Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

LanceKing2200 posted:

When MBD gets home he's going to give me control of the bracket, and I'm going to update all of the records. If you want to post the scores of any matches that aren't currently recorded feel free, but I'm probably going to go back through the thread to check anyway.

you might be my next opponent but i can't parse the arcane jumble of thread +losers bracket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

you might be my next opponent but i can't parse the arcane jumble of thread +losers bracket

Assuming neither Pops Mcgee nor A Fancy Bloke show up in the next... 4 hours or so, yes.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Reksi posted:

The bottom half of winners bracket needs updating

Lon Lon Rabbit beat Ometeotl 2-1
Lon Lon Rabbit beat PantsBandit 2-0
Reksi beat Lon Lon Rabbit 2-0

to those of you still alive in winners... I only grow stronger while I wait

Thank you.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
DoctorWhat i friended you, lemme know when you are good to fight. i also want to record it, you cool if we do a test match first?

as an aside, i recorded the fights i had against Thanks Internet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q7YRZVPEe0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va0_YTmnFis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1IKUy_yZN4

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dr. Mario is my poo poo. I respect you

last match at 2:17 as DR. M, i would've considered a nair fast fall

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

ok. I will spend that time training in my hypergravity chamber

Got a room open, I'm Jonathan.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
sorry jonathan i forgot i had items on tbh

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Not sure what happened that last match.... Is that a draw? did I dc?

Edit: np figured as much

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
my clumsy oaf hands, more suited to a serial strangler than smasher, mashed start and accidentally quit. wasn't planning to count it either way

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

drat nice work with the koopa kid

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

i am attempting to join your tournament match

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Aaagh locus fart hell takes it 2-1. He had a near comeback in the first match and then thrashed me the second two. Beware his Iggy for he is fierce and strong.

Up for some more friendlies?

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
koopa kid has slain koopa kid. good games tender bender, that first match was crazily close. also hell yeah friendlies. items on or off?

(i won 2-1)

edit: this'll have to be my last as it's 3am here

A Great Big Bee! fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Dec 13, 2014

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Dieting Hippo posted:

DoctorWhat i friended you, lemme know when you are good to fight. i also want to record it, you cool if we do a test match first?

as an aside, i recorded the fights i had against Thanks Internet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q7YRZVPEe0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va0_YTmnFis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1IKUy_yZN4

Um I'm going to bed, but noon EST SHOULD work fine, barring weird circumstances.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

koopa kid has slain koopa kid. good games tender bender, that first match was crazily close. also hell yeah friendlies. items on or off?

(i won 2-1)

Np, thanks for the fun smashing.

Recap for everyone else:
1) Roy vs Toon Link: I got a quick kill on his Toon Link then he came back hard and nearly won. I think I was over 130% on my last stock.

2) Diddy vs Iggy: This is where I met the horror that is Locust Fart Hell's Iggy. He didn't lose a stock, it was embarrassing.

3) Roy vs Iggy: We both used the character we had won with. In a tragic bloody clash, brother turned on brother. He thrashed me pretty well here, had two stocks left.

Highlights from our friendlies: With our last stocks on Norfair we both got KO'd by the acid tidal wave but I won because I got the slower death animation (the match ended with my DK's face smushed against the screen). Also the one where through pure coincidence I picked purple Charizard when he picked Samus.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Reksi posted:

The bottom half of winners bracket needs updating

Lon Lon Rabbit beat Ometeotl 2-1
Lon Lon Rabbit beat PantsBandit 2-0
Reksi beat Lon Lon Rabbit 2-0

to those of you still alive in winners... I only grow stronger while I wait

Thank you, I have updated this and the recent scores. LanceKing should have privileges now so i don't have to. cant wait to see the maple leaf matches, im proud of my friend sofia for taking a round off of him

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

mabels big day posted:

Thank you, I have updated this and the recent scores. LanceKing should have privileges now so i don't have to. cant wait to see the maple leaf matches, im proud of my friend sofia for taking a round off of him

Yes, I'm updating the bracket now, thank you.

And on that note The bracket is now up to date, if you see any incorrect scores let me know.

Also Pops Mcgee and A Fancy Bloke have 45 mins to show up, otherwise I move on to fight Sofia Coppola_OD_

Edit: Ok, dropping those two, it's been over a week. Sofia Coppola_OD_ let me know when's good for you.

