Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
I got the second one though (first match was me getting my poo poo rocked for 3 stocks). I'll upload it later when I get back home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Dieting Hippo posted:

DoctorWhat i friended you, lemme know when you are good to fight. i also want to record it, you cool if we do a test match first?

as an aside, i recorded the fights i had against Thanks Internet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q7YRZVPEe0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va0_YTmnFis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1IKUy_yZN4

Okay dude I can Smash you whenever tonight or tomorrow.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
Here is a video of my match against EvilEagle.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
i lost 0-2 to DoctorWhat, knocking me out. i'll have the videos up later

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I beat Hippo 2-0;`vids should be up soon from him. Move me on up in the bracket, good goons!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Looks like after Moriatti vs DoctorWhat, I'll be up. Unfortunately I'm in Hawaii right now, until the 18th, so no WiiU. I do have my 3ds with me, so either if whoever is up against me is cool with playing on 3ds instead we could do that, or I'll just bow out.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I have a similar situation. I'll be heading home for Christmas on the 17th, and I don't think they have a stable internet connection beyond a dongle thing they got from their cell phone company.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Go to Starbucks and play off the gamepad.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
I'll leave it up to the people still in the tournament.

On one hand, we're still waiting on several matches, so a delay for people going home for the holidays might not be a big deal.

On the other hand this tournament has been going on for two weeks already, and I'm sure some people are hoping it will wrap up before Christmas at least.

What do people think?

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Hey Zeuhl, now that I can post again I'd prefer if you were to mention here when will you make the room.

Rhycool
Jul 15, 2012

Deviant posted:

Rhycool I can do tonight. Catch me in irc plz.

Here and ready. Message me here, or on #goonsmash.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
got those fights uploaded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1gEyFrpeh0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1WPunzcAak

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Rhycool posted:

Here and ready. Message me here, or on #goonsmash.

I got sidetracked with real life stuff. Tomorrow?

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Here's Me Vs Sharrrk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8a02ZDDamw

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

oh yeah sure show the one match you won i see how it is.

i'm kidding, that poo poo got really hard for me as it went on. like i'm not gonna lie, i kinda thought you were free after our first match, but then you figured out how good mario's fireballs were against me during that second match and god that ruined me. i really wanted to win that second match because i knew after that the third one was only going to be even harder. i'm so lucky you hosed up your up b on our last match because otherwise you probably would have won, that was an uphill battle for sure.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Ok, Doctor What, theoretically I should be available around 10/11 pm tonight, but we'll see how that plays in practice.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

sharrrk posted:

oh yeah sure show the one match you won i see how it is.

i'm kidding, that poo poo got really hard for me as it went on. like i'm not gonna lie, i kinda thought you were free after our first match, but then you figured out how good mario's fireballs were against me during that second match and god that ruined me. i really wanted to win that second match because i knew after that the third one was only going to be even harder. i'm so lucky you hosed up your up b on our last match because otherwise you probably would have won, that was an uphill battle for sure.

Yeah, not trying to john but I wish I had done more warmups, I was way too rusty going into that first one, and got wrecked. Ah hindsight.

The second and third matches were close as hell too. If you ever want to practice let me know.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Moriatti posted:

Ok, Doctor What, theoretically I should be available around 10/11 pm tonight, but we'll see how that plays in practice.

10 is a little late for me, 11 moreso, but I'll try to make it work out.

Undersea Magic
Dec 16, 2006

Guy Freeman posted:

Hmm... I could Smash between 4 and 8 PM on Sunday. Would that work for you?

yeah, thats fine. hit me up on irc or something

Guy Freeman
Aug 31, 2006

Undersea Magic posted:

yeah, thats fine. hit me up on irc or something

I have absolutely no idea how to use IRC. I'mma just going to be posting and checking this thread like a hawk once I get off work.

Zeuhl
Dec 15, 2009

hand is free

qnqnx posted:

Hey Zeuhl, now that I can post again I'd prefer if you were to mention here when will you make the room.

