he was thinking,"Did I? Guess I better get onto that!"

RF said "your mother was fated to die that night" or something similar to Barry, so if he hasn't killed her yet, he knows that he's going to?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Whoa,

It's Detective West's fault that Norah is dead. He asked the RF about it and that's where he got the idea for it. It's all Joe's fault.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Which ties back to the IMDb listing of Joe as the RF. He said those things about Barry's mum to pass information on, like Wells.

If you are going to mention that they are different ethnicities then the answer is speedforce

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Possible spoilerific behind the scenes picture of Robbie Amell

That thing on his chest looks suspiciously similar to the one on Firestorm's suit :flashfap:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
By "suspiciously" you mean "a direct translation of imagery from the comics" right?

Cute n Popular
Oct 12, 2012
RF and Wells are both stranded in the present after RF murders Nora. Wells is Barry from the future and that's why he's obsessed with making Barry a better Flash to prevent the murder and/or some future event he failed to stop. RF is likely future Eddie and that's why he stops to take a look at his past self instead of immediately killing him/ignoring him all together. RF had a line where he mentions finally meeting Wells that was sarcastic and referred to Wells taking on a new identity. Wells probably either made a clone of or a fake tachyon device for RF. They also both lost their powers due to some sort of science fuckery and RF recently regained it with the particle accelerator thing.

This is the only explanation I could think of with it being super convoluted and confusing.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Wells has harvested all the MotW powers and has Multiplex powers too, obviously.

AshB
Sep 16, 2007

tin can made man posted:

One thing which I haven't seen mentioned here or by characters in the show is that Zoom very deliberately makes a situation where he can beat the hell out of Wells in front of an audience, with no interruption. There's absolutely no reason for him to run back into the forcefield during its fluctuation except to lay down that beating while everyone is forced to helplessly watch. Is this for misdirection, as others have suggested? Does Zoom, if it's not Wells, have a vendetta against Wells?

Maybe he wanted them to deactivate the force field so he could take the tachyon particle device out of it? The force field would probably prevent him from carrying that out safely.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Possible spoilerific behind the scenes picture of Robbie Amell

That thing on his chest looks suspiciously similar to the one on Firestorm's suit :flashfap:

I was wondering if they were going to drop the transmutation powers all together and just stick to fire, but if he's got an atom on his chest then it would make sense to keep the elemental theme. Also, it's cool how they're using a practical light up effect on his costume there. I wonder if that will be enhanced with CGI before broadcast.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

hiddenriverninja posted:

One more request please:

The street-level streaking through the city avatar sized

its not great

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

McDragon posted:

In an amazing twist, Barry's dad is Reverse Flash, and he actually did kill his wife.

I half-expect something like this, though not by intention - like Barry's dad tries to defend his wife and RF puts her in the proverbial line of fire at the last second or whatever.

zoux posted:

Well he was investigating it because of the Yellow Blur which is probably a time travelling dude. I wonder if the experiment that killed Wells' wife was a small scale particle accelerator thing that gave him powers though.

The way it's been setup, he seems to rely on the suit for his powers, so I doubt that there was a different particle accelerator malfunction or whatever that gave him powers, and this ties in nicely to Wells' reaction and response to Joe's theory along those lines. Wells can honestly claim no metahumans existed before the explosion because RF is not a metahuman.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Valeyard posted:

its not great

thanks, totally getting this my next paycheck!

now i need a title for it...

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

Habibi posted:

Wells can honestly claim no metahumans existed before the explosion because RF is not a metahuman.

Or Wells/RF is from the future and did not exist before the explosion

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

Or Wells/RF is from the future and did not exist before the explosion

Lots of things are possible.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I think that after the Reactor explosion, Wells really DID lose the use of his legs. And between then and now he used the RF suit to heal himself, but for some reason he wasn't able to do this when it first happened

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Valeyard posted:

I think that after the Reactor explosion, Wells really DID lose the use of his legs. And between then and now he used the RF suit to heal himself, but for some reason he wasn't able to do this when it first happened

I think he stood up at the end of the first episode so it'd have to be while Barry was in a coma.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

computer parts posted:

I think he stood up at the end of the first episode so it'd have to be while Barry was in a coma.

Unless there's another Wells running around! Or rolling around as it may be.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Some Numbers posted:

RF said "your mother was fated to die that night" or something similar to Barry, so if he hasn't killed her yet, he knows that he's going to?

