Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
its me i was the illuminati all along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

uG posted:

I knew It!

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Cnut the Great posted:

it seemed like a bad thread but i don't know if that was really true or if it was just my repressed misogyny coloring my opinion of it

a classic goon conundrum

It was mostly guys, I got chemistry homework help there, one of the guys had puppies, dead room mate, etc etc

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

It was mostly guys, I got chemistry homework help there, one of the guys had puppies, dead room mate, etc etc

puppy man was aight

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

uG posted:

AW SON OF A BITCH

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Kind of missing the puppies rn

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

at least it had a better m/f ratio than the en feminism thread

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
I am a cute girl posting

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

gnarlyhotep posted:

I am a cute girl posting

Now I'm real confused.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I am a colony of E. coli

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
it may have been a lovely thread but theres no other thread where you can spend 4 pages talkin about the best method to keep a vagina from bleeding every which way

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
spoiler alert its menstrual cups and/or the pill

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
lets party

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_MStm5udrE

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

i'm fairly sure you aren't a woman

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

i'm fairly sure you aren't a woman

shut up and dance

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
hey everyone, sincere white twitter guy here to establish a beachhead in Neu Ladychat

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

paranoid randroid posted:

hey everyone, sincere white twitter guy here to establish a beachhead in Neu Ladychat

establish ur bitchhead

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
twitter is boring and stupid

GBS is my social media

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

gnarlyhotep posted:

GBS is my social media

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

gnarlyhotep posted:

GBS is my social media

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
SA is like the myspace of irony

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
the xanga of snideness

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

the friendster of freudenschade

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
sup bitches

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the yahoo groups of fremdscham

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

nothing is haping here

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

nothing is haping here

oh great a guy in the ladies thread

don't you have something to grab off a high shelf or something

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

I got chemistry homework help there

;-*

Trochanter
Sep 14, 2007

It ain't no sin
to take off your skin, And dance around in your bones!

gnarlyhotep posted:

I am a cute girl posting

Trochanter fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Dec 13, 2014

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

whoflungpoop posted:

don't worry. I let you girls have your space.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

whoflungpoop posted:

go open a jar u mansplainer

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

i was on the fence about keeping the thread until some deaf guy had a multi page freakout over someone using the word "dumb" when talking about their boss being a jerk or something

this wouldnt have been so bad but like half the thread sided with him and wanted ladythread to stop saying the word "dumb" at all, at which point i realized how retarded and dumb the thread was

it was like a civil war and a 17-year-old homestuck/dr. who fan with an adventure time avatar accused me of being a "basic bitch" which is beyond the pale

What the... what?

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Captain Candiru posted:

What the... what?

i forget the page but look for posts by a dude called jenner

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Captain Candiru posted:

What the... what?

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

i forget the page but look for posts by a dude called jenner

are these it? http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3650484&userid=176828&perpage=40&pagenumber=8

scroll down and you start seeing the posts. i don't want to read it but i think that's it

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
I even responded to him and still didn't remember, whoops.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
i think so. iirc he whined a little about it and i called him dumb and he reported me to franco, then franco made his report public b/c he thought it was funny and jenner flipped the gently caress out and wrote a huge essay about how manlove hates women and deafs

then teenage gender-neutral homestuck fanatic rolled up to back up jenner and things got weird

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

quote:

Remember when you said to stop chewing you out and bitching in the thread and that we should just report assholes and that would be cool? I believed you.

I used to think you were at least trying to be supportive and participate as an equal. I assumed you were alright guy. I wasn't trying to score brownie points but did think you at least had a good point about the potential of mocking and jeering at minor offending sexists and bigots sending a solid enough message.

Turns out that your request was really just a sham and that you'll instead opt publicly mock the people who report dickish posts. And y'know, I'm beginning to think your hesitance to probate these assholes has nothing to do with trying to let the community handle it and everything to do with you wanting to make sure these posters and their ilk know you're a cool guy. Science forbid you be a lady sympathizer, that's just so uncool.

You think probating and punishing the misogynists and assholes will kill the forums, that everyone will be afraid to joke or be funny because sensitive baby SJWs don't have thick skin/a sense of humor. But this poo poo isn't funny. The other ladythreaders were right, and you were wrong and I see this now. This bullshit is driving off the actual good posters and turning these whole forums into poo poo. The popular trend of mocking and shaming the socially sensitive is toxic. It is a tool to delegitimatize all pushes towards positive social change and progress and silence discussion on serious issues while maintaining the status quo. It is absolutely reprehensible and you are a coward.

Franco, you come into this thread and talk down and take potshots at the women posters all day and act like you're so loving cool. I can't imagine how great it must feel to know that women posters can do absolutely nothing about this abusive bullshit because you've got a little blue star next to your name (oh and also because almost all the other mods are completely okay with being poo poo to and about women.)

You're just an absolute piece of poo poo.

To all of you posting in this thread wondering why this thread is dying and wondering were all cool women have gone and why they're not posting in here or anywhere anymore well, you have only your brethren to blame. Congratulations, shitlords, your mission is loving accomplished. Because this unfunny poo poo has driven us off to the Steam chat where we have hot shirtless pillow fights and be absolutely hilarious without you to poo poo it up. We could be having sexy lesbian Steam cunnilingus right now and you are totally missing out. It doesn't really matter what we're doing but know that we are having so much fun without you.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
keep in mind this is a man and hes pissed that i used the word dumb

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

keep in mind this is a man and hes pissed that i used the word dumb
This. Is. Social. Justice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

It seems to me that if ladychat thread ever returns it needs to have some cooler women posters as IKs, to cut out all the foreskins that periodically shits up the thread. You just need to decide what is and is not a woman.

• Locked thread