Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Endorph posted:

that's some Next Level Gaming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
For more than a decade, I never knew there was an "uncut version" of AoE2 intro.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
in elementary school I brought my snes in my back pack with the rented copy of chrono trigger so my mom wouldn't be able to find it and take it back to blockbuster

what a shitlord

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Ularg posted:

I got to skip out on a class in elementary because I convinced my principle that playing Age of Empires instead was a better learning experience.

uggh half the scenarios were historically inaccurate it annoyed teenage :spergin: me

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ularg posted:

I got to skip out on a class in elementary because I convinced my principle that playing Age of Empires instead was a better learning experience.

If your class was Classics then you might actually be able to make a valid argument for that with Age of Mythology, that had a great encyclopedia.

hubris.height posted:

in elementary school I brought my snes in my back pack with the rented copy of chrono trigger so my mom wouldn't be able to find it and take it back to blockbuster

what a shitlord

Why did you bring the SNES as well?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
because children are really really dumb

i guess i thought it needed to be with it for some reason?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
In 5th grade I brought the Legend of Zelda OoT strategy guide to reading period. How else was I supposed to take the time to figure out the Water Temple?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I'm beginning to fear that I'm one of those people everyone loves to catch on audio/video, those people who get Mad At Video Games in a PvP game more complicated than TF2

Luckily I'm too meek to ACTUALLY lose my poo poo, but goddamn Hearthstone, LoL, etc. are making me want to rage like a manchild for how little I'm learning on how to play them

:(

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

In 5th grade I brought the Legend of Zelda OoT strategy guide to reading period. How else was I supposed to take the time to figure out the Water Temple?

Try using your brain maybe?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Ciaphas posted:

I'm beginning to fear that I'm one of those people everyone loves to catch on audio/video, those people who get Mad At Video Games in a PvP game more complicated than TF2

Luckily I'm too meek to ACTUALLY lose my poo poo, but goddamn Hearthstone, LoL, etc. are making me want to rage like a manchild for how little I'm learning on how to play them

:(

Eh, have a good rage out. Maybe you'll be Youtube famous! Seriously though, just step away from the game breathe slow and then go back to it. If you feel it coming back, just put the game away and do something else for a bit. You'll come back with a fresh perspective :)

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Austrian mook posted:

Try using your brain maybe?

I was a 10 year old kid; that was asking much.

Mushball
May 23, 2012
Fistful of Frags is my go to game when I want to chill and just blast virtual people. I'm on a tactical shooter bender where the only other multiplayer game I really play are Insurgency and Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm so its a good thing to get away from always needing to contribute to the team.

edit: you will die from getting shot in the back alot, but that was how most wild west gunslingers died anyway.

Mushball fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Dec 14, 2014

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

I have legit had some rage issues with games ever since playing the first Trauma Center. I got as far as the final epilogue level with the dual spider viruses, but after two weeks of attempts that level broke something in me, and I almost broke my DS in response. Now I can actually Get Mad At Videogames despite myself but it helps a lot if I don't have access to voice chat. Basically, gently caress Trauma Center with a length of rusty barbed wire.

re: Recording stuff, I use Open Broadcaster Software; it can stream to livestream or twitch, record locally, or use a recording buffer which is my new favourite.

I've also gotten a good ways into Alien Isolation and I'll admit it looks snazzy, it's well optimized, but it gets off to a slooooow start and even once it's in full swing, every time it's almost completed the feeling of immersion it trips and faceplants itself. examples:

1. Alien's AI stops responding. It just stands silent and motionless... directly outside of the dead-end room I'm hiding in. Upon seeing me, it of course springs to life and eats me.
2. "Lean back and hold your breath" QTE in the lockers result in me getting eaten 3 out of 5 times anyway, after the alien has turned around and started to wander elsewhere. It just suddenly teleports back and tears the door off as soon as I breathe.
3. Alien always looks when I'm hiding under a table. Always. Doesn't matter if it was 3 rooms away at the time, still knows exactly where I am. Why are you even allowed to hide under tables.
3. Hide in locker. Alien passes by locker, leaves. Exit locker. Alien sprints back towards the room. Hide in locker. Alien passes by locker, leaves. Exit locker. Alien sprints back towards the room. Hide in locker...
4. Two full levels where the hostile human AI bugged out and stood motionless, barking their usual idle lines. Did not react even to seeing me. Multiple obvious cues where the Alien should probably have spawned, but it was completely absent for those two levels.

