Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Don Lapre posted:

The pc version had 8gb of video and 3gb of audio though, the rest was better textures if i remember correctly.

Exactly. Even worst-case scenario for your numbers, that's still a minimum of like 10 gigs of textures. Specifically, 10 gigs more than whatever the texture size on the PS3 version is (which itself is bigger than the 360's).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

univbee posted:

Exactly. Even worst-case scenario for your numbers, that's still a minimum of like 10 gigs of textures. Specifically, 10 gigs more than whatever the texture size on the PS3 version is (which itself is bigger than the 360's).

Isn't only the only enhanced game halo 2? though in the MCC?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
brosefs EVERY Halo is enhanced by the snap-in features offered only on Xbox One(r)

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

brosefs EVERY Halo is enhanced by the snap-in features offered only on Xbox One(r)

BEHOLD THE TRIPLE KILL

http://xboxdvr.com/InvadeFranceNow/943dbb82-2d2c-44e7-98d0-8521819b4b54

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Thats is action packed.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Don Lapre posted:

Thats is action packed.

headlights go up headlights go down headlights go up

http://xboxdvr.com/InvadeFranceNow/c24caf1c-cf2b-4015-b88c-ba9dacdff84f

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

COD sales down 25% over last year is lol.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Don Lapre posted:

People get burnt out, even over the biggest serieseses. They need to slow it down a bit or it's going to burst like the guitar hero / rock band bubble did.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
Everyone assuming the console is going to jump back up in January is going to be surprised at a permanent price drop to $299.99 including Sunset Overdrive & Forza 2. I know this because my uncle works at Nintendo.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

LLJKSiLk posted:

Everyone assuming the console is going to jump back up in January is going to be surprised at a permanent price drop to $299.99 including Sunset Overdrive & Forza 2. I know this because my uncle works at Nintendo.

*in a cool guy rapper voice*
aw snap

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I am literally unit oh well

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

In school i learned everyones uncle works for nintendo, nintendo and neo geo

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

Don Lapre posted:

So looking at game sizes

Halo is ~600mb

Halo 2 is ~4gb

Halo 3 is ~6gb

Halo 4 is ~7gb

So that gives us what 18gb rounded up?

Where is all the extra space coming from?

Remastered sounds and music in Halo1/2 and the VODs for Halo2 would be taking up a decent amount of space I imagine. And all the extra PC maps.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Zinkraptor posted:

People get burnt out, even over the biggest serieseses. They need to slow it down a bit or it's going to burst like the guitar hero / rock band bubble did.

they'll just hype up a clone with a new gimmick and name. they gotta milk cod now for all its worth.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

Real hurthling! posted:

200-400k is a hilarious number that i would be legit surprised by. that's more than 2-3 months of Sony lead erased.

Was to be expected when you have the best software, apps, games and price. Don't forget that lead is just for the US. The xbone also outsold the PS4 in the UK.

It's going to be a bloodbath now until March when Bloodborne is released, PS4 literally has nothing new until then.

Now with over 11 million happy gamers, we should start to see some network effect too.

:lol: at everyone believing cboat and his 7-10k lead post. So much delusion

I wonder if the WiiU beat out the PS4 as well?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

hanyolo posted:

Was to be expected when you have the best software, apps, games and price.

but the wii u sold the worst :shrug:

hanyolo posted:

Now with over 11 million happy gamers

lmao

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Pathos posted:

This is one thing I really appreciate: you're able to post impressions of the Bone that seem awfully realistic. Crafty exists in some sort of Major Nelson BDSM fantasy, so I appreciate your candor about this stuff.

Did you get the Kinect version? If so, how is that whole thing? If not, does it feel like something is missing from the experience, or was it really just that tacked on?

Yeah, Univbee's one of the few bone owners that doesn't come off as pushing an agenda.

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006
He's the only one not emotionally invested in it.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Argas posted:

Yeah, Univbee's one of the few bone owners that doesn't come off as pushing an agenda.

