Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

So what would be a good ENB preset if I was looking for something to give the game a richer, moodier feel? I've always felt like some areas(around Whiterun for example) looked really washed out and colorless. Only thing is, I'm running several HD texture packs (Book of Silence, for example) and I don't want my video card to melt or my FPS to drop so hard it tunnels through the floor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i tend to not use ENBs because of the performance hit on my not-amazing computer but PureVision or Quietcool might fit the bill okay. they're ENBs that add color without making the game look like a cartoon.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Oh, for the love of gently caress. Skyrim Ultra HD Texture Pack is now offline at SkyrimNexus. Can anyone help me in finding a copy of that one? Also, anyone know what the hell happened there?

Malek Deneith
Jun 1, 2011
Quick question - is there any mod that adds some sort of UI marker/countdown to show if shouts are still on cooldown?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I started with like 10 mods and am now up to 100ish, looking to get on the ENB train once I figure it out. This game has really aged well if you mod the poo poo out of it ;)

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Malek Deneith posted:

Quick question - is there any mod that adds some sort of UI marker/countdown to show if shouts are still on cooldown?

Doesn't the vanilla UI have this? Some kinda glowy effect on your compass. Haven't played Skyrim in a long while now and everything UI related was always modded away in my game.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Yeah, the blue glow around the compass slowly bleeds back to gray. It flashes gently to tell you when the time is up. A bit too rough for telling milliseconds, but it does the job.

Malek Deneith
Jun 1, 2011
Huh. Guess I never noticed. Thanks for the info.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
I have a really weird problem. When I get into combat outside with an animal, my game lags like crazy. When the enemies are dead, the game resumes it's regular speed. I don't have this problem in caves at all. I don't even have any mods that change animals beyond unofficial patches (and PERMA). It's really weird because sometimes in combat with humanoid opponents outside will run like butter, but other times that will lag too. But it's only outside, and never inside cells.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
Are there any mods that prevent reanimated minions from disappearing between cells?

Actually a patch that lets you treat permanent minions as EFF followers after taking the Tongues of Old perk in PerMa's Conjuration tree would be awesome.

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Dec 11, 2014

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Alasyre posted:

Are there any mods that prevent reanimated minions from disappearing between cells?

Actually a patch that lets you treat permanent minions as EFF followers after taking the Tongues of Old perk in PerMa's Conjuration tree would be awesome.

Oh, is *that* what's happening? My pet Dead Thralls have a nasty tendency to disappear/die again on me, when I'm not keeping close track of 'em. I've spent waaaay too much time throwing Detect Dead to find Arch-Curate Vyrthur's latest liedown. Lost Daynas Valen when swimming across to the north shore by Solitude, too.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
If you're using Perma, make sure that you don't have stacking Reanimation/Dead Thrall effects. PerMa Has difficulty dispelling those effects when minions die or disappear incorrectly, especially with the Mark of Decay spell. Although, the only result from this is that you Conjuration skill levels on its own at a fairly quick pace.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
Nah, I'm SPERG'd only. (Well, other crap as well, but not PerMa.)

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Ok, here's a request I haven't seen before. Is there any mod out there that allows you to switch from one-handing a weapon to two handing it and back while using the same model? Basically just switching it's animation set? Ideally, I'd like to emulate Dark Souls and how you can switch between the two styles with a single button press.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Canemacar posted:

Ok, here's a request I haven't seen before. Is there any mod out there that allows you to switch from one-handing a weapon to two handing it and back while using the same model? Basically just switching it's animation set? Ideally, I'd like to emulate Dark Souls and how you can switch between the two styles with a single button press.

Here you go:
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58973/

I've never actually used it though, so I don't know if it's buggy or not.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Linnaeus posted:

Here you go:

Cool, thanks. Looks like it works with Dual Sheath and Equipping Overhaul, my two main equipment mods. Definitely going to try this one out.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Can't seem to find anything myself-but I'm probably just :downs:-ing out. Are there any alchemy or enchanting mods that add more effects? Sleep/rage, stuff like that.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

For enchanting, try Wintermyst. Its great.

Anyhow, I started working on my own custom follower mod:

Happy little trees. (I know the face needs a lot of work.)

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

Agents are GO! posted:

Anyhow, I started working on my own custom follower mod:

Happy little trees. (I know the face needs a lot of work.)

Oh man if you could create a palette for him to use as a shield and a brush as a weapon, this would be pretty hilarious.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I'll replay Skyrim with a Bob Ross follower. Are you planning on doing soundbytes and whatnot?

