Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother

Met posted:

Why does not being strategic make someone a terrible winner? I want the entertaining likable people to win a million dollars.

I agree, but they're just talking in terms of strategic masterminds being the best winners.

For me Keith would be one of the better winners. Cochran and Tyson were two of the worst winners ever imo, regardless of how great they might have played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Keith would pretty much be a less endearing Fabio, the Survivor jury equivalent of mucking your ballot in protest. As it stands none of the idiots remaining deserve to win, but I'll take the comedy option of Keith over the rest given the choice.

The only exciting thing about the finale tonight is this abortion of a season is finally over. Hopefully next season bounces back.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Robnoxious posted:

Out of this mix of 5, who do you see as entertaining and likable?

Never thought I'd say it after their TAR seasons, but I like and have been entertained by Natalie on this season.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

BGrifter posted:

Keith would pretty much be a less endearing Fabio, the Survivor jury equivalent of mucking your ballot in protest. As it stands none of the idiots remaining deserve to win, but I'll take the comedy option of Keith over the rest given the choice.

The only exciting thing about the finale tonight is this abortion of a season is finally over. Hopefully next season bounces back.
Isn't the finale on Wednesday? I think they scrapped the Sunday finale tradition.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

Fast Luck posted:

Isn't the finale on Wednesday? I think they scrapped the Sunday finale tradition.

Yeah, CBS' website is showing that its on Wednesday.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Fast Luck posted:

Either that, or they knew what a dud this was going to be and chose to keep the prime Sunday real estate for something that would rake in actual advertising dollars.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't need a winner to be a strategic mastermind. I'm actually a big supporter of someone winning because they were a comp beast or because they played the best social game. Those are all legitimate ways to play and I'll be the first person to shoot down the idea that strategy is the only worthwhile tool or way to play.

Keith just hasn't really excelled in anything though. Yes, he's done well in comps but not in a way that has actually affected the game. Yes, he's reasonably well liked but not in some way that indicates a strong social game or not against a group that hate each other. He's just the goofy idiot who is still around because someone thought they could use him and no one is really scared of him. He doesn't have to be a strategic mastermind or comp beast or social master but he's never done anything that really changed the game or even just saved his own rear end at a crucial time.

Well, actually he has but instead of it being a key positive move its been Keith bungling something so badly that it changed the game.

I don't care if the winner isn't a mastermind. But I would like to be able to say they did SOMETHING well even if it's just Natalie White managing to ride Russell's coat tails because she realizes his one fatal mistake is jury votes so she cleans up after him.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder if Keith is playing a better social game than is being shown. I mean sure, it's probably not amazing, but I doubt it's terrible either. We had Baylor saying something like, 'You know what, Keith is kind of cool' during the spa reward last week. He seems to be a pretty hard worker around camp and I'm sure as a firefighter he has some cool stories to share. The only person he seemed to have an issue with was Missy, but even that was only a one week thing and then never mentioned again. Otherwise he has gotten along with all the fairly diverse personalities.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

A couple of weeks ago when Jaclyn was upset that the guys ignored her didn't Keith tell Jeff he'd never actually had a conversation with Jax the entire time? I just have a hard time thinking the guy's playing a strong social game when something like that happened. Even the thing this week where Baylor says he's a cool guy. That's on Day 30something. If you haven't showed someone your good side for that long then you're doing something wrong socially, IMO. This was probably just the first time Baylor's spent any real time with Keith where he wasn't telling her to do some work.

Keith seems like a nice and funny guy. And when he's relaxing and having a good time at a reward then Baylor sees a very cool side of him. But he doesn't actually seem to have made any kind of proactive effort to befriend people for the game. If anything I've gotten the impression that he really didn't socialize with Jaclyn, Baylor, and maybe Natalie most of the game because he just didn't feel like he had much in common with them.

Its been said before that Keith doesn't understand this game and I think that goes right along with the social aspect. He's a good guy so no one dislikes him, but the idea that there are people he's lived with for weeks who he doesn't have any real relationship with is kind of mind blowing to me.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Is the finale on tonight or something? I thought it was on during their normal airtime now?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Is the finale on tonight or something? I thought it was on during their normal airtime now?

