Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Cataphract posted:

Heh. Just opened my death storm box and it contains a bag with 5 round 40mm bases and one square one; presumably for the terminators.

I have no idea what the square one is for. Unless it is somehow in there instead of the base the teleport homer is meant to go on.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Dec 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

I have no idea what the square one is for. Unless it is somehow in there instead of the base the teleport homer is meant to go on.

I didn't get a square one...

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

Looks like GW wants us to use some Elite slots.

Aaaaand Elite bloat solved! :shepface:

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
I didn't get a square one either, just a 25mm for the teleport homer. You got a lucky mispack!

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

drgnvale posted:

I didn't get a square one either, just a 25mm for the teleport homer. You got a lucky mispack!

Except there's no base for the terminator captain.

What's the likelyhood that GW customer service will send me another death storm box if I complain.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

Looks like GW wants us to use some Elite slots.

What campaign book is that and when does this come out?

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Stanyer89 posted:

What campaign book is that and when does this come out?

Pretty sure it's Shield of Baal: Exterminatus.

Safety Factor posted:

Finally, an excuse to use all of these Space Hulk Terminators!

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Icon Of Sin posted:

Belial is pissed.

If they decide to slap Deathwing into an alternate FoC and it isn't at least on-par with that, I give up.

Safety Factor posted:

Imagine if you could've taken Death Company with it.

Blood, loving everywhere.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
I've been working on my tervigon for the oath thread, and I think it's coming along great. Especially as this is only the second tyranid model I've attempted, after a horm for testing the color scheme.

Still plenty of work to do finishing the model up and then cleaning up some of the shaky highlights, but I'm really happy with the basic colors and how it looks from 18" away.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
After reading the deets on the new Blood Marine codex... if I was a necron player, I'd be clenching my rear end :ohdear:

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

BULBASAUR posted:

After reading the deets on the new Blood Marine codex... if I was a necron player, I'd be clenching my rear end :ohdear:

I play Blood Angels and Necrons.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

drgnvale posted:

I've been working on my tervigon for the oath thread, and I think it's coming along great. Especially as this is only the second tyranid model I've attempted, after a horm for testing the color scheme.

Still plenty of work to do finishing the model up and then cleaning up some of the shaky highlights, but I'm really happy with the basic colors and how it looks from 18" away.

Looking good! Behemoth's always looked great in the snow. The cool white for the base against the deep red of the body really pops. And I'm glad you're using a cool blue for the chitin, rather than the more turquoise tone that a lot of folks seem to use. It would have clashed with the snow. Are you going to attempt any kind of a goo effect on the bursting nidsack? And what are your plans for the doomchimneys?

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I play Blood Angels and Necrons.
*pours out a 40*

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Dec 15, 2014

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

Ignite Memories posted:

Looking good! Behemoth's always looked great in the snow. The cool white for the base against the deep red of the body really pops. And I'm glad you're using a cool blue for the chitin, rather than the more turquoise tone that a lot of folks seem to use. It would have clashed with the snow. Are you going to attempt any kind of a goo effect on the bursting nidsack? Also, what are your plans for the doomchimneys?

Thanks! I have no idea what I'm going to do for those things, which is why I'm saving them for (almost) last. I want to try to figure out the talons and hooves first, then the little spine dohickeys, and then I'll tackle the chimneys. And then there's corruption/growths on the base... tyranids are pretty fun to paint and build.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

BULBASAUR posted:

Necrons are gonna be cool and good. They're basically perfect right now I think. If tesla gets switched to one extra shot instead of two it won't surprise me though.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

panascope posted:

Necrons are gonna be cool and good. They're basically perfect right now I think. If tesla gets switched to one extra shot instead of two it won't surprise me though.

Tesla is 99% likely to be "doesn't work on snapshots" like it is in the Space Wolf codex.

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...
The amount of nerds champing at the bit for a Necron nerf (not so much here as on Dakka) is amusing... And odd since I wouldn't put Necrons in the top 5 of any current "power rankings." Pretty sure Eldar, Tau, Imperial Potpourri, Dark Eldar, and Post-Apology-Nids would be above 'em on most players threat boards.

I guess is nerds still mad that their beatstik was made to beat himself a few times through 6th edition.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
I will laugh and laugh and laugh if mindshackle scarabs stay the same. I'd still bring 'em if they were 50 points.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

ghetto wormhole posted:

I will laugh and laugh and laugh if mindshackle scarabs stay the same. I'd still bring 'em if they were 50 points.

I wont. I am tired of smashing my own face in with my own Thunder Hammer... over and over again.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Stanyer89 posted:

I wont. I am tired of smashing my own face in with my own Thunder Hammer... over and over again.

Or having to make one of my TGC's run away from a (15?) point upgrade because I dont want to sit there stabbing myself. I understand why it exists since necrons arnt really known for their CC prowess, but still.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
The Necron codex is rock solid and has been going strong for years. Because of this, I have no doubts it's going to get poo poo on.

