Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chicken McNobody
Aug 7, 2009

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Has anyone here used that ABCMouse.com service? My two year old girls are in love with the Bubble Guppies and that company seems to plaster themselves all over NickJR programming. I wouldn't want to expose my kids to that much screen time, but I guess the advertising is starting to batter me down since with every commercial I start thinking more and more about their service...

My friend, a kindergarten teacher, uses it in class sometimes. She loves it. I probably wouldn't pay for it but I'm a cheap bastard.

If you have the Amazon Appstore, you can probably get very similar activities on the free app of the day--I've been using that for months and my phone (and soon my son's new Kindle Fire, THANKS MOM IN LAW I GUESS) is chock full of educational apps he loves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frenchnewwave
Jun 7, 2012

Would you like a Cuppa?

ActusRhesus posted:

Oh hey, I've been wondering where the goons with kids thread is.

My kid will be 2 in march. We do short time outs usually when she's being defiant. Goes like this:

Me: *Asks her to do something*
Her: NO!
Me: I'm asking you nicely. Please do [something] or you will go to time out.
Her: NO!
Me: OK. Time out.

*After 1-5 minutes*

Me: Are you ready to talk? OK. I love you very much, but you need to listen to mommy. I asked you to do [something] are you ready to do it now?
Her: Yeah.
Me: OK. Well then why don't you do it now, and when you are finished, we can read a story/play/whatever.

I know some people think I'm nuts trying to impose minor chores on a toddler and being so rigid on the "do as your told" thing, but my husband is deployed right now, and I work full time, so cutting out as many battles as possible is a huge burden off of me. Even little poo poo like "can you pick up your toys" and "can you go pick out some snacks for your lunchbox" and "can you get your coat and shoes" add up.

the important thing I think, with discipline is you have to also reinforce that you love them, they are not a "bad kid" they are just doing something you don't like, and talking to kids like people, not babies, goes a long way.

(Not saying I'm a perfect mom...I also drop a lot of F bombs in front of her.)

Thanks everyone for the feedback and ideas. As a follow up question, how do you enforce time out for littles? Like if i told her to sit on the step or stand in the corner she absolutely wouldn't do it. Or do you put them in their room and close the door for a minute? What can I truly enforce at this age (2)?

Ps I have tried the clap-growl before and she literally laughs. I don't have a very authoritative voice I guess :(

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

frenchnewwave posted:

Thanks everyone for the feedback and ideas. As a follow up question, how do you enforce time out for littles? Like if i told her to sit on the step or stand in the corner she absolutely wouldn't do it. Or do you put them in their room and close the door for a minute? What can I truly enforce at this age (2)?

Ps I have tried the clap-growl before and she literally laughs. I don't have a very authoritative voice I guess :(

I put her in her room.

Caution: while working through the time out, your kid may dismantle their room too. Make picking that up also part of the reconciliation.

Big thing is don't ask more than twice or it just becomes a power struggle thing.

ActusRhesus fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Dec 12, 2014

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

frenchnewwave posted:

Yeah, I think the clap-growl is really dumb. Actually I think all of Dr. Karp's advice about discipline is really dumb. The stuff in his book about "feeding the meter" and other positive methods is much more useful and effective.

e: vvv yeah, that's his first book "Happiest Baby on the Block". He has a follow-up "Happiest Toddler on the Block" that covers 1-year on, and I found it much less useful.

Papercut fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Dec 12, 2014

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

Papercut posted:

Yeah, I think the clap-growl is really dumb. Actually I think all of Dr. Karp's advice about discipline is really dumb. The stuff in his book about "feeding the meter" and other positive methods is much more useful and effective.

His stuff on how to properly swaddle is baller, though.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

ActusRhesus posted:

the important thing I think, with discipline is you have to also reinforce that you love them, they are not a "bad kid" they are just doing something you don't like, and talking to kids like people, not babies, goes a long way.

(Not saying I'm a perfect mom...I also drop a lot of F bombs in front of her.)

