Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

Anatharon posted:

It seems entirely arbitrary what something's worth. Like, my Awesomenauts trading cards were worth 8 gems.

More cards for a badge = less gems per card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free do to anything"

Anatharon posted:

I thought that was just regular buying. Is there no way to use the old method of buying now?

It seems entirely arbitrary what something's worth. Like, my Awesomenauts trading cards were worth 8 gems.

Not to my knowledge, but maybe others can weigh in?

Edit: Aaaaand... the gem item is back, but my buy order is still missing. And no way of putting in a new buy order.

Downs Duck fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Dec 12, 2014

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Has someone written a script for trying to buy gems yet? I've got 3 steambux and I'm looking to convert.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
Managed to get another buy order in. Refresh page after a few minutes and that one's gone as well. Bumpy ride, thus far.

0lives
Nov 1, 2012

Downs Duck posted:

Managed to get another buy order in. Refresh page after a few minutes and that one's gone as well. Bumpy ride, thus far.
Yeah all three of my buy orders have disappeared.

Lonely Rolling Star
Mar 20, 2009

Better than a crowbar.
For 600 gems I just crafted a booster pack for an anime game that was worth $4. Abuse it while you can guys.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Lonely Rolling Star posted:

For 600 gems I just crafted a booster pack for an anime game that was worth $4. Abuse it while you can guys.

:hf:

I've made $20 :laffo:

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005

If they didn't remove the buy orders all the time, I sure would. :v:

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS
:negative:
Why won't you let me buy your sweet, succulent gem packs, Steam?

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

I've just managed to buy 10 bags of gems at 3p each! Refresh and keep trying is the key.

Krispy Kremepie
Mar 23, 2005

Inside......Me....
Until you buy order disappears and the sale never goes through.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

Wait -- how do gems let you craft a booster pack?

Edit: never mind-- complete failure to scroll down the page on my part.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Come on dudes, make Saints Row 4 booster packs crazy expensive so I can sell this poo poo and Get Rich Quick! ™

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS

McCoy Pauley posted:

Wait -- how do gems let you craft a booster pack?

http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards/boostercreator/

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

I made 10 boosters so far. :coffee: Best thing is that you can do it all over again tomorrow, once more.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Is there a way to sort the steam market by price?

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS
Which games have super valuable boosters?

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005

Jamfrost posted:

Anything anime I bet.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
Finally. 300k gems for 15 NOK. Nice.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Anatharon posted:

Is there a way to sort the steam market by price?

Search Booster, then click the Price tab.

I'm out of that game and trying to make money on the actual currency/gems. Too bad buying/selling is absolutely hosed right now.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I dunno about super valuable, but Pinball arcade seems like a good one to get if you've ever spent money on it.

Any of the online ones that normally give cards for money spent seem like decent choices.

Also anime.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
The price of cards is going to tank even harder.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Jamfrost posted:

Did any one of you play the Marvelous Miss Take?

I have. It's a cute little stealth game which forces you to actually think about what you're doing instead of running around like a lunatic.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
A friend of mine has some anime thing called Open Canvas. I got her to make a booster and it sold for almost $10. :eyepop:

Games I don't own but have buy orders for more than a dollar:

BloodRayne
Supreme Ruler 1936
Pyrite Heart

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Dec 12, 2014

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Jordan7hm posted:

I dunno about super valuable, but Pinball arcade seems like a good one to get if you've ever spent money on it.

This one seriously. And I was all amped up thinking that I'd found a loophole until I realized that you could only do it once per day. But it's like $.60 if you sell the three cards from the booster. I guess you could sell the booster too but they don't exactly sell that quickly, if at all.

TheCoon
Mar 3, 2009

I just spent a while going through this. Sorted by price and made a killing making boosters.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005

The Joe Man posted:

Search Booster, then click the Price tab.

I'm out of that game and trying to make money on the actual currency/gems. Too bad buying/selling is absolutely hosed right now.

Does it have that small strip showing you have the game for that booster pack in your library?

0lives
Nov 1, 2012

Jamfrost posted:

Road Not Taken has a booster for over 70 cents. If you have that game. It's fun!

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Anyone here played The Talos Principal? It has been getting some buzz so I am kind of interested.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

How are you crafting booster packs?

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Just a reminder that instead of playing the market/gem game for ~$2 profit, you can win a $50 spending spree for first place, Wasteland 2 for second place, or a choice of a game for third place in the 3rd of 6 contests we have in the 3.14th Annual Festivus Giftorama.
The current recipe/holiday food mash-up contest closes tomorrow, and there's only been on entry:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3685260&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=4#post438722586

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Downs Duck posted:

Does it have that small strip showing you have the game for that booster pack in your library?

poo poo, no, but that totally explains why some games aren't on the list. Apparently you can't craft a booster for a game you don't own.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
Are you guys just selling the cards in the booster pack youre buying, how are you flipping quickly?

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
Am I bad at math or is this the worst promo they've ever done. Looking at my cards it seems like the ratio is apx 1 cent per gem(for cards, other tiems are higher but it's still worth more to just sell them than gem them), and the items at auction are way higher than the cost of the item in the store. Even with the rarer items I don't see who could possibly benefit from taking part in this, even people who farm cards. It doesn't seem to show the 100th ranked bid (since all the items are 100 copies?) but I'd wager it's still higher than the cost of buying the game normally. What the gently caress

Relin fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Dec 12, 2014

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005

Ragequit posted:

How are you crafting booster packs?

Click on the banner on the front page on Steam and roll down, there should be a link there.

Here you go: http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards/boostercreator/

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS

Testekill posted:

I have. It's a cute little stealth game which forces you to actually think about what you're doing instead of running around like a lunatic.
Good to know. Having a single player stealing game would be nice since none of my friends play Monaco.

Anatharon posted:

A friend of mine has some anime thing called Open Canvas. I got her to make a booster and it sold for almost $10. :eyepop:

:smithcloud:
I did get to sell one or $.39 though, so that's nice.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005

The Joe Man posted:

poo poo, no, but that totally explains why some games aren't on the list. Apparently you can't craft a booster for a game you don't own.

Maybe going to Badges and sort by Highest Drop Value is better?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

The Joe Man posted:

I knew buying poo poo like Cherry Tree High would pay off eventually.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005

Justin_Brett posted:

I knew buying poo poo like Cherry Tree High would pay off eventually.

I never thought I would regret not buying Sakura Spirit, Go-Go Nippon and its ilk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
gimme ALL the gems

• Locked thread