Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Ariong posted:

Nope. Sorry.

Welp, at least it was an Azazel run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

The wiki is apparently completely useless for seeds unless you're on PC. Even the Vita ones I tried didn't actually work, and there's not many of those. I did try a couple on both hard and normal and they seem to be the same regardless, so at least I learned something I suppose.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

What form of Satan do I die on as Azazel? When he is shooting bullets/brimstones, or when his feet are stomping down?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Either, but not to his Brimstone or the bomb leeches from what I remember.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

drunken officeparty posted:

What form of Satan do I die on as Azazel? When he is shooting bullets/brimstones, or when his feet are stomping down?

I did it on the former, but I believe that either will work.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Ariong posted:

I did it on the former, but I believe that either will work.

It's safer to die to the shooting part. Don't want to accidentally die to the bomb leeches.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
3NBF
N4Y9

That seed will start Eden with the D100 and is pretty much unremarkable besides that. Just in case anyone feels like tooling around with the D100.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:
What a cocktease of a run: 2/3 guppy, 2/3 lord of the flies and 3/4 meat girl. I even had the contract to give me double room drops and enough luck to get an item from a chest every time in the dark room, which meant from most rooms I got two items. Also found a forget me now, so I killed dark room boss and reset the floor and still didnt get a fly or guppy item to complete the transform. Did get some dumb combo of pyro, sad bombs, homing bombs, choco milk and proptosis which made up for the whole run up to that point being almost stock damage.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Oh man, I sure do love playing as Judas, glass cannon runs are the greatest

:stare:

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT
Oh, for gently caress's sake. I had a Blank Card + Habit + The Battery + Jera when I entered the Chest. I could've made hundreds of chests in the starting room but I went and opened them instantly out of habit.

Not a single chest spawned on the entire floor after. :(

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Does anyone know which item sometimes makes you drop red hearts when being hit? I've had this in a few runs now and I can't figure out what causes it. It's not Gimpy or the Pouch.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Just played a game with Daddy Longlegs in the floor 1 item room and Gnawed Leaf on floor 2, and also picked up The Virus, Guppy Mode, and Epic Fetus. I wish I had played it as The Lost, maybe I could have finally made some progress with him :(

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Samuel Clemens posted:

Does anyone know which item sometimes makes you drop red hearts when being hit? I've had this in a few runs now and I can't figure out what causes it. It's not Gimpy or the Pouch.

Fanny Pack or Old Bandage.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

kemikalkadet posted:

To unlock the D4 by blowing up arcade machines, does it count bombed arcades or is it just ones that pop on their own after a certain amount of coins?

i got it of bombing

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Holy poo poo, this Lost run started off amazingly well. Curse room right next to the starting point has Dead Cat and the treasure room has the D6. If I somehow gently caress this up I'm gonna be so incredibly disappointed. Here's the seed for anyone else playing on Vita.

2DYB
JPFV

edit: pick up Guppy's Paw and reroll it in a curse room later, it'll give you Guppy's Head and turn you into Guppy.

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Dec 14, 2014

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Ever since I unlocked the D6, I've had Brimstone and become Guppy on every Isaac run. This last time, I didn't even reroll anything to get those. This is weird but not unwelcome.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

omeg posted:

Fanny Pack or Old Bandage.

Thanks, it must have been the Old Bandage then. Never knew it had that effect as well.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Got Dead Cat in the curse room with Lost, followed by Cricket Head, Guppy Head and Magic Mushroom. I wonder what'll kill me.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

So either I did something wrong, which is entirely possible, or the wiki is right and you can no longer use seeds to unlock The Lost. I will never in a million years be able to unlock him the hard way so I guess I have to resign myself to never playing as him.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

So either I did something wrong, which is entirely possible, or the wiki is right and you can no longer use seeds to unlock The Lost. I will never in a million years be able to unlock him the hard way so I guess I have to resign myself to never playing as him.

Just download a 100% save duder.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Only the first part of it takes any particularly long amount of time. Finding a mulliboom and dying to it is an absolute pain but the other deaths are entirely not random.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Got my first Mega Satan kill cheap as hell yesterday. Started a Eden run which gave me the shears and the tanooki tail. Picked up a cube of meat and big beautiful fly.

Basically, I just hung out near MS's head while invincible and let him die by my familiars.