Lmao

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

hanyolo posted:

until March when Bloodborne is released, PS4 literally has nothing new until then.

Neither does the Bone unless you count CHAOS;CHILD. :v:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A part of me wants a xbone for Halo MCC and then I remembered I could just play Destiny and get the same thing plus with working multiplayer.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I said come in! posted:

A part of me wants a xbone for Halo MCC and then I remembered I could just play Destiny and get the same thing plus with working multiplayer.

I've got both games. Guess which one I'm keeping. Hint: not destiny

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ethanol posted:

I've got both games. Guess which one I'm keeping. Hint: not destiny

Answer should be neither.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

I said come in! posted:

Except Destiny's PVP modes get kind of boring if you like objectives. (Like CTF or oddball.)

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006
It's hard to sell broken stuff.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
Thought I'd check the Amazon charts for December to see if this was just a Black Friday win:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2014-12/videogames?tag=viglink20241-20#1

quote:

#1 - Xbox One - Assassins Creed Bundle
#40 - PS4

:crafty:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

hanyolo posted:

Thought I'd check the Amazon charts for December to see if this was just a Black Friday win:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2014-12/videogames?tag=viglink20241-20#1

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

hanyolo posted:

Remastered sounds and music in Halo1/2 and the VODs for Halo2 would be taking up a decent amount of space I imagine. And all the extra PC maps.

PC versions of both, for reference (the maps don't take up dick worth of space)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It was a good run while it lasted but the Xbone has won.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Only 710k more units to go and then it's neck and neck in the US :toot:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

I can see that being doable. >300k lead in December then ~150k for Jan, Feb, March. Definitely a massive turnaround from being almost 2:1. Hopefully sony Panic and do a pricedrop for Bloodborne or a bundle with a Bravia TV and I can pick up a cheap PS4 and a new TV! :v:

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Don Lapre posted:

That's because AW sucks dick. Which is pretty funny because Ghosts sucks dick as well.

Last good CoD was Blops2.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

hanyolo posted:

Was to be expected when you have the best software, apps, games and price. Don't forget that lead is just for the US. The xbone also outsold the PS4 in the UK.

It's going to be a bloodbath now until March when Bloodborne is released, PS4 literally has nothing new until then.

Now with over 11 million happy gamers, we should start to see some network effect too.

:lol: at everyone believing cboat and his 7-10k lead post. So much delusion

I wonder if the WiiU beat out the PS4 as well?

Jesus Christ dude did you sell your soul to Steve Ballmer or something?

Or are you trying to be a much less crafty Crafty?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

CheeseFactory posted:

That's because AW sucks dick. Which is pretty funny because Ghosts sucks dick as well.

Last good CoD was Blops2.

wrong, there has never been a good CoD

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

CheeseFactory posted:

Jesus Christ dude did you sell your soul to Steve Ballmer or something?

Or are you trying to be a much less crafty Crafty?

dude overtook crafty a long time ago

Crafty's better at the smug, this guy's better at the official unpaid shill thing

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

ethanol posted:

wrong, there has never been a good CoD

MW2 + Blops + MW3 = COD Glory Days :911:

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
Yes the guy who owns and posts news about the console he bought and enjoys in the xbox one thread is an unpaid shill. You got me

Coming from the guys who are so angry at the xbox like their stock options depend on it they just can't help but post about it. You know you could just not open this thead?

Speaking of news, transparent tiles are on the way :woop:

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

hanyolo posted:

Yes the guy who owns and posts news about the console he bought and enjoys in the xbox one thread is an unpaid shill. You got me

Coming from the guys who are so angry at the xbox like their stock options depend on it they just can't help but post about it. You know you could just not open this thead?

Speaking of news, transparent tiles are on the way :woop:

It's good to see them porting over Windows 10 command line features to the bone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

It's good to see them porting over Windows 10 command line features to the bone.

Did you get official numbers yet? Tom warren placed the bone at 1.2 Million units sold. I'm guessing that's WW

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/543209999393361920

• Locked thread