Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

Hot drat that is fricking sweet! Im glad I picked Word Bearers as my 30k Legion. I'm tempted to buy one before the deadline.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

New Valhallans, sweet! :v:

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

New whatever great coat guard you want.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

The Sisko posted:

Hot drat that is fricking sweet! Im glad I picked Word Bearers as my 30k Legion. I'm tempted to buy one before the deadline.

It looks even better in person! :P

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

DJ Dizzy posted:

The new blood angels :negative:

Just ally some in geez.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

Ghost Hand posted:

It looks even better in person! :P

Stop tempting Mr Tuttle , I might just get it! I've caught the 30k bug as it were and this is some serious temptation. Guess it's a good thing I got that free shipping voucher from FW :getin:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

BlackIronHeart posted:

New Valhallans, sweet! :v:
Somebody's gotta make them, since GW have apparently forgotten what any AM that aren't Cadians look like :v:

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

So I'm looking on easing my way into this dumb hobby after years of thinking about it and waffling. Problem is, I couldn't give less of a gently caress about Blood Angels or Tyranids, so I have zero interest in Deathstorm. Am I still good to get the Dark Vengeance set, and it'll have all the 7th Edition rule crap I need? Or is the rulebook that comes with it still using 6th and therefore outdated?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Drone posted:

So I'm looking on easing my way into this dumb hobby after years of thinking about it and waffling. Problem is, I couldn't give less of a gently caress about Blood Angels or Tyranids, so I have zero interest in Deathstorm. Am I still good to get the Dark Vengeance set, and it'll have all the 7th Edition rule crap I need? Or is the rulebook that comes with it still using 6th and therefore outdated?

Dark Vengeance was updated shortly after 7th came out so you're good to go.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Safety Factor posted:

Dark Vengeance was updated shortly after 7th came out so you're good to go.

Just make sure you buy the version that comes in the White box.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Buy a used army on ebay? I bet there are some Blood Angel fire sales :v:

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Looks like those triarch praetorians are on 32mm. Neeeeeurgh.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Cataphract posted:

More importantly, looks like we're finally getting a new Warrior box. Necron clear rods are being phased out. :newlol:

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

You're right, I'm thinking of the CSM Terminator box. Good luck getting five power fists there. :smith:

edit: also, combi-weapons.

I hate this, by the way. While I like having plastic terminators for CSM after all those years, they just kept the worst parts of the metal kit when they made the plastics. Hell, they didn't even give us new helmets.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

PierreTheMime posted:

More importantly, looks like we're finally getting a new Warrior box. Necron clear rods are being phased out. :newlol:

That's bullshit. I am calling Super Official Total Bullshit on that. Those little rods and the sprues that come with them are badass and super-useful.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

AbusePuppy posted:

That's bullshit. I am calling Super Official Total Bullshit on that. Those little rods and the sprues that come with them are badass and super-useful.

That's why they're taking them away :v:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Just buy some lego lightsabers, they're the same thing probably

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
Scuttlebutt has it that's a conversion built with a standard warrior and one of those gauss flayers from the Ghost/Doomsday Ark kit.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Cataphract posted:

Necrons need 32 mm bases more than anyone. They don't even come close to fitting on a 25.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Drake_263 posted:

Scuttlebutt has it that's a conversion built with a standard warrior and one of those gauss flayers from the Ghost/Doomsday Ark kit.

While that may be possible (it is the same looking) it is much more likely Games Workshop is simply hinting at new products. Especially since rumors are now swirling that the Necron codex is nigh (I just read that it's supposed to drop before the end of the year [!!]), it's much more likely that they're consolidating the look of the weapons and redoing the old and somewhat terrible Necron Warrior sprues to match their new aesthetic . They've done this repeatedly with other army products in promotional photos.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Necrons need 32 mm bases more than anyone. They don't even come close to fitting on a 25.

Also, yeah, this. Immortals almost fall off their bases.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Goons, I picked up the Tyranid half of the deathstorm box for some reason. Coming from playing only Eldar for the past several years and only playing against nids a few times in 4th edition, I have no idea what i'm doing.