This post! Sometimes I feel like I am too hard on my little ones (4 years, 2 years, 9 months) but then we can go places like Disneyland with just me and them and we do great! We go to restaurants all the time because they know to stay seated and not throw food and stuff or there will be immediate consequences.

I say it all the time, people underestimate their kids. They know more than you think, pick up more than you expect (I curse all the time and have been trying to curb my habit) and learn far faster than I do! Talk to them clearly, making eye contact, crouching down to their level, and make consequences clear and reasonable.

Timeouts for us start around 1 1/2, nothing more than removal from the situation, a clear reason why they are in timeout, and sitting with them for maybe a minute. Then a countdown from 10, telling them once more why they were in timeout and hugs and kisses. When they are older, they do timeouts by themselves and we add an apology afterward to whomever they might have hurt or whatever.

Be consistent, be clear, be reasonable, but be firm. Kids will get away with whatever you let them get away with, and they LOVE to test boundaries, so nip certain habits and behaviors in the bud before they become difficult to manage.

skeetied
Mar 10, 2011
At the guidance of my son's preschool, we don't do time outs (especially now, when he's only two years old). Occasionally, we'll do a "time in" where we give him some time to calm down in his room, but we stay with him. There's some really good information here: http://www.ahaparenting.com/parenting-tools/positive-discipline/timeouts.

photomikey
Dec 30, 2012
Best advice I ever got about time-outs is that you had to be having time in before that in order for them to be effective. If I'm writing an e-mail, cooking dinner, otherwise ignoring my daughter and she starts destroying something, and I yell at her and send her to time-out... she was already having time out - it's doesn't work as a punishment. I notice if I spend a few minutes with her, she starts being normal again. On the rare occasion that we're doing something together, or she's doing something with another child and she starts to act out, time outs (or the threat of them) work pretty good.

frenchnewwave
Jun 7, 2012

Would you like a Cuppa?

photomikey posted:

Best advice I ever got about time-outs is that you had to be having time in before that in order for them to be effective. If I'm writing an e-mail, cooking dinner, otherwise ignoring my daughter and she starts destroying something, and I yell at her and send her to time-out... she was already having time out - it's doesn't work as a punishment. I notice if I spend a few minutes with her, she starts being normal again. On the rare occasion that we're doing something together, or she's doing something with another child and she starts to act out, time outs (or the threat of them) work pretty good.

Can you explain this a little more? What do you mean by time in? Like there will be times when I need to do something independent of my child and I need her to not pull all the knives out of the kitchen drawer after saying no ten times. I'm probably being dense but I like the sound of what you're saying, just trying to connect the dots. Thanks!

Avalinka
Nov 4, 2009

frenchnewwave posted:

Can you explain this a little more? What do you mean by time in? Like there will be times when I need to do something independent of my child and I need her to not pull all the knives out of the kitchen drawer after saying no ten times. I'm probably being dense but I like the sound of what you're saying, just trying to connect the dots. Thanks!

I think it means that you have to be actively spending time with your child (time in) in order for sending them to time out to work. If you're already ignoring them/doing something else then they are already enough in time out that sending them to it doesn't make much difference to them.

skeetied
Mar 10, 2011

frenchnewwave posted:

Depending on the age of your child, being able to pull all of the knives out shouldn't be an option. Anything that's dangerous or off limits should be child proofed. Impulse control isn't developmentally appropriate for long past the toddler years.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
A friend of mine posted on Facebook that the best way to control your children was to get them hooked on smack, and then ruthlessly control their supply. And by smack, he meant watching videos on the iPad. So that might be something worth trying.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

sullat posted:

A friend of mine posted on Facebook that the best way to control your children was to get them hooked on smack, and then ruthlessly control their supply. And by smack, he meant watching videos on the iPad. So that might be something worth trying.