Yeah maybe you'll get a lucky, but I am a pessimist and GW last few books are pretty :flaccid:

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
I, too received a mispacked Deathstorm set. They forgot my broodlord and instead put in two Captain Karlaens. I contected customer service, and a replacement broodlord is on the way. I put the extra up on eBay with the tyranids.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I'd be surprised if MSS was not hit with the nerf bat. I'd say expect a simplier attack. Like 1 ST hit against themself or somethin.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

All right. Tyranids may be good. Most importantly, did I miss a beautiful Broken Loose post?

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe
Don't mention his name.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

7thBatallion posted:

All right. Tyranids may be good. Most importantly, did I miss a beautiful Broken Loose post?

Check yourself, man.

Superheavy crosspost time:

The Sex Cannon posted:

Is it Sunday? Did I stay up until almost 3 AM to finish my Shadowsword even though I have work in the morning? Yup.

This thing is loving awesome. Huge, too.

Even Russes look like babies next to this thing!

I'm going to have a lot of fun blowing up my friends' titans at our huge Apoc game in January.

Cataphract, come to DC so I can shoot your Stompa with this Shadowsword.

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009

Tequila Ranger posted:

The amount of nerds champing at the bit for a Necron nerf (not so much here as on Dakka) is amusing... And odd since I wouldn't put Necrons in the top 5 of any current "power rankings." Pretty sure Eldar, Tau, Imperial Potpourri, Dark Eldar, and Post-Apology-Nids would be above 'em on most players threat boards.

I guess is nerds still mad that their beatstik was made to beat himself a few times through 6th edition.
Look at this nerd, thinking other people are nerds. :smuggo:

They got several things which could use rules tweaks downwards (Tesla, MSS) and some others that could use points tweaks upwards (Flyers.) But it's a weird situation - a lot of the Necron book needs serious buffs or price reductions to be exciting or usable, so it really needs to hit the balance perfectly. It reminds me of the transition Tyranids went through with their last book, where the previous one had some really powerful units (Iron Arm Flyrants and Tervigons, I knew ye well) and a ton of crap that was of questionable use - and the transition nerfed the offenders while not giving a great reason to use much of the rest of the book. While I do want to see Tesla get tagged, I don't want to see Necrons go through that.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
IG was the same way if not worse and they drat near nailed it on that book. I play Necrons and IG so I have high hopes :v:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I just noticed the omega symbol

Nice touch

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

The Sex Cannon posted:

Check yourself, man.

It's a very enjoyable tank, very nice. But.... why is the hull mounted heavy bolter fixed? :psyduck: Do they have to swivel or elevate the body of the tank to aim it?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
The Smaug model looks like basically a FW product in a GW box: http://taleofpainters.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/review-smaug-unboxing-video-and-photos.html ...FW resin model, bubble wrap, clamshell boxes

First assimilation of internal re-organization? or just a high-spec model that is best done in resin because of the limited production?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

krushgroove posted:

high-spec model that is best done in resin because of the limited production?

Probably that. Even short lifespan aluminium molds to make a model that size in styrene would have been too costly for the amount they'll sell

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

krushgroove posted:

The Smaug model looks like basically a FW product in a GW box: http://taleofpainters.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/review-smaug-unboxing-video-and-photos.html ...FW resin model, bubble wrap, clamshell boxes

First assimilation of internal re-organization? or just a high-spec model that is best done in resin because of the limited production?

I was going to post about this. I was very surprised when I opened it and it was basically Forge World. Very happy about that. Its an immense model too, much bigger than the picture makes it look.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Sex Cannon posted:

Check yourself, man.

Man I have no idea how I'd get the big yellow bugger on a plane.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Cataphract posted:

Baby seat. Your fellow passengers will appreciate your silent alternative.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Assembling my Tyranid Warriors from the Deathstorm box now. The new kit is nice, but I'm a little disappointed the torso still doesn't have a socket or anything to properly connect the legs/tail to the torso without it looking slightly open and blocky. :/ Ah well.

Already having a basic set of Warriors for backline stuff, I'm going to have fun with these and make them melee monsters to 'pod in. Might even attach a Prime if I'm feeling saucy/stupid.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Cataphract posted:

In a baby carrier strapped to your chest. "No you can't see him just now, I just got him to sleep." For the entire flight.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

krushgroove posted:

The second. Don't read into it.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

ghetto wormhole posted:

I can neither confirm nor deny any involvement with the Chinese.

You don't have to. It's obvious which route you took. Lame.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
That would be my guess, but comments from FW folks at Warhammer Fest made me wonder how things work internally. Can't help but wonder :)

Speaking of Smaug, here's a blog post with Smaugh getting assembled http://itslikewatchingpaintdry.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/smaug-assembly-wip.html This guy noticed 3D printing layers, which I saw on the link I posted earlier (on the tongue especially).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

The Sex Cannon posted:

That is one good looking monster tank! Makes me want to paint one of mine, which I'll do... eventually.

• Locked thread