Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
God I hope it is Slade who saves him. I saw some blog post about him being on the show again (I assumed probably in a flashback thing though).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Well I think he was kind of specifically talking about military tech, which kind of makes a little more sense than just "MICROPROCESSORS! GET IT?" But I just took it as a nod to the fact that he shrinks or whatever in the comics, since I think they said he wouldn't be doing any of that on the show.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

hcreight posted:

Nope. He's set to return later this season, but not this early.

Don't ruin this for me! :smith:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
So um, you'd think that Roy would have some kind of reaction after hearing that his ex girlfriend just murdered his mentor's ex girlfriend. Nope!

And what the hell were those swords Ollie picked? Are those real? They looked like something out of the Power Rangers.

(I actually enjoyed the episode a lot, especially Ra's.)

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

dreffen posted:

Don't ruin this for me! :smith:

It'd be awesome for Slade to drag him off that mountain and nurse Oliver back to health just so he can taunt him a second time.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Krad posted:

So um, you'd think that Roy would have some kind of reaction after hearing that his ex girlfriend just murdered his mentor's ex girlfriend. Nope!

And what the hell were those swords Ollie picked? Are those real? They looked like something out of the Power Rangers.

(I actually enjoyed the episode a lot, especially Ra's.)

They both murdered some chumps while under the influence of drugs. They can bond over this!

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Before we learned about the drug I thought Thea was just being ice cold with the whole "Sara's alive, not dead, right?" to Laurel.

Tough to say the exact way they'll take Ollie's survival or resurrection, but I wouldn't rule out a big time skip some point down the line. Gives Laurel, Roy, and Thea time to get trained up and also ages up the love child with that girl in Central City. If they introduce that kid as a nine-year-old that Ollie needs to start parenting this show's in trouble.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Problem is there's two shows now. If they want to time skip one of them and still cross them over, they have to time skip both of them.

overtone
Jul 26, 2001
t(o_ot)

greatn posted:

Problem is there's two shows now. If they want to time skip one of them and still cross them over, they have to time skip both of them.

I don't think we'll see another crossover for a while.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

yronic heroism posted:

Before we learned about the drug I thought Thea was just being ice cold with the whole "Sara's alive, not dead, right?" to Laurel.

Tough to say the exact way they'll take Ollie's survival or resurrection, but I wouldn't rule out a big time skip some point down the line. Gives Laurel, Roy, and Thea time to get trained up and also ages up the love child with that girl in Central City. If they introduce that kid as a nine-year-old that Ollie needs to start parenting this show's in trouble.

It would be sorta neat if they do a big gap for the last few episodes of Arrow's season, then Barry flips out for some reason in the season finale of Flash and travels [gap length of time] into the future, fixing the offset between shows.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Well this is where the shared universe with Flash puts some restrictions, right? Unless that show has its own time skip

Edit: I see this has been brought up, if only I could jump back in time

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Edit: I see this has been brought up, if only I could jump back in time

Have you tried running on a treadmill really fast?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I just realized that now that Quentin is a captain we're less likely to get a scene where he's face to face with Ra's and Ra's refers to him as "Detective".

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

jscolon2.0 posted:

Physics question. Why did only Felicity's clothes burn up?

Her blouse is not made of goes fast.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

overtone posted:

I don't think we'll see another crossover for a while.

Both eps were ratings hits for their respective shows so I would bet they'll do one a season.

Last weeks ep was a 1.4 in the demo, the best ever. Last night's was a 1.0.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I just realized that now that Quentin is a captain we're less likely to get a scene where he's face to face with Ra's and Ra's refers to him as "Detective".

If there is one thing about this show that I am certain, no matter what happens, everyone will continue to refer to Quentin as detective.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I'm just hoping that leg is either Shiva's or Cheshire's.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

I don't think Kelly Hu's going to play two different characters.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
It's Tommy :zombie:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

My bet is on Sportsmaster.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
This is loving awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlIMDexjTRU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Whizbang posted:

Her blouse is not made of goes fast.

I am going to beat you and I guarantee you will not heal at super speed

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Holy poo poo.