The answer is six posts up. (It's on Wednesday)

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

TMMadman posted:

I wonder if Keith is playing a better social game than is being shown. I mean sure, it's probably not amazing, but I doubt it's terrible either. We had Baylor saying something like, 'You know what, Keith is kind of cool' during the spa reward last week. He seems to be a pretty hard worker around camp and I'm sure as a firefighter he has some cool stories to share. The only person he seemed to have an issue with was Missy, but even that was only a one week thing and then never mentioned again. Otherwise he has gotten along with all the fairly diverse personalities.

I think he's better than he's been given credit in the thread, but one could probably draw parallels between his game and, say, Rupert's: gruff, hardworking, poor social game. What he lacks in Rupert's sense of entitlement, he makes up for with his lack of filter. I don't recall Rupert's track record with challenges (pretty poor, I believe), but Keith has had a solid performance so far. He could emerge as a real dark horse should Natalie not make FTC.

Jaclyn's only saving grace is that Missy and Baylor are the only pair remaining; but she'll certainly crumble now that Jon's gone and the rest of the tribe no longer feels compelled to appease her. Missy has no chance of winning this thing, and her leaving the game would be perhaps the greatest boost she could give to Baylor's chances. That said, it would be interesting to see how FTC would play out if by some miracle they both made it there.

I don't know how much of a threat the rest of the tribe views Natalie with the J&J show keeping a lot of the heat off her. If she can just hide behind some of those bigger personalities a little while longer, then she'll have this thing.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

A couple of weeks ago when Jaclyn was upset that the guys ignored her didn't Keith tell Jeff he'd never actually had a conversation with Jax the entire time? I just have a hard time thinking the guy's playing a strong social game when something like that happened. Even the thing this week where Baylor says he's a cool guy. That's on Day 30something. If you haven't showed someone your good side for that long then you're doing something wrong socially, IMO. This was probably just the first time Baylor's spent any real time with Keith where he wasn't telling her to do some work.

Keith seems like a nice and funny guy. And when he's relaxing and having a good time at a reward then Baylor sees a very cool side of him. But he doesn't actually seem to have made any kind of proactive effort to befriend people for the game. If anything I've gotten the impression that he really didn't socialize with Jaclyn, Baylor, and maybe Natalie most of the game because he just didn't feel like he had much in common with them.

Its been said before that Keith doesn't understand this game and I think that goes right along with the social aspect. He's a good guy so no one dislikes him, but the idea that there are people he's lived with for weeks who he doesn't have any real relationship with is kind of mind blowing to me.

All this is made so much more confusing by the edit (both for Keith specific and for the entire season). We've been simultaneously told Keith is a big threat to win because of his immunity wins and his personal backstory, yet at the same time we're told that he's antisocial and completely inept at the game. One of these stories is probably more manufactured than the other, and it's not entirely clear which (but it's probably the first one).

The other problem is a big problem with this season in general-- we're being told about personal relationships rather than seeing them. I think that because it's a Blood vs. Water season, the editors spent so much time showing us the loved one relationships that the other social aspects are being left on the cutting room floor. We've been TOLD in confessionals about how tight Josh and Baylor were, and how close Natalie was with Jeremy, but it feels like we never saw these relationships in action. So with someone like Keith, even though we barely see him talking to anyone besides Wes, it's hard to know if that means anything since we also barely saw the other non-loved one relationships that we know existed.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Well, like I said, I'm basically forming my opinion based on Keith's own words. He seemed to straight up admit to Jeff that he wasn't socializing with the women because he didn't feel he had anything in common with them. And the comments from women like Jaclyn, Baylor, and Natalie seemed to support the idea that they really don't talk except when he's telling them to work. The lone exception seemed to be Missy who Keith seemed to bond a bit with early on over the parent thing.

I think the idea that he's a jury threat is partly because there's so many men in the jury and Keith seemed to be very well liked in the "boy's club". Of course I don't think he's really got some huge contingent of votes in the jury. Wes and maybe Alec, but Josh, Reed, and Jeremy don't seem likely to just vote with him because he's a cool guy. I have no idea about Jon. But I can see why the women would be worried about that considering they've talked about the gender divide in the tribe multiple times. It makes sense for the women to want to make sure its an all women Final 3 so they don't have to worry about that.

The other part of "Keith is a jury threat" is probably that Missy, Baylor, Jon, and Jaclyn played such dirty games so they were probably scared about a bitter jury turning to a well liked guy like Keith.