This is the easiest way to control your kids, not the best.

photomikey
Dec 30, 2012

Avalinka posted:

I think it means that you have to be actively spending time with your child (time in) in order for sending them to time out to work. If you're already ignoring them/doing something else then they are already enough in time out that sending them to it doesn't make much difference to them.
Yeah, basically this. The idea of time-out is that we're doing something fun right now, and if you don't behave yourself, you won't be able to do it with us, you'll have to go have a time-out and fun will be had without you.

My kid is pretty well behaved. Like any kid, she gets ornery some times. I used to do the time-out thing, and it didn't work very well. After considering the above concept, I made note that we would have to be having time-in before we had a time-out. I started to realize that, generally speaking, the only time my otherwise well-behaved kid was ornery was after I had spent more than an hour sending a series of e-mails, or cleaning the house, or cooking, or otherwise busy with my own thing and generally ignoring her.

I don't mean to make this sound like I spend every waking hour entertaining my kid, and that anytime she acts like a brat I come running like a marionette - that's not it at all. In fact, she can self-entertain for a long time. But now before I yell "KNOCK THAT OFF BEFORE YOU GO TO A TIME OUT", I think to myself... what would it be time away from? Time away from me ignoring her? Maybe it's time to spend a few minutes together.

On a related note, around this time we re-branded time out to "myself time" (her words), and now when she gets pissed off by something (or overwhelmed) she'll go to her room for "myself time" and just chill in there for a few minutes and take a breather. This was also a game changer.

photomikey
Dec 30, 2012
My mother-in-law watched my daughter while my wife and I did some Christmas shopping tonight.

Is there a way to visit Toys-R-Us at Christmastime and not feel disgusting both inside and out when you leave? Tell me your secrets.

frenchnewwave
Jun 7, 2012

Would you like a Cuppa?

skeetied posted:

Depending on the age of your child, being able to pull all of the knives out shouldn't be an option. Anything that's dangerous or off limits should be child proofed. Impulse control isn't developmentally appropriate for long past the toddler years.

Real talk, I was just kidding about that. My child does not play with knives. I was exaggerating a scenario of her doing something I didn't want her to do.

frenchnewwave
Jun 7, 2012

Would you like a Cuppa?

photomikey posted:

Yeah, basically this. The idea of time-out is that we're doing something fun right now, and if you don't behave yourself, you won't be able to do it with us, you'll have to go have a time-out and fun will be had without you.

My kid is pretty well behaved. Like any kid, she gets ornery some times. I used to do the time-out thing, and it didn't work very well. After considering the above concept, I made note that we would have to be having time-in before we had a time-out. I started to realize that, generally speaking, the only time my otherwise well-behaved kid was ornery was after I had spent more than an hour sending a series of e-mails, or cleaning the house, or cooking, or otherwise busy with my own thing and generally ignoring her.

I don't mean to make this sound like I spend every waking hour entertaining my kid, and that anytime she acts like a brat I come running like a marionette - that's not it at all. In fact, she can self-entertain for a long time. But now before I yell "KNOCK THAT OFF BEFORE YOU GO TO A TIME OUT", I think to myself... what would it be time away from? Time away from me ignoring her? Maybe it's time to spend a few minutes together.

On a related note, around this time we re-branded time out to "myself time" (her words), and now when she gets pissed off by something (or overwhelmed) she'll go to her room for "myself time" and just chill in there for a few minutes and take a breather. This was also a game changer.

Aha, this makes perfect sense. Thanks for clarifying. I think you're probably onto something genius here.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

photomikey posted:

My mother-in-law watched my daughter while my wife and I did some Christmas shopping tonight.

Is there a way to visit Toys-R-Us at Christmastime and not feel disgusting both inside and out when you leave? Tell me your secrets.

Yes, it is to go to amazon.com or any other online retailer and do your shopping in your pajamas. There, you don't have to wait 15 minutes in line for a register so that a seasonal employee can ring up someone trying to pay with expired coupons.

gently caress retail forever :colbert:

skeetied
Mar 10, 2011

frenchnewwave posted:

Real talk, I was just kidding about that. My child does not play with knives. I was exaggerating a scenario of her doing something I didn't want her to do.