I'm barely up to where you get the flamethrower and I'm just so tired of it. My only reprieve from the wallhacking, godmoding, teleporting AI is when it just up and utterly breaks.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Endorph posted:

i have legitimately learned more from dynasty warriors

dynasty warriors taught me that the master tactician Zhuge Liang used magical powers to destroy an entire fleet of invading ships once

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

MonkeyforaHead posted:

I have legit had some rage issues with games ever since playing the first Trauma Center. I got as far as the final epilogue level with the dual spider viruses, but after two weeks of attempts that level broke something in me, and I almost broke my DS in response. Now I can actually Get Mad At Videogames despite myself but it helps a lot if I don't have access to voice chat. Basically, gently caress Trauma Center with a length of rusty barbed wire.

That one final mission where you have to use your time slowing ability twice pissed me off because I had used it earlier so I still lost. I returned the game to Gamefly a day or so later. Game wasn't as fun as I thought it would be.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

MonkeyforaHead posted:

re: Recording stuff, I use Open Broadcaster Software; it can stream to livestream or twitch, record locally, or use a recording buffer which is my new favourite.

I've also gotten a good ways into Alien Isolation and I'll admit it looks snazzy, it's well optimized, but it gets off to a slooooow start and even once it's in full swing, every time it's almost completed the feeling of immersion it trips and faceplants itself. examples:

1. Alien's AI stops responding. It just stands silent and motionless... directly outside of the dead-end room I'm hiding in. Upon seeing me, it of course springs to life and eats me.
2. "Lean back and hold your breath" QTE in the lockers result in me getting eaten 3 out of 5 times anyway, after the alien has turned around and started to wander elsewhere. It just suddenly teleports back and tears the door off as soon as I breathe.
3. Alien always looks when I'm hiding under a table. Always. Doesn't matter if it was 3 rooms away at the time, still knows exactly where I am. Why are you even allowed to hide under tables.
3. Hide in locker. Alien passes by locker, leaves. Exit locker. Alien sprints back towards the room. Hide in locker. Alien passes by locker, leaves. Exit locker. Alien sprints back towards the room. Hide in locker...
4. Two full levels where the hostile human AI bugged out and stood motionless, barking their usual idle lines. Did not react even to seeing me. Multiple obvious cues where the Alien should probably have spawned, but it was completely absent for those two levels.

I'm barely up to where you get the flamethrower and I'm just so tired of it. My only reprieve from the wallhacking, godmoding, teleporting AI is when it just up and utterly breaks.

What difficulty are you playing? I only noticed 2 minor bugs while playing the game and none of them had to do with the Alien so I don't know what happened there. Note that if it can't find you but knows you are there somewhere he'll sometimes 'sniff' the air but that's a clear animation. The AI 'learns' your habit so if you've been hiding under tables a lot he'll start looking there first thing. A pro active stealth strategy works a lot better than cowering in lockers, use your flares and noisemakers if he won't leave and keep moving if possible.

Don't get me wrong, it's fairly hard as far as games go, but I think the game was very fair to me on normal difficulty at least.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
I've learned to accept that I am terrible at videogames and should just relax and take a break if I start getting pissy.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

The Kins posted:

I've learned to accept that I am terrible at videogames and should just relax and take a break if I start getting pissy.

Metroid: Other M was the last game I broke a controller over. GTA V was the last game I got legitimately mad over. Both still sit unfinished on my shelf. I really need to sell them.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
How did those games make you mad?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Buck Turgidson posted:

How did those games make you mad?

Both were unfun slogs but each had that spark that tipped me over the edge. For Other M it was first a part where I had to find a tiny spot in a bush to progress the game further and the final straw was a boss fight that required me to shoot it with a missile (not an easy task to remember in Other M). I fought that thing for like thirty minutes until I slammed my controller down and shattered it. When I saw a strategy video hit it once with a missile and watch it run away I gave up.

GTA V was a glitchly mess and reminded me how much I hated the GTA series.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Both were unfun slogs but each had that spark that tipped me over the edge. For Other M it was first a part where I had to find a tiny spot in a bush to progress the game further and the final straw was a boss fight that required me to shoot it with a missile (not an easy task to remember in Other M). I fought that thing for like thirty minutes until I slammed my controller down and shattered it. When I saw a strategy video hit it once with a missile and watch it run away I gave up.

You may want to speak with a therapist about that

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Looper posted:

You may want to speak with a therapist about that

Hating GTA V isn't a mental disorder. :colbert:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

lol at sharing your rage-coping techniques for playing toys made for children. count to ten! punch a pillow! hahaaaa lmao

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

GTA V is glitchy? I've beaten that game like twice on 360 and I'm currently going through it on ps4 and haven't had a single issue that i can remember? Certainly not even close to enough to make me quit.

