Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Just for the record, the whole Thea shooting Sarah thing by being drugged or whatever are not completely as insane as they seem. There really is a drug out there that will hypnotize you to do whatever someone asks you to do. It's called Scopolamine and it's crazy hosed up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scopolamine

VICE did a pretty cool documentary about it.
http://www.vice.com/video/colombian-devil-s-breath-1-of-2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Windows 98 posted:

Just for the record, the whole Thea shooting Sarah thing by being drugged or whatever are not completely as insane as they seem. There really is a drug out there that will hypnotize you to do whatever someone asks you to do. It's called Scopolamine and it's crazy hosed up.

Only 10%of the time, mostly you just pass out or get high, or another 10%of people go homicidal rage on the nearest living thing and kill it.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
I've read some hilarious conspiracy theories about scopolamine, but the stuff's too unreliable.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Error 404 posted:

another 10%of people go homicidal rage on the nearest living thing and kill it.

Shoot Thea up with some of it, drop her on a rooftop near Sarah, bam!

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I will probably stop watching the show if Sara or Tommy get brought back.

The network is having a real hard time leaving characters dead and it's ruining their shows.(Vampire Diaries and Supernatural I'm looking at you.)

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Windows 98 posted:

Unless I missed it, I don't think anyone in this thread batted an eye at the idea of a mind control drug existing.

Chopsy
Dec 27, 2005

GUNS GUNS GUNS
BIKES BIKES
YOUR MOM
The ATOM suit name stands for...Advanced Technology Operating Mechanism? Really? More like Acronym That's Offensively Meaningless.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lazarus Pits, mirakuru, Zombie drug, Murder Acid, 500 year old man, attractive stalkers. I'm all in. Come at me bro.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Rocksicles posted:

Lazarus Pits, mirakuru, Zombie drug, Murder Acid, 500 year old man, attractive stalkers. I'm all in. Come at me bro.

Add this to OP asap

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Rocksicles posted:

Lazarus Pits, mirakuru, Zombie drug, Murder Acid, 500 year old man, attractive stalkers

Black Canary blown away, what else do I have to say?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I think there is a point to be made that GA with a bow might of been able to take down Ras but Ollie isn't a great hand to hand fighter.

Also, if they keep Ollie out a month I hope the narration is done by someone different each week.

My name is John Diggle. I came to Starling City 3 years to avenge my brother...

My name is Roy Harper, 5 years ago I learned how to flip...

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Mooseontheloose posted:

My name is John Stewart Diggle. I came to Starling City 3 years to avenge my brother...

AHEM

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

"My name is Barry Allen, and one month ago I was asked to fill in on this voice-over thing."

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Mooseontheloose posted:

I think there is a point to be made that GA with a bow might of been able to take down Ras but Ollie isn't a great hand to hand fighter.

Also, if they keep Ollie out a month I hope the narration is done by someone different each week.

My name is John Diggle. I came to Starling City 3 years to avenge my brother...

My name is Roy Harper, 5 years ago I learned how to flip...

My name is Douchebag DJ. For five years I was tripping on acid with only one goal: good times. Now I will fulfill my turntable's dying wish: to use the list of records he left me and bring down those who are dropping my beat. To do this, I must become someone else; I must become something else.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

My name is Felicity Smoak. Why does this keep happening to me?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I think her line from earlier in the season about "having a type" when she saw Ray on the Salmon Ladder was funnier and basically expressed the same sentiment.

edit: Ray not Roy durr

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
My name is Roy Harper, and no, I don't know what my deal is either.

e: Alternatively,

My name is Roy Harper, and I think everyone went somewhere and forgot to tell me again.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
I'd put money on Roy and/or Laurel doing the intro monologue for the next few episodes.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
My name is Talia al'Ghul, and I just found a hot half-dead white dude.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Eddain posted:

My name is Talia al'Ghul, i'm on birth control.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
"My name is Raysh al'Ghul and no one can pronounce my name right."

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
My name is Slade and for the past nine months the I've been only been eating raw kangaroo.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Dec 13, 2014

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
That's why he's a badass, we all eat kangeroo.

