Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I've been playing Wind Waker. It's actually possible to get all the figurenes now which is cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

i liked making figurines but the process was completely loving insane in the original

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Any of you played the new mod on steam, "Lambda Wars"? It's pretty fun. It's a Half Life RTS, and the combine get headcrab launchers, which piss off every other player since they're hostile to everyone.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Hog Inspector posted:

i liked making figurines but the process was completely loving insane in the original

You literally needed to complete it on the second play through and there's less missable characters and you can hold more than 3 pictures in your picto box so I'd say its a pretty huge improvement

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I started playing Suikoden on my PSP and even though the game feels pretty archaic there's a certain charm that makes me wanna keep going, also gently caress RPGs that don't have an auto-battle feature (actually some are still good like FFIX)

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Aw man, they changed the name of Let's Play back. Why did they do that?

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I dont like auto battle actually. If your combat is so loving piss boring you have to add the option to just ignore it, why would I play your game?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Austrian mook posted:

I dont like auto battle actually. If your combat is so loving piss boring you have to add the option to just ignore it, why would I play your game?

So you can have something to fiddle with and watch numbers go up when you grind in some zone that won't kill you.

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!
I've become addicted to Pop'n Music. Slapping bright, multicolored buttons as notes fall down the screen is insanely fun.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Gonna play Wii U for the first time tomorrow. Trying Smash 4 then probably moving over to Project M because the folks prefer it, though. What do y'all think?

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Looking for recommendations for objectively-good singleplayer games on PC. Ones on par with System Shock 2, Psychonauts, The Witcher 2, Deus Ex, Half-Life, Hitman Blood Money, Alpha Protocol, Metro etc.

Recently lost interest in and abandoned Hitman Abolution, Tomb Raider, and Assassin's creed Revelations. Looking to not waste more time.

Are there any good multiplayer games coming out these days? Looked like most things coming out were free-to-play stuff where you're not on a level playing field with the other players.

Dominoes fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Dec 13, 2014

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
The gothic and risen series can be good, but only certain ones.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
gothic 2, 3
risen 1

B)

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Most new games on the pc are going to be free to play by sheer volume and the change in the industry.

Not all of them are bad, but a lot are.

I've been thinking that maybe we need a general soon to be released games thread for pc xbone nintendo ect and have it link to information about the game and threads if they exist.

That would cover a lot of stuff.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Dominoes posted:

Looking for recommendations for objectively-good singleplayer games on PC. Ones on par with System Shock 2, Psychonauts, The Witcher 2, Deus Ex, Half-Life, Hitman Blood Money, Alpha Protocol, Metro etc.

Recently lost interest in and abandoned Hitman Abolution, Tomb Raider, and Assassin's creed Revelations. Looking to not waste more time.

Are there any good multiplayer games coming out these days? Looked like most things coming out were free-to-play stuff where you're not on a level playing field with the other players.

It's hard to think of many PC games recently that are good enough to deserve to be played by everyone like the games you listed. Diablo 3 is pretty amazing, but not if you wanted to play it as a straight up single player game. There are lots of good games still, but they're not for everyone, like Wasteland 2 or Legend of Grimrock 2 are both amazing but only if you like RPGs of those styles.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

FEAR is the single best pure shooter on PC :colbert: New Deus Ex was alright, too. Was the new Wolfenstein good? It got buzz and I was thinking of getting it over Christmas.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Dominoes posted:

I would put Dishonored up against any of those.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Dishonored is nowhere near as good as SS2 or Deus Ex but it's still pretty great

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
i wish dishonored didnt for some reason give me a massive headache to play like borderlands 1 did because id like to play it out and see how the story goes. like it makes the part behind my eyeballs hurt

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Kewpuh posted:

i wish dishonored didnt for some reason give me a massive headache to play like borderlands 1 did because id like to play it out and see how the story goes. like it makes the part behind my eyeballs hurt

It's something with the way movement is in all of these modern console FPS games, FarCry 4 is doing the same poo poo to me right now.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Kewpuh posted:

sit 4 feet from your screen, wear your gunnar glasses, turn the lights on in your room

Zero!
Apr 13, 2011

You're gonna have to try a little harder than THAT.

Kewpuh posted:

Did you try messing with the FOV? I find that sub 80 FOV can do that to me in games where it's locked super low but 90+ tends to be fine.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Zero! posted:

Did you try messing with the FOV? I find that sub 80 FOV can do that to me in games where it's locked super low but 90+ tends to be fine.

unless there was a slider or some other option in the video settings then no

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Third World Reggin posted:

Most new games on the pc are going to be free to play by sheer volume and the change in the industry.