LanceKing2200 fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Dec 13, 2014

DapperDuck
Apr 3, 2008

Fashionable people,
you're out of luck.
The most dapper one here,
is Dapper the Duck.

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

(i won 2-1)

we play next. I might be around Saturday, but probably not, I will be around Sunday.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
Here's the match between Sofia Coppola_OD_ and myself.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i love how much the walls on mario kart saved sofia on that last stock. good poo poo, unfortunate SD (?) at the beginning of the second game
edit: hot drat the third game was good

mabels big day fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Dec 13, 2014

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm doomed

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

so who am i replacing

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

man sofia let you get away with a lot of aura spheres. that was a really good force palm reflect in the second match though. good matches.

Ms. Unsmiley fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Dec 13, 2014

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

sharrrk posted:

so who am i replacing

probably one of the guys in losers. i forget who hasn't posted in a while. what do you think, lanceguy?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

I'm doomed

I told you

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
I beat EvilEagle, 2-0. Pretty fun matches! If I may suggest though, you use too many fireballs - they are best used as an offstage irritant rather than a mid-range wall. Especially against Lucario, because I can Double Team any of them and if I'm close enough, my attack will come out before your shield.

e: also, since this is a customs-allowed tournament, you should absolutely use Mario's Fast Fireball, Gust Cape, and optionally High-Pressure FLUDD. Fast Fireball trades some damage for turning Mario's fireball into Falco's laser, and since fireball typically isn't supposed to be used for damage, this is a good trade. Gust Cape retains every property of the regular cape, but it also gives it a massive and very powerful windbox - the only trade is that the cape "does less damage", which is basically a moot point, so Gust Cape is essentially nothing but a buff. And High-Pressure FLUDD gives the water longer range and more push power in exchange for taking longer to charge, and since you're not supposed to charge it if you and your opponent are in neutral anyway, it's a safe trade.

Maple Leaf fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Dec 13, 2014

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

mabels big day posted:

probably one of the guys in losers. i forget who hasn't posted in a while. what do you think, lanceguy?

He could replace a fancy bloke and face me, I just wanna play, haven't had a round in a week.

Going to bed right now though, I'll be around tomorrow afternoon.

Guy Freeman
Aug 31, 2006

Undersea Magic posted:

i'm only free after 10 p.m. most of the time, should be free on Sunday though.

Hmm... I could Smash between 4 and 8 PM on Sunday. Would that work for you?

Zeuhl
Dec 15, 2009

hand is free
Calling all qnqnx's's

i am ready to smash any time today

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Rhycool I can do tonight. Catch me in irc plz.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

LanceKing2200 posted:

He could replace a fancy bloke and face me, I just wanna play, haven't had a round in a week.

Going to bed right now though, I'll be around tomorrow afternoon.

i don't know if you're here or not but i can smash soon. i'm gonna get breakfast first though

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

sharrrk posted:

i don't know if you're here or not but i can smash soon. i'm gonna get breakfast first though

As long as we're done smashing by 5 EST I'm down (1:45 from now)

Edit. Im having you replace Pops Mcgee, who never showed up for a single match.

LanceKing2200 fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Dec 13, 2014

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i would like to give a shoutout to Pops Mcgee, for holding my place in this tournament for me while i was unable to play

also i am ready, whats your nnid or do i already have you, i'm sharrrk

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
NNID is same as SA name, I'll be on in like, 5 mins, let me get the stream set up.

Ok, stream is being a pain in the rear end, so I'll just upload the videos later, lets rock!

Rooms open

LanceKing2200 fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Dec 13, 2014

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

DoctorWhat posted:

Um I'm going to bed, but noon EST SHOULD work fine, barring weird circumstances.

Yeeeaaah so noon today obvs didn't happen. I can smash you later this evening, or noonish tomorrow.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Lag ate my last Up B input :(

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

holy poo poo that was wayyyy too close for comfort. i did not want that to go to a third match because i knew you figured out how to stop my poo poo. loving fireballs goddamn, what am i even supposed to do against that

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

good games, i was loving terrified to do anything

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Those were loving awesome games too. Unfortunately when i dropped my controller at the end it hit start and i couldnt save the third round :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

awww drat there was some really great stuff in that match too. oh well

• Locked thread