I'm looking at one right now out the window.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

My name is Cupid, stupid.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Bruceski posted:

"My name is Barry Allen, and one month ago I was asked to fill in on this voice-over thing."

"but I already have my own voiceover, making this kinda redundant."

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
My name is Ray Palmer and I'm #winning

OptimusWang
Jul 9, 2007

Deakul posted:

I will probably stop watching the show if Sara or Tommy get brought back.

The network is having a real hard time leaving characters dead and it's ruining their shows.(Vampire Diaries and Supernatural I'm looking at you.)

Eh, other than the brothers and Castiel, most people that died have stayed relatively dead. No idea about Vamp Diaries though.

e: My name is Malcolm Merlyn, and ever since I was cast as Captain Jack Harkness I've been chewing the scenery like a motherfucker.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
My name is Bruce Wayne and I'm sorry about that show on Fox.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Here's the nitpick of all nitpicks but does it bug anybody else when in the intro he says "I am Oliver Queen" basically twice with barely a sentence between them?

quote:

My name is Oliver Queen and after 5 years in Hell I've come home to save my city. Now others have joined my crusade. To them I am Oliver Queen...

It always catches my ear and sounds weird is all.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

hcreight posted:

My name is Bruce Wayne and I'm sorry about that show on Fox.

I want the kid playing Bruce to do this.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I seriously think that the Omega Virus plot line is going to turn into something pretty major down the road either with flashbacks or it being brought over to The Flash, if it is we could see a "Crisis", which would be amazing.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
My name is Quentin Lance. Nine months ago my city was nearly destroyed, and only the help of a vigilante in green known as the Arrow kept me from losing my daughter. Now he's missing, and instead I've got this kid in red who thinks he's just as good but isn't, some jackass in a tin suit, and a woman in black leather who really seems to be trying too hard.

Let's face it: if I'm going to keep this city from falling to pieces, I need help from someone else. I need help from...something else.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

OptimusWang posted:

e: My name is Malcolm Merlyn, and ever since I was cast as Captain Jack Harkness I've been chewing the scenery like a motherfucker.

My name is Malcolm Merlyn and I'm quite tired, but also kinda buzzed. What do you say I take you home and eat your pussy.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

BSam posted:

My name is Malcolm Merlyn and I'm quite tired, but also kinda buzzed. What do you say I take you home and eat your pussy.

Ladies and gentlemen, we've found our new intro. :golfclap:

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Technogeek posted:

My name is Quentin Lance. Nine months ago my city was nearly destroyed, and only the help of a vigilante in green known as the Arrow kept me from losing my daughter. Now he's missing, and instead I've got this kid in red who thinks he's just as good but isn't, some jackass in a tin suit, and a woman in black leather who really seems to be trying too hard.

Let's face it: if I'm going to keep this city from falling to pieces, I need help from someone else. I need help from...something else.

I want to hear this so bad now.

gently caress it, I want to hear all of these.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
My name is John Diggle 9 months ago this crazy loving white guy I knew disappeared. Since I have a daughter and wife now, we've moved to a undisclosed location where we've bought a small home with a good mortgage rate. Both my wife and I have since gotten very well paying jobs in the private sector. On Saturdays, I take about a 46 minute poo poo, read my newspaper and then mow my lawn. My wife says we need laundry detergent, I need...a new battery charger.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
My name is Harrison Wells, and what am I doing here? Seriously, what?

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Error 404 posted:

My name is Harrison Wells, and what am I doing here? Seriously, what?

My name is Harrison Weels and shh, don't struggle,I make it short and painless, it will all be over soon. I am sorry but I can't allow you to hurt the Flash.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

e X posted:

My name is Harrison Weels and shh, don't struggle,I make it short and painless, it will all be over soon. I am sorry but I can't allow you to hurt the Flash.

My name is Harrison Wells, and *mouth trumpet noises*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Error 404 posted:

My name is Harrison Wells, and *mouth trumpet noises*

"I must become someone else, I must become, Captain Bubblebeard."

• Locked thread