Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilbastard
Mar 6, 2003

Hair Elf

Gridlocked posted:

Chiwie posted:

Has anyone here been to burger bro?
I feel really bad for wanting to go now because of that sign.

Their facebook page is getting a lot of traffic.

quote:

Burger Bro? Sydney
35 mins ·
We are all safe. Our prayers and thoughts are with all those inside lindt cafe.

I've added it to my list, after Burger Project. Mary's opened in the CBD last month but I found them overpriced and too greasy (Their double cheeseburger ends up being $13, and for that I'd get an Almighty from Grill'd.

Not sure how I missed it, seeing how I normally head home from that station [shrug] Urban solitude I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyramid Scheme
May 21, 2007

Arkane posted:

Are there any Australian news stations that stream during times like this?

I'm seeing different reports of 13 hostages and upwards of 40 hostages.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/abcnews24/

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Arkane posted:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/abcnews24/

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Arkane posted:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/abcnews24/ is geolocation unlocked right now, so I can access from USA. They usually remove the restrictions during big events.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

chaos rhames posted:

Can't wait for american opinions on this

I'm really anxious and scared for the hostages, and while I'm not a fan of the current government I'm a bit annoyed by my friends who are saying it's good for Tony Abbott, or implying it's a false flag.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Hello Arkane.

:siren: CHOCULA SIGHTING :siren:

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
On Thompson:

quote:

He said when Thomson withdrew cash from his credit cards the cash was the property of the bank, not the union, so there was no basis to the theft allegations against him.

This is pretty hilarious. Because he withdrew cash from a credit account, it was actually a cash advance and hence he was borrowing from the bank, not stealing from the union. The theft would've occurred at the point the cards were paid off, which was probably not done by him.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Pyramid Scheme posted:

Best outcome I'm hoping for:
- No injuries or deaths at all
- The hostage taker(s) come out of this looking like big nongs

They do it without torture, without going down to the same level as the horrible people doing this. It's a ticking time bomb scenario that Dick Cheney uses as an example this morning on AM.

The Opera House is reported to beopen again.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

quote:

I've added it to my list, after Burger Project. Mary's opened in the CBD last month but I found them overpriced and too greasy (Their double cheeseburger ends up being $13, and for that I'd get an Almighty from Grill'd.

Not sure how I missed it, seeing how I normally head home from that station [shrug] Urban solitude I guess.

If you are down in Melbourne the Tree of us (Richmond) and Stokers (South Melbourne) are impressive

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Arkane posted:

It's directly across from channel 7 news station. I have no idea but I assume they're streaming. If you want dryer and less sensationalist coverage ABC news will stream from its website.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Are we that bored that a holdup was worth 270 posts? No wonder we have LNP governments in this country.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

quote:

Their facebook page is getting a lot of traffic.

Try Chur Burger in Surry Hills or Manly.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Consider that 140 posts of that are people pooping on Splode and it makes a lot more sense.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

ewe2 posted:

Are we that bored that a holdup was worth 270 posts? No wonder we have LNP governments in this country.

This story is as big as the Tampa for politics in this country.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Arkane posted:

ABC News 24

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

I tried talking about East-West but no one cared

Burger chat is where its at

superkinetic
Jul 22, 2007

WHEN?
A mate of mine was near the guy who got arrested just now, and apparently from the shouting that was going on, got the impression he was claiming to be some "ex military" guy with a gun who wanted to go in and "rescue the hostages". From the picture he uploaded, looks like the guy was (at least partially) dressed in a police style blue boilersuit thingy.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Just holding my breath waiting for Abbotts speech to see how he intends to handle this.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

ewe2 posted:

As an unemployed person thanks to lovely worker's rights protection and job market: Yes.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

superkinetic posted:

A mate of mine was near the guy who got arrested just now, and apparently from the shouting that was going on, got the impression he was claiming to be some "ex military" guy with a gun who wanted to go in and "rescue the hostages". From the picture he uploaded, looks like the guy was (at least partially) dressed in a police style blue boilersuit thingy.

Oh great MORE crazy people is what the situation needs at the moment.

Edit:

katlington posted:

Just holding my breath waiting for Abbotts speech to see how he intends to handle this.

The same as everyone else: Make some comments on what he knows, mention how his prayers and thoughts are with the hostages and their families, offer full support to NSW police and then let them handle it before he commits to anything serious.

He maybe unpopular but he isn't anywhere near as stupid as people say he is.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Dec 15, 2014

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

superkinetic posted:

ADL member spotted.

Incidentally, my ownage old courier dude just came around to drop off some xmas presents I'd ordered and he said he'd already had a few people make racist comments.

Dude's indian :geno:

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

My friends seem more worried about Tony Abbott's popularity than the hostages, and it's a bit weird.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

superkinetic posted:

it was actually that 'martial arts leg' guy from season 1 of Go Back To Where You Came From

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Murodese posted:

ADL member spotted.

Incidentally, my ownage old courier dude just came around to drop off some xmas presents I'd ordered and he said he'd already had a few people make racist comments.

According to my indian housemates this is a normal monday

EDIT: TONES!

Neif
Jul 26, 2012

Murodese posted:

ADL member spotted.

'Straya mate :australia: :eng99:

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

"Australia is a peaceful, open and generous society" he says...

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Abbott presser is on.

Keynotes:
- I don't really have anything to say
- Police are responding (no poo poo)
- Militarised police are a good thing (he actually said this)
- "National security hotline - ring if you see anything"
- NSC has been briefed (highly competent that they are) and Tony is talking to Baird
- I still don't have anything to say
- MYEFO is on!

Incidentally, MYEFO is on because they cannot think of anything that could give them better cover than this. "Abbott blows budget by 40b" WHY WONT YOU THINK OF THE LINDT HOSTAGES

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Comstar posted:

This story is as big as the Tampa for politics in this country.

Sanguine posted:

As an unemployed person thanks to lovely worker's rights protection and job market: Yes.

It's had the desired effect, MYEFO is postponed indefinitely. I guess the bad men got away with it. Wait, Abbott is contradicting Hockey already?!

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
We're so peaceful says OneTermTony. We Have jets bombing targets and so generous to refugees we send them to camps.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

ewe2 posted:

It's had the desired effect, MYEFO is postponed indefinitely. I guess the bad men got away with it.

no its not

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Tony just did a Brandis and sprinted offstage

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
He just walked off!

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Didn't call it a terrorist attack and didn't mention Islam, to his credit

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Eh, that was disappointingly reasonable.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
I don't know if the stream works from overseas but http://www.abc.net.au/news/abcnews24/ should be streaming

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

they're going ahead with myefo anyway. jesus christ

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
I heard MYEFO was postponed indefinitely earlier today.

That said, I don't know poo poo about it and would just wait for someone's enormous effortpost that explains it a few days after the fact.

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

Reminder from the people in the chocolate shoppe, "There is no God but Allah and Muhammad is his Prophet."

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

suchanderp posted:

I don't know if the stream works from overseas but http://www.abc.net.au/news/abcnews24/ should be streaming

Scroll up, I said it does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

He even said appreciate right.

• Locked thread