Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

ineptmule posted:

Also I want to give her a chainsword or something in her right hand. Anyone know where I could get a kind of 'pointing' chainsword held in a right hand? I'm thinking along the lines of the Scions or Devastator sergeant sword.
You're cutting up original NM figures? Escher, no less? :stonk: You're a more adventurous man than I, sir. I look at the prices for NM stuff on Ebay and think of my retirement years when I have to resort to selling them, rather than eating cat food...

I just play with unmolested minis and keep track of upgrades on paper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

berzerkmonkey posted:

You're cutting up original NM figures? Escher, no less? :stonk: You're a more adventurous man than I, sir. I look at the prices for NM stuff on Ebay and think of my retirement years when I have to resort to selling them, rather than eating cat food...

Yeah I had to steel myself to do it. I've been gathering the Escher range for a long time though, and have a few spares. I have three of this particular mini.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

berzerkmonkey posted:

i collect a few all metal armies for the apocalypse so i can smelt them and make bullets (that will be extra lethal to PP players)

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Big Willy Style posted:

i collect a few all metal armies for the apocalypse so i can smelt them and make bullets (that will be extra lethal to PP players)
I'll just tie a string to my Typhon, instant morning star :v:

Mondrian
Jan 8, 2011

Big Willy Style posted:

GW bullets won't fly straight because they're unbalanced.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Big Willy Style posted:

Forge a dagger, call it Narrative,

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

SRM posted:

Slitherine's given a buttload of support to Panzer Corps and they said they wanted to make other games based on other wars for Armageddon and historical events in the 40k setting. They're really invested in it from the sounds of things.

Give me Vraks

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
I've got a great, big list of Necromunda (and Gorkamorka) stuff that I'm looking to trade for other Necromunda stuff. I'm also willing to buy for a reasonable price (though I really prefer to trade.)

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Got some decent photos of my Escher gang - and now I realize that I'm missing two models. I hope they are squirreled away somewhere...

Also, taking photos makes me realize that I am really not happy with the way these turned out. I had to rush to get them done in time for Adepticon last year and screwed up the skin tones. Oh well, one more thing to add to the list...

Pinky, the leader

Large Marge, the heavy

Kit Kat

Repo

Hotshot

Max

Razor

Crank

Spike

Unnamed Juve

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 17, 2014

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
Those purple guns are just so :allears:

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Slimnoid posted:

Those purple guns are just so :allears:

Thanks. the hair, guns, and yellow are the things I think turned out well. Actually, I'm really only disappointed in the skin - I tried something new and failed miserably.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
That's a Necromunda gang done right! Great color choices.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

berzerkmonkey posted:

Thanks. the hair, guns, and yellow are the things I think turned out well. Actually, I'm really only disappointed in the skin - I tried something new and failed miserably.

The skin is done about as well as can be. I dunno about you but I find Caucasian skin to be the worst thing to paint and I still don't have a full grasp of it after 14 years of painting tiny people.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

SRM posted:

That's a Necromunda gang done right! Great color choices.
Thanks! Though I can't claim credit for the choices - Sigur from Tale of Painters is the mastermind behind that.

Slimnoid posted:

The skin is done about as well as can be. I dunno about you but I find Caucasian skin to be the worst thing to paint and I still don't have a full grasp of it after 14 years of painting tiny people.
I usually do a base, a wash, then a highlight layer, and I'm happy. This time, I tried to do glazes and it did not come out. I mean, it isn't terrible, but I've done better. As a matter of fact, when I started them, the skin tone was perfect - then I tried to add blue eye shadow. Hoo boy, that did not go well... I stripped them and repainted and was never happy, but I didn't have the time to redo everything again.

I'm going to shoot for Goliaths next - gonna have a lot of skin to deal with on those guys.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

berzerkmonkey posted:

I'm going to shoot for Goliaths next - gonna have a lot of skin to deal with on those guys.
Looking forward to them! Goliaths are my favorite gang for the silly Mad Max quality they have. Are you going to go for the newer ones or the really old ones?

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

SRM posted:

Looking forward to them! Goliaths are my favorite gang for the silly Mad Max quality they have. Are you going to go for the newer ones or the really old ones?

I never used to like them, but I've found that they've grown on me for the same reason you stated - they're over the top and remind me of the time when the worst thing that could happen in a post-apocalyptic society was that everyone would have mohawks and look vaguely homoerotic.

Right now, I have a mix of new and old. I'd like to get all new, but it seems like the ones that were outside the box set are pretty tough to find. As a result, I'm going to mix things up a bit. I've seen a few gangs online that were mixed and they looked pretty decent with a unifying paint job. I think the major issue will be size, since the originals had bigger heads and hands than the newer models. I'll deal with it though.

I had picked up a Van Saar gang some time back, but when I received them, I found out that a lot were converted and I realized how bad the Van Saars look. I'm looking to get rid of them now. I've also got Ratskins and Cawdor to do - the Ratskins aren't bad, but the Cawdor are pretty blobby, and good lord, their eyes are next to impossible to paint with those drat hoods. I'm trying to determine if I want to keep my Delaques too - I'm conflicted as to whether I can live with them or not. They're not inspired sculpts at all, but they should be really easy to paint.