And for what its worth I always thought the Jeremy/Natalie relationship shone through pretty well. Their tribe didn't get a lot of tv time early since they were winning every week but once Val and Nadiya went I really saw Jeremy and Natalie bond and almost always work together and have a very natural chemistry.

Ghostpilot posted:

Jaclyn's only saving grace is that Missy and Baylor are the only pair remaining; but she'll certainly crumble now that Jon's gone and the rest of the tribe no longer feels compelled to appease her. Missy has no chance of winning this thing, and her leaving the game would be perhaps the greatest boost she could give to Baylor's chances. That said, it would be interesting to see how FTC would play out if by some miracle they both made it there.
I think Jaclyn consistently showed herself to have pretty good intuition and a much better feel for the island dynamics than Jon. Everytime the two of them clashed she seemed to have the better read on things, she just never really put her foot down on it except for when she was really put off by the guys (and Natalie kind of instigated that). She just lacked the will to play this game and yeah, I don't expect much from her now that Jon is gone. Then again the field is weak so she could go on an immunity run. If she does that and gets to the end with someone other than Natalie I could maybe see her squeaking out a very divided and apathetic jury win.

I think Missy could maybe win a similar vote. I think as a viewer I'd give more credit to Baylor than Missy at this stage but I think the jury would go the other way on that because they don't see the private stuff. And Missy's made a lot of moves and played a proactive game much of the way. And she's lucky that the jury most likely won't know she was willing to throw her game away for Jon. I think Jeremy, Natalie, Josh, and Reed will all vote strategically and considering the relationship she apparently has with Jon I could see her beating out Baylor, Keith, or Jaclyn (obviously she wouldn't be getting Jon's vote there) in a divided vote.

I HOPE that if Natalie makes the F3 she's a lock. But if someone is smart enough to take her out I really think its just four bad options that could go any way.

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.

Ghostpilot posted:

I think he's better than he's been given credit in the thread, but one could probably draw parallels between his game and, say, Rupert's: gruff, hardworking, poor social game. What he lacks in Rupert's sense of entitlement, he makes up for with his lack of filter. I don't recall Rupert's track record with challenges (pretty poor, I believe), but Keith has had a solid performance so far. He could emerge as a real dark horse should Natalie not make FTC.

You conveniently ignore the part of Keith's pedigree that will keep him from winning: his poor understanding of the game. None of Reed, Josh nor Jeremy is very likely to vote for him. He screwed up Reed's excellent plan that would have put himself in a really strong position, managing to lose his son and idol in the process. He lost all good faith with Jeremy pre-merge. I think Jon respected the move against him, so expect him to vote a former ally not Keith. Keith has actually had a very bad performance and just because he's an enjoyable dude doesn't mean his huge negative plays in the game should be ignored. A win scenario for him is maybe with Missy and Jac, but I also think that's one of the scenarios where Missy could win, because Keith's that bad.

quote:

I disagree, again. Baylor and Missy are strongest against Jaclyn. That's what they should be looking for, if possible. It adds another good vote to their claim if they turn on Natalie, who we all seem to agree is a sure win at this point. Baylor and Missy may have shots going as individuals against Keith and Jaclyn, but in this case the benefit of having a loved one on the jury is mitigated by the others all having a loved one. Wes and Jon will vote their respective loved ones, almost no doubt about that. Alec worked with Keith a great deal of the game. The rest of the jury would be hard to read, but Natalie screams bitter jury voter to me.

I think the Baylor/Missy and Jon/Jaclyn games reflect the two different possibilities for what to do as a couple endgame. I've argued that Baylor and Missy's best chances are as a couple, while Jon and Jaclyn (in a scenario where they both got this far) would be better jury-ing Jaclyn. There's no clear 'better' choice as a couple, because your relative position to the remaining field (and the jury) are important elements when you do have to make the decision. It would be interesting to see someone make the argument at jury, that they had sacrificed a love on not simply to go further, but to game the vote, and to see if it would be respected as a valid move.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I agree people are kind of overhyping Keith's jury appeal. I don't think he was actually buddies with anyone in the game except Wes and probably Alec. Reed? Josh? Jon? Jaclyn? Jeremy? Do any of those people actually like Keith? Not to mention Missy and Baylor.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Natalie doesn't really strike me as a bitter juror. I know she swore vengeance for Jeremy and lashed out against Rocker after Nadiya went but both moves made strategic sense. And she had no problem working with the people who backstabbed her until the time came to strike against Jon. She even saved him that one time.