Drinkin' out of a Bob Ross coffee mug right now. May he rest in peace.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Gyshall posted:

I'll replay Skyrim with a Bob Ross follower. Are you planning on doing soundbytes and whatnot?

Drinkin' out of a Bob Ross coffee mug right now. May he rest in peace.

Yes. I need to work on his face first. :)

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Agents are GO! posted:

Oooh, Wintermyst looks interesting.

"Sunlight - Burns undead for pure damage." HEY BEEB!

"Gladiator's Glory - Grants gold when you perform a killmove." :getin: Just the thing for my unarmed run...

"Steal Weapons - % to steal the target's equipped weapons." Not to mention this.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010

Linnaeus posted:

Here you go:

I'd give this one a pass. I used it and in the 10 minutes I had it installed I lost my weapon (turned invisible and could not equip it) and got hit with a bug where all my weapons did 0 damage. Also the hotkey doesn't always work so you need to switch from 1H to 2H and vise versa somewhere safe and it can take several tries of switching grips before the one you want sticks. That's IF your weapon doesn't straight-up disappear like mine did. Also bows will randomly transmute into a dagger or other random melee weapon with no way to switch back.

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008

flowinprose posted:

Oh man if you could create a palette for him to use as a shield and a brush as a weapon, this would be pretty hilarious.

The paintbrush should be a magic wand that conjures trees and clouds that cast Calm on people.

Seriously looking forward to a Bob Ross mod.

Edit: Also, his combat barks should include lots of "beat the devil out of it".

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

flowinprose posted:

This should be pretty easy. Retexture the Banded Iron Shield to a palette and either an Elven or Orcish mace as a paintbrush. :eng101:

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I used to be an air for sergeant until I took an arrow to the knee

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Praetorian Mage posted:

The paintbrush should be a magic wand that conjures trees and clouds that cast Calm on people.

Seriously looking forward to a Bob Ross mod.

Edit: Also, his combat barks should include lots of "beat the devil out of it".

Wasn't that whole thing some kind of side-quest in Oblivion? I remember some poo poo about being transported into a painting and waving a brush around... but I hadn't played obliv in forever and might just be tripping out on that. Only found it once.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Naturally Selected posted:

Wasn't that whole thing some kind of side-quest in Oblivion? I remember some poo poo about being transported into a painting and waving a brush around... but I hadn't played obliv in forever and might just be tripping out on that. Only found it once.

well you don't wave a brush around but you do put Turpentine on your weapon to kill paint trolls.

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008

Man Whore posted:

well you don't wave a brush around but you do put Turpentine on your weapon to kill paint trolls.

And Painted Troll Fat has apparently become a highly valued commodity, despite there being only one known source for it. The owner of the magic brush was a Dunmer, so it's possible he's still alive 200 years later, but I have no idea how anyone ever even heard of Painted Troll Fat, considering that he wanted to keep the whole thing secret. Maybe the Champion of Cyrodiil told everyone, or maybe a greedy descendant murdered the painter from Oblivion and stole the brush for profit.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

So I've started having that >60fps bug where physics objects start freaking out, but I forget how to fix it. Can you limit the FPS in ENB? I've been using ENBBoost which I guess is why my FPS is up.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Doomsayer posted:

So I've started having that >60fps bug where physics objects start freaking out, but I forget how to fix it. Can you limit the FPS in ENB? I've been using ENBBoost which I guess is why my FPS is up.

There's definitely a limiter function in the latest ENB (it's in enblocal.ini, i think?). You can also force vsync through your video driver. Or turn on ENB effects and never worry about hitting 60fps again :v:

E: Speaking of, I finally managed to find a decent ENB setup that lets me play at acceptable-ish levels (40-ish outside, 60 indoors/dungeons. I think ENB has some weird poo poo going on with the sun rendering, since the same spots I tank to 30 outside during the day, I get a solid 60 at night) and goddamn is the game so much prettier. Subsurface and SSAO make such a dramatic difference it's not even funny.

Naturally Selected fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Dec 13, 2014

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Just want to throw a shoutout to an awesome little mod I've been using: Take Notes!

