Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Supersonic Shine posted:

I'm not sure I'm getting the full joke. Did something happen to Lou Bega?

A little bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucky Jim
Jul 5, 2007

Triticum Guzzler posted:

the x box one people bought their second emoticon, the original was a celebration of how the x box one loving sucks and the playstation is better :xbone: but the new one is a more abstract representation of a guy whose gimmick is to post exactly the same way they do but about how good the x box one is, he is represented by a badly modelled 3d character because the x box has the wrong megabytes of ram to do good 3d characters :crafty:

Crap posted:

*shaking head while looking down* the wrong ram...

ArfJason posted:

vietnamese fedora pua mra woman who owns an xbone one: me love you wrong ram

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

hoodrow trillson posted:

Yeah, thanks for asking, I DID cut my hair myself. No, I did not use a lighter. That's very funny, I haven't heard that before. No, I did not comb it with a wet rock, that is also totally original. Um, no, thanks for asking, but I did not mistake the clown college for the barber college. OK? That clear everything up? No? Fine, alrighty. Yeah, no. I didn't, in fact, get my hair sucked off by a wolf. Thank you, I am sure I WOULD look very pretty with long hair, but trust me, I had it and it was a pain in the rear end. No, I did not get a swirlie that lasted five years. No, I am not wearing a white man's scalp, torn off by a Red Indian, as a hat. This is my hair, thank you for noticing. Sorry it's too short for your liking. No, I am not wearing a football helmet made of horse pubes. No, I did not cut the tips off a bunch of paint brushes and glue them to my head with dragon cum. That's very creative and I've never heard it before. Oh, sorry that my hair looks like somebody set Robin Williams' vacuum cleaner on reverse and pointed it at my greased-up bald head. Sorry, um, no.

Arx Monolith
May 4, 2007

Well now I just wanna see this guy's head of hair(?)

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

mdemone posted:

A little bit.

Motherfucker.

Seabhac
Sep 12, 2009
Does anyone have the quote explaining the Finnish (or possibly Danish) counting system and how ridiculous it was? All I remember offhand is that it contained the phrase "in your language of whores and merchants"

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Grandmother of Five posted:

On account of all the unfounded criticism of the Danish language and number system, I have decided to help any potential non-Scandinavians reading this thread who may be having trouble deciding on which of the Nordic languages they should chose to learn on account of being too lazy and stupid to learn all of them.

A guide to the Danish number system versus those other languages ~

NON-DANISH

'Ti' means ten and that is basically it. Twenty is two-ten, to-ti. Thirty is tree-ten, tre-ti, and so on and so forth all the way up to ninety. Pretty similar to the number system that you are already familiar with in your language of whores and merchants. A number system based on ten, really? Uh, we use our fingers to count with or whatever. Do you really want to let base biology dictate your number system? Whatever.

DANISH

An exciting, mysterious language and maybe slightly more convoluted so if you're a big babby watch out.

'Ti' still means ten. Stay calm. Twenty is 'tyve', but 'tyve' isn't always twenty, it can be ten, too. Thirty is 'tredieve', I shouldn't have to explain this. GOD! Anyway, that was the easy part.

Forty is fyrre, or more correct, fyrretyve. It sounds like 'four twenties', but it really means 'four tens'. An easy mistake to make if you should somehow be confused by the word 'tyve' now meaning 'ten' instead of 'twenty'. Idiot.

Fifty is halvtreds and sixty is treds. This may trip you up because 'halv' means 'half' and 'halfsixty' is not half as much as sixty. This is because halvtreds is short for haldtredsindstyvende. 'sind' is to multiply and 'tyvende' is a bunch of twenties. Remember how 'tyve' is twenty? Remember how 'tyve' is sometimes twenty? Well, it is now. Anyway, just forget about the number forty. Once you have forgotten about forty, then fifty, or 'halvtredsindstyvende', basically means 'three minus one half multiplied by twenty', and there you have it, fifty. Or as we call it in everyday Danish, halvtreds, halfsixty.

Sixty is 'treds' which is short for 'tredsindstyvende'. That means three times twenty. Uh, Danish is so hard. How do I multiply with twenty? Twenty is twice as much as ten and I only have ten fingers?? ~ A swede.