Ultimately, I'd like to get a few gangs painted in case anyone without wants to get a game in.

EDIT: Speaking of Mad Max, I was watching the trailers for the new movie, and I am really jonesing to make a Gorkamorka mob now. One more game system to have to make and paint models for... :smithicide:

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Dec 17, 2014

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

The ultimate fusion of man and machine.

Don't like the Van Saar's Dune still suit knock offs?

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

dishwasherlove posted:

Don't like the Van Saar's Dune still suit knock offs?

You know, I don't know what is is. I can't put my finger on it. The suits don't bother me, but something about the line as a whole just turns me off.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

The ultimate fusion of man and machine.

They just don't give off that Necromunda vibe as well as the other gangs imo.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Hooray - I found my two missing gangers last night:
Buzzkill (she apparently suffers from anime-eye)

Pop-Top

SRM - going by the Princess Ryan discussion in Painting, you're living somewhere in the Northeast US? Are you near CT, by any chance? I know it's short notice, but we're doing a small NM campaign this Saturday at the Time Machine in Manchester CT. It would be nice to have another player (I assume you're the also Brother SRM on Dakka?) We've got a few guys who come down from Mass and NH, so you'll be in good company.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

berzerkmonkey posted:

SRM - going by the Princess Ryan discussion in Painting, you're living somewhere in the Northeast US? Are you near CT, by any chance? I know it's short notice, but we're doing a small NM campaign this Saturday at the Time Machine in Manchester CT. It would be nice to have another player (I assume you're the also Brother SRM on Dakka?) We've got a few guys who come down from Mass and NH, so you'll be in good company.
I am the same Brother SRM! I used to live in CT and go to the Time Machine once in a while, but I'm up in Boston now. If I had a car I'd love to go! That store rules.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

SRM posted:

I am the same Brother SRM! I used to live in CT and go to the Time Machine once in a while, but I'm up in Boston now. If I had a car I'd love to go! That store rules.

Drop me an email at portablezombie at gmail - I don't want to clutter up this thread, but maybe we can coordinate something later on down the road. Like I said, a lot of our group is in Mass, and a couple guys live in Boston, so carpooling is certainly an option in the future. We sometimes play at the Whiz in Westborough, and while that's a bit of a haul for me, it's closer to your neck of the woods.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
We started out Necromunda campaign today with four players (and a potential fifth got interested when he saw how much fun we were having.) Things are still a little creaky, as we are getting a feel for the rules, but we enjoyed ourselves. The classic moment of my games came when one of my Escher, Pop-Top rushed an Orlock who was sitting on the first floor of a building ruin, shooting out the window. Pop-Top stuck her bolt pistol through the window and into the Orlock's face and fired - hit, wound, out of action! Unfortunately, she failed her ammo roll and her bolt pistol exploded in her face as well, also taking her out of action - she died in the post-game roundup.

I also had a Juve roll two bouts of Shell Shock (-2 LD) and Impressive Scars (+1 LD) and Head Wound - now she has a 50/50 chance of either suffering from Stupidity or Frenzy.

All told, I lost two gangers, gained a free Juve, sustained a lot of Shell Shock, and only have 30 credits to my name. Life is tough in the Underhive...

After the games, I realized that none of us took photos. :(

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

berzerkmonkey posted:

Pop-Top stuck her bolt pistol through the window and into the Orlock's face and fired - hit, wound, out of action! Unfortunately, she failed her ammo roll and her bolt pistol exploded in her face as well, also taking her out of action - she died in the post-game roundup.
If somebody somehow caught on fire and fell off a walkway, this would be the most Necromunda thing I'd ever read.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

SRM posted:

If somebody somehow caught on fire and fell off a walkway, this would be the most Necromunda thing I'd ever read.

None of us had flamers, but you are 100% correct - that would have been perfect.

EDIT: Oh drat - I just realized that shotguns can fire Hot-Shot ammo. I'll be buying some of that now...

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Dec 23, 2014

Zakka
Apr 27, 2010
There's a thread for the new Mordheim game now: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3683315

I haven't seen anyone post the link here, so sorry if I'm blind.

Greyish Orange
Apr 1, 2010

So I'm going to be selling off my BFG as a complete group with no splitting. UK shipping would be much easier since this lot weighs 4.5kg. Thought I would give first refusal to the thread.

PM me or give me some way of contacting you if you want.

Here is the album since I don't want to spam the images in the thread again = http://imgur.com/a/TUE1Z

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
I was able to get my hands on not one, but two - TWO! - full sets of Necromunda terrain for a darn good price. I'll be bringing it this Saturday to the store so we can get a few games in - and I'll take pics this time. I'm hoping for many gangers tumbling off of impossibly high structures this time around. Oh yes, there will be blood...

I popped for some hotshot shells, so hopefully, there be plenty of :flame: as well.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

berzerkmonkey posted:

I was able to get my hands on not one, but two - TWO! - full sets of Necromunda terrain for a darn good price. I'll be bringing it this Saturday to the store so we can get a few games in - and I'll take pics this time. I'm hoping for many gangers tumbling off of impossibly high structures this time around. Oh yes, there will be blood...

