Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Welp guess my USB died in the middle of trying to upgrade my PS4 harddrive. Cool I'll just swap my old hard drive back in and start over... :negative:

I'm pretty sure this lovely cloud service hasn't actually uploaded any saves in like two weeks so I guess there goes 60 hours of Dragon Age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

OxMan posted:

The best game for poo poo achievements was ghost recon advanced war fighter. Achievements ending in 1,2, and 4 check. Achievements for being top player on each multiplayer leaderboard for the game, check. SO4 has nothing on it or FF11 which had an achievement for each maxed out level class. I was an achievement sperg for the first couple of years of 360 but once they gave up on doing anything with the points other than literal 2 percent discounts I stopped giving a poo poo.

If I could decide all achievements would be skill based. Getting cheevo for grinding something doesn't really feel like achieving anything to me. Just four or five per game also none of that "you started the game" stuff that devalues the harder to get achievements. People like to grind though so that will never happen and I don't even know why I am talking about achievements in any serious way anyway.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
UK region:

Who wants to play Twitter games for a chance to order a 20th Anniversary PS4? :shrug:

rally posted:

Driveclub still sucks and is broken. Weather graphics are not nearly as impressive in person and in motion (omg it's snowing I can see nothing sweet). The DLC cars fail to unlock when downloaded (restoring licenses does not work) ...

From Twitter account for Driveclub

quote:

If you had issues d/ling & playing the free IGNITION Expansion, please try again (go to IGNITION Tour in the game, select event, d/l cars)
Some people here said their problems have cleared up after this.

Harton posted:

It sounds like you have a lot of free time on your hands. Might I suggest learning to play the drums?

Why not do both? :haw:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

a cop posted:

Let's all play The Last Of Us.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I finished Tomb Raider just now. Game dragged on too long in my opinion but it was still fun.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

just noticed a cool / unintuitive thing about the ds4. the d pad is predictive. if you push down and slid the button to the right without touching the right button, rayman will walk right. same for left. guess its helpful for fighting move circles and stuff. explains why i was always turning early in pix the cat.

has it always been this way?

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

I never got the appeal of achievements. I see it as someone offhandedly throwing me a stick and saying "go fetch and I'll give you ten million stick fetching points", like someone's loving with me.

Static Rook posted:

It was fun? :shrug: Also saves me money in the long run since I don't run out and buy new games until I've finished some off (usually).

That makes no loving sense to me. Doesn't sound fun at all, in fact it sounds like you're forced to play video games at gunpoint.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Does Driveclub have old Datsuns and Volvos or do I need to get an Xbone/Forza to race the way I like to?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

just noticed a cool / unintuitive thing about the ds4. the d pad is predictive. if you push down and slid the button to the right without touching the right button, rayman will walk right. same for left. guess its helpful for fighting move circles and stuff. explains why i was always turning early in pix the cat.

has it always been this way?

I've noticed this and I loving hate it. Because of this the d-pad moves right when I don't want it to.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Just hit a little under 160 million in Resogun survival. Seriously one of the most nerve wracking game experiences I've had in a while. I died to a loving power up cause I was too juiced up :lol: Feel like I could have kept going too.

2000 more to go ha. I swear I'm getting to the top of this leaderboard someday.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

I said come in! posted:

I finished Tomb Raider just now. Game dragged on too long in my opinion but it was still fun.

Tomb Raider is basically Uncharted: Good Edition

Genocyber posted:

I've noticed this and I loving hate it. Because of this the d-pad moves right when I don't want it to.

lol sony

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

its like instead of individual buttons it has a single dpad button under the controller face plate with four nubs of it sticking through . now that i've realized it Its much easier to time my thumb moves get the movement i want on screen cause before i was freaking out about always pointing the wrong way

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
Anyone Know if there will happen to be ny sort of sale for the DS 4 around christmas? 60 bucks is a lot of money for a controller. What is the cheapest sale price they usually go for or have seen them sell for? I would buy one from craigslist but it may have like eggs and a broken key on it

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Anyone have this issue before?

I brought my controllers over to a friends so that we could have a 4 player LAN party. All was good but when I brought my controllers home, now they will not sync up to the PS4. When I turn the PS4 on it is asking for me to confirm an update, which I can't do because the controllers won't sync up. I also tried loading the PS4 in safe mode, still to no avail. I have tried pressing the reset button on the back of the controller, holding the reset button and the PS4 button.....

I got nothing. I haven't been able to contact Sony support yet due to my work schedule. Does anyone have ideas?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Try hooking the controller up with a Micro-USB cable. That should get you through the update, which might let you re-sync the controller.