I re watched the episode this evening while I was cooking and I got to say I think the music when Ra's was whispering his prayer to Ollie could've been dropped and it would've been for the better. I liked that they didn't have music for the fight, having it after felt like it was distracting.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Well we know something bad happened to the Hong Kong family to make his old partner seek out the assassins, so maybe the leg we see is Katana or her son (if either of them lived).

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
The leg is either his HK friend or Barrowman (so he can finish the job with Ra's).

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Eddain posted:

Well we know something bad happened to the Hong Kong family to make his old partner seek out the assassins, so maybe the leg we see is Katana or her son (if either of them lived).

I just started following Arrow because of Flash, so Asian mom is also an Assassin?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Japanese, unconfirmed what she was, i'm tipping she or he were Yakuza, disgraced and on the run.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Xealot posted:

"The murderer's name is...uh, Kyle Nimbus. He's this guy who may or may not be able to will himself into a gaseous volume of cyanide. Good luck?"

Barry can punch someone at over 760mph. Ra's would still beat him because Plot Reasons...but realistically, a ~150 pound Barry punching a guy at 760mph would literally rip that guy's head off his body. Even at a lower speed, pretty much any hit Barry connected would be like the force of a car crash dispelled over a fist-sized area.

Flash tends to undersell that physical reality. Because it would be extremely horrifying if Barry accidentally shattered a bank robbers' sternum and destroyed his internal organs.

"Woo! Cisco, I got him!"
"Take that, Captain Mischief--- wait, holy gently caress, Barry, gently caress! What did you?!? Jesus!"

There's no speed force, punching someone at 760mph would have near the same effect on Barry. Remember how he to punch the one dude in the exact right place or he'd gib himself?

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Heh, I just realized Oliver got the wish he made to Diggle.

'I don't want to die down here.' At least he didn't die in the Arrowcave Quiver!

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Why is no one talking abou the biggest reveal of the episode? The Omega virus. Darkseid and Final Crisis confirmed for season 4. :unsmigghh:

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Perhaps Oliver might have done better if he had swung at R'as's body, instead of swinging around his head. He never goes for center mass. There's a reason why they say to go for center mass, Ollie. And swinging for the same spot with both swords probably didn't help, since it made them easier to dodge.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

hiddenriverninja posted:

I just started following Arrow because of Flash, so Asian mom is also an Assassin?

No, she's Tatsu aka Katana (from DC Outsiders). Though they haven't specifically made her out to be Katana even though she cut down an entire gang of Triads a few episodes back. (spoilered just in case)

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Scyantific posted:

You know for all this talk about the Lazarus pit, it's real easy to forget that we already have a miracle drug in Oliver's super miracle cure-all herb from Lian Yu.

Throughout the series that herb has:
-Cured Oliver on the island from various poisons and injuries
-Cured Slade's infected bullet wound
-Cured Diggle's Curare-laced bullet wound
-Cured Merlyn's Curare-laced bullet wound
-Cured Sara from a lethal dose of League snake poison

Pretty sure that thing is still going to be useful down the road.

Anyway, here's a promo video for tomorrow (spoilers, obviously)
Really liking how they're so into linking Flash and Arrow, as evidenced by one of Felicity's screens with the headline "STAR Labs Attacked by Yellow Blur"

Man good call. (I haven't read up on the thread but I'm assuming everyone's noticed that Ollie packed one of his little herb pouches along with him when he went to go fight Ra's, right? either that or it was a nice cotton bag of mp3s to listen to on the flight but that doesn't seem likely)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Krad posted:

Why is no one talking abou the biggest reveal of the episode? The Omega virus. Darkseid and Final Crisis confirmed for season 4. :unsmigghh:

Darkseid is after the Anti-Life Equation and he can fire Omega Beams from his eyes.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They just found the anti-life equation though. Sword through lung + kicked off cliff = Anti-life

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Omega Beams

...That's English for Oh Meh Gah!!!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

zoux posted:

...That's English for Oh Meh Gah!!!

I was thinking that line had to be a joke about "Mirakuru".

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Has anybody theorized that the foot from the January promo may be.... Tommy? DUN DUN DUNNNNN

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Has anybody theorized that the foot from the January promo may be.... Tommy? DUN DUN DUNNNNN

Counting down until Hcreight posts spoilerscasting news to tell us why this isn't going to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Amell posted about him being present for filming the 60th episode.

• Locked thread