Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
something something nuclear throne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Something something this game sucks balls and so do chucklefucks

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Bob NewSCART posted:

Im gonna stab you

Someone please just Helldump this shitlord, Call the mods and get him fired from the forums, Maybe if we imitate the way they treated Plebcomics. Tumblr senpai might notice us.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Bob NewSCART posted:

Something something this game sucks balls and so do chucklefucks

To all the people who shitposts this thread:
http://youtu.be/670if6Etx0o
I hope your all happy.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

grimcreaper posted:

I hope your all happy.
I am thanks. :)

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

pwnyXpress posted:

Haha I maek joke

No but seriously the digging is pretty good in starbound.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Deakul posted:

No but seriously the digging is pretty good in starbound.

Chucklefish cant dig its way out of PR Nightmares

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Rrussom posted:

Chucklefish cant dig its way out of PR Nightmares

There was no pr nightmare. Just a bunch of mouth breathers who don't know what early access actually means.

To top it off the ones who pre-ordered before steam early access were given 2 months to back out but were to busy huffing farts to be bothered and then double-frothed when they couldn't get one anymore.

Basicly Chucklefish did no wrong. People are bad and if you notice the vocal minority amounts to about 10 people per forum base who trash starbound.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Rrussom posted:

I like this idea, *cracks knuckles* Welp, looks like its about to get weird.

Steam streaming pays off for the dedicated starboundre

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

grimcreaper posted:

To all the people who shitposts this thread:
http://youtu.be/670if6Etx0o
I hope your all happy.

Haha holy poo poo are you using Shane Koyczan's poem about hate speech and other inflammable rhetoric about Starbound? :laffo:

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

grimcreaper posted:

There was no pr nightmare. Just a bunch of mouth breathers who don't know what early access actually means.

To top it off the ones who pre-ordered before steam early access were given 2 months to back out but were to busy huffing farts to be bothered and then double-frothed when they couldn't get one anymore.

Basicly Chucklefish did no wrong. People are bad and if you notice the vocal minority amounts to about 10 people per forum base who trash starbound.

:ftbrg:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

grimcreaper posted:

The patch is any day now.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

grimcreaper posted:

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

grimcreaper posted:

ILL TRASH YOU, rear end in a top hat.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Rrussom posted:

ILL TRASH YOU, rear end in a top hat.

GET EM!

GET EM!!!!

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Popular opinion is still pro-Starbound.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Kly posted:

Popular opinion is still pro-Starbound.

Where? Bizarro World?

Soral
May 30, 2009

grimcreaper posted:

starbound is a bad "game,' chucklefish is a bad dev, and you are a bad poster

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
*As soon as the disheveled madman stops screaming in the face of the foppish, pompous plebians face, a crowd quickly begins to gather around the duo. "KICK HIS rear end" "WE WANT BLOOD" "RELEASE WHEN" the people cry in excitement, not soon after the two begin a brutal beatdown. in the distance a man bearing a fedora watches from the shadows, a devilish grin sneaks upon his face, seemingly satisfied at the chaos he has wrought.*

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Rrussom posted:

*As soon as the disheveled madman stops screaming in the face of the foppish, pompous plebians face, a crowd quickly begins to gather around the duo. "KICK HIS rear end" "WE WANT BLOOD" "RELEASE WHEN" the people cry in excitement, not soon after the two begin a brutal beatdown. in the distance a man bearing a fedora watches from the shadows, a devilish grin sneaks upon his face, seemingly satisfied at the chaos he has wrought.*

:vince:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

grimcreaper posted:

Grim Creaped again!

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Rrussom posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnKhsTXoKCI

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I'm sure everything that isn't combat/damage survival related will be decently enjoyable and generally okay on stable Unstable update... right? :ohdear:

EDIT: vvv If being able to turn off "Drop ore on death" is an option in unstable update, then I really do expect only wonky "no no rocket tag for every single enemy in your fun space exploration game means SKILLS" combat to be the only slog. RNG not loving you over aside (no exageration my stabs at old stable was fast approaching 1,000 iron, before I had enough copper ore for four whole bars). The rest is just added timesink layers like "Work your way up to your ship being able to fly in the first place", but at the very least that's just a timesink and not an active penalty loss of progress.

Hopefully that Garden world start is all it's cracked up to be. Which reminds me, I never made a Floran.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Dec 14, 2014

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Section Z posted:

I'm sure everything that isn't combat/damage survival related will be decently enjoyable and generally okay on stable Unstable update... right? :ohdear:
I actually do feel like a lot of other stuff has been improved. Chucklefish is pretty much consistently dropping the ball on combat on the most fundamental and intentional levels but at least we can upgrade our matter manipulators now.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Vib Rib posted:

Chucklefish is pretty much consistently dropping the ball on combat on the most fundamental and intentional levels but at least we can upgrade our matter manipulators now.

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
I haven't been following any news about this game and haven't played it in months. What are people actually upset about? They were doing some kind of combat overhaul and a bunch of other changes, right? Is that stuff delayed or just not good?

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Ashrik posted:

I haven't been following any news about this game and haven't played it in months. What are people actually upset about? They were doing some kind of combat overhaul and a bunch of other changes, right? Is that stuff delayed or just not good?

The game currently is bad and has not been updated in eight months.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Ashrik posted:

Glacially slow updates and bad combat at a design level.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Section Z posted:

EDIT: vvv If being able to turn off "Drop ore on death" is an option in unstable update, then I really do expect only wonky "no no rocket tag for every single enemy in your fun space exploration game means SKILLS" combat to be the only slog.

It is an option, they added a couple more difficulties a while back. Also for whoever was always talking about that dumb system where you had to where a fur outfit to explore moons, they ditched that too, now you just have a "nanoskin" you can upgrade for different environments, almost more like Metroid. And then you wear whatever armor you want over top of that.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Ashrik posted:

hth

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

IronicDongz posted:

heres an opinion abuot videogames: if you make a scifi-themed platformer don't make me use metal swords and poo poo, make laser guns the main weapons first and then add laser swords which can(important) deflect lasers so they're actually cool to use instead of boring/slightly annoying

Someone here hasn't read Dune.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
no, I have. that doesn't change anything but thanks?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

This game is Brad.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Aaaaa whoops I meant bad not Brad haha

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Sorry to any Brads out there

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
Stop it. That goes for all of you

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Free my nigga west side locked up till this day

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Sz2zr3pZEo

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Starbound Winter* Update Trailer
*Winter being December through February

Looks good. Game should be about ready to go to early access sales!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoboNews
Oct 11, 2012

Don't rattle me bones

I ain't gonna lie, after watching that my opinion of Starbound has changed for the better.

I was a little confused as to why there would be bowling in a 2D game though.

• Locked thread