I realize that. My point remains. You really want to try to minimize the need to tell your kid "no" so put away the things she shouldn't play with, etc. Redirection is a lot more effective with the toddler crowd that time out.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

skeetied posted:

I realize that. My point remains. You really want to try to minimize the need to tell your kid "no" so put away the things she shouldn't play with, etc. Redirection is a lot more effective with the toddler crowd that time out.

I think that really depends on the toddler.

Sweet Gulch
May 8, 2007

That metaphor just went somewhere horrible.
Two weeks later and my four-month-old son is still napping horribly. It's so hard to get anything done!

Does anyone have experience stopping exclusive pumping? Due to various issues when he was born I've been pumping, but after four months I've hit a wall and really need to stop. I've read that you should gradually drop sessions, but after trying to do that I've had multiple painful clogged ducts. I'll be discussing it with my doctor once I can get in.

He's also started to roll over, so we need to transition him out of the swaddle. I think he'll sleep just fine without it, since he already naps without it sometimes, but the trouble is calming him down to get him to sleep. Anyone have tips?

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Sweet Gulch posted:

He's also started to roll over, so we need to transition him out of the swaddle. I think he'll sleep just fine without it, since he already naps without it sometimes, but the trouble is calming him down to get him to sleep. Anyone have tips?

Do you have a baby swing, AKA the neglect-o-matic 5000?

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
My six month old is now able to settle himself to sleep. Only up twice for feeding, will sleep 7-6am.

What is this. What is this life. Who am I.

Sweet Gulch
May 8, 2007

ActusRhesus posted:

Do you have a baby swing, AKA the neglect-o-matic 5000?

We do! It's what he takes his naps in. (Or did, until his nap troubles started.) Generally he gets mad and more wired if we put him in it before he's ready to fall asleep, though. He maintains an active interest in not being neglected. Plus, now that he's so keen on rolling over, he likes to test the strength of the harness and gets mad that it won't let him flop onto the floor. Cruel, cruel safety features.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Sweet Gulch posted:

We do! It's what he takes his naps in. (Or did, until his nap troubles started.) Generally he gets mad and more wired if we put him in it before he's ready to fall asleep, though. He maintains an active interest in not being neglected. Plus, now that he's so keen on rolling over, he likes to test the strength of the harness and gets mad that it won't let him flop onto the floor. Cruel, cruel safety features.

hmmm...we used a combination of the swing, the sleep sheep, and noise cancelling headphones until the first two took effect.

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark
Speaking of Sleep, the wife and I are now doing without! About 3 weeks ago, baby was the best sleeper in the world, would usually go 8-10 hours, waking up only about 2-3 times a week. But, she caught a cold; while she was sick, it was no joy to get her to sleep, and that sleep never lasted. Thankfully, the wife was able to get her to sleep with some gratuitous use of our cushy recliner with pillows. Now that she's recovered from the cold, she will still wake up after 2-3 hours of sleep, and will not stay asleep, waking up every 30-60 minutes until morning.

Even the act of putting her back to sleep has become this knock-down drag-out, battle, physically setting her down into her crib she is upset and awake. She'll be fast asleep in my arms, but as soon as she hits the mattress, it's crying and contorting and OH GOD I'M SO TIRED. Please oh wise baby-wizards share with me your secrets.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Illuminado posted:

Speaking of Sleep, the wife and I are now doing without! About 3 weeks ago, baby was the best sleeper in the world, would usually go 8-10 hours, waking up only about 2-3 times a week. But, she caught a cold; while she was sick, it was no joy to get her to sleep, and that sleep never lasted. Thankfully, the wife was able to get her to sleep with some gratuitous use of our cushy recliner with pillows. Now that she's recovered from the cold, she will still wake up after 2-3 hours of sleep, and will not stay asleep, waking up every 30-60 minutes until morning.