I popped for some hotshot shells, so hopefully, there be plenty of :flame: as well.

If you can find the old Building Blasters toys from like 20 years ago they make good Necromunda terrain too.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Midjack posted:

If you can find the old Building Blasters toys from like 20 years ago they make good Necromunda terrain too.

Huh, I've never heard of those, but yeah, they do look like they would fit into NM with a paint job. I think I'm all set with terrain though - I've got two full sets now along with one set of the laser cut stuff you find on Ebay.

Why did I buy the two sets when I already had the wooden set? :iiam:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

berzerkmonkey posted:

Huh, I've never heard of those, but yeah, they do look like they would fit into NM with a paint job. I think I'm all set with terrain though - I've got two full sets now along with one set of the laser cut stuff you find on Ebay.

Why did I buy the two sets when I already had the wooden set? :iiam:

Now you have 3! :getin:

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Midjack posted:

Now you have 3! :getin:

Yep. Now I have to figure out how to store and transport it all. I tried to keep the majority of the base set terrain assembled for ease of setup, and it pretty much fills up an 18 gallon container.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
We were able to get in a couple of game of Necromunda this weekend, though the majority of our time was taken up with Epic. I wasn't able to get many photos of the first game of NM, since I was in the middle of an Epic game. My NM game only lasted about 10 minutes because it was a terrible scenario - more on that after the photos - so I really didn't get any time for photos.

The following shows two full sets on NM terrain on a 4x4 table. I'm kind of disappointed it doesn't cover more, but I guess that's where scatter terrain will come in.

So I wound up playing the "Hit & Run" scenario - specifically "Bushwack: The raiders try to gun down the opposing gang leader. They win if they take the opposing gang leader out of action."

The defender starts off with D6 models placed anywhere on the table. The attacker (me) gets 4, 5, or 6 models, depending on the D6 roll. He started with 4, I started with 6. Sounds like fun, right? Nope. This is where things start to suck:

My goal is to kill the opposing gang leader and escape from a table edge. Great. But what happens when the defender chooses to not place his gang leader on the table because he only has 4 models to place initially? gently caress. I literally cannot win the scenario as written.

So I conferred with another guy in the campaign, and we agree that if I kill the highest Leadership model, we can call it the leader for scenario purposes. Problem solved. But now things really start to get worse:

The defender receives D3 gangers per round, starting his second round. He rolls a 5, giving him 3 additional models, bringing him up to 7. I'm already outnumbered in the second turn, and it will only get worse. But I don't have to worry about that, because...

He takes three of my models out at the beginning of the second turn, bringing me to 50%, and I bottle out by failing my Leadership test (because my leader is out of action.)

Then, to top it all off, I roll two "13s" in a row meaning both my leader and heavy die. I lost my two most important models in a game that lasted less than ten minutes and in which I fired precisely one shot.

gently caress. Now I have to start all over again.

Pau
Jun 7, 2004

berzerkmonkey posted:

gently caress. Now I have to start all over again.

Sound typical Necromunda. I say quit the game and sell your gangs to me :D

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Pau posted:

Sound typical Necromunda. I say quit the game and sell your gangs to me :D

Ha - my usual thing after every game of anything is "Anyone want to buy an x army/gang?" It wouldn't be so terrible if that mission didn't suck so hard - the odds of being able to pull it off are slim to none, considering once you go down, it is a real pain in the balls to get back up again.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

The unofficial FAQ goes the other obvious way with that issue - forcing the defender to set up his leader as one of the initial models. Not that that would have helped you much.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Yeah, but the point of the scenario is to have a secret objective, so the defender has to prepare for any of the six missions. If I tell him "Umm, you gotta put your leader out there" all he has to do is castle up. Had I mentioned that when we were setting up, he would have immediately known what was going on. As usual, GW's poorly written source materials in action...

But yeah, it really wouldn't have helped me, especially with the double 13's.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
That's brutal! How far along was your gang? You guys only started a little while ago, right? I know I'd be pretty devastated if I lost my juve that got all the way to gang champion and became a curiously good sniper, and if I lost my leader and heavy that same game I'd just start from scratch.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
That was my third game in this campaign, though I'd lost one ganger and one juve prior to that. Obviously, I could carry on if I lost one or the other, but both in the same game is a bit too much. Add to that a lack of credits, and I have no other choice but to start over. I think I'll go with a smaller gang this time - more credits, better equipment, bigger experience bonuses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pau
Jun 7, 2004

berzerkmonkey posted:

That was my third game in this campaign, though I'd lost one ganger and one juve prior to that. Obviously, I could carry on if I lost one or the other, but both in the same game is a bit too much. Add to that a lack of credits, and I have no other choice but to start over. I think I'll go with a smaller gang this time - more credits, better equipment, bigger experience bonuses.

Remember that there are rules for re-hiring experienced gangers. Its expensive but lets you keep the coolest girls from your past gangs.

• Locked thread