Push comes to shove I think she'd vote strategic.

Then again if she's in the jury than there's no obvious strategic vote to make.

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.

STAC Goat posted:

Natalie doesn't really strike me as a bitter juror. I know she swore vengeance for Jeremy and lashed out against Rocker after Nadiya went but both moves made strategic sense. And she had no problem working with the people who backstabbed her until the time came to strike against Jon. She even saved him that one time.

Push comes to shove I think she'd vote strategic.

Then again if she's in the jury than there's no obvious strategic vote to make.

Well, Baylor, who will had to have put her there. Baylor's game is pretty good (for this season), considering what she had to survive early game, She only flew under the radar once she went with her mom's group. And then got out of it at just about the right time. A ton of the credit will go to other people, but if she and her mom do flip on Natalie (if even given a chance) it might put her over the top.

And that's where Natalie could be 'bitter' by voting Keith/Jac over Baylor/Missy. I like Natalie just fine, but she's not perfect and it's hard to tell how personally she'd take a move against her at this point. At could also be a non-factor, obviously.

Fast Luck posted:

I agree people are kind of overhyping Keith's jury appeal. I don't think he was actually buddies with anyone in the game except Wes and probably Alec. Reed? Josh? Jon? Jaclyn? Jeremy? Do any of those people actually like Keith? Not to mention Missy and Baylor.

I think Josh and Jeremy (at least very early on) both liked Keith as a person, maybe Reed as well. But those are all dudes likely to vote on game play which is not going to help him.

Milovan Drecun fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Dec 15, 2014

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Milovan Drecun posted:

I think Josh and Jeremy (at least very early on) both liked Keith as a person, maybe Reed as well. But those are all dudes like to vote on game play which is not going to help him.

At Ponderosa Jeremy was talking up people actually playing the game and making moves a whole lot. I do not think he'd go Keith at all.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Based on the Ponderosa videos, I can't see Jeremy voting anyway but bitterly. Jeremy has zero respect for anyone in the game outside of Natalie. If Jeremy was so flippin brilliant and a master strategist how come he's on the outside looking in?

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Milovan Drecun posted:

I think Josh and Jeremy (at least very early on) both liked Keith as a person, maybe Reed as well. But those are all dudes likely to vote on game play which is not going to help him.

On his RHAP interview Reed seemed to like Keith and had a sense of humor about "stick to the plan", so you're most likely right about his jury career.

I think Jaclyn is the best goat left in the game. The jury's probably not going to give her much credit strategy wise and she also has plenty to be targeted for by a bitter jury.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Milovan Drecun posted:

I think Jeremy got pretty pissed at Keith after the idol thing though. I think Keith burned that bridge.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Robnoxious posted:

Based on the Ponderosa videos, I can't see Jeremy voting anyway but bitterly. Jeremy has zero respect for anyone in the game outside of Natalie. If Jeremy was so flippin brilliant and a master strategist how come he's on the outside looking in?

Jeremy's not wrong. Everyone playing (besides Natalie) are idiots. We've been saying exactly that. It might be obnoxious for Jeremy to say it but he's not wrong. You can't really be making the argument that Keith is a smarter player because he lasted longer. That's not how the game works.

RHAP mentioned that on their last recap, I think, basically in this exact way. One of them mocked Jeremy for his ego and outbursts but then they pointed out that Jeremy was right. These people ARE playing like idiots.

Note, I haven't watched the Ponderosa videos so I have no idea if Jeremy's been extra bitter or something. But it doesn't shock me to hear he's ripping everyone's games. So are we.

Milovan Drecun posted:

Well, Baylor, who will had to have put her there. Baylor's game is pretty good (for this season), considering what she had to survive early game, She only flew under the radar once she went with her mom's group. And then got out of it at just about the right time. A ton of the credit will go to other people, but if she and her mom do flip on Natalie (if even given a chance) it might put her over the top.

And that's where Natalie could be 'bitter' by voting Keith/Jac over Baylor/Missy. I like Natalie just fine, but she's not perfect and it's hard to tell how personally she'd take a move against her at this point. At could also be a non-factor, obviously.