Devil Wears Wings
Jul 17, 2006

Look ye upon the wages of diet soda and weep, for it is society's fault.
Hooooooooly poo poo Death's Touch is insane. I ended up with triple shot + a bunch of damage up items + Tammy's Head + Flat Worm. Oh, and guppy form. One pop of the head cleared 2x2 rooms in the Womb and ??? died in about two seconds. Really wish I saved the seed on that one.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Got Dead Boy after getting a complete reroll room on Eve in Womb II. :slick:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Finally got around to fighting Mega Satan, really fuckin cool fight. I love multi-stage bosses.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

CJacobs posted:

Finally got around to fighting Mega Satan, really fuckin cool fight. I love multi-stage bosses.

It's a really fun fight. I just wish you could get to it easier cause sometimes you just won't run into 2 angel rooms or Dad's Key.

I didn't know Anti-Gravity Tears worked with Brimstone. It's magical. :allears: It's not useful unless you have Magnetic Tears, but it's cool there's an interaction for that.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Similar thing I didn't expect there to be an interaction for: If you pick up quad shot with Ludovico it adds three more littler rotating tears around your big one.

There's actually a strategy associated with this where you can kill anything almost instantly by just jiggling the ludovico tear around on top of the enemy so that all 4 tears hit in rapid succession.

Little Blue Couch
Oct 19, 2007

WIRED FOR SOUND
AND
DOWN FOR WHATEVER
Mega-Satan is a cool boss but i'm glad you don't have to do it more than once and it doesn't have any unlocks.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
So, I know we all talked about the Ipecac-Fetus synergy, but I found some items that can make it even more deadly. Fire Mind, Halo of Flies, Inner Eye, and Mom's Eye left me shooting giant masses of Bob's Heads that, nine times out of ten, detonated on my person and left a bunch of harmless (to me) flames behind. It did enough damage to one-shot both Adversaries in a double Adversary room, and I never took damage unless the explosions launched me into something.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Should I do it? :ohdear:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Dr. Fetus posted:

Should I do it? :ohdear:

REEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOLLL!!!!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

:stare: I am now a rapid fire harbinger of death. D100 seems like it's a fun item to mess around with.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Well, I just had a run where I found every single Guppy item.

Cellar II Devil Room had Dead Cat, Hairball and Satanic Bible (so I might as well grab the cat and burn all my HP to get 2/3 Gupster).

Utero I had Guppy's Tail in a completely random red chest dropped by a champion.

Utero II had both Paw and Head in a cursed room.

And finally the collar was found in a cursed room in the Cathedral.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You should buy me a lottery ticket.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I think I worked out the secret to completing the Beans! challenge: replace that loving bean with the red candle as soon as possible.

I completed Purist using the red candle and the starter deck, with a Chaos Card for Mom's Heart.

Y'know, Beans! wouldn't be nearly as aggravating if the bean had the recharge time of the red candle. And an orbital helps a lot.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

CJacobs posted:

You should buy me a lottery ticket.

I should buy myself one.

Here's the seed, though I doubt you'll get the one in the chest:
KFZF
M3C6

It was an Eden run, it should start you with Loki's Horns, the unicorn stump and a temperance card to cheese for money. Wish I'd known about this seed for $$$ farming before they fixed the seed bug.

Also, Book of Revelations/Satanic Bible + Wafer (or Cancer) + Sharp Plug = infinite health, just mash the spacebar.

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Dec 14, 2014

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

IMJack posted:

I think I worked out the secret to completing the Beans! challenge: replace that loving bean with the red candle as soon as possible.

That's exactly how I did this yesterday. I also did Cat Got Your Tongue by replacing Guppy's Head with Head of Krampus which at least allows you to unleash the full Guppy potential in boss rooms if not regular ones. Now I just have Solar System and Suicide King left of the challenges.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

CJacobs posted:

Similar thing I didn't expect there to be an interaction for: If you pick up quad shot with Ludovico it adds three more littler rotating tears around your big one.

I played Azazel and got Ludovico, which turned my game into trying to find a hiding place so I could pay attention to driving that red ring of death around.

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
My streak is at -400 trying to beat the lost. Feel like I won't be able to beat the lamb or boss rush without the stopwatch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008

Gromit posted:

I played Azazel and got Ludovico, which turned my game into trying to find a hiding place so I could pay attention to driving that red ring of death around.

Basically your damage output is so insane that nearly every room you can just sit by the door, the ring acts as two brimstone forcefields any enemy has to cross to get to you.