Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

IslamoNazi posted:

OK, so this guy came in with a flag. He's released people with demands of a ISIS flag. This means that he had the wrong flag and it's literally a false flag operation.

ohhh gently caress you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ian Winthorpe III
Dec 5, 2013

gays, fatties and women are the main funny things in life. Fuck those lefty tumblrfuck fags, I'll laugh at poofs and abbos if I want to

Bifauxnen posted:

This raises a good objection, though. My whole point relies on the unspoken assumption that if you think this kind of speech towards white people is totally not okay bro, it should hopefully click in your mind that maybe it's not okay towards Muslims either!

So the people unironically posting that poo poo about Muslims on Facebook would have to be at least smarter than Rapner right now for my message to have any point whatsoever. I don't think I've got good odds here.

Dunno what you're saying here but congrats on being white I guess?

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

IslamoNazi posted:

OK, so this guy came in with a flag. He's released people with demands of a ISIS flag. This means that he had the wrong flag and it's literally a false flag operation.

:vince:

Foreman Domai
Apr 2, 2010

"In one dimension I find existence, in two I find life, but in three, I find freedom."
Here's another dose of social media idiocy doing the rounds today.

Never mind that it's the 15th of December.

Meat Miracle
Oct 24, 2010
And that scary Muslims name? Albert Einstein.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thats good advice though, Sydney's a shithole at the time. Also every other time.

Neif
Jul 26, 2012

The Welfare Lobby posted:

Hahaha someone actually told me that story the other day, but changed it too something like "oh my besties mother's cousin found a wallet the other day ..etc etc"

I laughed at them and told them it was a dumb story and she got all offended - okay it was my wife and she didn't talk to me for the rest of the day.

Feel pretty vindicated now if it's part of a dumb social media 'thing' doing the rounds.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

My brother got punched in the back of the head on the train when we were up in Sydney on New Year's. That kindly Muslim man gives good advice.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
My dog will find the mysterious new years muslim:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

This is quite literally a post 9/11 meme, changed for Australia's misuse.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Bifauxnen posted:

This raises a good objection, though. My whole point relies on the unspoken assumption that if you think this kind of speech towards white people is totally not okay bro, it should hopefully click in your mind that maybe it's not okay towards Muslims either!

So the people unironically posting that poo poo about Muslims on Facebook would have to be at least smarter than Rapner right now for my message to have any point whatsoever. I don't think I've got good odds here.

I don't think it's ok directed at -anyone-. Go show the people who think it's ok your logic, maybe you'll plant the seeds of change.

raging bullwinkle
Jun 15, 2011

Anidav posted:

Do we even know that grainy picture is the guy? Being internet detective is dangerous stuff. The poo poo that happened during the Boston bomb was utter insanity.

What happened on the internet during the Boston bomb? All I remember is some girl telling me that reddit was doing a better job of finding the guy than the police.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
From facebook I just got defriended by someone because I responded to them referring to this as a possible false flag as "this is complete nonsense." Not answering their phone either.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Rapner posted:

I don't think it's ok directed at -anyone-. Go show the people who think it's ok your logic, maybe you'll plant the seeds of change.

:rolleyes:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

raging bullwinkle posted:

What happened on the internet during the Boston bomb? All I remember is some girl telling me that reddit was doing a better job of finding the guy than the police.
Reddit was just circling everyone with backpacks in large photos and pointing out people with "ethnic features".

Serrath
Mar 17, 2005

I have nothing of value to contribute
Ham Wrangler

raging bullwinkle posted:

Reddit fingered the wrong guy, tweeted about it which was picked up by newspapers, published widely and some innocent guy's life was p.much ruined.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Lid posted:

From facebook I just got defriended by someone because I responded to them referring to this as a possible false flag as "this is complete nonsense." Not answering their phone either.

