Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I like the OWB radio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I got spurs that jingle jangle jingle.

Dec 26, 2012

(jingle jangle)

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
started honest hearts tonight. haven't played any of the DLC except for a little of dead money.

not digging it so far. the first mission i get from the burned man is to go get some lunchboxes? wow i'm real hype for this

*shoots baby geckos* yeehaw

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
>big iron

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
it's been 3 years since skyrim came out. hopefully bethesda have been working on fallout 4

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

tranime scholar posted:

it's been 3 years since skyrim came out. hopefully bethesda have been working on fallout 4 died and bequeathed the Fallout license to their betters.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I know Bethesda haven't written a game with a decent scenario since Morrowind but I have a really good feeling about this one!

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

thats the best one

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
anyone played NEO scavenger? looks kind of like fallout

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I feel like they had to scrap the whole plot and start over because that euro kid who trolled the poo poo out of everyone came up with a better narrative than they ever could

Who am I kidding they've probably been working on Fallout: The MOBA this whole time

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

People say do OWB first because DM is referenced by it. Except you prob won't give a poo poo about the backstory to a game you never played yet.

Do OWB first because it sux to do it at high level's.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

i don't disagree but you know fo4 is gonna be bethesda. i'm still hype for it anyways

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Benny D posted:

I feel like they had to scrap the whole plot and start over because that euro kid who trolled the poo poo out of everyone came up with a better narrative than they ever could

Who am I kidding they've probably been working on Fallout: The MOBA this whole time

what is this? id like to know more

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

So be suuuure it's true, when you say IIIII love yooooooouuuuuuuu, it's a siiin to teeeell a lieeeeee.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

mr sad posted:

started honest hearts tonight. haven't played any of the DLC except for a little of dead money.

not digging it so far. the first mission i get from the burned man is to go get some lunchboxes? wow i'm real hype for this

*shoots baby geckos* yeehaw

the main quest of hh is lame but joshua graham singlehandedly redeems the entire dlc

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

I like one of the messages of the DLC which is sometimes Pacifism just ain't the answer when you have crazy tribals coming to kill you.

that just speaks to me.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Do OWB first because it sux to do it at high level's.

I think JE Sawyer mod makes it better.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Man Whore posted:

I like one of the messages of the DLC which is sometimes Pacifism just ain't the answer when you have crazy tribals coming to kill you.

that just speaks to me.

I hated to break poor daniel's heart but goddammit his attitude wasn't gonna solve anything

slingshot effect
Sep 28, 2009

the wonderful wizard of welp
kill 'em all let joseph smith decide

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

I just went with boring ol kill most of the bad guys but don't genocide them because blood and gore washes down best with a clean conscience.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
If nobody figures out it was me and they don't have a quest and I don't really like them, they die

b/c hiding in the corner and blowing someone's head off is such a strange event that everyone just pretends it didn't happen

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

In retrospect, it would've been cool if there was some third option, or if Daniel's plan had been less stupid, but I think that would break the spirit of the whole "Old Testament vs. New Testament" thing they were going for.

Also, maybe they just went with mormons for the whole "americana based in the southwest" thing, but it's surprising for something to actually be nice to mormons for once. I read some article that stated that Joshua's redemption theme, along with some other subject, tie into specifically mormon ideas and beliefs.

Also, it was disappointing that Yao Guai claws are so useless because I wanted to beat people up with bear hands.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

VideoGames posted:

what is this? id like to know more

http://www.edge-online.com/features/thesurvivor2299-how-an-elaborate-hoax-gave-the-fallout-series-its-multiplayer/

This guy created a fake teaser website for fallout 4 with zenimax logos and everything. He kept putting up these puzzles people went crazy solving and Bethesda didn't say anything about it for weeks so people assumed it was real. It was actually a pretty good pr campaign considering

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Mr Tastee posted:

In retrospect, it would've been cool if there was some third option, or if Daniel's plan had been less stupid, but I think that would break the spirit of the whole "Old Testament vs. New Testament" thing they were going for.

Also, maybe they just went with mormons for the whole "americana based in the southwest" thing, but it's surprising for something to actually be nice to mormons for once. I read some article that stated that Joshua's redemption theme, along with some other subject, tie into specifically mormon ideas and beliefs.

Also, it was disappointing that Yao Guai claws are so useless because I wanted to beat people up with bear hands.

graham and the mormons in utah was based on unused content in van buren. also honest hearts is loosely based on 'the mission' with robert deniro and jeremy irons as jesuit missionaries in south america, its a great movie

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
the real reason to play honest hearts is for the survivalists rifle and joshuas baller armor and piece

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

The survivalists rifle looks and sounds badass. Also its backstory is that its for stopping Canadian terrorists who try to run checkpoints. The fact that the United states annexed Canada is one of my favorite parts of Fallout.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

http://youtu.be/WkBNKa2KXZE?t=30s

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

no courier. we saw you and veronica talking to the elder. execute them.

*is level 24, dies instantly to 4 brotherhood of steel guys with gauss miniguns at point-blank range*

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Robot Randy posted:

the real reason to play honest hearts is for the survivalists rifle and joshuas baller armor and piece

its also about as pretty as the engine can get

Dec 26, 2012

StashAugustine posted:

'the mission' with robert deniro and jeremy irons as jesuit missionaries in south america, its a great movie

i need to go see this like, yesterday

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

01011001 posted:

i need to go see this like, yesterday

it has an ennio morricone soundtrack

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

liam neeson has a bit part too

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

it has an ennio morricone soundtrack

poo poo, how haven't i seen this

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Fungah! posted:

poo poo, how haven't i seen this

see it asap, it's a real good movie

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I just started Old World Blues. this is extremely my poo poo. my brain is in a jar somewhere and i have a dog gun

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

mr sad posted:

I just started Old World Blues. this is extremely my poo poo. my brain is in a jar somewhere and i have a dog gun

Get a proton axe. You won't regret it.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

StandardVC10 posted:

Get a proton axe. You won't regret it.

The proton axe doesn't bark at enemies nearby though.

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
where exactly is big mountain? from the crater-like pictures in the intro movie I figured it was going to be a space base but the skybox looks like i'm just somewhere else in nevada

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

mr sad posted:

where exactly is big mountain? from the crater-like pictures in the intro movie I figured it was going to be a space base but the skybox looks like i'm just somewhere else in nevada

the wiki says it is located somewhere near State Route 127 and State Route 88.

• Locked thread