Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Lyn has the Mani Katti, not the Rapier. That thing is crazy good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Ok why on earth is Forging Wind and Light Tomes so stupid expensive in PoR

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Dr Pepper posted:

Ok why on earth is Forging Wind and Light Tomes so stupid expensive in PoR

The game is trying to tell you not to use either of those things. Thunder is better than wind most of the time and Light is only useable on a character that should be staffbotting all day erry day.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Soren needs to use a Wind tome if he doesn't want to kill his AS.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Dr Pepper posted:

You can lower weight on a forge. A thunder tome with 1 weight is cheaper than a Wind tome with equivalent might.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

BlitzBlast posted:

I'm sorry, but Roy is physically incapable of having a Support with a woman that doesn't end in marriage. I mean just look at Cecilia.

You should make it so that he can marry anyone. Let Marcus become the queen Lycia deserves.

I'll be adding endings for pretty much all of his A-Supports simply because I want to be able to. But the games hard coded to max accept 10 supports per character. The only 6 of whom will actually have that bullshit amount being the lords.

Also, it's worth pointing out that supports are being changed to how they progressed in FE9! Which allows me to better tie the supports into the actual plot of the game! This wont be in the demo I'm going to release so it's more of a vanity change. But it's entirely possible and I prefer it to FE6's busted system.

The main thing to work on though is making sure I can get proper paired endings working. We have a potential way to do it but I'm working against a bad system.

Gonzales will have an ending with people, though probably not who you think.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Onmi posted:

But it's entirely possible and I prefer it to FE6's busted system.

Want to support Rutger and Karel?

Hope you like sitting them them together for two hundred turns.

On the last three stages of the game.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Better than Karla, who only got two and a half stages. :v:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Dr Pepper posted:

Don't use Soren

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Looper posted:

Don't use Soren

Too late he and Ike has a Support going on.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Looper posted:

Don't use Soren

Soren was a god among men when I last played through the radiant games, capping pretty much every stat in PoR and going all green in RD(Not that someone doing that in radiant dawn is anything special).
More importantly, he's just the most lovable of racist assholes and has some pretty cools supports.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Always use Soren, he is good. Just give him an energy drop and pray he gets lucky with his speed growth.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I actually got lucky and Soren actually hit his strength growth.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Up to my ears in lies

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

why would you leave ike's boyfriend on the bench

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It's ok that Soren has low strength because he has high enough speed he can take the hit. That said, mages in FE9-10 are super mediocre all around.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Endorph posted:

why would you leave ike's boyfriend on the bench

but Priam exists :confused:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

adoption

why do you think priam doesn't actually have aether

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I only use one mage every playthrough of FE9, and it's always Soren.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Dr Pepper posted:

Want to support Rutger and Karel?

Hope you like sitting them them together for two hundred turns.

On the last three stages of the game.

Yeah, now you just have to... hmm... I'll have to check with Can if Karel can join prepped to C support everyone and then just has to be brought to the other two chapters to A rank them.

Also on the FE9 mage chat. Tormod All Day Every Day. Dude's got more move, and he doesn't personally annoy the crap out of me.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Ike has a sister you know

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I appreciate that Ike and Elincia didn't have a romance angle at all. It just makes sense, they don't really know eachother that well.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

alcharagia posted:

Ike has a sister you know

As an aside I do hope we're all kidding about the 'Priam' malarky. Anyone who seriously cares that their headcanon was affected by Ike having a descendant is seriously sad. I mean the worst case of denial that came from it was "Well he only says he's descended from Ike he could just be a crazy hobo man."

Austrian mook posted:

I appreciate that Ike and Elincia didn't have a romance angle at all. It just makes sense, they don't really know eachother that well.

Eh, they did in 9, they dropped it in 10. A lot of things were dropped in 10. Like actual proper supports.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I've heard that the Elincia/Ike thing in FE9 was partially a translation thing, but who knows

and for real, priam is adopted, sorry if you cant handle that

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Onmi posted:

Eh, they did in 9, they dropped it in 10. A lot of things were dropped in 10. Like actual proper supports.