Next up is seventy which is 'halvfjerds', or as I am sure you have figured out, 'halvfjerdsindstyvende. If you're wondering how much a 'fjerds' is since 'halvfjerds' is apparently half a 'fjerds' then just stop. You're making things needlessly complicated. There is no such thing as 'fjerds' like there is a 'treds' to 'halvtreds' Don't just go making poo poo up. 'Halvfjerdsindstyvende' means 'four minus a half multiplied by twenty. Adds up to seventy, doesn't it? You're going to need 7 swedes to count this high.

Eighty is 'firs' or 'firsindstyvende, which means four times twenty. Remember forty? No? Well, good.

Ninenty is 'halvfems' for short and 'halvfemsindstyvende' all proper like. 'Halv' still means 'half' and 'fem' means five so we've got five minus a half, and you then multiply it by twenty because twenty is better than ten except when twenty is ten because of forty.

Easy.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

And I thought French was silly with quatre-vingt and all that bullshit (it's huitante you monsters.)

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

No, French doesn't get that stupid until you get above 90.

Seabhac
Sep 12, 2009

RandomFerret posted:

No, French doesn't get that stupid until you get above 90.

Nothing could be more logical than four twenty ten six meaning 96

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

To be fair we used to do the whole 'three score and ten' thing.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

NLJP posted:

And I thought French was silly with quatre-vingt and all that bullshit (it's huitante you monsters.)
It should be noted that Danish combines weird base-twenty numbers, inspired by French, with the reverse order of numbers like in German. (one-and-twenty instead of twenty one for example.) The other Scandinavian languages do not do this either.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

And I thought the Finns would have trouble with context. All I can hear in my head now is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIKGV2cTgqA

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Russian's kinda funny because it's completely regular n-teen/n-ty/n-hundred/etc. stuff with "sorok" as "forty" just sitting there on its own without any connection to anything else. Not even "chyetirye" ("four").

Sham bam bamina! has a new favorite as of 01:18 on Dec 12, 2014

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Seabhac posted:

Nothing could be more logical than four twenty ten six meaning 96

Four twenty sixteen means 96
Four twenty ten seven means 97

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Russian's kinda funny because it's completely regular n-teen/n-ty/n-hundred/etc. stuff with "sorok" as "forty" just sitting there on its own without any connection to either "four" ("chyetirye") or "ten" ("dyesyat").

It actually used to be something along the lines of chyetirdyesyat. However, ermine and sable furs were ridiculously valuable in the 16th and 17th centuries, and the standard amount of furs to trade was a 40 fur pile called 'sorok' - the word became so widespread it eventually replaced the normal word for 40.

Hooray for high-school Russian lessons

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

my dad posted:

It actually used to be something along the lines of chyetirdyesyat. However, ermine and sable furs were ridiculously valuable in the 16th and 17th centuries, and the standard amount of furs to trade was a 40 fur pile called 'sorok' - the word became so widespread it eventually replaced the normal word for 40.

Hooray for high-school Russian lessons
I'd thought that something like that might have happened. Figures.

:downsrim:

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Chamale posted:

Four twenty sixteen means 96
Four twenty ten seven means 97

Because the word for sixteen is "seize" and the word for seventeen is "dix-sept" (ten-seven). For some reason the French only have counting words up to 16, and then it turns into ten-seven, ten-eight, etc. Except for 20, which is "vingt" (but 30 is vingt-dix (twenty-ten)), 40 (quarante), 60 (soixante). 70 is sometimes "septante", but more often it's "soixante-dix". And then 80 turns into quatre-vingt (four twenties). :v:

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!
More language quotes:

Mr Wikstroem posted:

Hey! Don't lump the rest of us in with the Finns! We have no loving clue what the hell they're saying when they speak in their car crash of a language.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

My Lovely Horse posted:

Neither have they apparently

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

More language quotes:

Mr. Sunshine posted:

Swedish is the language of kings. Norwegian is Swedish for mountain hillbillies. Danish was a language once, but then something terrible happened. Finnish is...
Know what, I guess Finns are Martians. Drunk Martians.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

Slugnoid posted:

her fat moon faced boyfriend rooting around those giant filthy sweaty thighs for that horrible meaty oval office like a pig hunting for truffles his fat tongue slithering over her clit not realising it's actually a bed sore

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

:stonklol: posted:

We love each other dearly and hope to be married one day, but due to our size and his relatively small (6") penis we are unable to have penetrative sex.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
6 inches is fairly average, soooo :v:

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Tollymain posted:

6 inches is fairly average, soooo :v:

She's yet another of a long line of fat disgusting women who blame their boyfriend for their inability to be pleased rather than their cavernous vaginas or their horrific panniculus, that's :thejoke:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

:barf:

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles
When youre the size of a comet 6 inches is relatively small

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Big Centipede posted:

When youre the size of a comet 6 inches is relatively small

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

cyberia posted:

Can someone please tell me what this thing is? I found it in a thrift store, it's wooden, painted green with pheasants and butterflies on it and opens up. It's about the size of a bagel :confused:

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

That's a Japanese bagel keeper.

Mescal posted:

Yeah definitely a JBK, but almost certainly a repro of a famous design. Fakes can be worth money too, depending on the craftsmanship.

XmasGiftFromWife posted:

I wish ametures would do more research before they post. This is not a bagel keeper (did not appear until c18th century) but for doughnuts. The lip with its raised groove served two purposes: 1 to keep doughnut hot while it was brought up to nobles and samurai 2 to keep powdered sugar off the fingers of the upper class. The messy sugar was seen as an insult to ancestors when stuck on fingers and licking of the fingers is forbidden as it resembles a funerary custom.

tuyop posted:

:rolleyes: History undergrad spotted!

Japanese Doughnut/Bagel Keepers make their appearance on Honshu after the Taika Reforms of 645CE. This is, in fact, a Tang Era Sino Bagel Keeper approved by the administration for candidates of the state examination. The "pheasants" are actually controversial renditions of the Earth Spirit which indicates that the original owner of this SBK sought humility and balance and may have been Taoist, though Buddhist is more likely. The "butterflies" are butterflies, which are pretty and have no historical significance.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Shes pissed off I stay up late at night and threatened to take my laptop away so I told her I paid for it with my money it doesn't belong to her and she ripped the power cord out of the wal and walked out of my room. After a minute she came back in and gave the cords to me and said from now on I get up in the mornings when she gets up, she better thank God she gave the cords back i am stronger than her and could easily send her to the hospital if I had to. I'm tired of her always being a bitch and if she doesn't change her act, she'll learn the person in power isn't the person who's older, it's the person who's stronger.

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I'm 24 I shouldn't have to deal with this poo poo

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I can't contribute because I can't get a job

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I do what I can around the house. I do some cleaning and laundry

I cook sometimes but mostly we eat fast food or frozen dinners

I don't know any maintenancce

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Kids these days have no respect.
Hmmm.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I thought the followup below was good:

natetimm posted:

In a just world you would be conscripted and sent to some horrible desert hell to die.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

His username is German for "a cool guy" or "one cool guy" which is funny because he is not that thing.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bertrand Hustle posted:

His username is German for "a cool guy" or "one cool guy" which is funny because he is not that thing.

it's gotta be a fakepost, right? I'm choosing to believe it's a fakepost because god drat son.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I'm not sure anything from E/N is not a fakepost anymore.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

it's gotta be a fakepost, right? I'm choosing to believe it's a fakepost because god drat son.
He has a video on YouTube where he mumbles "bump... bump... bump... bump... bump... bump..." as Sonic the Hedgehog bounces between two sets of springs on a battered CRT in his filthy goonlair.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

His post history is almost nothing but terse one-liners in GBS so I'm pretty sure he's winding everyone up, someone that genuinely pathetic would make bigger posts more often.

Sham bam bamina! posted:

He has a video on YouTube where he mumbles "bump... bump... bump... bump... bump... bump..." as Sonic the Hedgehog bounces between two sets of springs on a battered CRT in his filthy goonlair.

Ok never mind, maybe he's just a serial killer

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Oxxidation posted:

Ok never mind, maybe he's just a serial killer

Your title is fitting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

My Lovely Horse posted:

I'm not sure anything from E/N is not a fakepost anymore.

but what if people are taking advantage of the "oh everyone fakeposts nowdays" to be brutally honest about how much of a fuckup they really are while writting in a deeply ironic way knowing that most people won't take them seriously while one or two good souls will give sound advice, effectively obtaining the help they need while also pretending to be in on the joke all along?

• Locked thread