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO
latest news from the dwarf fortress:

- a baby transformed into a Warlock spy. Fortunately he was still a baby and got his arms chopped off by a miner
- a baby transformed into a werewolf. he was still a baby but unfortunately strong as gently caress, gem and stonecraft workshops destroyed, bit through a drakes head like a banana
- automaton, goblin, drow and succubus assassins ambushed lots of people, victims were holding babies; lots of battle scarred tots
- more children than grown up dwarves
- therapist went insane, tore off clothes

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Stux posted:

GTA V is glitchy? I've beaten that game like twice on 360 and I'm currently going through it on ps4 and haven't had a single issue that i can remember? Certainly not even close to enough to make me quit.

GTA V can glitch out really easily if you try and break it. Throwing a ragefit because when you try and make a game glitch it happens easily is pretty childish.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I had the most next-gen gaming experience last night at a get together at my brother's place. Hooked up my Playstation TV, remoted into my PS4 at my place, and everyone whipped out their smartphones so we could play the Jackbox Party Pack. :pcgaming:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

univbee posted:

I had the most next-gen gaming experience last night at a get together at my brother's place. Hooked up my Playstation TV, remoted into my PS4 at my place, and everyone whipped out their smartphones so we could play the Jackbox Party Pack. :pcgaming:

hadn't really thought of being able to do that, but i guess as long as you have a good connection you can just take your PSTV about instead of the full ps4 console if you want to use it at others houses. thats pretty awesome!

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

Kikka posted:

- therapist went insane, tore off clothes

This dwarf should go see a therapist.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

exquisite tea posted:

lol at sharing your rage-coping techniques for playing toys made for children. count to ten! punch a pillow! hahaaaa lmao

I'm pretty sure that was the exact opposite of rage-coping. :v:

pentyne posted:

GTA V can glitch out really easily if you try and break it. Throwing a ragefit because when you try and make a game glitch it happens easily is pretty childish.

Having my save file bug out twice and force me to restart is not trying to make it glitch. The game was fun, but not fun enough to do the torture sequence three loving times. :suicide:

Oh and GTA Online was not fun the two months I tried to play it with my buddies. Of course that had to do with the fact that Online had nothing to do the first six months but w/e, I'm sticking to Saints Row now.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

lol

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Whenever something mildly inconveniences me I smash the hell out of something in frustration. I crossed the rubicon and smashed something when I wasn't mildly inconvenienced and it's the only way I can communicate now. It's the only way I can feel.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

The Kins posted:

Whenever something mildly inconveniences me I smash the hell out of something in frustration. I crossed the rubicon and smashed something when I wasn't mildly inconvenienced and it's the only way I can communicate now. It's the only way I can feel.

I'm smashing my keyboard right now.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Please be nice to your belongings. :ohdear:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What is a good dancing game and maybe dance mat? For my 8 year old

We have a PS3 and a wii

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

I'm pretty sure that was the exact opposite of rage-coping. :v:

Having my save file bug out twice and force me to restart is not trying to make it glitch. The game was fun, but not fun enough to do the torture sequence three loving times. :suicide:

Oh and GTA Online was not fun the two months I tried to play it with my buddies. Of course that had to do with the fact that Online had nothing to do the first six months but w/e, I'm sticking to Saints Row now.

Having spent literally days of playtime per character and doing the story multiple times, I've never experienced a single game breaking bug or save file corruption. Seems like those problems were on your end, pal.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Mash posted:

Having spent literally days of playtime per character and doing the story multiple times, I've never experienced a single game breaking bug or save file corruption. Seems like those problems were on your end, pal.

To be fair, I was moving between apartments at the time so there might have been a glitch-up with an auto-save or something but regardless, by the time I finished the torture sequence for the third time I had no desire to continue playing as the three dirtbags.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

To be fair, I was moving between apartments at the time so there might have been a glitch-up with an auto-save or something but regardless, by the time I finished the torture sequence for the third time I had no desire to continue playing as the three dirtbags.

hi, you can just shoot the bearded guy in the red shirt straight away the first time you get to look through the sniper rifle and skip half the mission well anyway bye.

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

Ah, I get where you're coming from. Now that you mention it, I did lose an auto-save within a few weeks of release on PS3, but I saved my game often enough so I didn't lose more than an hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself

hubris.height posted:

what a shitlord

Hahaha. That's actually adorable. And really, really, stupid. :3:

• Locked thread