Alternately you may not have actually reset the controller - you should be able to feel the change in mechanical resistance when the reset switch goes down.

EDIT: In fact, Sony Support implies that physically connecting the controller actually is necessary for its first run (which the controller would think it is after a reset).

EDIT 2: As an aside, a PlayStation Vita will also not remote-play with a PlayStation 4 if either is not on the current system software.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Dec 13, 2014

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

NESguerilla posted:

Just hit a little under 160 million in Resogun survival. Seriously one of the most nerve wracking game experiences I've had in a while. I died to a loving power up cause I was too juiced up :lol: Feel like I could have kept going too.

2000 more to go ha. I swear I'm getting to the top of this leaderboard someday.

Good luck when you hit day 8! :unsmigghh:

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I've done that too. One is dead and the other is endlessly not connecting. I'm going to see if I can borrow my friends controllers and see if they have better luck. Thank you for the help.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Well played!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

If I'm going to install a new hard drive can I just safely upload my saves to psn+ or do i have to copy them to a usb?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Davincie posted:

If I'm going to install a new hard drive can I just safely upload my saves to psn+ or do i have to copy them to a usb?

Copy to PSN is fine but you should also do the USB thing, just to be sure.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The Last Guardian still in development: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/11/the-last-guardian-development-progressing-under-completely-new-conditions

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

DrNutt posted:

Does Driveclub have old Datsuns and Volvos or do I need to get an Xbone/Forza to race the way I like to?

Nah. Gotta wait for GT7.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

lmao. i hope its a scene for scene remake of dnf but with a kid and some bird dog instead of the duke.

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

"Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most..."
Assassins creed unity is on sale in EU. Still a broken messy heap, or has it been fixed?

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

AC:U will never be fixed.

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

"Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most..."

the truth posted:

AC:U will never be fixed.

Love the synergy between your post and username. Ah well... Here's hoping Victorian England fairs better.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Also its 'sale' price is about what you can pick it up for anywhere that's not PSN.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It sounds like Far Cry 4 is the only major game UBISoft put out this year that isn't terrible. The Crew, and Assassins Creed Unity are both real bad games.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I said come in! posted:

It sounds like Far Cry 4 is the only major game UBISoft put out this year that isn't terrible. The Crew, and Assassins Creed Unity are both real bad games.

when was rayman legends?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

child of light was ok as well i guess

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Stick of Truth was good. Just a bit shallow in terms of combat.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Harlock posted:

Stick of Truth was good. Just a bit shallow in terms of combat.

its south park so its immediately dumb trash for 14 year olds actually

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Stux posted:

its south park so its immediately dumb trash for 14 year olds actually

it was a mario rpg clone so it plays well until you get bored of the constant identical battles

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

it was a mario rpg clone so it plays well until you get bored of the constant identical battles

but its still south park and so still idiot trash for babies?

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

AC: Rogue is good if you just wanted more of the previous game, basically the same approach/result as Far Cry 4 except they didn't market it at all.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Tempo 119 posted:

AC: Rogue is good if you just wanted more of the previous game, basically the same approach/result as Far Cry 4 except they didn't market it at all.
Rogue is great and should have been this year's PS4 AC game instead of Unity.
They also should never have tried to make Unity's new stupid AC engine that somehow runs and feels way worse than my 360 copy of Rogue.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I finally bought Watch Dogs last night and it's pretty average but the PvP is really fun, good lord am I really enjoying what's tantamount to GTA Hide'n'Seek.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The one thing watch dogs multiplayer got right was that you get to play the game normally while queuing up for a match to start. I wish GTA Online did that. So much about GTA Online is still real frustrating that I was hoping would be fixed when it came over to PS4.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

I said come in! posted:

The one thing watch dogs multiplayer got right was that you get to play the game normally while queuing up for a match to start. I wish GTA Online did that. So much about GTA Online is still real frustrating that I was hoping would be fixed when it came over to PS4.

you can do that to an extent now though? when you go for a random job on multiplayer you can go on call and continue doing whatever.

if you meant playing the story mode though i guess that wouldn't work with how the two sides are separated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah, in GTA Online there's an "On Call" option but the downside with it is that you have zero idea what you're getting into. You just get thrown into the match type of your choice and sometimes you wind up in something really bad.

I'm kinda shocked at how fast it is to find games in Watch Dogs, I barely have to wait a minute before getting a new target for tailing (which is really fun too) and I'm always finding people to invade/being invaded by. I'm laughing my rear end off watching these people run circles desperately trying to find me when I'm just sleeping in a parked car on the side of the street, and they're right next to me. I had to save this video clip of a guy on a motorcycle who could probably physically see into my vehicle and somehow didn't notice me.

• Locked thread