Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
RUMOR - Transformers: Generations Combiner Wars Sunstreaker, Ironhide, Prowl, and Mirage Incoming?

Guessing these are gonna be all redecoes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Haha they really ran with the masquerade homage. Cool, i think.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Brainstorm came in from HTS today and man he's so cool. Really nicely tight joints all around, the headmaster gimmick seems to be working perfectly, and he's got so much CHARACTER!

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

They'll probably redeco most of them, but I'd bet on a new mold per wave and some retooling action or wacky new altmodes.

Finally, Ironhide in generations again! As a jeep! etc

DoctorWhat posted:

Brainstorm came in from HTS today and man he's so cool. Really nicely tight joints all around, the headmaster gimmick seems to be working perfectly, and he's got so much CHARACTER!
You must be full of falsehoods dude, several reputable youtube reviewers received bum copy shitshow braimstorns that they bought off some random ebay seller and they all told us to go Takara to fix the issues!

I can't put more sarcasm into this without setting my computer on fire.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
I really hope Military Titans sells well enough for them to do a G2 release, cuz I only have room in my life for one FOC Dudicus, and it's the day-glo one.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
His wrists are a bit limp, actually, and swivels would have been nice but at least he's not got gorilla arms. Also, the detents in his hip ratchets are a LITTLE too far apart for my taste,but his ankle tilts more than make up for it in practice. Wish he had a waist, too, and his transformation is almost insultingly simple, but he's so full of personality and the headmaster thing is super fun and I really really like him, especially for the 17.50 I paid.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Can't wait to get Brainstorm, but I did finally find Cosmos at Target. Dude's the coolest little UFO.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Actually, if they're doing Protectobots, then Ironhide could be a First Aid repaint. Mirage for Drag Strip, Prowl for Streetwise and, oh, Breakdown for Sunstreaker perhaps?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

DoctorWhat posted:

His wrists are a bit limp,

reported

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Captain Invictus posted:

Wow. I got AOE Hot Shot because he was only 7.50, and jesus christ are the paint apps horrible on him. His face looks like a toddler went to town with puffy paint on it.

yeah, that car mode is nice as hell though, huge to boot. Doesn't Crosshairs' car mode just run out of paint like mid way though?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Anora posted:

yeah, that car mode is nice as hell though, huge to boot. Doesn't Crosshairs' car mode just run out of paint like mid way though?
Literally. One half just isn't painted with his distinctive designs.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
So I finally found a Generations Rattrap and it's an amazing figure.

I was not expecting this much work to be put into a deluxe's transformation.

It's like the lead designer/engineer had a serious gripe with "shell-formers" and went nuts...in a good way.

Only gripes i've got are that the rat wrist swivels, robot hands,and robot shin hinges feel very fragile.

The thumbs feel very reminiscent of 80's Gijoe hands.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Man, let that be true. I'm already getting the Voyager Prime anyway!

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Spiderdrake posted:

You must be full of falsehoods dude, several reputable youtube reviewers received bum copy shitshow braimstorns that they bought off some random ebay seller and they all told us to go Takara to fix the issues!

I can't put more sarcasm into this without setting my computer on fire.

I got mine from Hasbro directly and its right wrist is floppy and the Headmaster came jacked up, but sure the youtube reviewers are all mostly perpetuating a conspiracy to

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

jet fuel doesnt burn hot enough to melt neck joints

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

2. Mine has a red head, with a brown flip down tounguemask flamethrower.
Dang, I like my Slag heads like I like my coffee, and I was hoping I'd be able to swap with someone. Guess it's time to break out the paint.

Blackheart posted:

It's here! it's here! Here, have some pictures and impressions on the Big, Bad, Battlin' Dudicus:
Thanks for the review, I was tempted by that set but I hate partsforming with a passion, you just saved me some money and disappointment. I guess I'll stay content with lanky original Bruticus.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Knormal posted:

I guess I'll stay content with lanky original Bruticus.
Stands to reason they'll make another one this year given the list of molds.

Not gonna get a Predacon out of a helicopter or jeep mold.

AzraelNewtype posted:

I got mine from Hasbro directly and its right wrist is floppy and the Headmaster came jacked up, but sure the youtube reviewers are all mostly perpetuating a conspiracy to
I dunno what jacked up means in this context but it kinda sounds like they made lovely design choices at the wrist pins and HeadConverttoPilot's actual head that lead to consistent design flaws, and I don't think Takara QC is going to clear engineering problems.

But my point is mostly that going from "I bought this toy off ebay months in advance from a seller who wanted only slightly above retail for this privilege" went to blaming Hasbro QC in an odd leap of logic that in most of the reviews I've watched seem to have missed a couple steps.

Ghost Hat
Jun 25, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
Yes, my Brainstorm had limp wrists as well. And getting the headmaster to pop out was scary, but it turned out okay. I wish the little guy had elbows instead of immovable wings, but he's really stable in his cockpit. Even when I turn it upside down, it stays seated.

He won't be complete without a yellow briefcase though.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Combiner Wars voyager size comparison:

Knormal posted:

Thanks for the review, I was tempted by that set but I hate partsforming with a passion, you just saved me some money and disappointment. I guess I'll stay content with lanky original Bruticus.

