Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i think dan should do a feature where he plays all the classic pc games he missed out on, on account of being a console baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

Wormskull posted:

The Kinect Launch poo poo is some of the best content on the site... lmfao

that was the first time i saw gb

they opened up the livestream to everyone and i fuckin lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllloved it subd ever since

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF2hdfO4vhs

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

I'm sleep deprived and that video is freaking me out.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i think dan should do a feature where he plays all the classic pc games he missed out on, on account of being a console baby

Has he even played quake???

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mr. Pumroy posted:

He does that on UPF sometimes.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Pumroy posted:

half-life ryckerts coming out alongside metal gear scanlons would be pretty good

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

UberJew posted:

half-life ryckerts coming out alongside metal gear scanlons would be pretty good

oh you mean like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnlraox_mxI

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

PC gaming is for lame nerds, play N64 like a cool person.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The game informer stuff dan does is win. The super replay of OverBlood 2 and the one where Dan plays LoL while the other guys commentate where he can't hear are my faves.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
New Metal Gear Scanlon... 2nite.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Wormskull posted:

The game informer stuff dan does is win. The super replay of OverBlood 2 and the one where Dan plays LoL while the other guys commentate where he can't hear are my faves.

Tail of the Sun is pretty amazing

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Wormskull posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOPyRRB9yWI

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This as well.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-harry-potter-and-the-half-blood-prince/2300-952/ lmao

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcIQvixZbYo

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

I don't know if I'd name this my favorite Quick Look ever but it's definitely top five, one of Ryan and Vinny's best. http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-dragonball-evolution/2300-411/

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm just a big sucker for the way Ryan and Jeff contemptuously mock british accents.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Wormskull posted:

the upf where he did the same thing with dota 2 was better, because brad is somehow less of a whiny nerd than game informer's dota guy

sulley
Aug 15, 2004

Not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Wormskull posted:

I'm just a big sucker for the way Ryan and Jeff contemptuously mock british accents.

Why you gotta dis Brad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2mLb2I1hlE

sulley fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Dec 12, 2014

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

homeless snail posted:

the upf where he did the same thing with dota 2 was better, because brad is somehow less of a whiny nerd than game informer's dota guy

brad trying to play along with the joke was real bad

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

elf help book posted:

brad trying to play along with the joke was real bad
he was really angry lol

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Brad is cool, I like Brad. This is a Brad-friendly zone.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Brad's alright. Patrick's alright, in small doses. Drew does crossfit.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

"Hey guys I picked this really gross email I shouldn't even read it but boy it is crazy"

"OK read it."

"Noooooo it's soooooo gross you guys it's craaaaazy"

Repeat until everyone wants Brad to end the podcast because he sucks at emails.

sulley
Aug 15, 2004

Not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
Overall Brad has been really good as the podcast driver. I like Brad a lot and think he's a good straight-man and hope he gets the weight thing under control.

Also Patrick is much better when he's following the other guys leads, which is why he's kinda sucked it on his own. Alex is the same, which is why he's become much more palatable since Vinny moved back east.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Patrick is always poo poo.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

sulley posted:

Overall Brad has been really good as the podcast driver. I like Brad a lot and think he's a good straight-man and hope he gets the weight thing under control.

Also Patrick is much better when he's following the other guys leads, which is why he's kinda sucked it on his own. Alex is the same, which is why he's become much more palatable since Vinny moved back east.

Even if that's true you don't ever have to deal with Patrick when he's on his own, so it's not even a problem other than having to see his face all over the website. I've never watched a Patrick only thing and I made the mistake of clicking one of his articles once, which he wrote about standing on a hill on his horse in Dragon Age 3 and looking down serenely upon the landscape lmf ao, so that crap hasn't informed my opinion of him. He's a big rear end turd.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Even if that's true you don't ever have to deal with Patrick when he's on his own, so it's not even a problem other than having to see his face all over the website. I've never watched a Patrick only thing and I made the mistake of clicking one of his articles once, which he wrote about standing on a hill on his horse in Dragon Age 3 and looking down serenely upon the landscape lmf ao, so that crap hasn't informed my opinion of him. He's a big rear end turd.

he wrote some article when the xbox one stopped including the kinect so i wanted to see if it had any info about harmonix or dance central in it and i was pretty surprised about how poorly it was written

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Wormskull posted:

Yeah that article was kinda weird. Saying "yeah this game looks really good and made me stop just to look once in a while", that's cool. But really, looking at this made you feel an "intense moment of introspection"?

That's one of the most dull, unremarkable looking spots in the game. Also there's a typo in the article. Normally who gives a gently caress about that, but when your entire shtick is being a wordy as hell high minded video game reviewer, avoiding that sort of thing should be a high priority.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
did patrick klepek change his internet name to scoops and thereby pretend to be someone else and force me to watch his lovely videos and go "who the gently caress is this retard"

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

THE PENETRATOR posted:

did patrick klepek change his internet name to scoops and thereby pretend to be someone else and force me to watch his lovely videos and go "who the gently caress is this retard"

He forced his own nickname pretty much.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Once I ran by the exact same 3 or 4 set pieces arranged slightly differently across this massive sprawling world, I stood upon the highest peak and had to put the controller down for a moment while I sat crosslegged on the floor just thinking about Carl Sagan gifs.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
LOL.

I knew he was full of poo poo when he defended the letterboxing in the pc version of The Evil Within. That's was definitely not an artistic choice, considering how badly it ran.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Sometimes I look at Patrick articles since he posts all the news stuff and at least 50% of the time one of the first 20 or so comments is pointing out a typo.

Fumaofthelake fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Dec 12, 2014

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

K. Flaps posted:

He forced his own nickname pretty much.

Yeah I remember that first week where everyone on the site was like "Hey there 'Scoops'" whenever he showed up or was referenced in any way, one way to get a nickname I guess

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I'd probably try forcing a dumb nickname too if my name was Patrick.

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

Jehde posted:

I'd probably try forcing a dumb nickname too if my name was Patrick.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Brad isn't even bad. In fact, he's good.