What should I buy to make a decent list? What loadouts for the warriors/carnifex are decent? Genestealers seem like a waste of points right?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Sell all that bad poo poo and buy a couple flying hive tyrants you dork.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Hixson posted:

Goons, I picked up the Tyranid half of the deathstorm box for some reason. Coming from playing only Eldar for the past several years and only playing against nids a few times in 4th edition, I have no idea what i'm doing.

What should I buy to make a decent list? What loadouts for the warriors/carnifex are decent? Genestealers seem like a waste of points right?

If you really force it Genestealers can be used in "'Stealer shock", infiltrating in and using The Horror from each Broodlord to lock the enemy down on the approach/assault. Against some armies it's actually quite effective but you need at least 3 large Genestealer units (preferably more) because they are going to die in droves. It should also be noted that Stealer Shock is completely ineffective against mechanized armies and Fearless units/armies. Used as a single unit from the Deathstorm box they are not a good army choice for a competitive list. They can be fun in casual games, but they're way way too points-expensive for what they do on the table.

Warriors are solid back line units and, with the advent of Tyrannocytes, decent in assault if you can reach the line. Generally it's best to keep them as either a minimal unit with either a Venom Cannon or Barbed Strangler (coming in at 100pts) to fill up an FOC and keep Synapse coverage. Assault ones are awesome looking and really quite good if they see assault, but the models will be points heavy and will likely take a S8+ hit to the face and explode in a shower of useless gore.

Carnifices with two twinlinked Devourers are the best buy as they put out a ton of shots. If you want to keep it assault based, either run it completely naked (two Scything Talons) or with Crushing Claws and Adrenal Glands for Fleet and the guarantee that you're going to absolutely wreck vehicles and instant-kill >T6 models.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
Does Mephiston's mandatory "Sanguine Sword" psychic power count against Psychic Focus? Or does that only look at powers you choose to generate?

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
All I ask is that any new Necron Warrior kit doesn't have the heads attached to the sprue by the loving cheeks again.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I have a poo poo-load of unassembled Warriors. You can be sure that if they do a new kit and the heads are interchangeable I am bits ordering new heads for all of them.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

Does Mephiston's mandatory "Sanguine Sword" psychic power count against Psychic Focus? Or does that only look at powers you choose to generate?

Powers that aren't in a psychic discipline don't count against psychic focus. Otherwise, having a Force weapon would lock you out of it.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Hixson posted:

panascope posted:

Sell all that bad poo poo and buy a couple flying hive tyrants you dork.

Sell it all and start a better army instead?

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Thanks man, appreciate the advice

BULBASAUR posted:

Sell it all and start a better army instead?

Maybe I think tyranids are cool and don't really care if they're bad?

Also I have 5000pts of painted eldar/dark eldar

Hixson fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Dec 14, 2014

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
Hive Tyrants with wings, dual tl-devourers and electroshock grubs are great. And thanks to mucolid spores you can run seven of them at 1850. (And lose all your friends in the process).

Next tournament I go to I am considering running four hive tyrants and four crones with two malanthropes and four mucolid spores, because gently caress knights.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

PierreTheMime posted:

Sadly not, that's a conversion. There's a guide in this week's WD.

Perfect World
Jan 16, 2009

New Necron Lord model (from Facebook):

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord
The real question is should I base my Necrons on the larger bases, they are arriving in the post this week and I am torn with all this new larger base business.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Wait is that from the upcoming campaign or the Necron Codex? If the former guess that's confirmation that the Necrons are part of the campaign.

Perfect World
Jan 16, 2009

It's from the Shield of Baal book

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Cataphract posted:

IT CONTINUES.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Oh man they made a model out of that kickass Blanche art! Can't wait.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

Do any goons remember a Tyranid army painted up like the bugs on the third ed codex?

It is probably my favourite nid picture ever and I am thinking of painting some up in this scheme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Also that's a very interesting FOC, it's basically just a normal FOC with a bonus which is strange. No additional slots anywhere.

I mean it requires 3 troops, but has a LOW, and a Fortification something missing from the other FOCs that we've seen.

Basically no reason not to take it.

• Locked thread