Yeah I mean I love this set but it definitely isn't for people who hate partsforming so they should be warned. I generally don't like partsforming that much either but I gave it a pass since I love FOC Bruticus so drat much.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Blackheart posted:

It's a great Prime IMO, but it annoys me that whilst I like Motormaster better as a standalone figure, I dislike the head of Menasor. Are the combiner heads separate pieces or are they a fixed part of the toy?

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Blackheart posted:

I know people gripe about that redeco but I really dig Beefcakeimus Prime. If those rumors pan out about the autobot limbs I'm gonna be pleased as cake as I love the poo poo out of me some combiners.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
yknow if it really is Sunstreaker, Prowl, and Ironhide this could be interesting if the comics follow this development. Those are some of the Autobots with the most checkered history, and if their minds merge with Prime's it could be very interesting. Like will Prime find out all Prowl's secrets, like the hypno-cygar and the bugged conversations and all that.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I'm sure you can just pop the heads off, but I dunno what you can replace it with.

Funnily enough Prime doesn't look that bad using his combiner head too:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Blackheart posted:

I'm sure you can just pop the heads off, but I dunno what you can replace it with.

Oh hey there Magnus...

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

That thing with a trailer could totally end up being leader Magnus.

Caesarian Sectarian fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Dec 13, 2014

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

Blackheart posted:

Well poo poo, now I have to buy it. That's an amazing headsculpt.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Finally found a snarl in one of those Christmas pop up toy stores. He looks awesome.

But I can't justify dropping $25 on a drat deluxe. I just can't.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blackheart posted:

His chest is wider than AOE's prime's entire torso.

He's bulky as all hell and his combined mode could probably pass for a Generations Ginrai/Powermaster Prime.

I wasn't going to get him but now I think I might have to, since those rumored autobot limbs might actually happen. Not only that but fully combined the ones like Superion and Menasor are larger than leader Class figures.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Found snarl and brainstorm at Walmart :toot:

And that awful awful repaint of crosshairs. My god that thing is atrocious.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Blackheart posted:

That looks phenomenal. And if they do ultra Mags, we need a Hot Rod, Blurr, Perceptor, and someone else in the movie without a somewhat modern toy... (Arcee, Springer and Kup both have recent/upcoming decent figs, who's left? Wheelie maybe? Though I honestly think UM would tear off whatever part of his body Wheelie would attach to instead of be a full combiner.)

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Anora posted:

That looks phenomenal. And if they do ultra Mags, we need a Hot Rod, Blurr, Perceptor, and someone else in the movie without a somewhat modern toy... (Arcee, Springer and Kup both have recent/upcoming decent figs, who's left? Wheelie maybe? Though I honestly think UM would tear off whatever part of his body Wheelie would attach to instead of be a full combiner.)

Wheelie has a Deluxe Figure and is more than likely going to get a Legends class toy if he's getting a new one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
gently caress Wheelie.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The Taint Reaper posted:

Wheelie has a Deluxe Figure and is more than likely going to get a Legends class toy if he's getting a new one.
It would almost be worth it if the Legends figure still turned into a little gimp arm.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
So I saw this again the other day:

I completely forgot about these things, and now I'm super excited about what's going to happen. Personally I think Megs is gonna go ballistic on the DJD, since Roberts said they'd feature heavily in S2.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

RaspberryCommie posted:

Personally I think Megs is gonna go ballistic on the DJD, since Roberts said they'd feature heavily in S2.
I'm wondering how he's going to pull it off. Rodimus is on board (he specifically states retribution is next on the agenda after they deal with events), so we might see full strength Megatron here.

I'm kinda wondering if he might bring in his last phase sixer. Sixshot is still out there, and if Megatron says they're hunting and killing phase sixers, maybe he'd join up.

As an aside the more I think about things the less I'm certain Brainstorm went back in time to kill Optimus. I kinda think there's something more interesting going on.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

According to Thew, the Combiner Wars stuff is showing up in Smyths stores in England already.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The_Doctor posted:

According to Thew, the Combiner Wars stuff is showing up in Smyths stores in England already.

Yeah they're out in England, which means that we should hopefully see some more future waves come January or February.

I personally think that Prowl though will take the Lamborghini mode because that's what RID Prowl had, and they're not shy about RID references. I Also think that Ironhide will not be in his G1 colors but will be colored Silver with pink and blue because his G2 version was also a pickup. Because it would be terrible if we get a G1 styled Ironhide toy and not have a matching Ratchet to go along with it.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I like in the comic how aside from Optimus Prime, they've assembled pretty much the worst team for dealing with earthlings. Everyone either has bad history with humans or they're just generally violent or bad at stealth.

I don't get the numbers they've been throwing around though. They've been talking about ten, six, four thousand years ago, when Shockwave and the Dinobots would've had to have come to earth at least 60 million years ago, and the enigma holy grail of plot development would've had to come along long before.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

The_Doctor posted:

Annoying, there isn't one anywhere near here, but there is one literally in 10 minutes walking distance from my old home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Hey crazy theory time, what if the Autobot combiner limbs are not repaints of the Stunticons, but infact repaints of upcoming limbs we do not yet know of.

Because you have Streetwise and First Aid which would probably make a more convincing Prowl and Ironhide than any of the stunticons.