One of the interpretations of the Reverse Flash was essentially that. Basically he was a guy in the far future who became a fan of the Flash and in the course of studying the era and The Flash's enemies he figures out that he was the Reverse Flash and the implications drive him nuts. He has to travel back into time and become a villain or causality breaks, he can't deviate from the script even a little and considered himself a prisoner of fate.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

DOOP posted:

I hate time travel plots

You're watching the wrong show then my friend.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think they may be blending the Reverse Flash and Zoom somewhat for the tv version as we've seen Wells protecting the Flash and working against him behind the scenes.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Rhyno posted:

I think they may be blending the Reverse Flash and Zoom somewhat for the tv version as we've seen Wells protecting the Flash and working against him behind the scenes.

I think it's pretty clear that he tc Reverse Flash is an amalgam between Thawne and Zoom.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.
I just want Wells to somehow be a good guy. :smith:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Bozart posted:

Do you know how many Averngers started out as Avengers foes? Like, most of the roster.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Bozart posted:

To be fair, he only shanked one dude who was, like, a douchebag.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Flesh Forge posted:

To be fair, he only shanked one dude who was, like, a douchebag.

But Plastique and Girder dying are both indirectly his doing, and everyone that died when the reactor malfunctioned are his responsibility as well because it's clear he caused the accident. And he's done everything the Reverse Flash will do, which probably makes him pretty drat awful.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Spatula City posted:

But Plastique and Girder dying are both indirectly his doing, and everyone that died when the reactor malfunctioned are his responsibility as well because it's clear he caused the accident. And he's done everything the Reverse Flash will do, which probably makes him pretty drat awful.

He has future knowledge. Maybe they all become Hitlers.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
There's plenty of time for Wells to have a redemption arc, but there's a lot of other threats that there's no reason to make him the entire long-plot. I'd like to see Grodd to be a season threat between the villain of the week episodes, as well.

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I really enjoyed the whole "MAKE YOU BETTER" Zoom stuff in the Flash comics. So I'm really digging that they have RF/Zoom going that route. Tragedy will only make him stronger.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Didn't see this anywhere:

"Doctor Wells" from Super Friends, apparently

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Dec 13, 2014

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I generally despise time travel plots, since they give the writers a thousand ways to undo important decisions.

But I have faith that they'll immediately place restrictions on the time travel nonsense as soon as it explicitly appears.

Also, kudos to whoever guessed that Wells was telling RF about Thawne with his whole "DETECTIVE THAWNE GO DO THIS THING" schpiel. No idea how that factors in, but I'm certain that was a key moment.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Just a crazy theory. But when Wells asked who the Arrow was, and then was denied and answer, but then later name dropped Oliver it could shed some light on if he is from the future. If he was from the future he would've already known Oliver Queen was the Arrow just because Oliver sucks at keeping his identity a secret and literally everyone but Lance and Thea know he is the loving Arrow. Even his mom knew, Jesus.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Windows 98 posted:

Just a crazy theory. But when Wells asked who the Arrow was, and then was denied and answer, but then later name dropped Oliver it could shed some light on if he is from the future. If he was from the future he would've already known Oliver Queen was the Arrow just because Oliver sucks at keeping his identity a secret and literally everyone but Lance and Thea know he is the loving Arrow. Even his mom knew, Jesus.

I think he knew he had to put on a show, because if he just knew Oliver was the Arrow, that would look a lot more suspicious than asking Felicity (telling her he doesn't know) and then name dropping him later.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Some Numbers posted:

I think he knew he had to put on a show, because if he just knew Oliver was the Arrow, that would look a lot more suspicious than asking Felicity (telling her he doesn't know) and then name dropping him later.

Well that's what I mean. The mere fact that he already knows it could be from knowledge of the future seeing how Oliver sucks balls at keeping his identity a secret.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Barry isn't either.

"Oh you are the girlfriend if one of Arrow's friends? I'm the Flash!"

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Barry isn't either.

Barry subconsciously wants his identity to be outed so that Iris can know he's the Flash without breaking his promise to his surrogate father. "Oh, I didn't tell her, I just told literally everybody else."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stayne Falls
Aug 11, 2007
Everything was beautiful

hiddenriverninja posted:

thanks, totally getting this my next paycheck!

now i need a title for it...

Wouldn't your current one fit just as well?

• Locked thread