Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ColtMcAsskick posted:

The instant we changed forever

I hope this becomes a meme. Anytime some individual white dude does any random crime that gets standard straight-forward reporting, plaster THE INSTANT WE CHANGED FOREVER all over that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I do love the sea salt chunk lindt. Its pretty great.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Apparently cops want everyone out of the cbd. But this is just anecdotal evidence from someone who just has been evacuated from their work. (Not me).

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
The instant we ate chocolate forever.

Kim Jong ill
Jul 28, 2010

NORTH KOREA IS ONLY KOREA.

Amoeba102 posted:

Apparently cops want everyone out of the cbd. But this is just anecdotal evidence from someone who just has been evacuated from their work. (Not me).

That is in direct contradiction to the statements being issued by NSW police at the moment.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Hence the anecdotal evidence.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Woo, free day off work, thanks terrorist!

Smegmatron
Apr 23, 2003

I hate to advocate emptyquoting or shitposting to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
There is no god but fear and Rupert is his messenger.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
I have… seen things you people wouldn't believe… Snack ships on fire off the shoulder of Lindt. I watched c-bons glitter in the dark near the Toblerone Gate. All those… moments… will be lost in time, like chocolate… in… sunlight. Time… to eat…

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Must be a poo poo reactionary national identity if one guy with a gun can change it forever in an instant imo

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Kim Jong ill posted:

That is in direct contradiction to the statements being issued by NSW police at the moment.

Partner and I got told to leave from our respective workplaces and friends in the city got told as well. It might not be an official police request but building management and workplaces are probably telling people to go if possible.

T-1000
Mar 28, 2010
The deputy commissioner just announced that they're communicating with the gunman but won't confirm if there's only one of them or more. Or give any other info.

Regarding hostages getting out: One of the hostages sneaks up and hits the door-open button and runs out. Another sprints out behind him a second later. SWAT aren't even looking in their direction when they run past them. The third hostage pissbolts out the fire escape, where SWAT are waiting, but the SWAT guy who comes out behind him is walking out so casually that another SWAT-dude outside grabs him and pulls him out of the way so they can point guns in the door.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

facebook comments posted:

I told you guys Islam was evil, now Sydney is a caliphate!!!

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Leo Showers posted:

I have… seen things you people wouldn't believe… Snack ships on fire off the shoulder of Lindt. I watched c-bons glitter in the dark near the Toblerone Gate. All those… moments… will be lost in time, like chocolate… in… sunlight. Time… to eat…

That is amazing.

On a serious note, I don't see the point of speculating on this siege until actual information is made available. They should have got QLD pol in though, they know how to handle siege situations really well.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

CrazyTolradi posted:

That is amazing.

On a serious note, I don't see the point of speculating on this siege until actual information is made available. They should have got QLD pol in though, they know how to handle siege situations really well.

Nobody beats the Russians gassing 100 of the hostages they were trying to rescue.

Pyramid Scheme
May 21, 2007

All 3 ex-hostages were men. Maybe the guy is not willing to kill yet, but getting rid of potential challengers for his precarious alpha male position?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

quote:

It is not clear how many hostages are in the cafe. Reports have ranged from 8 to 50. Five different hostages have been sighted in news footage.

Thanks journalism. Thournalism.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

SynthOrange posted:

Thanks journalism. Thournalism.

Having been in that cafe if they had 50 people at 9:45 in the morning they are officially doing amazing business.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

T-1000 posted:

The deputy commissioner just announced that they're communicating with the gunman but won't confirm if there's only one of them or more. Or give any other info.

Regarding hostages getting out: One of the hostages sneaks up and hits the door-open button and runs out. Another sprints out behind him a second later. SWAT aren't even looking in their direction when they run past them. The third hostage pissbolts out the fire escape, where SWAT are waiting, but the SWAT guy who comes out behind him is walking out so casually that another SWAT-dude outside grabs him and pulls him out of the way so they can point guns in the door.

:stare:

Fire escape guy is drat lucky he didn't get shot.

Kim Jong ill
Jul 28, 2010

NORTH KOREA IS ONLY KOREA.

Splode posted:

TOU are probably the least likely crops to be trigger happy given the huge amounts of tactical training they undergo.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please

CrazyTolradi posted:

That is amazing.

The most import thing in the media cycle today is been first with the story. Take an educated jump in the hope you'll proven right.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

They are holding up the flag again.

T-1000
Mar 28, 2010

Splode posted:

Looks like they were expecting him. The guys who came out the front door were more of a surprise.

Kim Jong ill posted:

TOU are probably the least likely crops to be trigger happy given the huge amounts of tactical training they undergo.
They're only holding guns up at certain times, the rest of the time they're lowered and just look watchful. I imagine they're really hot and kinda bored.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

The Guardian posted:

Police have had to move on a man ranting agains Islam outside of the siege. Ralph Cerminara is the leader of the Australian Defence League, an anti-Muslim organisation and went to the siege to specifically rant against the religion. Police told him to leave the area.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Good.

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

Pyramid Scheme posted:

All 3 ex-hostages were men. Maybe the guy is not willing to kill yet, but getting rid of potential challengers for his precarious alpha male position?

Traditionally they kill the men on the spot, and use the women and children as bargaining chips.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ooh my god he looks pretty much like you'd expect.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
The Press Council confirming they've already received a complaint about the Tele's "special" edition

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

SynthOrange posted:

Ooh my god he looks pretty much like you'd expect.

Master race, that. If the master race were the stay puft man.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
I don't know why you guys are flipping out about the Daily Tele I think it's adorable

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

Yes, lets gently caress up the police operation and get in the way of a hostage crisis...

Pyramid Scheme
May 21, 2007

ABC - get the co-worker off. This is terrible journalism.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

IslamoNazi posted:

I don't know why you guys are flipping out about the Daily Tele I think it's adorable

He's so dapper :3:

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
"There is only one dog...and he answers to Anidav" and Chris Kenney

BogDew fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Dec 15, 2014

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

The next Brisgoon meet can be in Newmarket so I can just walk my dog to the location.

chyaroh
Aug 8, 2007

Sounds like a terrorist threat to me. Interesting to see if it ever is reported as such.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

I hope they arrest this guy.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Surely the ADL doesn't have any on-ground activity and is mostly online and probably won't cause a race riot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

CrazyTolradi posted:

They should have got QLD pol in though, they know how to handle siege situations really well.

An ex-copper I know claimed to have shot someone's ear off in a siege situation, and got into a shitload of trouble because he missed the head.

• Locked thread