Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Nam Taf posted:

Slow Motion: Making poor life decisions so you don't have to.

Slow Motion: Where you too can vicariously live a "Bad With Money" lifestyle!

EDIT: Slow Motion: Where you too can vicariously live a "Baller With Money" lifestyle!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

PCjr sidecar posted:

Warhammer figurines.

Either this or magic cards.

i am he
Feb 4, 2014

Slow Motion - Ok champ you've got the biggest dick of them all. Clearly.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Dwight Eisenhower posted:

The "hobby" is dealing drugs. If you do not think the hobby is dealing drugs, explain how an egomaniac like SlowMo doesn't tell everyone about his new hobby that he blew $1200 on.

Seriously, he bought a ridiculous amount of vaping poo poo on a whim, spent less than $1200 on it, and made sure to detail his purchases in detail so we'd all know how much money he could blow on vaping paraphernalia.

It's dealing drugs, stop making GBS threads up the thread with hobby questions and start the dead pool on how much longer it will be until drug dealing is SlowMo's primary income.

If this thread ends with SlowMo fired and in jail for drug trafficking will it be the greatest success or the greatest failure in BFC / E/N history?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

axeil posted:

If this thread ends with SlowMo fired and in jail for drug trafficking will it be the greatest success or the greatest failure in BFC / E/N history?

Getting arrested is bad with money. If he can get out of debt selling drugs, more power to him.

It'd better be coke, though. Long-term prospects for selling weed with consistent profit margins in Seattle don't look good.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Aliquid posted:

Getting arrested is bad with money. If he can get out of debt selling drugs, more power to him.

It'd better be coke, though. Long-term prospects for selling weed with consistent profit margins in Seattle don't look good.

IF they tax it like they do in Denver the black market will just just fine.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

I just feel like quoting this again.

Slow Motion posted:

In terms of managing my finances reviewing the discretionary spending is the best way to understand which costs I can most easily control.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul
A BFC Poster scans the list of threads. His heart speeds up as he spies what he has been looking for. The Slow Motion thread has been bumped. His breathing becoming shallow and rapid, A BFC Poster clicks the link that leads him to the latest posts in the thread, and hunches over his keyboard. His body is tense. It's been nearly an hour since he last struck, and the pressure in his chest is becoming unbearable. With the last of his patience, A BFC Poster skims past post after post of, "What's the hobby, SloMo?" His pulse quickens further with each iteration of the phrase. Soon it will be his turn! He does not realize it, but A BFC Poster is moaning softly to himself as he moves his cursor to click on the "Reply" button. Into the empty box, A BFC Poster types, "What's the Hobby?" His vision is now tinged gray at the periphery, and he hears the blood pounding in his temples. He hesitates for only the briefest moment - it is all his state of arousal will allow - and clicks submit. In that instant, he feels release. The unbearable pressure is gone, and he is filled with warmth. The chemicals of pleasure course through his body, and his limbs become cooked spaghetti. With his lips slightly parted and his head tilted back, A BFC Poster breathes deeply and holds the air in his lungs. He luxuriates in the feeling of being utterly spent, pleased with what he knows in his heart to be a job well done.

Another BFC Poster scans the list of threads. His heart speeds up as he spies what he has been looking for. The corner of his lip has curled into a sneer he is not even aware of. He clicks the link, and hunches over his keyboard.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Centripetal Horse posted:

A BFC Poster scans the list of threads. His heart speeds up as he spies what he has been looking for. The Slow Motion thread has been bumped. His breathing becoming shallow and rapid, A BFC Poster clicks the link that leads him to the latest posts in the thread, and hunches over his keyboard. His body is tense. It's been nearly an hour since he last struck, and the pressure in his chest is becoming unbearable. With the last of his patience, A BFC Poster skims past post after post of, "What's the hobby, SloMo?" His pulse quickens further with each iteration of the phrase. Soon it will be his turn! He does not realize it, but A BFC Poster is moaning softly to himself as he moves his cursor to click on the "Reply" button. Into the empty box, A BFC Poster types, "What's the Hobby?" His vision is now tinged gray at the periphery, and he hears the blood pounding in his temples. He hesitates for only the briefest moment - it is all his state of arousal will allow - and clicks submit. In that instant, he feels release. The unbearable pressure is gone, and he is filled with warmth. The chemicals of pleasure course through his body, and his limbs become cooked spaghetti. With his lips slightly parted and his head tilted back, A BFC Poster breathes deeply and holds the air in his lungs. He luxuriates in the feeling of being utterly spent, pleased with what he knows in his heart to be a job well done.

