Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

seiferguy posted:

Wind Waker HD should be played with the gamepad though. Switching items with it is so much easier than pressing pause all the drat time.

Don't forget gyro aiming, which was also awesome in the 3DS Ocrarina of Time remake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Isn't it a little weird that Nintendo gave Mario animation rights to Sony of all studios?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

greatn posted:

Isn't it a little weird that Nintendo gave Mario animation rights to Sony of all studios?

I'd guess there was a bidding process and Sony probably offered a better deal than other studios. Despite the perceived rivalries, they're all out to make money so whatever helps the bottom line I guess.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Sony Pictures probably doesn't give a poo poo what Sony Computer Entertainment does, just like how they don't care that Xbox One uses their Blu-rays.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
The big corporations I work with are pretty territorial and contentious even between working groups on the same floor of the same building. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony Pictures isn't paying attention to SCE at all outside of some C-level reports or whatever.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Policenaut posted:

Sony Pictures probably doesn't give a poo poo what Sony Computer Entertainment does, just like how they don't care that Xbox One uses their Blu-rays.

That's not entirely true since Sony is in the middle of a big push for getting their game brands into movies. IIRC, there's something like six of them in development at the moment.

But, yeah, Nintendo and Sony Pictures probably don't give a poo poo about that stuff when it comes to making a Mario movie.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

I think that's a third-party controller. My Wii U is supposed to be delivered by UPS today and I've been looking for a deal on the pro controllers, too. I keep coming across stuff like this, which sounds like a good deal, but I'm still weary of getting it.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/wii-u-sales-jump-amid-strong-start-for-amiibo/1100-6424183/

Apologies if this was posted already, but thought there might be interest in this bit:

quote:

Nintendo also has revealed robust sales for the first wave of its new NFC figurines, Amiibo. It said that about 700,000 units had been sold across the US in its first month alone.

The best-selling Amiibo so far, it added, is Link, followed by Mario and Pikachu.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Not surprising considering Link has the most potential uses in games

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

mabels big day posted:

Not surprising considering Link has the most potential uses in games

How many released games support the figures? Link works with Hyrule Warriors, Smash Bros, and Mario Kart, but I'm not sure if I'm forgetting any others. I was thinking of maybe dropping by Best Buy this weekend during the B1G1 40% off + $20 GC promo starting Sunday and grabbing a couple of them.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Bloodplay it again posted:

How many released games support the figures? Link works with Hyrule Warriors, Smash Bros, and Mario Kart, but I'm not sure if I'm forgetting any others. I was thinking of maybe dropping by Best Buy this weekend during the B1G1 40% off + $20 GC promo starting Sunday and grabbing a couple of them.

Wave 1: http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/31/7140959/which-amiibo-work-with-which-nintendo-wii-u-games
Wave 2: http://www.scooptendo.com/nintendo-amiibo-compatibility-chart-wave-2/
Wave 3: http://www.gamnesia.com/news/amiibo-wave-three-game-compatibly-chart#.VIsdljHF98E

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Captain Toad will also eventually support Amiibos and that upcoming 3DS One Piece game will too. I think there are Tom Nook Amiibos in development so probably Animal Crossing as well.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Thanks, although you just made it significantly harder for me to decide which one(s) to get. I was gonna grab Link and Yoshi, but now I don't know.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Thanks, although you just made it significantly harder for me to decide which one(s) to get. I was gonna grab Link and Yoshi, but now I don't know.

If you want Little Mac for any reason, you're gonna want to get to a store or three this weekend. They don't seem to be hanging around very long.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

I think it depends on what you're trying to do. It's fun having a favorite Amiibo in Smash play against you so the choice is a bit harder, but in Mario Kart you only get costumes for your Mii, and in Hyrule Warriors you get a random item that's not specific to the Amiibo you scan.

It seems that there's little that each specific Amiibo offers to the games so it doesn't really matter which ones you choose.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
So speaking of Amiibos, is today the official release of Wave 2 or is it still up in the air?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Louisgod posted:

So speaking of Amiibos, is today the official release of Wave 2 or is it still up in the air?

Amazon still has the 14th marked as the release and they're usually pretty good about that kind of thing. That said, if stores already have them I doubt there's a street date in place.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Louisgod posted:

My refurbished Wii U just came in. Once I make sure everything works, I'll head to Best Buy and look for Diddy and Little Mac.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Has there been any news of a Wii U Animal Crossing?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Housh posted:

Has there been any news of a Wii U Animal Crossing?

