Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Cutscene Powers posted:

Oh the name changed back

What was wrong with the old one? I liked the Nofriendo Entertainment System.
I guess it's because some people who hate fun complained.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Where will us Nofriendos be entertained now? :smith:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
So I'm guessing FYAD let the rights to the Let's Play name and likeness lapse, as I mentioned a few pages ago might happen

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Forget the Nofriendos, now we can be our true calling all along, the Youtube Superstar Station.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
Wow, have there really been over 100 posts about the name changing back again? Oh... oh no, it was something far more sinister.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I just want to know if any Youtube Super Stars made LP threads when it was under FYAD ownership.

E: and also if this caused actual Youtube Super Stardom to occur.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

IGgy IGsen posted:

What was wrong with the old one? I liked the Nofriendo Entertainment System.

I live a joyless life so serious answer time!!!!!!!!

LP is (or was and still is at times) a big draw for SA. So when you make it even harder to find, people don't come/stay. I don't think it was a business decision like that, but I mean, how long was the shelf life on that joke anyway? If it's between "weeks-old joke" and "name the thing what it actually is," yeah I get it.

I didn't really care for the name, but I didn't complain or anything.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

But there's no description next to the forum when you view it in Games. How are you supposed to know what this place is? Let's Play what? Who? How???

At least name this forum properly, the previous name at least told you what this place is. Let's Play is just a nonsense name and will, frankly, never catch on.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Why not keep the name Let's Play Forum, but give the description the "Nofriendo Entertainment System" entry...since there no description right now anyway.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

slowbeef posted:

LP is (or was and still is at times) a big draw for SA. So when you make it even harder to find, people don't come/stay. I don't think it was a business decision like that, but I mean, how long was the shelf life on that joke anyway? If it's between "weeks-old joke" and "name the thing what it actually is," yeah I get it.

6-8 months, I'd say? There's nothing funnier than putting nerds in their place.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Suspicious Dish posted:

6-8 months, I'd say? There's nothing funnier than putting nerds in their place.

I see no nerds here, only close-knit friends connected by a central hobby. :h:

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

CJacobs posted:

I see no nerds here, only close-knit friends connected by a central hobby. :h:
Close-knit friends? Does this mean we can all be happy and love each other and stop to argue for several pages whether or not someone takes this whole Let's Play thing too seriously like it's any of our business to decide what amount of time and effort someone puts into their hobby? Because I'm all for that.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Rirse posted:

Why not keep the name Let's Play Forum, but give the description the "Nofriendo Entertainment System" entry...since there no description right now anyway.

It's way too negative a name to encourage new growth and development in the community.

It should be Super Nofriendo Entertainment system.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Nofriendo Lamecube

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

We can start an LP group called the Nofriendo Virtual Boys.
There can be girls too, I don't mind. But I think you understand why we need to be called the Virtual Boys.

E: Virtual Boyz

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Boiz

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
You are excluding the Let's Playdies

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Master Systers

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

IGgy IGsen posted:

Close-knit friends? Does this mean we can all be happy and love each other and stop to argue for several pages whether or not someone takes this whole Let's Play thing too seriously like it's any of our business to decide what amount of time and effort someone puts into their hobby? Because I'm all for that.

I wish.

edit: What the hell is up with the fonts on SA lately? Do they look big and crappy and widely spaced for everyone else?

It looks especially bad on the control panel.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

IGgy IGsen posted:

We fight because we love.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

CJacobs posted:

I wish.

edit: What the hell is up with the fonts on SA lately? Do they look big and crappy and widely spaced for everyone else?

Yeah, the font changed again.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

CJacobs posted:

I wish.

lowtax is messing with the font for a better mobile browsing experience

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
Better for making me puke. Why can't he make it detect mobile user agents or something so I don't have to see this on my PC?

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

toddy. posted:

If by you idiots you mean Actually Pins then ok.

yo i posted hentai too

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

abodidgeridoo posted:

If by you idiots you mean Actually Pins then ok.

Level Slide posted:

yo i posted hentai too

ya same

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~

Jsor posted:

Master Systers

SeHa Girls

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Cheez posted:

Better for making me puke. Why can't he make it detect mobile user agents or something so I don't have to see this on my PC?

that costs money

also let's play fill in the blank:

Putty fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Dec 13, 2014

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Putty posted:

that costs money

:(

Nofriendo Entertainment Zone will forever be in our hearts.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Putty posted:

"The name's back, the friends... aren't."

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

nine-gear crow posted:

"The name's back, the friends... aren't."

Nice

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~

*nods sagely*

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
Really though the worst part about the subforum getting its actual name back is that new people don't have to scour the forums with a fine comb for it to post their lovely YouTube dumps so get used to that happening again. It was a good break in the Nofriendo Shamecube, rest.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Hmm, yes, the thing dragging this forum's quality down are the people posting LPs.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Suspicious Dish posted:

Hmm, yes, the thing dragging this forum's quality down are the people posting LPs.
Just people posting, really.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The thing dragging it down is people overanalyzing a forum name when literally every other forum goes through name-change poo poo all the time without anyone caring.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!

Mega64 posted:

The thing dragging it down is people overanalyzing a forum name when literally every other forum goes through name-change poo poo all the time without anyone caring.

The other forums haven't become an internet phenomenon yet.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Mega64 posted:

It seemed to me that the third thing dragging the forum down was people overanalyzing people goofing around pretending to overanalyze a forum name when literally every other forum goes through name-change poo poo all the time without anyone caring.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

toddy. posted:

*nods sagely*

ya same

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Mega64 posted:

toddy. posted:

*nods sagely*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Cheez posted:

The other forums haven't become an internet phenomenon yet.

lol

• Locked thread