Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Wolverine's white fudge sounds delicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
I wonder if they have Mystique's chocolate starfish?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

DrBouvenstein posted:

That's How to, Batman! (Or at least smeone cosplaying as him.)

Fake edit: Welp, nevermind. He WAS that large, but actually lost most of the weight:

So good for him?

That's fcking amazing. I couldn't lose weight at the rate if I used a chainsaw.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

spog posted:

Sure you could. To be fat like that takes a lot of eating and a lot of laziness, all he has to do it stop eating so much and be less sedentary.

Source: I lost 120 pounds in 12 months by not eating fast food and going to the gym a few times per week.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

spog posted:

The fatter you are the faster you lose weight just by not being a fast food hulking couch loaf.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Hamburlgar posted:

Blueberry.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Hamburlgar posted:

Here's the whole set. You want some of Magneto's dark chocolate?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Just one of the many attractions at "China's Disneyland".

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

The MSJ posted:

Really theres a black guy on the bag and they don't name it after him

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Cheeky buggers!

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
The Ringo jab is one of my favourite burns of all time.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
Forgot the best one:

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Toriori posted:

The Ringo jab is one of my favourite burns of all time.

It is, unfortunately, not true:
http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-magazine-monitor-26577314
http://www.beatlesbible.com/forum/john-lennon/ringo-isnt-even-the-best-drummer-in-the-band/

I wish it were real, because it's pretty funny.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Would.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

You'd seriously go to the party of someone who abuses apostrophes like that? Have you no dignity?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

IslamoNazi posted:

You'd seriously go to the party of someone who abuses apostrophes like that? Have you no dignity?

He's not a hive mind of people named gus so what's wrong with that apostrophe?

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

IslamoNazi posted:

Looks pretty legit to me.

John Cadaver
Sep 16, 2007
Perhaps the concern is that it could be interpreted as Gus is the person having the abortion?

I'm in the 'this apostrophe is correct' camp though.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I think the trailing S after an apostrophe on a name ending in S varies by country. British English I'm pretty sure would just write Gus' (see also James', Chris', etc)

Either that or someone taught me the wrong way and I've been doing it wrong all these years.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Vulpes posted:

I think the trailing S after an apostrophe on a name ending in S varies by country. British English I'm pretty sure would just write Gus' (see also James', Chris', etc)

Either that or someone taught me the wrong way and I've been doing it wrong all these years.

The double S is only used in instances of plurals ending in S, such as "there were several James's".

So, in this instance it would only be correct if there were multiple Gus (Geese?) running the company.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Vulpes posted:

This is correct, Gus' is correct. Gus's is an abomination unto man and the Lord.

John Cadaver
Sep 16, 2007
I disagree but, for lack of a more authoritative source, have this internet link:
http://data.grammarbook.com/blog/apostrophes/apostrophes-with-words-ending-in-s/

And if you don't click it I'll bring it to you: Surprise - we can do it a number of ways, everyone is right enough and just be consistent in your method.

However - as the original comment that started this derail was the alleged 'abuse' of an apostrophe and no-one here is saying that the apostrophe shouldn't be there (as opposed to it's position or what follows or doesn't follow it)... I guess we could just move on...

But well done IslamoNazi on firing up the grammar nazi debate.

John Cadaver has a new favorite as of 09:48 on Dec 12, 2014

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

John Cadaver posted:

But well done IslamoNazi on firing up the grammar nazi debate.

He sure opened up a can of octopuses

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Zophar posted:

The double S is only used in instances of plurals ending in S, such as "there were several James's".

So, in this instance it would only be correct if there were multiple Gus (Geese?) running the company.

What if you wanted to talk about something the multiple Gus's owned. Gus's'?

What if Gus' Abortion & Barbeque decides to rebrand its self to a simpler and snappier Gus' and then franchises so there's more than one, how would you refer to them collectively? What if several of those franchises pool their resources and buy a wharehouse, whose wharehouse is that?

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
From a few pages ago, but this has gotta be a photoshop: the guy looking over the chair is Shakeel Ahmad Bhat. He's a Kashmiri Muslim activist/protester. Dude is almost never photographed not screaming.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yes, I can tell by the pixels.

And I've seen quite a few 'shops in my time.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

From a few pages ago, but this has gotta be a photoshop:

Sure looks real to me! :v:

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

From a few pages ago, but this has gotta be a photoshop: the guy looking over the chair is Shakeel Ahmad Bhat. He's a Kashmiri Muslim activist/protester. Dude is almost never photographed not screaming.

This is the great things about goons there is always someone goofier then you

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

neonbregna posted:

This is the great things about goons there is always someone goonier then you

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

From a few pages ago, but this has gotta be a photoshop...

:allears:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

From a few pages ago, but this has gotta be a photoshop:

Look at you, here to brighten everyone's day :glomp:

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.
Look at the size of his loving head yeah it might be a Photoshop

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

neonbregna posted:

This is the great things about goons there is always someone goofier than you

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Best part about the next-to-last one: That was at the Royal Command Performance. So "everyone else"? The royal family.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I love the look of the other guys. "OK, we get it, you're angry, maybe you should just take a deep breath and count to 10? drat, dude."

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

Dude owns. I'd hire him to be angry at stuff for me.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

The MSJ posted:

I work at a place that they have a break room that's stocked with random snacks. One of them being single servings of these things. Yesterday I went looking for some and we were out, and I made a comment about it to a co-worker.

He went to the grocery store last night and apparently they had them on sale 10 bags for $10. He brought a box of them in today and I couldn't exactly explain to him why I was laughing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

• Locked thread