Not all of them are bad, but a lot are.
The only free-to-play I've seen didn't skeez me out is TF2.

Zombie Samurai posted:

I would put Dishonored up against any of those.
Yea; loved Dishonored.

Just bought The Talos Principle - high hopes.

Some adventure games that have come out recently like Broken Age and Dreamfall Chapters have been delightful, but the adventure game community's somewhat niche.

Dominoes fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Dec 13, 2014

Zero!
Apr 13, 2011

You're gonna have to try a little harder than THAT.
Assuming you were playing Dishonored on PC, yeah, I think it had a slider for 70-110 or so?

Don't think consoles got that option though so if you were on one of them then you're poo poo outta luck.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kewpuh posted:

for me this was a combination of the small FoV + motion blur

motion blur/lens flare in games has made my eyes hurt as long as they've been doing it

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

hubris.height posted:

yeah i like to cut my megaten with etrian odyssey so that the high lasts longer

:respek:

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Dominoes posted:

Just bought The Talos Principle - high hopes.

Some adventure games that have come out recently like Broken Age and Dreamfall Chapters have been delightful, but the adventure game community's somewhat niche.

Adventure games are the poo poo. The King's Quest remakes, Journey, Dreamfall... all awesome games. I'm psyched about the new KQ game. It looks kinda platformy but I don't give a poo poo. Package a turd in a KQ box and I'll open it. MASK OF ETERNITY DID NOTHING WRONG

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Obscure fact: King's Quest V actually got a Japanese release. They put in exactly the same amount of effort into the Japanese voices as the English ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO6sxyduvZ4&t=64s

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
FEAR owns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coFLF3itB5A

To this day there probably hasn't been a better implemented FPS AI system.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Ddraig posted:

FEAR owns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coFLF3itB5A

To this day there probably hasn't been a better implemented FPS AI system.

Agreed so hard. Also holds the Lifetime Achievement Award for Best Shotgun.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I wish they hadn't focused on Alma so much and made the future games about fighting some new, weird thing.

Basically Ghostbusters with an awesome shotgun.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
monolith hasn't made a good game since mk3

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

StashAugustine posted:

FEAR is the single best pure shooter on PC :colbert: New Deus Ex was alright, too. Was the new Wolfenstein good? It got buzz and I was thinking of getting it over Christmas.

Get it. W:tNO is the best shooter of 2014 by a mile. its an encounter based shooter with cool stealth mechanics (encounters don't end unless you kill commanders and you can take them out silently with a little planning before they call any reinforcements) great characters and pacing, amazing set pieces, tons of treasures and secrets, fun guns, and fast loose movement that feels great.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Dominoes posted:

X-com Enemy Within, Endless Legend, Skyrim w/ SkyRE mod, Dark Souls 2 w/controller, Prison Architect, Revenge of the Titans, Fallout:New Vegas, South Park Stick of Truth, Dead Space, X-com Enemy Within.

Just some good single player PC games off the top of my head.

If you haven't played X-com Enemy Within yet then you need to get on that.

Here are some Multiplayer games I have been playing recently.

With anyone: Warframe, Heroes and Generals, Infinity Wars,
Much Better with friends:Space Engineers, 7 Days to Die, Viscera Cleanup Detail

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Dec 13, 2014

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Keep in mind that any friendships you had prior to playing Viscera Cleanup Detail will literally be damaged for knocking over a bucket. Great game with friends.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm going to recommend Alien: Isolation to the PC game recommendation, there's some reasonable gripes about the AI, but I think it's one of the most interesting stealth games to come around in a long time.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

THE PENETRATOR posted:

monolith hasn't made a good game since mk3
Shadow of Mordor is cool.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
hmm i heard that shadows of mordor really shits the bed in the last 1/3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

more like the last half hour than any meaningful % of the game. there's a big 3rd map but its just used as a final boss level that you breeze through because the ending gameplay is designed really poorly.

Accordion Man posted:

Shadow of Mordor is cool.

totally.

i wish they either went full sandbox and axed the campaign or put more than a half rear end effort into it though. gameplay is great but the game is kind of hodgepodgey.

hoping the sequel blows it out of the water.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Dec 13, 2014

• Locked thread