Even the act of putting her back to sleep has become this knock-down drag-out, battle, physically setting her down into her crib she is upset and awake. She'll be fast asleep in my arms, but as soon as she hits the mattress, it's crying and contorting and OH GOD I'M SO TIRED. Please oh wise baby-wizards share with me your secrets.

Try taking shifts with your wife. Swaddling, swings, etc. etc.

When all else fails, make sure baby is in a safe place, put on noise cancelling headphones, and crash. It's not optimal, but remember, a completely sleep deprived parent is more dangerous than an angry infant left in a safe napping place.

Sockmuppet
Aug 15, 2009

Illuminado posted:

How old is she? Babies randomly sleep like assholes sometimes, especially in relation to developmental leaps and illness, you basically just have to wait them out.
If it's an entrenched habit, it's a different matter. We ended up having to do cry it out because our kid just would not settle as long as we were in the room with her but didn't bend to her will, but most babies can be taught to settle themselves with less of a boot-camp approach. The No Cry Sleep Solution is a great book!

Chicken McNobody
Aug 7, 2009

Illuminado posted:

We had one of these, but from day 1 (i.e., there was no "trigger event"). The only thing that worked for us was time (oh lord, so much time) and cosleeping. He'll be 3 next month; only in the last 6 months or so has he began going to bed without literally fighting us or requiring us to turn in for the night alongside him. Some babies just want to be with you alllllllllllllll the time. (ALL the time.) Putting them to sleep is pushing them away, and they do. not. like it, no matter how tired they are. Hell, only in the last couple of months could you ask my son if he was tired and have him answer honestly "yes".

Alternative hypothesis: When my son gets over an illness he seems to want to go full-tilt-boogie to make up for lost time. Maybe it will pass once she's used to feeling better again?

My suggestion basically is if she won't sleep if you put her down, don't put her down. Sleep with her in the well-barriered recliner or in your bed. Try again later. As wonderful as it feels to successfully get your kid to sleep alone (I assume, we've only accomplished it a handful of times), it feels a lot better for everyone to be well-rested. Do the necessary in the short-term. This won't last forever.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Illuminado posted:

This is what happens with babies. There is no magic secret.

Whatever you do, please ignore AR's suggestion of putting yourself in a state where you are unable to even hear what is happening with your baby.

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark
Thanks for the advise, I'll just keep trying more creative ways of putting her to sleep. For the record, she'll be 7 months next week, we don't want to swaddle her anymore because she'll barrel roll around all night, and don't want to have any incidents, we DO still swaddle her for naps during the day, and she sleeps like a brick for about 30-40 minutes. I'm hoping we can just fall back into a healthy cycle of sleep for my own sanity.
  • Check out No Cry Sleep Solution
  • Try longer ( :cry: ) period of getting her to sleep.
  • Look into keeping a night-nanny on retainer.
  • Render her unto the Goblin King.
  • :dealwithit:

Papercut posted:

This is what happens with babies. There is no magic secret.

Whatever you do, please ignore AR's suggestion of putting yourself in a state where you are unable to even hear what is happening with your baby.

Honestly, I have a hard time waking up when she cries anyway, so I usually am prodded awake by the wife, no headphones required.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
7 months could be teething. Buckle up.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?

Sweet Gulch posted:

Does anyone have experience stopping exclusive pumping? Due to various issues when he was born I've been pumping, but after four months I've hit a wall and really need to stop. I've read that you should gradually drop sessions, but after trying to do that I've had multiple painful clogged ducts. I'll be discussing it with my doctor once I can get in.

I got clogged ducts as well when I started trying to stop breastfeeding. What helped was going back on the pill, as it dried my supply right up within a week or so. If you aren't keen on hormonal contraception, I've heard that peppermint tea can have a similar, but less immediate, effect.

Sockmuppet
Aug 15, 2009

bee posted:

I got clogged ducts as well when I started trying to stop breastfeeding.