Uhh you should be deleting their number from your phone not trying to call them mate.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Serrath posted:

Reddit fingered the wrong guy, tweeted about it which was picked up by newspapers, published widely and some innocent guy's life was p.much ruined.

they found him dead in a river

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Luigi Thirty posted:

they found him dead in a river

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-04-26/falsely-accused-bombing-suspect-confirmed-dead/4652176

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Nick Leys posted:

ABC can confirm it has been contacted a number of times by hostages inside the #lindt cafe and we are cooperating with police.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Tommofork posted:

Uhh you should be deleting their number from your phone not trying to call them mate.

I'm one of those people who unfortunately cares about people and wants to know what is going on with them. They're someone who mean a lot to me honestly.

The blue bunny
May 29, 2013

This is from just after 9/11. My boss (at the time) left Sydney for the day. On the date it was meant to take place. We had this long discussion about how i was going to get to work and home without entering the CBD.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Rapner posted:

I love that you TRIPLED down on this, and I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume it's lazy trolling. IWC is posting ITT right now, learn from the master.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
Commercial news is absolutely gleeful about the fact that something in Australia is getting global coverage

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

So its true then? This guy literally wants an Isis flag so he can do a execution video? That's about the only reason you would want the flag.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
Also I have been pleasantly surprised by the lack of racism on Facebook today. Only three defriendings

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Rapner posted:

I don't know man, there are Muslims being targeted and demonized and abused ~right now~ so it seems kind of messed up or callous for you to be worried about this at the moment.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Anidav posted:

So its true then? This guy literally wants an Isis flag so he can do a execution video? That's about the only reason you would want the flag.

where did you get this being an execution thing from?

Brayds2006
Aug 21, 2011

GhostWhoVotes posted:

#Morgan Poll 2 Party Preferred: L/NP 42.5 (-4) ALP 57.5 (+4) #auspol

http://www.roymorgan.com/findings/5981-morgan-poll-federal-voting-intention-december-15-2014-201412150657

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Haters Objector posted:

Also I have been pleasantly surprised by the lack of racism on Facebook today. Only three defriendings

I did a big purge a few years back, havn't had to do any defriendings since. I just got stay safe messages and comedy gold.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Seagull posted:

where did you get this being an execution thing from?

Well every video of the type by IS has the flag being held up in the background and the guy wants to talk to Tony Abbott. That's just my interpretation.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Rapner posted:

So because some people are using hatespeech in other places you brought it here. GOOD JOB.

shut up and gently caress off

just my 2c

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Lol at the people ITT who unironically unfriend people over politics.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
It's not all bad

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Splode posted:

I love that you TRIPLED down on this, and I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume it's lazy trolling. IWC is posting ITT right now, learn from the master.

No, quadrupling down now. I think that in line with Horseshoe Theory that the people on the left who trot out 'white people are xxx' are just as bad as people on the right who trot out 'black people are xxx'.

Bifauxnen posted:

I don't know man, there are Muslims being targeted and demonized and abused ~right now~ so it seems kind of messed up or callous for you to be worried about this at the moment.

Well, at least you're balancing the scales by saying bad things about white people!

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

cravius posted:

Lol at the people ITT who unironically unfriend people over politics.

Nah it's ok mate they were actually ironic unfriendings

Pizza Segregationist
Jul 18, 2006

Rapner posted:

Dude do you seriously think he was being serious. Like, you think he was directing hate speech at white people and not just pointing out the hate speech that is frequently directed at muslims. Because you would have to be really really stupid to think that. Like really stupid.

ASIC v Danny Bro
May 1, 2012

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
CAPTAIN KILL

Just HEAPS of dead Palestinnos for brekkie, mate!

:eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop:

Ian Winthorpe III
Dec 5, 2013

gays, fatties and women are the main funny things in life. Fuck those lefty tumblrfuck fags, I'll laugh at poofs and abbos if I want to

IslamoNazi posted:

It's not all bad

And then everyone stopped up and clapped towards Mecca.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Don't we usually call Roy Morgan inaccurate?

• Locked thread