I just thought that Elincia had a bit of a crush on the guy who saved her and her country, and then as she grew and didn't see him for a while, got over it.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Endorph posted:

I've heard that the Elincia/Ike thing in FE9 was partially a translation thing, but who knows

and for real, priam is adopted, sorry if you cant handle that

I can 100% guarantee that it's not the case of a translation thing, as I do have experience with the untranslated game. I wanted to try out Maniac mode. Now what is a problem with the translation is in 10, there are two scripts for the game, a shortened down script for easy mode and hard mode had a more fleshed out script which apparently explained things better. We just got the shortened script on everything.

On comparison though, not much is expanded on, chapter 1-2 still makes no sense except to give you a chapter between 1-1 and 1-3.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Onmi posted:

I can 100% guarantee that it's not the case of a translation thing, as I do have experience with the untranslated game. I wanted to try out Maniac mode. Now what is a problem with the translation is in 10, there are two scripts for the game, a shortened down script for easy mode and hard mode had a more fleshed out script which apparently explained things better. We just got the shortened script on everything.

On comparison though, not much is expanded on, chapter 1-2 still makes no sense except to give you a chapter between 1-1 and 1-3.
Yeah, I've heard of that. It's such a bizarre decision, not only from a translation perspective but to even have a shorter script for different difficulties to begin with.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

This mode is for kids, so let's write it like it's for kids. :downs:

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Onmi posted:

What sort of extra stuff is there, if you don't mind me asking?

E: Also I figured out the pirate level, but Lyn is now level 18. :pwn:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Austrian mook posted:

Serenes has some script comparisons

From 2-F
http://serenesforest.net/radiant-dawn/scripts/game-script/part-2-final-chapter-elincias-gambit/regular/
http://serenesforest.net/radiant-dawn/scripts/game-script/part-2-final-chapter-elincias-gambit/extended/

Again, they don't really flesh it out amazingly more than it already is. But it's really weird they did the 2 script thing.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
IIRC the FE10 section of the SF main site has some of the extended script

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Austrian mook posted:

It's nothing too major, from comparing the scripts, mostly just explanations of stuff people didn't really care about. Things like explaining why Brom uses Axes now, or a little aside in the final chapter where Yune heals everybody heading into the tower, since they'd just gotten into a brawl with the zombie soldiers.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

There's a whole lot of characterization tossed out too though.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

There's a whole lot of characterization tossed out too though.

That could be a thread title if someone else decides to do RD

Fire Emblem Radiant Down: There's a whole lot of characterization tossed out

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Endorph posted:

Yeah, I've heard of that. It's such a bizarre decision, not only from a translation perspective but to even have a shorter script for different difficulties to begin with.

According to interviews the reasoning was that since Normal was meant as "normal for people who never played a Fire Emblem", they put less dialogue in since it was meant more for casual players.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Last Celebration posted:

According to interviews the reasoning was that since Normal was meant as "normal for people who never played a Fire Emblem", they put less dialogue in since it was meant more for casual players.
That... makes no sense. Dialogue is usually the thing casual players like the most, and often what they're playing the game for to begin with.

And if they don't care about the plot, they could just skip the cutscene. I can't imagine the person who'd go 'I want dialogue, but 5% less dialogue than would otherwise be in the game.'

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Why even bother making two scripts? It seems like way more trouble than it's worth. Not that the extended script seems to make much more sense, since the end of the second chapter has the Greil Mercenaries making preparations to go to Daein, but then it still goes into the Laguz Alliance stuff. The increased characterisation is appreciated though, and it reminds me that the second chapter is probably the best written part of the game, likely because it's largely disconnected from the rest of the story.

And on the previous topic I also kinda like how Elincia and Ike don't end up together in FE10, if only because of the novelty of a JRPG protagonist without a love interest.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

And on the previous topic I also kinda like how Elincia and Ike don't end up together in FE10, if only because of the novelty of a JRPG protagonist without a love interest.

soren dude

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I mean, obviously. But they don't come out and say it in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

By that logic, so is Ranulf. Also Garcia to Ross.