It basically gives you your own in-game journal, separated into chapters, where you can jot down your own notes. Use it as a quest reminder, console command/ref id list, Hotkey reminder, keep track of alchemy recipes, or do what I've been doing and use it to role-play. I've only just killed the first dragon and this character already feels much richer and deeper than any other I've played. It's fun to sit down at the end of the (in-game) day and write a brief recap of what happened that day and what your character is thinking about it.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/48375/

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
That reminds me that FISS is a thing that exists. Have any mods with MCMs taken the jump to using it to store settings so you don't need to set everything to your liking between each new game?

eta: turns out there is a list!

quote:

Here's a list of mods currently using FISS
Take Notes - Journal of the Dragonborn
MinimalHUD
Spellmaking in Skyrim - The last altar
Dynamic Potions - Poisons - Ingredients - Food(Source Code included)
Dynamic Magicka and Stamina Growth
A Matter of Time - A HUD clock widget
Enchanted Arsenal
Widget Mod
Living takes time
Timing is everything (source included)

Solarflare
Apr 21, 2008
I noticed after forging myself a greatsword in PerMa that swinging it around doesn't seem to consume stamina. I've tried a couple other swords as well, seems to be everything in the "greatsword" category. Anyone else experiencing this/know if it's intended?

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Solarflare posted:

I noticed after forging myself a greatsword in PerMa that swinging it around doesn't seem to consume stamina. I've tried a couple other swords as well, seems to be everything in the "greatsword" category. Anyone else experiencing this/know if it's intended?

Theres a smithing perk that does that i believe.

Solarflare
Apr 21, 2008
Yeah, I saw that one, but it's high up in the tree and I don't have it yet.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Solarflare posted:

Huh, dont know what to tell you then.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Solarflare posted:

Free perk? You could try manually removing the perk from your character if the game got confused and secretly assigned it to you.

I'm having some trouble myself with brawls. I downloaded the brawl bugfix from nexus, but I think it's conflicting with another mod of mine. When I tried to recruit Uthgerd, she would stand up, sometimes raise her fists and yell "you want a real fight?"(which apparently means the brawl ended and actual combat began), or else she would immediately sit back down. The only mods I can see possibly affecting it are SPERG(it's brawl compatibility toggle just ends with her chasing me around the Bannered Mare with a greatsword), and Enhanced Blood. But according to the author of EB, his files are exactly the same as the brawl fix. Any ideas?

I was able to bypass Uthgerd's dual by simply using the console to set player.setrelationshiprank to 3, which made her recruitable. I'm hoping I can do the same thing with the first Companion quest, it's the only other brawl I intend to do in the game.

Solarflare
Apr 21, 2008
I looked into it a bit more and saw that other people are having this issue as well. http://www.reddit.com/r/PerkusMaximus/comments/2ni37a/perma_and_stamina_drain_bug_or_by_design/ It's probably a bug which I'm just bypassing at this point by using greataxes/hammers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Canemacar posted:

Free perk? You could try manually removing the perk from your character if the game got confused and secretly assigned it to you.

I'm having some trouble myself with brawls. I downloaded the brawl bugfix from nexus, but I think it's conflicting with another mod of mine. When I tried to recruit Uthgerd, she would stand up, sometimes raise her fists and yell "you want a real fight?"(which apparently means the brawl ended and actual combat began), or else she would immediately sit back down. The only mods I can see possibly affecting it are SPERG(it's brawl compatibility toggle just ends with her chasing me around the Bannered Mare with a greatsword), and Enhanced Blood. But according to the author of EB, his files are exactly the same as the brawl fix. Any ideas?

I was able to bypass Uthgerd's dual by simply using the console to set player.setrelationshiprank to 3, which made her recruitable. I'm hoping I can do the same thing with the first Companion quest, it's the only other brawl I intend to do in the game.

From a page ago:

Agents are GO! posted:

Anyhow, I found something rather great tonight. The Brawl Bugs Cheat Patch. Basically, its supposed to make it so the Brawl bugs patch lets anything go during a brawl. No more trying to figure out which of my 200 mods is breaking brawls. It was originally on a mediafire link, I've rehosted it on my Google Drive.

Basically, install that and brawls become anything goes, which is great when you don't know what exactly is breaking brawls. I don't plan to play without it again. :)

(Install it on top of the original Brawl Bugs Patch.)

edit: Bob Ross is coming along well!

I re-did his face by using the ingame character edit and then exporting it. I think this is as good as *I* can do. If somebody reading this can do a better one, gimme a holler.

He even has a unique, lore-friendly summon! :)

I am now busily downloading bob ross MP3s so I can splice together some dialogue.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Dec 14, 2014

• Locked thread