I can do it anytime today I'll just put the room up in a sec, I'll leave it open all day-ish

Edit: Don't forget to turn on custom moves! I won't be using them for round 1 anyway so do it next match?

Edit the 2nd:

Zeuhl has defeated qnqnx

-Shulk 1 - 0 R.O.B
Toon Link 1 - 0 Bowser Jr

Zeuhl fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Dec 14, 2014

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

The tournament doesn't have to deal with my laggy rear end anymore, Zeuhl wins 2-0

Sorry about the lack of custom moves.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Guy Freeman posted:

I have absolutely no idea how to use IRC. I'mma just going to be posting and checking this thread like a hawk once I get off work.

Let me know when you guys are done

Zeuhl
Dec 15, 2009

hand is free

qnqnx posted:

The tournament doesn't have to deal with my laggy rear end anymore, Zeuhl wins 2-0

Sorry about the lack of custom moves.

no big deal, and GGs. The lag wasn't the worst I've seen by a lot and it only got visual lag during our recovery time on my end

also i suck at custom moves so its alright

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Zeuhl posted:

no big deal, and GGs. The lag wasn't the worst I've seen by a lot and it only got visual lag during our recovery time on my end

also i suck at custom moves so its alright

I keep having problems of the "can't do poo poo if I don't keep my distance" kind, being unable to practice against human opponents doesn't really help with that.
Hopefully I will have fixed that for the next tourney. That and my Internet problems.

Guy Freeman
Aug 31, 2006
A'ight, Undersea Magic, it's time to SMASH!

When you're ready, make a room and then make a post in here. I'm gonna be checking this thread on my phone every ten minutes, so I'll be on in short order. Good luck.

Undersea Magic
Dec 16, 2006

Guy Freeman posted:

A'ight, Undersea Magic, it's time to SMASH!

When you're ready, make a room and then make a post in here. I'm gonna be checking this thread on my phone every ten minutes, so I'll be on in short order. Good luck.

i can play around 5, i'm in the middle of some ffxiv stuff right now

Guy Freeman
Aug 31, 2006

Undersea Magic posted:

i can play around 5, i'm in the middle of some ffxiv stuff right now

Cool. Primed for liftoff.

DapperDuck
Apr 3, 2008

Fashionable people,
you're out of luck.
The most dapper one here,
is Dapper the Duck.
locust fart hell, are you around tonight

Undersea Magic
Dec 16, 2006

i'm free now, i'll make a room

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DapperDuck posted:

locust fart hell, are you around tonight

i am around yes

Guy Freeman
Aug 31, 2006

Undersea Magic posted:

i'm free now, i'll make a room

On now.

Guy Freeman
Aug 31, 2006
Well fought, Undersea Magic! I haven't had the pleasure facing a Peach player as good as you. Those short hops into dair seem like a really crafty move. I'm gonna have to try that out myself soon.

Guy Freeman 2 - Undersea Magic 0

Guy Freeman
Aug 31, 2006

Aston posted:

Let me know when you guys are done

I take it you are my next opponent? Which you be able to smash in the next hour or so?

NNID: hyumon

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I will smash you now

e: does really need to be now though, I gotta get some sleep!

Aston fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Dec 15, 2014

Guy Freeman
Aug 31, 2006

Aston posted:

I will smash you now

e: does really need to be now though, I gotta get some sleep!

Sorry, was cooking. Heading online now.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

GGs, I take it 2-1 in a set riddled with SDs on both sides.

Sorry, normally I would stick around for some friendlies but it's already past my bedtime, perhaps another time?!

DapperDuck
Apr 3, 2008

Fashionable people,
you're out of luck.
is Dapper the Duck.

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

i am around yes

sorry, got busy doing other stuff, I'll hop online and we can do our poo poo

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Who is my next opponent. is it sofia. sofia, face me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DapperDuck
Apr 3, 2008

Fashionable people,
you're out of luck.
is Dapper the Duck.
da duck takes it, 2-1

Gunner v Toon Link 0-1
Brawler v Iggy 1-1
Brawler v Iggy 2-1