Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

my only subscription is to EGM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
if u dont have a cool game related sig u a busta

http://i.imgur.com/mTvnWBy.gif

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i am really very angry and upset that despite demon souls and dark souls 2 being available digitally on ps3, dark souls 1 isn't.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

New Set launched for Infinity Wars last night. You are all missing out now.

Get it free on Steam

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3644175

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Doing a 24-hour charity stream this weekend with a bunch of mates :dance:

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Stux posted:

i am really very angry and upset that despite demon souls and dark souls 2 being available digitally on ps3, dark souls 1 isn't.

I've never played Dark Souls and only played a little of Demon Souls. I have the plat for Dark Souls 2 though. I like baby games for babies.

I picked up one of the 500GB super slim PS3s from a guy at work and couldn't figure out how to open the disc tray for like 5 minutes. I'm an old man and these space age kajiggers frighten me.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Static Rook posted:

I picked up one of the 500GB super slim PS3s from a guy at work and couldn't figure out how to open the disc tray for like 5 minutes. I'm an old man and these space age kajiggers frighten me.
Heh. Discs. Heh. :smug:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

mfcrocker posted:

Gaming in the spirit of the season is a good thing.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

mfcrocker posted:

Link that poo poo, dude.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The Kins posted:

Heh. Discs. Heh. :smug:

No Kingdom Hearts game has a digital release because some part of the franchise is allergic to digital distribution. :argh:

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
persona q is a super good game

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

hubris.height posted:

persona q is a super good game

sometimes i just feel like hooking up an IV of liquefied anime and drifting off into a coma

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
I have some speedrunning marathon thing on my other monitor, and they're currently running a Dragon Ball game and Goku's name is spelled "Gokou" in the lifebar. Is my entire life a lie?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

univbee posted:

No Kingdom Hearts game has a digital release because some part of the franchise is allergic to digital distribution. :argh:
This happens every time two companies work on stuff together. Why do you think Marvel vs. Capcom 3 took so long to come out?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

icantfindaname posted:

sometimes i just feel like hooking up an IV of liquefied megaten and drifting off into a coma

yeah i like to cut my megaten with etrian odyssey so that the high lasts longer

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

The Kins posted:

I have some speedrunning marathon thing on my other monitor, and they're currently running a Dragon Ball game and Goku's name is spelled "Gokou" in the lifebar. Is my entire life a lie?
Not as good as Gok and Pico Jr., for one of those card games.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

hubris.height posted:

kawaiisenburg

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Scalding Coffee posted:

Not as good as Gok and Pico Jr., for one of those card games.
He played further and he's beaten up "KLILYN" and "JUCKIE-CHUN".

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

hubris.height posted:

ahahhahaha i looked up megami tensei on wikipedia and its based on light novels

:unsmigghh:

*drifts further into anime coma, twitches*

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

icantfindaname posted:

sometimes i just feel like hooking up an IV of liquefied anime and drifting off into a coma

Remember when you posted a ton of poo poo about how nintendo was going to go bankrupt if they didnt start making mobile phone games.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

that still might be true?

anyways it's not like anime game companies have hesitated from releasing their stuff on phones

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

icantfindaname posted:

ahahhahaha i looked up megami tensei on wikipedia and its based on light novels

:unsmigghh:

*drifts further into anime coma*
Only the first one on the Famicom is, the rest are all origina--

oh no

has a trap been sprung

is this what it's like to be owned

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

The Kins posted:

oh no

has a trap been sprung

lol

yeah but the megami tensei light novels give a really solid foundation and context for the rest of the series which hasn't really changed its over arching themes in the last 20 years

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i'd give the megami some tensei if you know what i am saying and i am most certain you do

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

The Kins posted:

oh no

has a trap been sprung

it's ok

light novels are good

go outside, take a deep breath, and shout to the world I LOVE ANIME

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

hubris.height posted:

lol

yeah but the megami tensei light novels give a really solid foundation and context for the rest of the series which hasn't really changed its over arching themes in the last 20 years
To be fair I've only played SMT1 and it was the bugged translation hack that hosed the final dungeon scripting up so you could only get one ending, on an emulator that kept causing lockups.

I should probably grab the iOS port sometime. I remember hearing good things about that when it got English-ified?

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

icantfindaname posted:

that still might be true?

anyways it's not like anime game companies have hesitated from releasing their stuff on phones

Lol.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Gaming in the spirit of the season is a good thing.

First 24-hour stream for me so making GBS threads it that I'm going to run out of poo poo to say/die of tiredness. We'll see!

Great Joe posted:

Link that poo poo, dude.

Main stream: http://twitch.tv/meadowdrone
Me doing a voted-for Steam game each hour: http://twitch.tv/mfcrocker
If peeps want to give anything there's a link on mine and I'll make sure meadowdrone puts one on hers tomorrow

poo poo is live Sat 11am-Sun 11am UTC.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

icantfindaname posted:

it's ok

light novels are good

go outside, take a deep breath, and shout to the world I LOVE ANIME

Do you?

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/megaten/anime.htm

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

univbee posted:

Hey, nobody ever expected that any Final Fantasy games would be on steam, let alone the latest ones, so there's at least a little hope that KH games might get a steam port. Mostly I just want Birth By Sleep HD on steam because it's the best one and I don't have a ps3.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

chumbler posted:

Hey, nobody ever expected that any Final Fantasy games would be on steam, let alone the latest ones, so there's at least a little hope that KH games might get a steam port. Mostly I just want Birth By Sleep HD on steam because it's the best one and I don't have a ps3.

Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 HD were both released on PS3 at a point in time when Sony's policy was that all games would get Day 1 Digital releases, but neither of them did. :negative:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

univbee posted:

Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 HD were both released on PS3 at a point in time when Sony's policy was that all games would get Day 1 Digital releases, but neither of them did. :negative:
Day 1 Digital Unless The Mouse Looks Kind Of Disgruntled

A policy that has since been replaced with the new and improved Let's Spend Millions Of Dollars Localizing A Single Game That Will Sell Ten Copies policy.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i really like playing video games.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

VideoGames posted:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

hubris.height posted:

i'd give the megami some tensei if you know what i am saying and i am most certain you do

i beat nocturne secret end boss without whatever that skill was called and it took about 3 hours + on auto fight lmao

Static Rook posted:

I've never played Dark Souls and only played a little of Demon Souls. I have the plat for Dark Souls 2 though. I like baby games for babies.

i got one of those for xmas last year and until about 2 months ago i had been opening the tray by physically sliding it open

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

VideoGames posted:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Stux posted:

i beat nocturne secret end boss without whatever that skill was called and it took about 3 hours + on auto fight lmao

I half remember seeing that true ending on youtube at one point, going "that is loving boss" and trying nocturne for myself

then got frustrated and quit on the second boss :saddowns:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

I half remember seeing that true ending on youtube at one point, going "that is loving boss" and trying nocturne for myself

then got frustrated and quit on the second boss :saddowns:

you should play it again its really really good. if you arent used to SMT games though i could see it being really hard, in which case play persona 3/4 first to ease into the series.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
theres been quite a few surprise good games this year. alien isolation and shadows of mordor are 2 of them. well done games companies for making good games that i will continue to play and enjoy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i personally can't wait for the release of Minecraft 2, only on Xbox One

• Locked thread