I don't know if it'll help for clogged ducts caused by trying to stop pumping/nursing, but when I got clogged ducts while breastfeeding, keeping my boobs warm with wool inserts and taking Leticin kept everything flowing very nicely - Leticin works by making the fat in the milk less prone to "clotting", so it didn't, well, pile up in there.
I don't know how it'll work for quitting, though, since I didn't need it then - when we quit, it was down to a trickle anyway, so I didn't get any clogged ducts.

gninjagnome
Apr 17, 2003

We can usually put our 10 month old down to bed for the night pretty quickly, but she'll often cry when we put her down for a nap. In those cases, it's a matter of holding her for longer before putting her down - like up to 30 minutes. I'll often just grab a nap in the rocking chair.

Of course for us, she's not the best sleeper once we put her down. We're lucky if we get 5 hours straight hours of sleep out of her. Usually it's 3-4 hours, and on occasion every 2 hours. She does taunt us with an occasional full night of sleep.

hepscat
Jan 16, 2005

Avenging Nun

photomikey posted:

When I saw this I was going to post CLICK ME to be tongue in cheek but it's really true. Try not to enter that type of store in December.

The freeway exit nearest my house is also the way to Toys R Us. When December rolls around I am reminded that we are the only Toys R Us for another 10 or 15 miles because the exit backs up for a half mile onto the freeway, solely for that store.

skeetied
Mar 10, 2011

bee posted:

I got clogged ducts as well when I started trying to stop breastfeeding. What helped was going back on the pill, as it dried my supply right up within a week or so. If you aren't keen on hormonal contraception, I've heard that peppermint tea can have a similar, but less immediate, effect.

Sudafed can also help you dry up quickly.

Sweet Gulch
May 8, 2007

bee posted:

Alas, I just had an IUD inserted! I've got a big bag of peppermint tea in the cupboard already, though, so I'll give that, leticin, and maybe the Sudafed a try. Thanks, all. It'll be really nice to sleep more than four hours at a time again (when I'm not on active baby duty, anyway.)

photomikey
Dec 30, 2012

hepscat posted:

The freeway exit nearest my house is also the way to Toys R Us. When December rolls around I am reminded that we are the only Toys R Us for another 10 or 15 miles because the exit backs up for a half mile onto the freeway, solely for that store.

I posted the question kinda tongue-in-cheek, not that I am flummoxed by the idea of shopping on the internet, but in the same kind of way that McDonalds keeps selling the most terrible hamburgers in the world, and the TV News serves up "HOW YOUR DRINKING WATER COULD KILL YOU, TONIGHT AT FIVE" every three months... I think to myself... nobody would buy that crappy hamburger, and nobody would watch that worthless news story... and yet, I'm wrong - they're lined up around the corner to go into Toys R Us and buy pink plastic crap shipped straight from China that won't last two weeks past Christmas. The whole concept - I just don't loving get it. Why not buy your kid a couple of decent toys that might last a year or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyz
May 22, 2007

I AM A GIRL ON WOW GIVE ME ITAMS

photomikey posted:

I posted the question kinda tongue-in-cheek, not that I am flummoxed by the idea of shopping on the internet, but in the same kind of way that McDonalds keeps selling the most terrible hamburgers in the world, and the TV News serves up "HOW YOUR DRINKING WATER COULD KILL YOU, TONIGHT AT FIVE" every three months... I think to myself... nobody would buy that crappy hamburger, and nobody would watch that worthless news story... and yet, I'm wrong - they're lined up around the corner to go into Toys R Us and buy pink plastic crap shipped straight from China that won't last two weeks past Christmas. The whole concept - I just don't loving get it. Why not buy your kid a couple of decent toys that might last a year or two.

I know man, I mean why don't people just build/whittle all their kids' toys by hand instead of taking the easy way out and BUYING something, how terribly lazy of them.

I buy cheap plastic crap for my kids because I don't want to pay extra money for something they are going to beat the crap out of, probably break, and get bored of in a couple months (in which case I stash it in the attic for a few months and soon it's a brand new toy again). Toys R Us has the greatest variety of cheap plastic crap. It's really that simple.