Yeah, I agree. If Baylor knocks off Natalie than that along with her role in getting Jon out makes her my favorite. I don't think it will because I think Missy will get a lot of the credit for Baylor's game and no one seems to really respect Baylor, but Natalie is the closest one who should realize Baylor's role over Missy. But whether she would or just be angry at Baylor I don't know.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Dec 15, 2014

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.

Fast Luck posted:

I think Jeremy got pretty pissed at Keith after the idol thing though. I think Keith burned that bridge.

Yea, that's what I meant about early on, when they were on exile together. Keith was likable but game play decisions (like outing Jeremy for an idol he didn't have) were mistakes that will be used as reasons not to vote for him.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I like Keith quite a bit but you can't be that unintentionally harmful to your own allies in key situations and likely win. If he revealed he was a mastermind or something maybe I'd vote for him then.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Fast Luck posted:

If he goes to the end without Natalie he wins imo

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Commercial spoiler They announced there will be one blindside in the finale, which has to be Natalie at f4, as Keith and Jaclyn both would expect to get voted out. I think Baylor/Missy/Natalie are more scared of Keith as a "challenge beast" so he probably goes f5, which means your winner of Survivor San Juan del Sur is Jaclyn "I'm on permanent birth control" Schultz.

As for the questsion if she deserves to win? Well, I think Ken Raskoff said it best in his recent RHAP interview (he worked in casting for the longest time) that the game always produces the right winner for the season.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

TMMadman posted:

I am 100% certain that Keith doesn't have a great social game because Keith doesn't have a game. He's just out there on an island hanging out, doing some contests occasionally, and doing whatever he's told. Keith is the realest survivor because he isn't playing Survivor.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

GaussianCopula posted:

Commercial spoiler They announced there will be one blindside in the finale, which has to be Natalie at f4, as Keith and Jaclyn both would expect to get voted out. I think Baylor/Missy/Natalie are more scared of Keith as a "challenge beast" so he probably goes f5, which means your winner of Survivor San Juan del Sur is Jaclyn "I'm on permanent birth control" Schultz.

As for the questsion if she deserves to win? Well, I think Ken Raskoff said it best in his recent RHAP interview (he worked in casting for the longest time) that the game always produces the right winner for the season.

Oh God, I think you're right about that preview meaning that Natalie is out at F4. That really gives me a strong feeling that Keith is actually going to win this thing

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I hope there's a final two and Missy wins immunity and chooses a man over her daughter again and Keith wins

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

sportsgenius86 posted:

I hope there's a final two and Missy wins immunity and chooses a man over her daughter again and Keith wins
LOL... this really isn't out of the realm of possibility as silly as it sounds.
Muffin is a co-dependant trainwreck.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother

GaussianCopula posted:

Pretty sure CBS plays fast and loose with the term #Blindside

To Vex a Stranger
Mar 15, 2004
Rawr!
#blindside

Mercaptopropyl posted:

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

The shock of the season for me is the fact that the Ponderosa videos have been better and more interesting than all of the actual episodes.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Rick posted:

I like Keith quite a bit but you can't be that unintentionally harmful to your own allies in key situations and likely win. If he revealed he was a mastermind or something maybe I'd vote for him then.

How hilarious was it last episode where Natalie was coaching him on not screwing up tribal, then he was trying so hard to not screw up that he just blurted his lines out to Jeff without even being asked a question :lol:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Mercaptopropyl posted:

At this point it just means "someone voted out".

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

How hilarious was it last episode where Natalie was coaching him on not screwing up tribal, then he was trying so hard to not screw up that he just blurted his lines out to Jeff without even being asked a question :lol:
And the ever omnipresent pulse on the game J&J still didn't catch on with that flub.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I can not believe people are praising baylors game in this thread. Or anyone's game. It is ok to have no good winner, which is our only option now.

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.

Bigass Moth posted:

I can not believe people are praising baylors game in this thread. Or anyone's game. It is ok to have no good winner, which is our only option now.

This is great because you don't really make any argument, just bgrifter-esque angst. A few people have liked this season but almost everyone seems to recognize the bad level of play. I add things like 'relative to the field' to indicate this, but you can probably work on the assumption that people are discussing things just from the perspective of this season. Even among a bunch of bad games, there are tiers and separation among the players.

Milovan Drecun fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Dec 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Yeah, by this season's standards, if you take out Natalie, Baylor has probably the strongest game.

That said, that's very much a "in the land of blind men..." situation.

• Locked thread