Nothing yet. I'm burnt out on New Leaf but I'm still keeping it in case things transfer like Wild World-City Folk.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

SeANMcBAY posted:

Nothing yet. I'm burnt out on New Leaf but I'm still keeping it in case things transfer like Wild World-City Folk.
I didn't play New Leaf because I don't own a 3DS. I loved the Gamecube version and got burnt out from Wild World and never tried City Folk.

I started to play Wii U in bed off the gamepad which is making me jones like mad for a new AC.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Kilometers Davis posted:

Amazon still has the 14th marked as the release and they're usually pretty good about that kind of thing. That said, if stores already have them I doubt there's a street date in place.

There isn't a street date that I'm aware of and Thursday tends to be a big shipping day for retail so I bet there are some stores that are stocking them this morning or this weekend. I'm debating skipping out of work for a bit to go search around.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

If you're getting an Amiibo for Smash you should get the character you use because they start copying the techniques you use and it's cool as hell

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

If you're getting an Amiibo for Smash you should get the character you use because they start copying the techniques you use and it's cool as hell

Kirby it is. :coal:

For what it's worth, the refurbished console I got seems to be brand new. I don't see any tiny surface scratches on either the controller or the console and Nintendoland was shrink-wrapped. I threw the serial into Club Nintendo to see if it had been registered and it looks like I'll be able to link it to my account once the system is done updating.

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Dec 12, 2014

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Policenaut posted:

Sure they care. They care about all that sweet licensing money they get from Xbone using them.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Got any more info on this?

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

So, I got the system all updated and Super Mario 3D World is on the home screen. It looks like the complete game because I haven't seen "demo" plastered on the screen or anything. It also looks like there's a digital copy of Nintendoland on the system. In Data Management, Super Mario 3D World is taking up 1,663 MB and Nintendo Land is 3025 MB. What? I still have Nintendo Land in its shrink wrap. Anyone have a digital copy of SM3DW that can verify the size of the game? I was bummed out that I didn't hop on this weekend's $250 deal at Target (after seeing meh black Friday sales), but if this is the full game, then I basically got the deal for $217 after tax. :wtc:

edit: ^^^

Posted in Coupons

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Dec 12, 2014

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

raditts posted:

Got any more info on this?

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic.../#entry12315353

According to the post, the gc offer is online only and the bogo appears in store only, so good luck managing to do both I guess.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

raditts posted:

Sure they care. They care about all that sweet licensing money they get from Xbone using them.

Not just that, but as the standard digital disc format, Sony would put itself in a costly, long, and likely losing lawsuit. There are patent laws that make it so that companies can't price-gouge or refuse a competing company from licensing it's patents in an attempt to cripple the competitor.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Does anyone's gamepad/pro controller joysticks make slight clicking noises when you move them? My fairly new pro controller clicks softly when I move the left stick in any direction and I'm wondering if my furious smashing is already wearing it down.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

please smash responsibly.

poor 3ds owners have been learning that the hard way since launch

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

So, I got the system all updated and Super Mario 3D World is on the home screen. It looks like the complete game because I haven't seen "demo" plastered on the screen or anything. It also looks like there's a digital copy of Nintendoland on the system. In Data Management, Super Mario 3D World is taking up 1,663 MB and Nintendo Land is 3025 MB. What? I still have Nintendo Land in its shrink wrap. Anyone have a digital copy of SM3DW that can verify the size of the game? I was bummed out that I didn't hop on this weekend's $250 deal at Target (after seeing meh black Friday sales), but if this is the full game, then I basically got the deal for $217 after tax. :wtc:

edit: ^^^

Posted in Coupons

That's the full size for both. You got lucky with a console someone returned or something.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Yeah Super Mario 3d World doesn't even have a demo. It just isn't a huge file.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

SRM fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Dec 12, 2014

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

SRM posted:

The new Blood Angels Terminators are up for pre order. Oddly, they have heads sculpted on to 4/5 of the torsos in the box. More importantly, the teleport homer has a tiny cup on it:

Am I missing something here?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

nintendo's newest amiibo

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
wow Nintendo is taking Amiibos in a really hosed up direction. Peach looks badass.

efb

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Louisgod posted:

wow Nintendo is taking Amiibos in a really hosed up direction. Peach looks badass.

efb

in nintendo's new female empowered games peach fights off bowser herself

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

SRM posted:

The new Blood Angels Terminators are up for pre order. Oddly, they have heads sculpted on to 4/5 of the torsos in the box. More importantly, the teleport homer has a tiny cup on it:

what the hell is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Awesome! posted:

in nintendo's new female empowered games peach fights off bowser herself

gently caress that, in the new game, Peach kidnaps and tortures Bowser for his past transgressions.

• Locked thread