Another BFC Poster scans the list of threads. His heart speeds up as he spies what he has been looking for. The corner of his lip has curled into a sneer he is not even aware of. He clicks the link, and hunches over his keyboard.

This should be added to the memoir imo. It certainly reads better than anything I've seen out of that book thus far.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Slow Motion posted:

Hey guys, it's me! Slow Motion! I decided to tell you all what the hobby is! It's

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Oh noooo :ohdear:

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

But Not Tonight posted:

This should be added to the memoir imo. It certainly reads better than anything I've seen out of that book thus far.

It doesn't fit. It's too noir, it's too fun, and it reads too easily. Where's the stilted dialogue? Where are the sentences you have to re-read two or three times to comprehend? The slowmo memoirs are the literary equivalent of his non-sensical "budgets".

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Slow Motion posted:

Had my review today. Raise was only $4/hr with another $4/hr contingent on a passing grade when results are released in January. My ratings were not bad, nor great. Pretty similar to last year really. I'm going to need to pass some loving exams if I'm ever going to make real money keep my job.

FTFY

E-Money
Nov 12, 2005

Got Out.
What's in the box?!?!

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
what if there's another hobby inside it!

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
His hobby is probably selling coke. That's probably what that 1500 in "sales" were. So he's now making tons of money on the side. Right... RIGHT?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Slow Motion posted:

I'll post a tutorial on eating eggs after a workout in the next few days.

so slowmo, hobby talk aside what's your current weight? Are your lifts improving?

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE
faaaaaaaaaaaaaaart

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

Whew. Just got caught up on this bad boy. Really hope to see SloMo encounter some sort of wake up call, though I know his skull is too dense.

Fantastic thread though, good work everyone

last laugh
Feb 11, 2004

NOOOTHING!
I can't remember, do firms usually put people with felonies in positions where they can control funds, and have insider knowledge?

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

last laugh posted:

I can't remember, do firms usually put people with felonies in positions where they can control funds, and have insider knowledge?

Being a criminal is a pre-requisite of the financial industry isn't it?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Nam Taf posted:

Being a criminal Not getting caught is a pre-requisite of the financial industry isn't it?

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

Had my performance review today. It went well; got the "Effective" rating with guidelines on growing into my newer role and mentoring others not just as a software project manager, but also now as a product manager.

But now I nee help from BFC. That clearly means I should also start spending lots of money per month outside of work on a hobby, but doing what?
A) Restoring antique furniture
B) Sailing in a luxury yacht club
C) Making custom chainmail for LARPing
D) Cutting gemstones

My old roommate's family is pretty rich, and her dad actually asked me if I could get him in touch with a raw gemstone supplier while visiting family overseas, as if it was just something I'd know...

SpelledBackwards fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Dec 12, 2014

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
You could make some big time cash if furniture restoration was your hobby,

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
Go B and don't look back until you're homeless.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

SpelledBackwards posted:

But now I needed help from BFC. That clearly means I should also start spending lots of money per month outside of work on a hobby, but doing what?

Bitcoin day trading.

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Antique yacht photography

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

District Selectman posted:

Antique yacht photography

Custom yacht gemstone chainmail.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Spermy Smurf posted:

Custom yacht gemstone chainmail.

Artisan rappelling cocaine

edit Finnish whore decanter

slap me silly
Nov 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Centripetal Horse posted:

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

whats hobby

CanadianSuperKing
Dec 29, 2008
Quel est ton passe-temps?

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
how is habby formed

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

paperchaseguy posted:

how is habby formed

Dreadite
Dec 31, 2004

College Slice

paperchaseguy posted:

how is habby formed

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web
how man paess free tieme

Bisty Q.
Jul 22, 2008

moana posted:

how man paess free tieme

it was in bfc this mroing
a man in seattle who had kill nine months budgats

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

They need to do way instain slomo

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
My pary is with the baller. I am sorry for your lots.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

paperchaseguy posted:

how is habby formed

omg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grenada
Apr 20, 2013
Relax.
He bought a motorcycle according to his post history. Down payment on a ducati?

• Locked thread