Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
More news popping up from the land of China:

Dragon Momoko have revealed an upgraded version of the Sword Striker pack for their 1/100 "PG" Strike Gundam. Rumors have also popped up that the kit will contain all three striker packs.

Unsurprisingly, Daban have made quick work in making PG Strike Gundam. More surprisingly, it's Strike Rouge with the Skygrapser. Even more surprisingly, the first batch pre-order bonus will contain a 1/100 MG Strike Gundam ver. RM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Well that's cool. If I didn't already have a Strike vRM with all three packs I might be interested, but well.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Is it kosher to thin Gundam Color paints using Mr Thinner. I think it is because they seem to be of the same brand, Creos.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Monaghan posted:

I'm not even kidding when I say that buying an airbrush and compressor has saved me money in the long run. Painting a kit makes it so it takes a lot longer to finish, and I buy way less kits because of it.

Finishing kits has never been a barrier to buying more geez,

I just finished snap fitting and cleaning up HG GM Sniper II in prep for washing it and then having it be my first airbrush time. I went with the Neo for Iwata pistol grip gravity feed thing because I am awful at precision grip.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Okay, fess up; Who stole a PG Unicorn from it's display case in China?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
That's pretty much the spirit of every single gundam series, I'm more surprised it doesn't happen way more.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Sure, but the Unicorn wasn't gundamjacked. It was a gift. Come to think of it, I think the only stolen PG is the Mk-II. I guess the Freedom counts too. Point being this person stole the wrong gundam.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Warmachine posted:

Sure, but the Unicorn wasn't gundamjacked. It was a gift. Come to think of it, I think the only stolen PG is the Mk-II. I guess the Freedom counts too. Point being this person stole the wrong gundam.

Freedom isn't a PG, and the Strike Freedom was built for Our Lord and Savior.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

TARDISman posted:

Freedom isn't a PG, and the Strike Freedom was built for Our Lord and Savior.

I hope "Our Lord and Saviour" got a refund.

Speaking of Freedom though, I would totally put down money for a PG Freedom. I find it funny that Freedom didn't even get a ver. RM MG back when Seed/Destiny HD was running.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

TaurusOxford posted:

Speaking of Freedom though, I would totally put down money for a PG Freedom. I find it funny that Freedom didn't even get a ver. RM MG back when Seed/Destiny HD was running.

it's a drat shame because I think the regular freedom is a great design and I would definitely buy a pg version of it.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

TaurusOxford posted:

Guess Bandai looked at the rifle on the MG Freedom and thought "Surely we can't improve upon this!"

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Monaghan posted:

it's a drat shame because I think the regular freedom is a great design and I would definitely buy a pg version of it.

I kind of expected one based on the Strike Freedom - maybe the SF didn't sell well enough.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I think the only kits Destiny HD Remaster led to were RGs.

EDIT: Wait I read your post wrong, derp.

Also against my better judgement I tried using regular putty as a stand-in for epoxy. It... didn't really go well.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Whats the difference between epoxy putty and tube putty?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Epoxy is better for molding stuff out of (it's practically clay), while tube putty is better for filling holes or seams.

You can technically use them for each other's specialty, but it's a messy pain in the rear end if you do.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Working on MG Zaku. How the gently caress does one model have so many stickers? :psyduck:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

An Angry Bug posted:

Working on MG Zaku. How the gently caress does one model have so many stickers? :psyduck:

Build any ver. Ka or HG Sinanju and find out.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Midjack posted:

Build any ver. Ka or HG Sinanju and find out.

HG Sinanju's amount of stickers is incredible. The knees alone have more stickers than most HGs.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Christmas sale going on at HLJ, although unsurprisingly their Gunpla selection is sparse at best: http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?SaleGroup=141215&GenreCode=Gun

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

An Angry Bug posted:

Caution, Caution everywhere.

It took me around 8 hours to do the decals of the Zaku. Given how many there are and how precarious it can be, I opted to do just one side of a leg or arm at a time.

Being done with the Rick Dom in two hours was like a gift from God.

I sure hope arthritis doesn't run in your family, because after the Zaku decaling, I've got a pain in my right index finger if it's overused by pushing down to cut on a cutting mat. :-(

TaurusOxford posted:

Christmas sale going on at HLJ, although unsurprisingly their Gunpla selection is sparse at best: http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?SaleGroup=141215&GenreCode=Gun

Shut your hole, the Robot Damashii Leo is only 1800 yen, that's not sparse - it's a bargain.

MJP fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Dec 15, 2014

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Robot Damashii God Gundam can sit on HG Fuun Saiki. This was probably obvious.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Well yes, it's 1/144 scale.

Also I was seriously tempted to grab RD DX and Virsago C but my scale OCD prevailed. Thank god.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

This might be a dumb question, but can I use Gundam markers to do panel lining after I've used Testors Dullcote? I know doing it the other way around will make the markers run, and other sprays cost three or four times as much as Testors.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
My markers rub off unless they are in direct contact with bare plastic. Maybe there's a step I'm missing.

Are gaianotes lacquers better/worse/the same as mr. color?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Gaia Color is about the same. I know they're pretty big in... was it the Phillipines? Taiwan? Some place where you can't import Mr Color.

A friend of mine swears by their Star Bright Gold for what it's worth.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?

Ka0 posted:

Is it kosher to thin Gundam Color paints using Mr Thinner. I think it is because they seem to be of the same brand, Creos.

Yeah, usually. I think there are some weird outliers but I believe most of their products are compatible.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN985826/Sci if you're interested in lbx you should buy this it is a good deal

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

TaurusOxford posted:

Man the nightingale must not be selling well.

which is good because that design is crap.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Monaghan posted:

It strikes me as the kind of Mobile Suit only a mother could love.

I was at Gundam Planet a couple days after Thanksgiving. They cut the price massively and had what looked like 10-15 on the shelves.

Here's hoping it doesn't torpedo production runs for future RE line models. It may be our only hope of a Tequila Gundam kit. :-(

Side note: has anyone here ever built the MG Musha Gundam Sengoku no Jin? I'm toying with picking one up and was curious about topcoating strategies. If you topcoat that sucker when complete it probably takes away from the gold trim's flashiness, so I was curious what others had done.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Monaghan posted:

MJP posted:

It strikes me as the kind of Mobile Suit only a mother could love.

Look at all these wrong opinions. :colbert: It's the perfect blend of ridiculous design and bulk.. I hope the RE line becomes the go-to for the huge suits, I want to see a 1/100 Woundwort before I die.

And speaking of ridiculous suits, my 1/100 Xi just shipped out, and I finally wrangled up enough cash to preorder that 1/100 Deep Striker. This is gonna be an awesome christmas :getin:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Monaghan posted:

It also doesn't help that the thing is loving vast.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Look at all these wrong opinions. :colbert:

Until there's a 1/100 Qubeley Papillon or any form of Tequila Gundam, there will be no peace from the likes of me

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

MJP posted:

Side note: has anyone here ever built the MG Musha Gundam Sengoku no Jin? I'm toying with picking one up and was curious about topcoating strategies. If you topcoat that sucker when complete it probably takes away from the gold trim's flashiness, so I was curious what others had done.

I'm pretty sure you can assemble most of the kit without attaching any of the gold pieces, so just topcoat it that way and add the gold after.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Monaghan posted:

Never underestimate the appeal of the dongthruster.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Midjack posted:

Never underestimate the appeal of the dongthruster.

It's for that reason why I still have issues bringing my Zone of the Enders Revoltechs into the office.

Even Nephtis has a freakin' dong.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
How's the 1/100 nemo? Good kit, or would I be better off just getting another GM79 to replace the one I busted the shoulder on?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Anonymous Robot posted:

How's the 1/100 nemo? Good kit, or would I be better off just getting another GM79 to replace the one I busted the shoulder on?

It's fine. It doesn't have any glaring flaws, but it doesn't really do anything special either. It's a very standard MG.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

So if you thought the PG Unicorn wasn't enough to scare your wallet, the thing is undergated. Bring on the PG Phenex!

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Booourns posted:

So if you thought the PG Unicorn wasn't enough to scare your wallet, the thing is undergated. Bring on the PG Phenex!

That really doesn't mean a whole lot. The MG Astray frame is also undergated but we still don't have a Gold Frame or any of its variants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Psyco XLR project Day, uh... I forget?

I still have to do the shoulders, back, and etc. but it's really starting to come together now.